You're Not My Boss // Jaehyun...

By PeopleBePoison

She was tough, but he was a completely different story... More

Character Guide
➸ CHP 1
➸ CHP 3
➸CHP 4
➸ CHP 5
➸ CHP 6
➸ CHP 7
➸ CHP 8
➸ CHP 9
➸ CHP 10
➸ CHP 11
➸ CHP 12
➸ CHP 13
➸ CHP 14
➸ CHP 15
➸ CHP 16
➸ CHP 17
➸ CHP 18
➸ CHP 19
➸ CHP 20
➸ CHP 21
➸ CHP 22
➸ CHP 23
➸ CHP 24
➸ CHP 25
➸ CHP 26
➸ CHP 27
➸ CHP 28
➸ CHP 29
➸ CHP 30
➸ CHP 31
➸ CHP 32
➸ CHP 33
➸ CHP 34
➸ CHP 35
➸ CHP 36
➸ CHP 37
➸CHP 38
➸ CHP 39
➸ CHP 40

➸ CHP 2

7.7K 160 97
By PeopleBePoison

Ayyy! So I noticed that the chp 1 - chp 4 are lowkey kinda long, so sry about that :)

     "Girls, this is Yoonoh.", my dad introduced us to some guy signing papers at the dinner table, "He'll be at the house to keep an eye on you while I'm at work"

     "We could've done that ourselves-", I spoke through my teeth.

     My dad ignored me, "I'll be able to go to work now instead of staying at home"

     "But what if we like you being at home?", Miyoung glared.

     "I have work that's not at home", my dad said, "And I don't trust you two here on your own with all the mafias..."

     I rolled my eyes again and gave the new guy multiple death glares. He only rolled his eyes back.

     "And speaking of work", my dad said, "I have a business party tonight...you all are going to that"

     "I'm sick of the parties...", I crossed my arms, "There's no reason for me to go. Its all for you adults"

     "There's one reason you're going", my dad's face grew serious, "Because I said so"

     I scoffed at him, "Whatever."

     "You'll have Miyoung and Yoonoh with you"

     "I don't give a crap about Yoonoh", I said. I knew Yoonoh was right there but I didn't care.

     My dad wasn't the kind of person to care about my opinion in those situations, so I stopped trying.

     "I'm gonna head to work", dad picked up his briefcase and rested his hand on the front door's knob, "Be ready for the party"

     I just nodded and grabbed the back of a chair, squeezing it as hard as I could.

     As soon as I heard the door shut behind my dad, I walked over to Yoonoh and grabbed his collar.

     "Hurry up with your fucken job, ok? Don't talk to me or Miyoung unless my dad tells you to"

     Yoonoh grabbed my wrist and shoved me backwards. I almost fell over.

     "Oh, shut up.", he said, "I'm doing what your dad told me to do and I'm leaving"

     I marched out of the room and into the kitchen. I made sure to crash around as much as I could so that he knew I didn't appreciate him being there. I grabbed a strawberry milk out of this fridge and slammed the door behind me.

     "Miyoung!", I yelled, "I'm gonna shoot at some targets, alright?"

     I didn't wait for a reply. I slid the back door open and walked over to our miniature shooting range with my gun in my hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     The afternoon went by pretty fast, and before we knew it, we were already on the way to my dad's party venue with Yoonoh.

     When we arrived, Miyoung and I just looked around the venue and got some appetizers on our plates. Yoonoh stayed behind us.

     As I put some grapes and crackers on my plate, I saw Yoonoh's expression change to one I hadn't seen before. He looked shocked.

     "What wrong with you?", Miyoung asked him as she tried to see what he was looking at.

     "N-nothing", he replied.

     I put my plate down for a second. "Yoonoh, if there's something wrong, you better tell me"

     "Stop telling me what to do. Its nothing."

     Ever since Yoonoh came to our house, he and I were always arguing. Typically when I snapped at people the way I did, they'd shut up. But Yoonoh never let me take advantage of him like that. He always snapped back.

     As the party started, people just talked to each other with their plates in their hands. They all pretended to know one another and they all pretended like they cared when people on the stage talked about their businesses and "plans for the future". It was all fake. Miyoung and I knew that we were actually in a room full a drug dealers and killers.

     When my dad got to the stage to talk about his company, there was a sound that threw everyone off.

     A gun shot.

     "Dammit, I knew it!", Yoonoh said with his teeth clenched. He grabbed Miyoung and I, and shoved us behind some display case. Yoonoh pulled his gun out from his side and started aiming for where the gun shots were coming from.

     I slowly grabbed my hand gun from under my dress, and Miyoung pulled hers out from her purse.

     "I need you two to try and make it outside to the car", he said to us.

     "Its dark out. How do we know that people aren't hiding out there, too?", Miyoung asked.

     I got on my knees and began to slowly stand up. "Its worth a shot. We're armed anyway"

     I scanned the room. My dad was no where in sight, and there were still random business people running all over the place.

     The gunshots got louder.

     "Wait a second...", Yoonoh gestured me to get back down.

     "What now?", I scoffed.

     "Its like they're aiming for us"

     "That's weird...", I said, "Hold on"

      I stood up. "What the hell are you doing?", Yoonoh asked.

     "I want to test something", I said quietly

     I started to slowly make my way for the door. Whoever was in charge of this ambush tonight didn't know what they were doing; the shooters sucked at their job.

     Yoonoh was right. Partially. We weren't being shot at; I was.

     I made my way back to the display case which was now covered in bullet holes.

     "We need to get the hell out of here", Miyoung said.

     "I know", I looked at Yoonoh, "How do you feel about risks, Yoonoh?"

     He stared at me, "What do you have in mind?"

     "Peoples' lives are being put to risk right now. We need to get to the car like you said, but we'll have to sprint and cover each other from every direction"

     He and Miyoung nodded. We all stood up with out backs to each other and made our way to the door.

     It was dark outside and the gun shots sounded muffled for now.

     "We're not taking the car", Yoonoh looked at Miyoung and I sternly, "They can easily shoot the wheels and even track us down"

      "Ok...", Miyoung said, "Our house is three miles from here though"

     "Just sprint for a while and when we think we've lost them, we can take it slower. But we'll have to take back ways"

     "What about dad?", I said.

     "He has his own bodyguards. Besides, it was pretty clear that you were the target, Hyuna"

     His words made my heart sink and my stomach turn.

     Another gun shot.

     "See? C'mon, we can't just stand here talking" 

     We all started running for nowhere. Yoonoh lead us through allies and dark streets. I hadn't had this much fun in a while.

     After a while, we all started to slow down.

     "I think we're good for now", Yoonoh said.

     We started walking. It took me forever to catch my breath.

     "Yoonoh", Miyoung panted, "You seem like you know who's at the bottom of all this"

     "You're right", he said, "I think I do. But we'll save that for when we get home"

     I didn't really talk at all. I was trying to figure out why I would be the "target".

     "Yoonoh", I said.

     "Yeah"

     "Why would they want to kill me?"

     "They weren't"

    "What?"

    "If you're so 'smart' you would've noticed that they weren't aiming for your head or your heart. They were aiming for your ankle or your arm so they could get you out of the building alive."

     I was quiet again.

     "When we get home", I looked at Miyoung's sweaty face and distorted hair, "There's something I need to look for and you're gonna help me"

     "Yes ma'am", she said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "W-What are you doing?", Miyoung asked as I pulled her through the house.

     "We're going to dad's office", I whispered.

     "Why?"

     "For files."

     "What kind of files"

     "I don't know. All I know is I want answers and they're in here.", we stopped in front of the office.

     I perched over the railing which looked down on the main area. "Yah! Yoonoh!", I shouted.

     "What?", he replied from the kitchen.

     "Is dad here?"

     "Nope."

     Miyoung and I looked at each other and the office door handle.

     "Well!", I blurted out, "We only live once". I opened the door.

     It was completely dark inside, so Miyoung left to get us some flashlights. If dad was to pull up to the house seeing his office lights on, he would have lost it.

     I walked around the room, running my hands over old file cabinets and my father's desk top. I never thought I'd find the guts to wander in his office like that, but like I told Miyoung, I needed answers.

     "Ok, here", Miyoung came back into the room, shining a flashlight at my face.

     "Cut it out, Miyoung!", I squinted, "This isn't the time to mess around"

     "Sorry", she giggled.

     "Alright, I'm gonna start on this side, and you can go through the file cabinet over there"

      She and I immediately started on looking for something, anything, that might have what we were looking for.

     After a while Miyoung stood up and looked at me, "There's nothing here, Hyuna. Its all boring business papers"

     "There's gotta be something".

     I crawled under my dad's desk and saw a metal box bolted to the bottom of it.

     "Hold up...", I said. I took a clip from my hair and tried picking the lock on it.

     "What is it?", Miyoung asked.

      "Girls!", Yoonoh called. I heard him coming up from the stairs.

     My heart started racing. Yoonoh would probably tell my dad. 

     "M-Miyoung", I said as I looked through the files as fast as I could, "Go distract him"

      "What? Why?"

     "Just do it! I think I found what we were looking for"

      I heard her walk out the door and randomly start talking to Yoonoh.

     The metal box opened and I grabbed the files inside. 

     When I laid them out on the floor, I opened the one on top.

     I honestly couldn't believe what I saw.

     "Hyuna! What are you fucken doing in here?", I looked up and saw Yoonoh standing in the doorway.

     "The real question is, what are you doing here, Jung Jaehyun?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 106K 37
- She never knew giving a boy a band aid would lead to this - Gang! Au #1 in Mark #2 in kpop Thank you guys!!
3.5K 124 29
chenle just wanted to be in a cheesy relationship for once, but he chose jisung. [UNDER EDITING+UNFINISHED] (tw! sensitive topics)
79.9K 2.3K 51
secrets spread around like wild fire. who's the liar? na jaemin fanfiction mafia/gang au
733K 21.2K 64
♧ʜᴇ's ᴄᴏʟᴅ . . . . ♧ʙᴜᴛ sᴛɪʟʟ sᴏᴍᴇ ʜᴏᴡ ᴡᴀʀᴍ. •ᴍᴀғɪᴀ ᴀᴜ