The Warrior(Alec Lightwood)

By sheen303

Shadowhunters -season 1-season2-season3 Katherine Fairchild had run away from her home when she was eleven an... More

cast
Past
Someone Old
Little Sister
The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy
The Plan
The Truth
Dead's Man's Party
Simon's saved
Magnus Bane
The Herondale
Moo Shu to Go
Simon's kidnapped part 2
Wolves
Of Men and Angels
Mortal Cup
Bad Blood
Forsaken
Rescuing Meliorn
Alternate Reality
Blood calls to Blood
Kalec
The Betrayal
The End or a Beginning?
The New Head
Hunted
Found
Day of Wrath
Back
Love
Storm
Blood Oath
Destruction
The Greater Demon
Someone New
Brother Dearest
The Fair Folk
Lost prisoner
Lie
Ancestor
Injured
Hail and Farewell
Sweet
On Infernal Ground
Haywire
Dinner
Thy Soul Instructed
Family time
Time for Truth
Inside a Mind
Plan of Attack
Fallen Solider
Back from the Dead
Digging up a Grave
Near Death
A deal
Separate
Twin Talk
In Ruins
Hell
End of the Journey
Epilogue

Party Crasher

6.4K 135 15
By sheen303

'''I think is a great idea that you're thinking of letting Magnus throw the party for Max's rune ceremony, since well neither of us have a greater taste than him. '' Katherine pulled opened the door of Magnus's loft as Alec nodded his head in agreement with her.

The warlock turned to face the two and smiled ''Back already?'' she chuckled ''Yep, but we're here to ask you something.'' Katherine looked at Alec who was standing besides her ''How would feel about throwing a party?''

An excited gleam entered Magnus's eyes and he looked between the two ''Have you met me?'' Katherine bit her lip and let out a nervous chuckle as Alec continued ''It is for Max's rune ceremony.'' the excited gleam died down and was replaced by a wary look ''I think I'll pass.''

He turned to move away and she sighed ''Magnus....'' ''I'm sure I'll love Max. But Maryse? That woman hates me.'' ''Well this party will show her how good of a person you're, it will show her that you raised me up that you are my father, and a very good one at that.'' the warlock smiled at her, his smile was full was emotion.

''That and the fact that she can  see that Kate and I, it's not going away.'' Katherine looked at Alec who squeezed her hand with a smile before looking back at Magnus who's eyes had softened ''Are you sure about this?''

''Why wouldn't we be?'' 

''Then I better get to work.'' Magnus winked at Katherine and she gave him a smile. Alec looked at her as he suddenly remembered something ''Kate, you took away pain from Izzy, didn't you?''

Katherine nodded her head and then shrugged in confusion ''Yeah, and it was a huge amount of it....Alec, something's wrong with Iz.'' she looked at him in worry and Alec caressed her cheek before before kissing her forehead.

''We'll find out about it don't worry.''

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

''At the residence of Magnus Bane?'' Maryse looked up from the invitation to her son, who was keeping his face void of emotions ''It's very kind of your friend to offer but the Rune Ceremony is a solemn rite of passage for shadowhunters. Not some downworlder rave.''

''Where does it say anything about a rave?'' Alec leaned in and pretended to read the invitation ''And why is it only for shadowhunters?'' ''It's tradition.'' Maryse placed the invitation back on the table.

He mentally snorted as he thought what would Katherine have said if she had been there with him, it would probably be along the lines Well then, I am not a very big fan of our traditions

''Traditions change, especially those based on ignorance.'' Maryse chuckled as Alec continued ''Anyone who cares about Max should be there and that includes me and Kate together as  well as Magnus.''

''If dad were here, he'll understand-'' '' Well he's not.'' Alec frowned, taken back at the sudden coldness of his mother's voice. ''Alec.....I don't want to fight with you.'' she got up from her chair ''This dinner, it should be about family.Our family.''

''What family? You wanted Jace dead, and tell me the truth, were you really glad to see Kate alive?'' anger burned in his throat ''I was following orders and  Alec, I am not a monster, so don't think that I wasn't glad when I saw that Kate was fine.'' Alec kept his gaze on her ''You keep saying that, after a while it loses its meaning.''

''You are right.Of course we'll be there. Thank you for going to all this trouble for us.'' she sat back on her chair and Alec leaned on the table .

''Thank Magnus.''

~*~*~*~*~*~

''Did I tell you that you look beautiful?'' Ales stared at Katherine lovingly , his arm around her waist and   she  chuckled as the two stood near the door as a mass of shadowhunters swarmed in Magnus loft ''You did. And I said that you don't look too bad yourself.'' she smoothed down his coat.

Someone cleared their throat and the two looked to see Magnus standing with an smile on his face ''I look great too, I know.'' Katherine chuckled at that while Alec rolled his eyes playfully at the warlock who handed the two their drinks as a waiter walked past them.

''I am worried the empanadillas are soggy, I gave the chef specific directions, too....'' ''Magnus.'' Alec looked at him ''Everything's perfect.'' ''Yeah.'' Katherine gave her father figure a smile ''You worry to much.'' he gave them both a smile as the doors opened.

Max came in followed by Maryse who was  from what Katherine could tell carrying a bottle of wine in her hands.

''Max.'' Alec smiled down at him, his arm only tightened around her as Maryse came towards them ''Mother.'' She gave Magnus a smile which he returned back and that made Katherine a bit comfortable around the woman. ''I heard you like to drink.'' she offered him the wine bottle she was carrying.

''Welcome, Maryse...Max, this is your night.''

Katherine saw Maryse looking around at the spanish themed party before she looked back at Magnus with a smile that she thought was too good to be real ''You do have exotic taste, don't you?''

''Oh, the Spanish theme is in honor of you and your husband.''

''Really? How so?'' her voice held something that made Katherine narrow her eyes. ''Alec told me that Robert proposed to you in Barcelona, I wanted to celebrate a joyous memory.Especially since he couldn't be here.'' Katherine took a sip of her drink, already knowing what was about to come.

''How sweet that Alec feels comfortable sharing our personal family stories with you.Especially considering your...disparate backgrounds.'' Alec shared a look with Katherine at those words but Magnus didn't seem to mind them ''How about a drink? Sangria for the lady, a Roy Rogers for the guest of honor.'' he brushed past Katherine and gave her a wide eyed look  and she gave him a tight lipped smile.

Alec looked at her and saw the look on her face and gently rubbed his thumb cross her fingers, Katherine looked at him and smiled before her eyes went  over his shoulder to where Magnus and Clary were talking with each other ''I'll be right back.''

He kissed her forehead and Katherine squeezed his hand before walking towards where her sister and Magnus were.

''That doesn't sound like Simon.'' 

Magnus said as she stood besides him ''Are you sure you haven't had too much sangria? It's strong.'' Katherine nodded her head ''Like, very strong. He made sure of it.'' the warlock gave her a satisfied smile.

Clary shook her head  ''Please, I just need to leave.'' she turned around but Katherine gently caught her arm ''Don't Clare.'' ''We'll figure out what's going with Simon.But tonight's about Max, and Alec and Izzy. You'll never forgive yourself if you're not there for your friends.'' Magnus spoke to her in a gentle voice.

Katherine with gentle hands wiped away the tears that had fallen down Clary's cheek who gave her a soft smile before she walked past the two. ''Where's Izzy?'' Magnus gave her a worried look ''About her.'' he pulled Katherine gently to a corner ''She was looking for yin fen.''

The Herondale's eyes widened in shook ''She what?'' her father figure nodded his head ''I saw her talking to a notorious downworlder about it and after I approached her, she told me that Aldertree had given her a mission.''

Katherine scoffed in worry as she remembered the pain she had taken away from Izzy ''That explains the pain I took away from Izzy.'' Magnus sighed and took a sip of his drink ''We'll have to keep an eye on her.''

~*~*~*~*~*

Katherine stood by Alec's side    his hand in her's and Maryse stood on his other as they all stood in Magnus balcony, while the warlock was kneeling in front of Max, holding his hands out to the youngest Lightwood who frowned in confusion ''I don't see anything.''

''That's because you are not looking hard enough.'' Magnus snapped his fingers and a gift appeared in his hands ''Congratulations young shadowhunter.'' Katherine smiled softly as Alec placed his free hand on Max's back ''What do you say Max?''

''Thank you.'' his voice was dull and Magnus got back up on his feet ''Where's your warlock mark?'' her eyes widened at the bluntness in his voice.

''Max...'' Alec scolded him ''You were just as curious at his age.'' Maryse reminded him softly and Katherine pulled her lips in a tight smile ''It's okay...I only share with my closest friends.'' Magnus winked at Katherine before he showed his cat eyes to Max who gasped and took a step back as Jace arrived from behind Magnus.

''How much of you is a demon?'' Katherine's eyes widened and narrowed in anger and shock ''Max, enough.'' ''That's not how we treat our friends. Apologize to Magnus'' Jace added sternly.

''You two can't tell me what to do.'' she took a step back in shock and hurt and Alec tightened his hand around her's as the same expression covered Jace's face ''Hey, just because you are getting your first rune doesn't mean you can talk to your brother and  Kate like that.'' he scolded Max.

''Jace isn't my brother.'' Katherine saw the broken look on Jace's face and glared at Maryse, knowing that she was the one behind this.

''Max!''

''Mum says you're not even part of our family and neither is Kate.'' Katherine swallowed back the tears and  Alec's heart broke when he saw her blinking to keep her tears at bay. ''Jace...I'' Maryse tried but Jace followed after Magnus who had left after he saw the awkwardness of the Lightwoods.

Katherine pulled her hand out of Alec's grip who wanted to but  didn't stop her, knowing that she wanted to be alone. ''You got what you wanted, Maryse.'' she hissed at the woman, whose heart filled with immense guilt when she saw the girl's pained filled look as she walked past the mother-son duo.

''This is your fault.'' Alec kept his eyes on Katherine until she disappeared in the mass of body before glaring at his mother.

''I have tried to keep Max out of this.''

''The hell you have.He learned this behavior from you...if you ever want to make things right with me...you better make them right with Kate and Jace.''

Katherine was lost in her own thoughts when she heard her name being called and looked up to see   Clary  moving towards her with a worried expression on her face ''What happened?''  ''It's Alec, we have to find him, come on.'' Clary grabbed her hand and dragged her along.

Katherine's eyes looked around for Alec and she gasped in panic when she saw him standing on the ledge of Magus's rooftop. ''Alec?'' Clary took a step forward as Katherine shook her head and moved a step towards him.

''Alec, what are you doing? You are scaring us.''

''Alec, Alec, listen to me...get down from there.'' Katherine's voice was shaky with fear and panic as Alec looked between her and Clary ''I know, I know you wish I was dead instead of Jocelyn.''

She blinked and shared a look with Clary ''I don't wish you were dead.'' shock and confusion laced her voice. ''Alec, just please come down.'' tears had started to cloud Katherine's vision . 

''Don't worry, take my hand.'' Clary tired again with a soft and gentle voice. Alec looked at Katherine, his eyes stayed on her and her eyes widened as she saw the decision across his face ''NO!'' the fear ripped at her chest and she ran forward ''Alec!''

Katherine caught his hand as he froze in air, his eyes closed as a puff of magic slowly pulled him back  before gently and safely placing him down against the edge.She gasped and buried her head in his shoulder, the tears of fear and relief fell down her cheeks.

''What happened?'' she turned her head to see Izzy and Jace coming towards them. ''All of a sudden he started talking about how I hated him for killing my mom.''

Katherine felt a hand on her shoulder and she turned to look  at Jace who had a soft look in his eyes ''He's gonna be fine, Kate.'' she wiped the tears away ''I know.'' her hand lay on Alec's cheek. ''Alec?'' Maryse knelt next to Jace ''It's okay, I sedated him when I pulled him from the ledge.'' Magnus assured her.

''You know what, you stay away from him.You can't be trusted.'' Jace snapped at Maryse ''I can't be trusted?'' she had a furious expression on her face as she looked at Izzy who was kneeling next to Katherine ''Now you see why I was wary of having a party at a warlock's house.'' Katherine again buried her head in Alec's neck as chaos erupted all around her.

''Wow.What's going on here?'' Simon entered the rooftop. ''What do you care? Maia's at the bar.'' Clary's  voice lacked it's usual kindness ''Yes...and Alec's on the ground, is he gonna be okay?''

''You are all gonna be okay.'' Magnus got up from the ground and looked at all of them ''Everyone just stay here.I'll be right back.'' Katherine heard his footsteps fade, telling her that he had gone to do something.

''What did you say to my son?'' Maryse got up from the ground and turned to Clary ''You don't think that Alec feels guilty enough.....'' 

''You talked to Clary that's why she's acting all weird.'' Simon blamed Jace for something Katherine knew nothing about and she shared a look with Izzy who had stood up as the rest started arguing ''Well...'' a smile made it's way to her face ''At least we aren't arguing.''

Izzy chuckled ''Unlike the rest of them.'' 

The two saw Magnus reciting a spell and he waved his hand around before closing it in a fist and all the shouting and arguing fell silent at once. Katherine sighed as she felt Alec move.

''Mom?'' Jace looked at Maryse who was looking back at him with a look that Katherine hadn't seen for a long time in the woman's eyes ''Jace?''

''Um...what's going on?''

''You okay?''

''Simon.....'' ''I 'm fine '' ''-I am  so sorry , I know you didn't kiss Maia.'' 

Maryse, Izzy and Jace knelt back around Alec as Simon asked Magnus ''What happened here?'' ''It seems a warlock has been having a little fun at our expense.'' he explained. 

The Lightwood mother saw the love for her son in Katherine's eyes and her own softened ''Is he okay?''

''What happened?''

''Alec....''

Katherine saw Alec open his eyes and looked at her in his daze, a goofy smile on his face as he pulled her hand in his own ''Why do you always look so beautiful?'' her eyes widened as her cheeks reddened.

Jace snorted ''Well that answers your question.'' he looked at Maryse who had an amused smile on her face. Katherine gave the younger boy an eye roll before looking back at Alec whose eyes among all the chaos and confusion were fixed on her's. 

It's not fair, he thought for someone to be so pure and so beautiful.

''Someone's taken my spell book.'' Magnus's voice broke the two's intense eye contact and they all watched as he pulled up his wards with sudden speed and power ''You're pulling your wards up?'' Katherine snorted ''That's exactly what he's doing, Clare.''

''Nobody leaves until I get back.''

Alec pulled himself up and gently ran his thumb  on Katherine's cheek ''What's going on?'' she simply leaned into him and he wrapped his arms around her waist.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

''Clary Fairchild...you made a blood oath.Find Mandzie.'' Iris said before Magnus pushed her through a portal ''She's the Clave's problem now.''

Katherine blinked her eyes, in confusion and tiredness as Alec spoke what they all were thinking from besides her ''Okay what is Valentine up to anyway?.'' Katherine's eyes locked with Jace who's eyes widened as her thoughts entered his mind.

''I don't know.'' Clary too looked at her and then Jace who shook his head at the two ''Jace, come on, they have to know.'' ''No, Kate.It's too dangerous.'' ''Kate's right Jace, they are our family they need to know.''

Izzy looked between the three ''Know what?''

''Angel Ithuriel...Valentine was going to use him to activate the Soul Sword.He needs someone with pure angel blood to activate it.'' Clary explained to the rest ''Well that doesn't sound good.'' Katherine spared a look at Simon ''That's because it's not.'' her eyes looked at Alec before looking at Jace ''With the Soul Sword activated Valentine could  decimate the entire downworld.''

Katherine looked at Magnus who was looking between the three with a confused look ''The Angel showed us a vision of a demon who could destroy the Sword and if we find that demon, we stop Valentine.'' she looked around the room.

''How did you three save the angel?'' Magnus questioned. Katherine and Clary's eyes again went to Jace who was again shaking his head at the two, Alec narrowed his eyes at the interaction but didn't say anything else ''With runes the angel gave me and power to Kate.''

Alec raised his eyebrows at Katherine in shock ''He gave you what?''

''New runes Magnus, no one's ever seen them before. And Kate's eyes....they glowed, like a bright gold before she broke the chains with her bare hands.'' Katherine looked at Alec, Izzy and Magnus ''You knew the glowing part.''

''Yeah...but why did he chose the two of you?'' Izzy looked at them in confusion and Katherine looked at Clary in confusion who answered for both of them ''We have no idea.''

''I might.'' Magnus's eyes stayed longer on Katherine as he finally realized something he hadn't years ago ''Years ago, a Silent Brother told me about a special connection the original Shadowhunter had with the Angel Raziel...that they could communicate from afar through visions because they were created from his blood.''

Katherine gasped and shared a look with Alec, the realization on both of their faces '' Are you saying....''

''Clary may have a blood connection to the angel and that must mean she has pure angel blood.'' ''Okay...'' Katherine nodded her head and smacked her lips ''Okay, but I am not her blood, why did I...?'' she looked at Magnus.

''Why did you get the sudden jolt of power through you or why do you have so many more abilities than normal shadowhunters?'' the warlock looked at everyone before looking at her ''Basically yeah.''

''There's something I didn't tell you.Because I didn't understand it back then.''

Katherine simply leaned back in Alec who caught her by the waist '''What?''

''The angelic blood that Valentine gave you was pure angelic blood...that's why you have so many more abilities.'' a shocked silence filled the room and Alec tighened his arm around Katherine's waist fearing that she would fall to the ground in shock.

''I have pure angelic blood?'' she looked at Alec, who was looking at her in concern  then Clary, Simon, Izzy, Jace and finally Magnus who nodded his head in conformation ''This is just great.'' Jace looked between her and Clary ''That's why Valentine  wants Kate and Clary unharmed.....they can activate the soul sword.''

''By the angels.'' Katherine gasped as the realization came crushing down on her.

~*~*~*~*~*~

''To the angel I intrust my life...and vow to uphold the laws of heaven.'' 

Max walked towards the center where a silent brother was waiting for him and Alec after kissing Katherine's temple walked behind his little brother who looked between her and Jace, she gave him an encouraging smile as Jace winked at him and Max smiled and nodded at the two.

''I take this mark to honor Him...To bring His light into me and vow to uphold the laws of heaven.So I may join the ranks of the shadowhunters.'' Max stopped in front of the Silent brother and looked at the people around him ''The guardians of peace.'' Katherine smiled as he rolled his sleeve up and extended it to the Silent brother who drew the angelic rune on him.

Katherine joined Alec and Izzy as they approached Max. Alec's arm went around her waist, pulling her closer to him, she looked up at him and chuckled before her hand ruffled Max's hair who gave her a playfully roll of his eyes causing Alec, Izzy and Katherinee to laugh while Maryse smiled at them all.

Clary was lost in her own thoughts as Jace approached her ''Hey...you should know....'' ''Valentine's coming for me....'' her eyes went to Katherine who had thrown her head back and was laughing at something Izzy had said, her eyes softened as she saw the look of love on Alec's face. ''-he's coming for both of us, isn't he?''

Jace followed her gaze and a smile made it's way to his face when he saw Katherine smiling and laughing along with Alec and both of them looked at each other with love and adoration ''Which means I'm never letting you or Kate out of my sight.''

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
''I have pure angelic blood.'' Katherine looked at Alec as the two of them stood together ''You are still the same and I won't let Valentine ever get anywhere near you.'' he kissed her and she wrapped her arms around Alec's neck pulling him closer and both melted in the love.

Someone cleared their throat loudly enough for the whole Institute to hear it.

Katherine pulled away and looked at Jace who gave her a smirk and a wink as Clary stood next to him, a smile of her own on her face.

''The Ceremony was beautiful.'' ''Yeah Max did great, huh?'' the younger boy looked between the two. ''Didn't even flinch.'' Alec's voice was filled with proudness and Katherine nodded her head as Jace's eyes went behind her ''Give me a minute.'' he walked past them to Maryse who was from the looks of it waiting for him.

Katherine's eyes stayed on the woman turning back to the front, Alec knew she wanted to talk to his mother, it was clear in her eyes and he knew she would when she wanted to.

''Alec, whatever you heard me say when you were under the spell...You have to know.I don't blame you for our mom.'' she smiled at Katherine who returned it before she looked back at Alec who look unconvinced ''I don't.'' she repeated.

Alec smiled softly at her and gently grabbed  her arm, Clary repeated the action and gave Katherine a hug before walking off. 

Katherine saw the smile slip from his face and knew that even if the Fairchild didn't blame, he did blame himself ''Alec.'' he looked at her and pecked her lips ''Go talk to mom, you'll be surprised by her.''

Katherine walked towards where Jace and Maryse were, the woman saw her coming towards them and smiled softly at her ''Oh, Kate.'' she wrapped her arms around the younger girl who wrapped her's tightly around Maryse, taking comfort in the familiar feeling.

''Oh, I am so sorry. Like I told Jace, I don't regret taking in either of you. You are a part of my family and when I heard about the demon accident, something inside of me broke when I heard you had been injured fatally.'' Katherine smiled at her '' Although, I do have to say, you look so much like your mother.'' Maryse tucked a strand of blonde hair behind her ear as Alec made his way to them and stood besides Katherine.

''Max says that you and dad have been fighting, about me and Kate.''

''Max doesn't have any idea about what's going on between  your father and me.'' her voice was filled with defeat ''Then what is it?'' Maryse looked between the three with a vulnerable expression ''I didn't want to burden you all....'' Katherine frowned in concern as the woman blinked repeatedly to stop her tears.

Alec looked at his mother as he realized the truth ''Is dad cheating on you?'' Maryse's mask broke and the tears fell down her cheek. Katherine gasped in shock and then felt anger at Robert.

''Bastard.'' Jace spoke in anger.

''You can't tell Isabelle.'' Maryse wiped her tears ''She worships Robert, I can bear it but it will destroy her.'' Alec looked at Katherine and Jace before he engulfed his mother in a much indeed hug and Maryse sobbed in her son's arms. Katherine laced her arm through Jace' and placed her head on his shoulder as she looked at the mother-son duo.

''Come stay with us.You and Max...you don't have to go back to Idris or dad.'' he told her ''Oh...I wish I could stay. More than anything, but I have to get back to the Clave.'' Alec moved back towards the two and Katherine lifted her head from Jace's shoulder ''Why? Let Robert take care of that.''

''Everything's different now.'' Maryse eyes landed on Katherine and she wondered how someone so young could be so strong ''Because of you, Clary and the sword. I can't let my problems interfere with my duty.Not now.''

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

''So what else can your pure angelic blood do?'' Alec asked as both of them sat on her bed in Magnus's loft as she wanted to take a break from the Institute.

Katherine narrowed her eyes at him playfully ''Are you implying something?'' he inhaled his breath in when she leaned in closer to his ear, close enough for him to feel her breath on his neck ''Maybe, are you?'' Alec looked at her lips before looking at Katherine who bit her lip , not really knowing the kind of effect it had on him.

He released a low sound from his throat and pulled her closer, pressing his lips to her's.

Katherine gasped at the sudden movement but kissed Alec back, pulling him closer to her.Alec's hands  went under her shirt, lighting her skin on fire with his touch and as things started to get heated, Katherine ducked from underneath Alec and pulled the sheets over her.

Leaving Alec all hot and bothered for the second time.

His mouth opened and closed in shock ''I hate you, Kate.''

Her response was a snort from under the sheets ''Nah, you love me.''  Alec smiled before laying down on the bed and wrapping his arms around Katherine ''I love you.''

''As I love you.''

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 809 21
[COMPLETED BUT SERIES DISCONTINUED] [BASED OFF THE BOOK SERIES. NOT THE TV SHOW] Clarissa Fairchild and Jace Herondale, the happy perfect couple of t...
84.1K 1.8K 45
Will Herondale has been Tessa Gray's enemy, for years. He's rude, arrogant, and over-confident. All traits that Tessa cannot stand. She hates the wa...
303K 8.1K 28
completed | edited adelaide storm wasn't one to let feelings get in the way of her job. most people thought she was too cold, too cut off from the wo...
158K 4.5K 28
"She put a binding rune on the door. I can't get it open." "I'd say she doesn't want to see you." #1 in "magnus" Andina Wayland has grown up with...