I Claim Your LOVE

By rvik28

Callan has been a non-shifter his entire life. He was ridiculed and looked down upon. But with the help of hi... More

Punishment is in order
The First Instinct
The Great Escape
Unknown Feelings
The Other Form
A Birthday to Celebrate
A Birthday to Regret
Out Of Control
The First Kiss
Reinforcements
The Sacrifice
The Ancient Book
Mesmerised
Meeting The Ashtons
A Stranger With Powers
Invitations
A Chance Meeting
My Mate
The Known Secret
Beast Beloved
A Trap
The Awakening
Nightmare
Unanswered
Make A Wish
Stabbed
A Trip To The Mountains
Too Close Yet Too Far
The Trials
A Winning Loser
A New Role
Jealousy Thy Name
To Love Is Divine
Welcoming The Guests
The Blessed And The Cursed
The Supreme Being
A Firm Decision
Where He Belongs
A Friendly Advice
The Call
Me For You
The Pit Of Death
To Lend A Helping Hand
Making A Move
The Mysterious Girl
Uncrown
A Task For My Friend
A Ray Of Hope
Amendments
A Failed Promise
In Heat
Taken
Deal With The Devil
Objections
Unforgiven
Expulsion
No More Escape
Vengeance With A Pride
Closer To The Truth
It Will Always Be You
A Place To Call 'Home'
The Stone Of Majalvik
The Past That Haunts
No Matter What
A Step Closer
The Bleeding Heart
Framed
Challenged
The Battle Of The Eternals
Travesty Of Justice
Rising From Ashes
The Worst Of The Hurt
Epilogue-1
Epilogue 2

To Heal A Heart

3.2K 222 15
By rvik28

Garrick paced from wall to wall with his eyes glued to the door. It had been hours since Callan's departure but still no sign of the remedy. Everything hinged on what Callan did in the mountains to retrieve the grass. Garrick could not think straight today. His panicked face just made everyone around him nervous. He was distressed to look at an immobile Einar. He wanted to find a way to ensure that Einar was still there, to know the extent of his pain and find a solution to lessen it.

Einar was becoming quite gaunt as the moments passed. His heavy breaths were alarming while his occasional grunts were keeping Garrick on his toes. His skin was changing its usual color to a shade of blue which was gleaming darker and darker. What petrified Garrick though was Einar's sudden jerk and shuddering which occurred at any moment. Einar shivered with a jolt for some time and became normal thereafter.

Garrick could not take it anymore. He looked at a pensive Aurora and lashed out "Your decision to send him out to fetch those grass was completely pathetic. He is just a human! He does not have the skill or the speed to reach there on time. What if he takes too long? I don't trust Callan. In fact he could have done a lot more if he just stayed here with Einar."

Aurora sat upright when she heard the last words. Garrick was adamant for the part of keeping Callan inside the house. Perhaps he wanted to keep a close watch on Callan or perhaps he wanted his help with Einar's case. But why a sudden change of heart? Aurora knew that since his father's death Garrick had been bitter towards Callan and could not bear him in his proximity. So what changed now? She looked at Einar and then at Garrick. The future beta wanting Callan nearby only meant one thing- Callan could aid his true mate and ease his pain. That meant Garrick had unfolded the truth. "You know...!" she whispered.

Garrick raised his brow accusingly "And how do you know?"

Aurora relaxed her stance "I have known for a long time son of Umberto." She sighed "It is finally good to talk about it with someone from the pack. An actual wolf."

Garrick nodded "So you do agree that Callan being here would have been more beneficial rather than wandering in those mountains."

"This is where you are wrong Garrick. The location of the tree is not easy to find, your wolf senses would have been useless once you were up there. Besides Callan has a fair judgement about the area." As also no one would be able to retrieve the grass other than Callan.

Garrick huffed in annoyance "Even if I agree with you, don't you think Callan was needed here more than at the mountains. He could soothe Einar's pain and maybe even help him in his recovery."

Aurora chuckled in amusement "It doesn't work that way. Callan would only accelerate the rate of his recovery but for that we need to start the curing process first."

Garrick sat on a chair and hunched his arms running fingers around his hair in frustration. He knew that the healer was right but he was too consumed in Einar's deprivation. Add it to the burden of concealing such a vital information from Einar's parents and the entire pack. Moreover, Arthur had just linked him that he and Rosaline were headed their way. For the next few days he had to come up with a believable excuse about the Alpha's absence and since the initiation did not take place he was not conferred the title of the beta. Hence he could not help Einar in managing the pack even if he wanted to. These thoughts would've only bothered his mind and busted his head after a point of time. He needed a distraction. The only person who could divert his mind right now was the lady in front of him. Garrick realised that she has been living here for ages but he knows nothing about her. Maybe it was time to break the mould.

"How long have you been in this pack?"

Aurora could see what Garrick was trying to do. She curtly smiled "I was born at the time of your great grandfather. We have to master our powers as a witch before being assigned to any pack. I was part healer, part witch- a rare combination in our world. I was awarded the blue moon pack after a few years of the coronation of the previous alpha."

Garrick was dumbfounded on the information he received. The witch did not look even a year older than himself. Moreover if she was that old why didn't she have any friends before Callan. "You are close to only Callan in the pack. Why?"

"That is not true." she shook her head in negation "I am close to most of the elders and people from my clan who are scattered around the world. My work keeps me busy hence I don't communicate much, that doesn't mean I am unreachable." she sighed with a smile "I have travelled a lot. I was carefree and reluctant to join the pack duties no sooner. Lady Odile did a fabulous job in handling my absence. However it all changed when Callan was born. I knew the boy was special, so much so that he glued me to the pack forever."

Understanding Aurora and Callan's relationship was hard. Firstly they were the loners no one associated themselves with. Secondly one could observe that they were really close given their age gap "D-Do you love Callan?" Garrick asked hesitatingly

Aurora just smiled and shook her head. "I do love him but not the way as you think. I have my own mate to love you know." She winked "For others, mine and Callan's relationship is that of friendship but for me he is like my own son."

Garrick gulped in embarrassment and lowered his eyes in shame. He was abashed for the straight forward talk "I.. I am sorry. I just spoke out what was on my mind without even giving a thought."

"It is all right." She waved her hands "Communication is the key. It is good that you cleared up things with me."

It was satisfying for Garrick to know that Callan had a protector. This would keep Einar's worries at bay up to a certain extent. Otherwise Callan could bring a side of Einar which would be catastrophic to everyone around. But how long would Einar avoid the inevitable? There will be a time when his beasts will reign supreme and make his resolve weak. They will crave Callan more and more and may even hurt Rosaline in the process. So what was the right thing to do? Should they abstain from seeing each other as they have done up till now or should Einar give his fate a chance? He rubbed his temples and sighed before looking at Aurora "What about them?"

"What about them?" She asked in confusion.

"What do you think would happen when Callan knows about being mates with Einar?"

Aurora had imagined this scenario hundreds of times- The moment when the truth was revealed to Callan. However, everytime the outcome was devastating! Owing to their closeness, Callan had deduced that Aurora had been hiding something important from him. He trusted her and he knew that when the time was right his friend would come to him and let him know what the matter was. What he did not knew was the fact that Aurora had been keeping the biggest secret of his life from him. Callan may never forgive her when he comes to know that she was aware about his mate all along "This thought has plundered my ease for years now. I dont know if he will be acceptive of the bond and even if he is, Einar has closed all the doors for them to be together!"

"He had his own reasons.." Garrick defended his friend. Einar had already chosen a path and now he could not back down. Rosaline was his mate for all purposes. People would never accept Callan and may even reject Einar as their alpha. Thus it was important to keep things as they were "Can't we just do anything to keep them away from each other without Einar's beasts getting agitated."

"You don't understand." She gasped "There is no power in the entire world which can keep them away from each other." She whispered, worry clear in her face.

"What do you mean?"

Aurora just faltered and shrugged. She realised that she had revealed more than what was necessary "Don't think too much about what i just said. Just remember that Einar's beasts will accept no one if it is not Callan; so we have to find a way to keep them together."

"Sometimes I feel pity for Callan and annoyed at my friend. He has moved on with his life, has his own 'mate' now but he refuses to acknowledge anyone pairing up with Callan."

The obvious reason for that being his possessiveness. Whatever claims the alpha may make but one thing was for sure, Einar could never tolerate any other person with his mate. "As you said, he must have his reasons but let me warn you.." she sternly looked at Garrick ''He can't avoid Callan for much long. The more they stay together the stronger the bond grows and the weaker will be his resolve."

And only Luna knows what havoc would arise when it happens.

****

Without even taking his views into consideration Callan was forcefully accorded the task of accompanying the alpha for the night. What bothered him though was the fact that he had to stay with him in his own bed until sunrise with no one being around. It was no secret that both the men despised each other but the situation before them demanded that they keep their animosity aside and help the alpha the way he can.

 But what was he supposed to do exactly?

Sleeping in the same space with Einar was out of question. If somehow Einar's conditions deteriorates he could be of little help because these were Aurora's expertise to handle such situations. It was common knowledge that a mate could soothe the pain of their beloved so Callan's presence near Einar was absolutely pointless.

With these thoughts in mind Callan strolled around in his own room. He occasionally watched the rise and fall of Einar's chest. He did not miss the abrupt grunts and flaring of Einar's nose. Callan sighed in annoyance and decided to take a walk to clear his mind. As soon as he was close to the door, Einar snarled a low threating growl. Callan was surprised by this but assumed that the alpha might have been having a bad dream. He shook his head a little and lifted his leg again. The moment he crossed the door, Einar growled again. Callan could not understand this unruly behaviour of Einar. He thought that maybe his subconscious mind wanted someone to occupy the empty space with him. He gruffed and reluctantly retreated his steps to sit beside the alpha.

Callan supported his chin by one hand and the other was resting on the bed where Einar was sleeping. He constantly watched the pained features of Einar's face which changed its expressions dramatically. Sometimes it was serene while other times he looked like he was agitated. Callan realised that Einar was distressed.

 But what could he possibly do to ease his pain?

 Einar was disallowed to eat or drink anything until he has his theriac so feeding him was out of option. Callan did not knew if Einar likes to hear lullabies. He wanted to sing a song but thought against it as his plan could easily backfire and Einar would be angry even more. There was simply no pleasing the alpha!

All of a sudden Callan gasped as Einar grabbed his hand which was lying besides his unconscious body. Soon Einar's mien changed as his eyebrows relaxed to its original position and a sweet smile plastered his face. "I knew you would come for me my love."

The guttural voice brought chills to Callan as he knew it was not Einar but his demonic spirit taking charge. Einar was lying motionless but his eyes were slightly ajar while a faint mist was surrounding his exterior now. Callan opened his mouth in utter disbelief but no word came out of it.

"I never imagined we would meet this way again but I am glad for you are with me."

Callan did not know how to respond. In his defence he only managed to utter. "You.. You should take some rest."

Einar smiled a little more. "I have told you before. Of all the people in the world you are the only one I can never ever think of hurting. Alas! I cannot imagine you in pain! So don't be afraid of me. I don't like it."

But Callan was frightened. Einar's beast was the last being he thought he would encounter on such an eventful day. However he knew that he had to calm himself for Einar was in suffering. He took deep breaths and calmly uttered. "Are you feeling alright? Should I call someone for help?"

"I will always be alright when you are around me. So don't leave me. Ever."

Callan slowly jerked his head back. He was confused with the spirits words once again. "Sometimes I feel that your words mean more than what you say." Callan gasped as he said out loud what he was thinking. He embarrassingly lowered his eyes. "I- I am sorry. I never meant to..."

"You don't have to be sorry for anything. I mean every word I say."

This conversation was making Callan slightly nervous. It was like the other day when they met where all the cryptic talk made Callan all the more confused and slightly frustrated. He also knew that when Einar wakes up he would not like it if he knew Callan spoke with the spirit again.

"Say something! Is anything bothering you?"

 The spirits abrupt question took Callan off guard and he came out of his thoughts. "Einar would not like it if he knew that we had a conversation."

The spirit growled "He has no control over his body now. Besides both the human and the wolf are reeling heavily from the effects of the poison."

"Are you not affected by the poison?"

"No." Einar smiled "In fact I am the one who is keeping this body surviving."

Callan thought that Einar should be really grateful to have a spirit power in him. Or else he would have been done for and the pack would have lost its precious alpha. What bothered him though was the mighty spirit lying low and not healing itself like he did to Callan when he was attacked by the wolves "Why cant you heal yourself like you healed me?"

"Its not that simple. To begin with, the locket is restraining my powers and even if the locket is removed, the spirit of the wolf will take control and it will suffer irreversible damages from the poison."

"How long do you think you can hold up?"

"I can keep them breathing for eternity. However.." The smile on his face grew larger "I don't intend to use up my energy on them as I have something else planned."

This completely surprised Callan. What could be more important than saving your own life? His curiosity piqued and he hesitatingly asked "Ohh.. May I know for what other purpose you would using that power of yours?"

In his low guttural voice the spirit chuckled weakly "Its your birthday on the full moon this month. Right?" Callan hummed "I have a special surprise planned for you that day. Just wait for me."

Words failed to form when Einar replied Callan's question. What surprise could he be talking about and why him? He did not remember anyone at receiving end of the spirits gift giving side. Even then, shouldn't it be Rosaline to be addressed about any gift. What was so different about Callan? There was only one thing he could think of

He was human.

So were the legends true? Does the spirit wants Callan's soul because he was the only human in the entire vicinity. If this was true than that meant Callan's birthday would be his last day on earth! These thoughts petrified Callan more and he needed clarity to think straight "W-what surprise?"

"All in due time my love. For now I need to rest.." The spirit made a low, steady continuous sound and exhaled holding his mans hand firmly "Do you promise to be my side tonight?"

Those last words took Callan's breath away. His mind was once again boggled with the uncertainty of the beasts moves but his childlike request to hold him hostage just melted Callan's heart. An unknown smile formed on his face "I promise.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 452 18
Giovanni Moretti, the most handsome and successful Alpha of all times. He is a womanizer. Already 26 years old and he hasn't found his goddess given...
26.7K 955 15
"I, Alpha Killan Raiden Leonidas, hereby reject you as my mate." When Ackerly Ciro Galeno heard these rejection from his mate because his sexual orie...
1.2M 51.4K 80
This story is complete ✅ Alec is a twenty-five year old gentle boy with the looks of an angel. He has not figured out what he needs in love yet and h...
886K 42.3K 39
(BOOK 1) Drew Lyall knew his life would be full of obstacles. It was the fate he shared with all of the Omegas. Even though he knew the unlikelihood...