The Warrior(Alec Lightwood)

By sheen303

Shadowhunters -season 1-season2-season3 Katherine Fairchild had run away from her home when she was eleven an... More

cast
Past
Someone Old
Little Sister
The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy
The Plan
The Truth
Dead's Man's Party
Simon's saved
Magnus Bane
Moo Shu to Go
Simon's kidnapped part 2
Wolves
Of Men and Angels
Mortal Cup
Bad Blood
Forsaken
Rescuing Meliorn
Alternate Reality
Blood calls to Blood
Kalec
The Betrayal
The End or a Beginning?
The New Head
Hunted
Found
Day of Wrath
Back
Love
Storm
Party Crasher
Blood Oath
Destruction
The Greater Demon
Someone New
Brother Dearest
The Fair Folk
Lost prisoner
Lie
Ancestor
Injured
Hail and Farewell
Sweet
On Infernal Ground
Haywire
Dinner
Thy Soul Instructed
Family time
Time for Truth
Inside a Mind
Plan of Attack
Fallen Solider
Back from the Dead
Digging up a Grave
Near Death
A deal
Separate
Twin Talk
In Ruins
Hell
End of the Journey
Epilogue

The Herondale

10.8K 253 78
By sheen303

Candice King as Celine Herondale

''Blend in, keep your weapons ready.'' Jace looked at the three before he walked away with Clary towards an asian man whom Katherine recognized as Magnus Bane and again felt as if she knew him from somewhere but couldn't t remember.

Izzy grabbed her hand, ''Come dance with me.'' Katherine chuckled at her ,''Nope, not gonna happen, you know I don't like dancing.'' Izzy looked like she was going to argue but her eyes went to Alec and back to her before she smiled, ''Fine, enjoy then.'' she winked and danced her way into the crowd. Katherine frowned and looked at Alec, ''What's up with her?'' he shrugged his shoulders ''Who knows.'' he then gave her a smile that made Katherine weak in the knees, ''What I do wanna know is why aren't you dancing?'' ''I don't like it.''

Katherine smirked up at Alec, ''And if I went dancing , who would you talk to? Mr-I-am-too-grumpy?'' he raised his eyebrows at her ''I am not grumpy.'' and Katherine snorted ''Uh-uh.'' but before Alec could reply back , she saw out of the corner of her eye, a man approach Magnus from behind and as quick as lighting, Katherine took the dagger out of the scabbard and threw it towards the man, landing in the center of his chest, Alec's arrow hit the man in the chest too, just seconds after her  dagger did.

 ''Mine was first.''

They both made their way to where Magnus, Clary and Jace where and Alec went to check the man's pulse while Katherine looked between Clary and Jace, ''You two okay?'' they nodded their heads. 

''Who are you?'' Magnus was looking at Alec with some kind of hunger in his eyes and for reasons not known to Katherine, a sudden burning desire to snap the warlock's neck  filled her and she scoffed, turning Magnus's attention to her, his eyes widened ''Katerina Dale'' and weirdly enough, Katherine knew he was referring to her, ''I am not going to ask have we met, because you obviously know me.'' Magnus chuckled at her ''Glad to see the sarcasm still runs in the blood.'' he looked at Clary ''I warned your mother this might happen.''

And before Katherine could say anything else or the rest of her friends could pull her back, Magnus grabbed her hand and pulled her through the portal he had made. 

''Kate!''

Alec tried to ran after her but the portal closed, ''Damn it.'' he growled in frustration. As soon as the warlock had taken Katherine, Alec felt as if Magnus  took his heart along with him, he was worried for her, more worried than the rest. His eyes locked with Jace's ''We'll find her Alec, we aren't letting her go.''

~*~*~*~*~

''Why in the name of the angels did you pull me through the portal?'' Katherine glared at Magnus  , she had been glaring at him the moment they landed in his lair. Magnus chuckled and looked at her with fondness in his eyes as other warlocks went about their own day , ''You haven't changer much, have you Katherine? Well the hair and the eye color has, curtesy of mine. But if someone looks close enough....not even then, I think will they be able to see the real you.''

Katherine frowned at him and lowered her seraph blade, ''The real me?'' Magnus sighed sadly, ''You aren't Jocelyn Fairchild's daughter.'' Katherine rolled her eyes, it was as if every time someone mentioned Jocelyn's name, that was her instinct reaction, ''I know that.'' the warlock seemed surprised, ''Well what you don't know is that your hair and the color of your eyes isn't the real one.'' If Katherine was being honest, then she wasn't really surprised at the information but curious.

''What do you me-'' she was interrupted  as the building shook and objects fell to the ground.Katherine looked at Magnus, ''What is happening?''  his eyes were widened and he looked at her before looking at other warlocks, ''He found us.Valentine found us.''

All the warlocks moved in a rush as the first men of Valentine stepped inside with a seraph blade glowing in his hand. Katherine pulled her own seraph blade back up but before she could attack the circle member, Magnus pushed her back with his magic and she slammed against the wall in a gentle way and then he threw down a bookcase with his magic. The young circle member didn't look that impressed ''Your magic's strong warlock.Much stronger than that horned weakling I killed this morning.'' Magnus circled around the circle member and frowned, ''Elias?''and threw a powerful blast at the rogue shadowhunter who easily ducked. Katherine felt bad from him, he looked like he knew who Elias was.

''That was his name.Well, lucky for us, he sold you out before I took his warlock mark.'' Magnus agains threw his magic as the shadowhunter raised his blade ''Cat eyes, be a nice addition to my collection.'' those words somehow angered Katherine and she pulled out another dagger before throwing it at the man and it landed in his stomach just as an arrow embedded itself in his leg. She turned around to see Alec holding his bow and sighed in relief.

As soon as his eyes had landed on her, Alec took two steps forward and wrapped his arms securely around Katherine who at first was surprised but then wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling Alec into her and breathe in his scent, her eyes closed of their own. Alec buried his face in her shoulder, his eyes were closed as he allowed her intoxicating scent to fill his whole body , ''You're okay.You're safe.'' he tightened his arms around her waist ''Of course I am.It isn't that easy to get rid of me.''

Magnus looked at the young shadowhunters , the way both of them were holding each other made him smile, it wasn't the way friends or even best friends held each other, he would know, after all Magnus Bane had lived long enough to know the difference.

He just hoped Alexander Gideon Lightwood was worthy of Katherine.

~*~*~*~*~*~

As soon as Katherine had stepped in the room where the rest were, Izzy and Jace had hugged her and ruffled her hair(Jace) and she has slapped away his hand.

''Magnus.'' Clary entered the room with a young warlock girl who hugged Magnus while Clary's eyes fell on Katherine, ''Kate.'' she hugged the older girl, ''Missed me too much?'' Katherine chuckled while Clary gave her a smile. '' Go join the others my dear.This is no place for a little girl.Go.'' Magnus told the girl and she walked away. Katherine gave Clary's hand a squeeze before she walked over to where Jace was sitting, ''Hey there Wayland.'' he stopped what he was doing and looked at Katherine before giving her a soft smile, ''I didn't say it then nor when you first entered this room, but when Magnus took you through the portal....for a second I thought I lost my best friend.''

Katherine placed her head on his shoulder, ''You can't, even if you want to. I'll never leave any of you alone.'' he chuckled ''What would I do without you,Kate?'' she narrowed her eyes and pretended to think ''Well I think the others will survive but you,Wayland, you'll probably be bored without my sarcasm to keep you company.'' Jace placed his head over her's ''Yeah, yeah I probably will.''

''Hold tight everyone, we're about to move.''

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

''Ah much better.'' Magnus sighed and turned around as Katherine stood next to Jace, ''Ugh it's inevitable.After each move I get the itch to redecorate.Normally, I love a dirty lair but this 's one is just sloppy.'' the warlock placed his foot on a round table and winked at Katherine as Alec came over to stand besides her and Jace.

''I believe in payment for services rendered.'' the necklace hung from between Magnus's fingers, ''Thank you for defending the warlocks.'' he looked at Izzy who looked shocked, ''I couldn't-'' ''Oh but you could and you should.'' Magnus moved and placed the necklace around the younger Lightwood's neck ''The Lightwoods have been wearing this for years.Besides this would look silly on your brother.'' Izzy chuckled and Katherine smiled at her, she was glad that Magnus gave her the necklace, she deserved it.

Magnus looked between Alec and Katherine before whispering in Izzy's ear, ''They sure look good together, don't they?'' Izzy chuckled  and nodded her head at that.

''Okay so how do we summon the memory demon?'' Clary got up from where she was sitting and looked at the rest of them ''Are you certain? Summoning such a powerful demon could be lethal.

''I'll do anything to save my mother.Where is the demon?'' Katherine raised an eyebrow at Clary, ''Wherever it is, it's surely not here,Clare.'' Magnus gave her an amused look, not being used to her sarcasm as much as the others, ''Okay, sunlight.Get your team ready.'' Jace looked both at Katherine and Alec, ''You know what to do.'' he moved forward but Magnus stopped him with his arm and an annoyed look ''I am not talking to you.'' he pushed Jace back '' I am talking to .....you.'' he pointed at Katherine who was shocked and amused at the same time.

Magnus again winked at her, ''Come with me.'' he told Clary and took her to a side.

Jace looked at Katherine with a shocked and somewhat offended expression and she bit her lip from laughing at him. She patted his cheek and heard Alec chuckle from behind her, ''You are in my way.....sunlight.'' Jace rolled his eyes, ''Amusing.Kate, highly amusing.''

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They all walked in a room where Clary had drawn a pentagon with the chalks Magnus had given her.

''Jocelyn was right, your artistry is beyond compare.'' Magnus looked at the pentagon and Katherine nodded her head in agreement feeling that for once the Fairchild mother was right. Clary got up, ''I don't know about that.'' ''Oh the only other person I've known who could draw as well was Michelangelo who was excellent in bed. I might add.'' Magnus winked at Katherine who along with other, excluding Izzy frowned in confusion as to what the warlock was trying to say.

Magnus walked until he was at one of the five ends of the pentagon , ''Okay, we're ready. Now since this only had five sides, one of you has to sit this one out.'' Katherine was about to volunteer when Alec moved away from the pentagon to one side of the room ''Everyone take your rightful place on the pentagram.'' Katherine moved to one side of the pentagram and saw Jace helping Clary and smiled.

Magnus was at the center of the bond, then Izzy, Clary, Katherine and Jace.

''We must initiate a bond. Once this bond is sealed it cannot be broken until the demon retreats, no matter what happens, we must not let go of each other's hands.'' Magnus looked at each one of them sternly and held out his hand to Jace who grabbed his hand and held out his hand to Katherine, she grabbed his hand and a jolt went through her, confirming the bond and she heard hazy voices whispering before she held her hand out to Clary with a soft smile who took her hand and gasped as a jolt went through her.

Izzy looked at all of them, ''You people are pathetic.'' and grabbed Clary's hand before holding Magnus's hand and the bond connected all of them.

'' I will lead the ceremony and you all must do exactly as I say.The demon's name is Valak and at some point he will ask for payment in exchange for Clary's memories. ''What kind of payment?'' Katherine tightened her grip on both Jace and Clary's hands ''We'll see.Let us begin.'' Magnus started chanting in some language that Katherine didn't understand and as soon as he stopped, Izzy's necklace started glowing a bright red, ''The necklace, it's pulsing.''

The wind suddenly became hot and all of their faces shot upwards as the demon appeared in the center of the pentagram.

''Valak is among us.Do not break the bond.'' Magnus shouted over the demon, Katherine felt Clary's grip loosening , ''Clare, hold on!.'' ''I am trying.'' she shouted back and tightened her grip on Katherine's hand ''It is time, the demon demands payment.'' Magnus explained and Katherine tightened her hands around both  Clary's and Jace's ''Well, what does it want?''

''We must each relinquish a beloved memory of the one we love the most.''

The demon took an image from Izzy first and Alec's face appeared in the black shadow, then it took from Clary and Jocelyn's  face appeared before vanishing. The demon then pulled an image from Katherine, it was a image of a women.

A women who looked in her twenties and had blonde hair and her eyes were closed and she looked as if she was laying on ground, dead. But somehow Katherine knew her eyes were blue and something about this women started a terrible ache in her heart, as if Katherine knew the dead women. ''No, no not that.'' her grip on Jace and Clary's hands loosened. Jace tried to grab her hand, ''Kate, don't.''  he shouted.

Magnus looked at her ''Do not break the bond.'' but she already had, for reasons Katherine couldn't understand, she let go of Jace's and Clary's hands, she somehow didn't want to lose that memory.

'' Kate!''

''NO!''

The demon pushed all of them towards the walls and Katherine saw Magnus try to control the demon, ''I cannot contain the demon much longer.'' she looked around, horrified at what she had done, ''Oh my god, what did I do?'' Jace hadn't been thrown as far as the others had and the demon lunged for him ''Not him.'' Katherine, as if on instinct pushed Jace away and the demon snatched her into the air. Katherine screamed in pain as the demon burned her skin.

Alec ran towards her and grabbed her hand, ''It's okay, I got you.'' Jace grabbed her other hand while Izzy pulled at her arm. Katherine blinked in and out of consciousness as the demon continued to burn her. 

''The demon is getting stronger.'' Magnus shouted and Katherine coughed at the lack of oxygen, Alec tightened his grip on her hand, ''She's slipping. Kate, hey, stay with us.....stay with me.'' those words helped her open her eyes and Jace sighed, ''That's it, that's it.'' Izzy looked at Clary who was standing there with her eyes widened, ''Clary help us.'' she shouted at the Fairchild.

''Clary, if you kill the demon, your memories will be lost forever!'' Magnus warned her and Clary looked at her seraph blade before looking at Katherine who through the pain smiled at her, ''It's okay.'' the Fairchild's eyes lit with determination and she moved towards them before stabbing the demon.

Katherine fell to the ground, but Alec caught her and pulled her in his arms just as her eyes closed. Jace came on her other side, concern clear in his eyes for the older girl while Izzy and Clary went on Alec and Jace's sides.

Alec pulled Katherine's hair away from her face, ''Kate, hey.Open your eyes.'' he patted her cheek and his heart thumped painfully when she didn't. ''Is she going to be okay?'' Clary asked Magnus  and before the warlock could answer, Katherine gasped and her eyes opened.

She looked around at the faces that held concern and then saw that she was in Alec's arms and sat up straight on the floor with his and Jace's support and  looked at Magnus, ''Who was that women?'' 

Magnus's eyes softened for the older girl, who had been through so much since the very moment she had arrived in this world, and yet, he couldn't have been more proud of her. 

''The woman was Celine Herondale, your mother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 3.4K 34
Clary Fairchild was to be protected by Mayla Stonehart. Years of hiding her true identity made Mayla live in fear every day and look over her shoulde...
160K 4.6K 28
"She put a binding rune on the door. I can't get it open." "I'd say she doesn't want to see you." #1 in "magnus" Andina Wayland has grown up with...
141K 4.4K 72
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
283K 5.8K 30
Yvanna Abigail Wayland is the younger twin sister of the notorious Jace Wayland. She is more of a rule follower than her rule breaker brother. When s...