The Warrior(Alec Lightwood)

By sheen303

Shadowhunters -season 1-season2-season3 Katherine Fairchild had run away from her home when she was eleven an... More

cast
Past
Someone Old
Little Sister
The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy
The Plan
The Truth
Dead's Man's Party
Simon's saved
Magnus Bane
The Herondale
Moo Shu to Go
Simon's kidnapped part 2
Wolves
Of Men and Angels
Mortal Cup
Bad Blood
Forsaken
Rescuing Meliorn
Blood calls to Blood
Kalec
The Betrayal
The End or a Beginning?
The New Head
Hunted
Found
Day of Wrath
Back
Love
Storm
Party Crasher
Blood Oath
Destruction
The Greater Demon
Someone New
Brother Dearest
The Fair Folk
Lost prisoner
Lie
Ancestor
Injured
Hail and Farewell
Sweet
On Infernal Ground
Haywire
Dinner
Thy Soul Instructed
Family time
Time for Truth
Inside a Mind
Plan of Attack
Fallen Solider
Back from the Dead
Digging up a Grave
Near Death
A deal
Separate
Twin Talk
In Ruins
Hell
End of the Journey
Epilogue

Alternate Reality

8.2K 184 22
By sheen303

Katherine stood to one side as Jace and Clary came out of Hotel DuMort's back door. ''Oh, thank god.'' she turned her back towards Izzy and Meliorn ,not wanting to see them kiss. 

Jace and Clary weren't so lucky as they saw the two kiss and looked away ''I know.'' Jace smile at her and  cleared his throat and ''I hate to break this reunion, Izzy.But we have to go.'' Izzy pulled away from the seelie ''You are in good hands.'' she looked at the three ''I need to get back to the Institute see what the hell has broken lose.'' her eyes looked at  Katherine with concern '' Try and talk some sense into Alec.''

She stiffened at his name and looked away, Katherine had said her goodbyes to Alec in her own way, but didn't knew till how long she could really avoid him. Jace and Clary, along with Izzy  looked with concern at her and even the seelie's eyes were filled with pity. Isabelle looked at Meliorn before looking back at them ''Take care of him.''

''We will.'' Clary assured and Izzy grabbed Katherine by the arm after giving Meliorn a parting kiss ''Mind if I borrow her for a moment?'' Jace shook his head and looked at the older girl ''We'll be waiting.'' Katherine nodded her head and walked  a bit further away with Izzy ''What do you want to talk about?''.

''You love my brother.'' the younger Lightwood said and she looked away in defeat ''I do. And does it matter? Alec has made his call.'' Izzy sighed ''Kate, I-'' ''Don't Izzy.'' Katherine looked back at her .

 ''No, listen to me,Kate.'' Izzy took her hands in her own '' Don't give up on him.'' Katherine looked at the ground before looking back at Izzy, her eyes shining '' I won't ruin his marriage to Lydia, Iz. I won't....I owe that much to Robert and Maryse and Alec and to you.'' 

''Owe?'' Izzy blinked at her in confusion ''Kate, you are family, and family doesn't owe each other.''

 Katherine looked at where Jace and Clary were talking with Meliorn. She sighed at what she was about to say '' If I am your family, Izzy. Then you won't ask me to stop your brother's marriage, I love Alec yes and I love him enough to not destroy his family's image.'' Katherine gave the younger girl a smile as her eyes wandered over to where the rest three were waiting for her.

''You should head back....and don't-if you ever saw me as your family-bother Alec about me.''

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Alec was talking to another shadowhunter when he saw Izzy entering the Institute ''Where the hell have you been?'' he approached her.

''Where I needed to be.'' Izzy looked at her brother in annoyance, Katherine's word still lingering in her head ''Away from you and your fiancee.'' ''Jace and Clary and Kate.'' Alec looked away as the last name brought back painful yet memories  filled with love ''Those three are on the run.'' Izzy saw that and looked away from her brother.

''I can't protect you if you don't tell me the truth.'' 

''I don't need protecting.'' the younger sibling glared at the older one ''Meliorn's alive.That's all that matters.'' ''Just-hey....'' Alec caught Izzy's arm as she tried to walk away from him ''Just tell me  this...'' he looked at Lydia who was talking to Raj before looking back at Izzy ''Is there any way that Raj could have seen anything incriminating?.'' 

Both the siblings looked at him before Izzy looked back at Alec ''Can I ask you something?''

''Yeah?''

Katherine's words came back to her and she groaned ''Damn Kate and her way with words.'' Alec stiffened and looked at her ''What?''

Izzy saw the way Alec suddenly looked alert and at the same time uncomfortable ''Nothing.'' she smirked and walked away, leaving Alec confused and flustered. 

Izzy smiled to herself, she might not be able to talk to Alec about Katherine but she knew  that he loved Katherine, just as much as she loved him.

~*~*~*~*~*

''I owe you a life debt.....and I don't like being indebted to anyone.'' Meliorn told Clary as they all had walked over to the outskirts of seelie land. Katherine walking besides Jace as Clary and the seelie walked in front of them.

Meliorn had told them that he could open a portal to an alternate dimension , sparking curiosity in Katherine . ''What would happen if-'' ''If the Seelie queen finds out that I shared this with you?'' Meliorn looked at them '' I could be executed.''

Jace looked at him in amusement ''Well, we will be extra careful then.'' Katherine  nodded her head along ''Very careful.'' ''There is no we in this scenario.'' Meliorn looked amused and Katherine glared at him, causing him to smirk at her ''Only Clary goes in to find the Portal.My debt is to her.''

''Yeah? And then what? You somehow find a way to torture her?'' Katherine scoffed at him.Jace gave a nod in her direction ''Basically, what she's trying to say is that you give us no reason to trust you, Seelie.'' Meliorn tilted his head a bit and gave them both a look. ''He brought us here.'' Clary pointed out. Katherine gave her an annoyed look ''Are you on his side now? Jace, your effect on her's wavering.''

Clary laughed at that while Jace blinked rapidly at the older girl who on purpose didn't look at him and instead looked at the seelie who started making the portal. ''What's it like?'' curiosity again filled Katherine  ''The other dimension? Is it like this one?''.

''It is...but it isn't '' she rolled her eyes at his answer as Jace clearly stated his annoyance with the seelie's answer ''Could you be more vague?'' Katherine smacked her lips together ''Nah, I don't think he can....I mean that's got to be the height of vagueness.'' Jace snickered as Meliorn continued to make it ''It's an alternate timeline, in a sense. There Shadowhunters and demons no longer exist.''

Katherine raised her eyebrows in confusion and looked at Clary and Jace to see the same look on their faces ''What?''

''And the downworlders have conformed to the mundane way of life to avoid detection.'' ''What happened to the Shadowhunters?'' Clary asked him as Katherine gasped at his magic. ''There services no longer required because they won the war against the demons centuries ago. Once they sealed the rifts between the worlds...their culture faded away.'' he explained and Katherine absentmindedly played with her charm .

''Once you arrive in the alternate dimension you will assume the body of the Clary in that world.'' the Herondale looked at Clary ''But she'll think and feel like herself?'' Meliorn nodded his head.

''But I'll still know I am me right? I'll know I have to find the portal?'' Katherine shook her head and narrowed her eyes at the Seelie ''It's not that simple, that's not how the seelies work.'' Jace nodded his head ''There's a catch. Kate's right...with seelies there's always a catch.''

''Your alternate self could consume you if you let it.''

''Is there a way to not let it?''

Meliorn nodded his head ''Focus on the differences between that world and ours.Find something or someone to keep you grounded to this one.''

Katherine gave Clary a smirk and patted Jace on the arm ''Well he's your ground, Clare. Focus on him.''

~*~*~*~*~*~

The night had fallen as Meliorn continued on making the portal and Katherine stood facing him, not really wanting to see or heat whatever the romantic duo were doing. ''You are an interesting one, Katherine Herondale.'' She looked at the seelie with raised eyebrows ''You do know who I am.''

Meliorn chuckled and finished making the portal before looking at her ''I do. And like I said, you are an interesting one.'' she crossed her arms across her chest ''What makes you say that?'' his eyes traveled to Jace and Clary before coming back on Katherine ''Other shadowhunters think emotions are a weakness, even he does or well did.'' he nodded his head in Jace's direction.

''But I look at you and I see a young woman who has been through hell and back , and yet you don't think emotions are a weakness. You surprise me, Katherine.''  she blinked her eyes at the depth in Meliorn's words as he turned to look at Jace and Clary ''It's time.''

Clary walked towards Meliorn while Jace walked to stand  by Katherine's side ''Meliorn I appreciate the risk you're taking but a life debt requires you ensure my safety.'' the seelie raised an eyebrow and looked at rest of the two before giving Clary a smile ''I'll agree to go alone.....but if I find this alternate portal I won't be able to face Valentine on my own.'' Katherine looked at her and nodded her head.

''She'll need backup.'' Jace added and Meliorn sighed ''If you find the Portal, you may come back for both of them. Shadowhunters need seelie permission to go through. Only demons can pass through unaided.'' he explained and the three looked at each other before Katherine narrowed her eyes ''Of course they can.Demons seem to have many advantages....it's unfair really.''

Jace nodded his head ''I agree with you,Kate.'' they both snorted as Clary gave them a weird look.

Meliorn started speaking in seelie language and the doors of the portal opened, he turned to look at Clary and gave her nod, telling her to go ahead. Katherine gave her a worried look ''Be safe, Clare.''

The younger girl smiled at her before passing through the portal.

~*~*~*~*~*

''Where is my mother?'' Clary picked up a butter knife and pointed it at her father.....Valentine

He chuckled and raised his hands in mock surrender ''Whoa, is this one of your cosplay skits?Kate did tell me about them.'' Clary frowned in confusion as he turned around  ''Uh, honey? Kate? Come in here , you two gotta see this.''  He looked back at her ''No seriously, you have to let me come with you.Just once, okay? I want to see what you do at these things alright?'' 

Valentine moved towards the breakfast table.

''Val, you're not allowed to do cosplay.You'll stick out like a sore thumb.'' Clary's eyes went wide as she ran to hug her mother, not noticing at first the young woman standing besides her. Katherine raised her eyebrows at Clary ''Well, okay then. No hug for the adopted sister.'' she joked.

Clary pulled away from her mother and her eyes widened as she realized why she hadn't noticed Katherine before. That was because she had bright blue eyes and pale blonde hair, and as Clary's eyes landed on her right hand, her eyes widened even more ''You're engaged?''

Katherine looked at Jocelyn ''See mom? She doesn't even remember my engagement.'' Valentine chuckled while Jocelyn gave Clary an amused look. ''Sweety, that isn't funny.You know how your sister gets when you pretend around.'' 

Katherine sat on the chair next to Jocelyn and the way the two interacted made Clary wish that it would happen in her world as well.

''Clary....'' she looked up  to see Katherine picking up a waffle and when she tried to pick up two more, Valentine playfully slapped her hand away and Jocelyn rolled her eyes at the two with a smile on her face before raising her cup as a toast ''In honor of your father's Mad Hatter party tonight.'' Valentine chuckled.

''Your mom made waffles for you.....'' Clary approached the table ''-that will be finished by Katherine if you don't hurry.'' Katherine ate a bite of her waffle and smiled up at Clary while the parents simply chuckled ''Come on, kiddo.You gotta eat somethin' right?'' Valentine sat down in the chair and the adopted daughter sipped on her coffee as Clary sat down on her opposite side.

''So, Clarissa....'' he folded his arms across his chest ''-when do I get to meet the new man in your life, hmm?''

Katherine groaned and looked at Jocelyn ''Val....'' ''What? I have to...'' he shrugged his shoulder ''-give my stamp of approval, right?'' Katherine gave him a sarcastic chuckle ''You terrified Alec the first time he saw you....are you going to do the same to Jace?'' Jocelyn looked between the two and gave Clary a smile ''Can you believe these two?'' the younger girl smiled at the alternate version of her mother.

''Well, I did gave permission for   your engagement to him, young lady.'' Valentine leaned back in his chair and she nodded along ''Yeah, right after you threatened him by indirectly telling him that you know how to throw a punch.''

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alec was looking at a monitor with his arms folded across his chest when Lydia walked up to him ''I'm sorry.'' he turned to look at her in confusion and saw Raj walk past them both ''For what?''

Lydia walked past him and towards Izzy as Raj stood behind her. ''Isabelle Lightwood-'' Alec walked towards where she was talking to his sister  ''-by order of the Clave, you are under arrest for high treason.'' 

''What?'' he looked at his fiancee ''On what grounds?''

''Only a handful of people knew about the Meliorn op.''

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

''Simon get out of the sun.'' Clary pushed the boy instinctively . ''Hey, what the hell?''  Simon frowned at her and the realization that he wasn't a vampire in this dimension sunk  in on her.

''I know that look. Caffeine deprivation.'' he nodded at her ''Come on, tweek.'' he grabbed her hand and pulled her along with him towards a table as Clary's eyes went to a van that said Java Jace '' Simon I do not have time for coffee today.''

''No, no, no.I know that look in your eyes.And when you get that look , I either have to caffeinate you immediately-'' he pushed his glass up his nose ''-or accept full responsibility for you killing someone...and you know how I am with blood.'' he grimaced before moving towards the van.

''So.'' Clary looked at Alec who was besides her while Izzy  wearing a star wars shirt,  had glasses and her hair in a plait was sitting on the other side of the table ''Where's you sister and my fiancee?'' he looked down at his phone ''She said she would be here.'' 

''Hmm.....'' she frowned in confusion ''I don't know?'' Alec nodded at her, still looking down at his phone  ''Yeah, she just texted saying that she's with your father.''

''Is that new?'' Clary looked down at her necklace ''Yes. I got it a couple days ago.'' she lied ''Oh, it goes with your dress?'' Izzy frowned at her ''Because you are getting ready at  my place tonight right?'' she smiled at Clary ''Ready for what?'' she looked at Alec in confusion before looking back at Izzy.

''That is not even a little bit funny.'' Alec looked at her ''Kate and I have poured our hearts and souls into planning this anniversary party for the Institute...and the theme is amazing.'' he straightened his back and looked at Izzy ''But seriously, what is with this guy and the Mad Hatter?'' 

''Visionaries are quirky crazy.'' Izzy was quick to reply back  ''You don't get 4D Internet tech thinking inside the box.'' she looked at Clary as Katherine walked over to them ''Hey there.'' Alec pulled her in for a kiss and she hummed against his mouth as Clary's eyes widened in shock. 

They pulled away but Alec's arm was around her waist as they looked at each other the same way Clary's world ones did. With love.

''I am beginning to wonder if you don't have a thing for your boss.'' Alec smirked at Izzy and Katherine lightly slapped his head ''That would be weird.'' she grimaced at Clary who raised her eyebrows as Izzy chuckled '' Like, as if their father would ever go for me.'' a dreamy look came on her face ''Wait...my dad?'' Clary looked at Katherine and then at Izzy in shock.

''Uh...No I am totally kidding....I mean I am not crushing on your dad, right?'' Alec shook his head at Clary as Katherine buried her head in his shoulder ''We don't know, you tell us.''

~*~*~*~*~*

''If Clary doesn't make it out of there soon, you are gonna be meditating six feet under.'' Jace threatened Meliorn as he sat on the ground doing yoga and Katherine kept giving worried glances towards the portal.

''Shadowhunter, have you ever seen a Seelie knight fight?'' from his place on the ground, Meliorn turned his head towards Jace '' I wouldn't be so cocky about your prowess if I were you.'' Katherine snorted and looked at Jace before turning her heads towards the seelie ''He can't help it, it's an old habit of his.''

Meliorn nodded his head as Jace gave her a offended look ''Who's side are you on?'' she blinked up innocently at him ''Yours,Jace.''

He nodded his head sarcastically as Katherine saw Meliorn gasp and touch the ground. Jace followed her gaze and frowned at the seelie ''What's going on?''

Katherine moved towards Meliorn with Jace behind her as he got up from the ground ''Opening the doorway to this dimension may not have been a good idea.'' she looked around, scanning the area for signs of danger as Jace looked at him ''On a scale from one to namaste, how screwed are we?''.

''Demons are attracted to this dimension, it's defenseless and peaceful.'' Meliorn explained and Katherine's eyes widened as she understood what he was saying ''They like chaos and havoc.'' she shared a look with Jace.

 ''All right, pointy ears, looks like yoga time might be over.'' he pulled out his seraph blade and Katherine pulled her's out and both of them took a step forward just as the seelie stepped towards the portal.

~*~*~*~*~*

Raj opened the door to the room where they had placed Izzy in, ''Keep it short.'' he told Alec and closed the door behind him.

Izzy turned to look at Alec, his face held anger ''Jace stole the cup.'' she looked away at that and Alec tiled his head as realization sunk in him ''Izzy, did you know about this?....My god did you help him?'' he took a step towards her as another face popped up in his mind ''Was....was Kate in this too?'' his anger level increased as Izzy looked back at him, her eyes held guilt.

And that fueled his anger, at her, at Jace and at Kate ' 'The Cup is the only thing that can get you out of this.'' 

''Kate and Jace are doing what they think is right.'' she defended them both and turned away from him, Alec mentally scoffed ''What's right?'' he walked in front of Izzy ''He put the whole shadow world in danger....he put you in danger. And Kate...she just helped him through all of this?'' she could see the anger and the hurt Alec had in his eyes.

He fell betrayed and by Katherine the most. His mind went back to when she had came in his office and helped him treat his wound and now that Alec thought about it, he knew she had been the distraction.

And it pained Alec in ways Jace's betrayal didn't.

''We have to get them both back here.....With the Cup.It's the only thing that can help you.'' ''They have taken Meliorn back to the Seelie realm.You can't track either of them there.'' Izzy explained.

Alec nodded his head ''Not by any normal ways.'' he walked towards the door, determined to save his sister. ''No, absolutely not.'' he turned back to face her ''You cannot track Jace through your parabatai bond. It will weaken both of you....or break the bond.'' Izzy's voice became softer.

''Jace already weakened it.'' he took a step forward in anger ''How does he think that I can trust him.....or Kate.'' his heart broke with pain ''-after what they did?''

Izzy's eyes softened '' Don't say that, please Alec. I know you hurt the most by what Kate did...but this will effect her too because of their bond.'' .Alec hadn't thought about that, that Kate would feel it too.

Izzy saw his pain and her heart broke for both of them, for Alec and for Katherine.''Think about what you are doing.''

He looked away in thought, Alec had already made his mind up.He had to save his sister and he wouldn't stop doing what he was about to.....not even for Kate.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

''Did you hear that?'' Jace asked and Katherine heard the growling of the demon getting near, she raised her blade higher up as the demon lunged at Jace but he fought it off, making it fall o the ground as Meliorn pulled out his sword....out of the ground.

Katherine shoved the demon off her and gasped at the seelie in shock ''Where the hell did you get those?'' Jace looked at him ''The earth provides, shadowhunters. Don't just stand there.'' he striked at the demon.Katherine attacked the demon from behind and Jace attacked along with Merliorn attacked from the front and  she pushed the demon to the ground as Jace raised his blade to kill him.

A hot burning pain started in her abdomen and Katherine gasped in pain before looking at Jace who fell to the ground ''Alec's doing something.'' she stood over him and threw the demon away but because of the bond she and Jace shared and because they shared the pain, Katherine didn't see when the  demon stabbed her in the thigh.

She screamed in pain and collapsed next to Jace who was dealing with his own pain.The last thing she saw was Alec in her mind and the last thing she heard was Jace shouting his name before she gave in to the pain and the darkness.

~*~*~*~*~*

''Kate, Kate, hey.Open your eyes.'' something wrapped around her thigh and she gasped in pain, her eyes shot open to see Meliorn and Jace looking at down  her with concern. ''What-?'' Katherine tried to stand up and her left thigh screamed in protest ''Easy.'' Jace caught her in his arms ''The demon slashed up your thigh pretty bad .''

As if on cue, she felt the pain flare up from her thigh and withered in his grip. Meliorn gently pressed down on the wound Katherine gasped ''The bleeding's not stopping.'' he looked at Jace ''I wrapped my jacket around it but we have to get you to Magnus's.''

She shook her head through the pain and looked at Jace ''The demon, we-we have to go after it.'' he shook his head ''I am going through the portal,Kate.You are going to Magnus's....your wound's not healing even by your irtaze.'' he gently passed her to Meliorn ''Open up a portal to Magnus Bane's loft and take her there.''

The seelie nodded his head and Katherine screamed in pain, her eyes started to drop ''Hey.'' The blonde shadowhunter patted her cheek lightly ''No.No.No. Kate, keep your eyes open, we are going to get you help.'' Jace shot an urgent glance at Meliorn ''Do it.Now!'' Meliorn  nodded before Jace went through the portal to the alternate reality.

Meliorn closed that portal's gated behind him as she winced in pain before opening up a new portal.

He with Katherine in his arms walked  through the portal that took the two to Magnus Bane's loft.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 2.6K 29
"Nephilims" That's what they're called, beings that protect the mundane world from demons, beings that are half-angel and half-human. They only have...
129K 2.8K 43
Olivia Wayland is Jace Wayland's younger sister. She grew up alongside Jace and the Lightwood siblings. She is in a complicated relationship with her...
938K 22.1K 50
Camille Fray has a normal life. A young mother, a young sister and a father who died when she was child. Graduated from high school and 2 years into...
55K 1K 79
[Alec Lightwood x OC] Aria Herondale, Jace's older sister he didn't remember he had. Separated from her brother at at a young age. Raised in secret...