Chapter 26: Memories

Best Friends are like fairy tales. They've been since the Once Upon A Time and will be there till the Forever After....

Chapter 26: Memories

The grin that had graced my face was hard to remove as I began singing. I was a bit nervous as I glanced at the audience so instead of looking at them, I focussed my eyes on the three people that had forced me to do what I'd been scared of doing since years now.

Their smiling faces that had a glint of pride in it, were enough for me to sing the song with building confidence.

In between the song, when there was a long musical pause, I spoke into the mic.

"Hey guys, I know that some of you still don't believe that someone as popular as Aaron could actually be friends with me. But honestly, I don't have any reason to prove that to you. But since he was a major part of the reason why I'm here, I'd like to share our moments together since our diaper days."

Aaron's eyes widened a bit and I knew that all of our embarrassing photos were running through his head. I gave him a cheeky grin and motioned for the tech guys to start with the presentation.

"And of course, I apologise in advance to Aaron, because I'm pretty sure that I probably won't be left alive after this so here we go..."

After giving a sheepish grin to my beloved best friend, I turned to face the screen where the pictures were starting to be projected.

Turn by turn, the photos, right from our days of childhood started playing.

In the first one, we had our foreheads connected and our noses joined and we were both grinning at each other. It was a cute moment of when we were in kinder garden.

The next one was of us in the first grade, with me riding on Aaron's back as he pretended to be a horse.
I was clutching his Winnie the Pooh t-shirt as he raced across the garden.

I smiled as I thought of those days when he used to give me these kind of rides everyday.

Next was one of the funniest ones. We were both drenched in different colours and had an arm around each other as we grinned for the camera. I still remember how difficult it was for me to remove the blue colour that was on my nose.

Pictures like these kept on coming across the screen and I could hear girls going 'aww' as the adorable face of Aaron came in different pictures.

After a few seconds, the pictures started maturing, with us going into the roller coaster of hormonal changes, named puberty.

I turned my attention to Aaron, who had a distant smile on his face as he looked at the presentation with a glazed expression.

As I looked at him, sudden laughter caught my attention. I saw Aaron turning a bit red so I returned my focus back to the screen to see what was there.

What I saw, almost made me double over in laughter.

On it was the picture of a fourteen-year old Aaron with pigtails.

I still remember that day. It was his I'm-to-cool-to-cut-my-hair phase where he was adamant to keep a rockstar look with long hair. His mom wanted him to cut them, so did I. But he hadn't seem to budge.

So that night, I had taken the liberty of tying his hair into pigtails and write 'I'm a Barbie girl' with a sharpie as he slept.

Ah, memories.

As the pictures came one after the another, I kept singing.

Soon, after a couple of minutes, the slide-show came to an end and so did my song.