The Naive Rebel | ✓

By _meethi_

♛ featured in wattpad india's #celebratingwomen reading list. ♛ ❛ she walks on the path, that the letters had... More

(Important) Please Read Before You Start the Book
♛| prologue |
♛| fire & ice |
♛| cast bullet |
♛| aesthetics + playlist |
|♛|
♛| i : over a cup of coffee |
♛| ii : let's dodge the bullets |
♛| iii : a whirlwind of deaths |
♛| iv : slippery introductions |
♛| v : say hi to my love |
♛| vii : let me dream |
♛| viii : help me pronounce them |
♛| ix : a game of chess |
♛| x : say, i do |
♛| xi : what a boring mate |
♛| xii : the devil is my friend |
♛| xiii : a hidden kung fu panda |
♛| xiv: the meanings are doubled |
♛| xv : the students are ruined |
♛| xvi : a past so horrible |
♛| xvii : theft is an offensive crime |
♛| xviii : revenge is best served spicy |
♛| xix : drunk darts hit hard |
♛| xx : in or i |
|♛|
♛| xxi : the fiery event |
♛| xxii : let me pop your bubble |
♛| xxiii : the six to the nine |
♛| xxiv-a : don't make me punch your fûcking face |
♛| xxiv-b : there's a tiny-little-small problem|
♛| xxv : he is just shy |
♛| i : bonus- checkmate |
♛| xxvi : i cannot dance |
♛| xxvii : vulnerability is a key to connection|
♛| xxviii : guilt issues |
♛| xxix : jinxing my life |
♛| xxx : raging grief |
♛| xxxi : past, present & future |
♛| xxxii : insecurity is a witch |
♛| xxxiii : as you like it |
♛| xxxiv : talk it out |
♛| xxxv : it's your fault |
♛| xxxvi-a : is it even legal? |
♛| xxxvi-b : i am a goner |
♛| xxxvii : all's well that ends well |
♛| xxxviii : f the stereotypes |
♛| xxxix : she's missing |
♛| xl : where's inaayat? |
♛| xli : the thorn laden path |
♛| xlii : why me? |
♛| xliii : i can't see her in pain |
♛| xliv : be confident |
♛| xlv : he is a sadist |
♛| xlvi : call the ambulance |
♛| xlvii : every weakness is a strength |
< Read >
where's my coffee at?
where's my tea at?
*sips tea*
*curtains fall*
Happy New Year!!

♛| vi : some roasted marshmallows, please |

3K 406 159
By _meethi_

|the naive rebel|
━━━━ ♛ ━━━━

vi| some roasted marshmallows
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

word count- 2036

okay. so WE JUST HIT 1k VIEWS!!!!! THANK YOU SOO SOO MUCH FOR THE LOVE!!

━━━━ ♛ ━━━━
INAAYAT
━━━━ ━━━━

I had successfully made a joke out of myself in the library by stalking that person.

Escaping the beautiful structure of the library, I dashed my hostel wing. While coming back I notice the garden area's new set up. Fairy lights are hanging from one tree's branch to the other.

The plastic chairs are arranged systematically and a make-shift stage is made. Ignoring the new event I continue my way towards my room.

Thankfully the corridors are comparatively empty now and I reach my floor easily. The eeriness of the silent corridor does manage to scare me a bit and I hope for Mishti to open the door quickly.

Certainly, I wasn't thinking straight, because Mishti opens the door all decked up in a completely black outfit. Her hair tied back nicely and the old loose tank top and sweatshirt she was wearing some time back is now replaced by a casual yet graceful outfit.

"Thank God, you are on time. Get ready! We are going down." She commands and pulls me inside. Guiding me towards my closet she informs me about the sudden fresher's party that will be conducted in half an hour.

The garden-ground area is located on the backside of the campus therefore hiding the event from the hostel and college staff.

I choose a casual outfit and head towards the washroom to change.

Maybe the party would help me gel better in the crowd?

Once I am ready and our room's locked, Mishti and I make our way towards the event. Only this time the ground is packed with students. The rows of chairs are now occupied and I struggle finding empty ones for us.

Mishti points at someone in the first row and I am being directed right to the front. She greets some people who had saved us space right in the front row. A new student and this is too much of attention.

Once we are seated I turn to Mishti and ask her, "Who arranged this party?"

"Sameer. He is a good friend of mine." She informs and I nod understanding.

"He seems like a pro in hosting events," I comment pointedly. Even though the event wasn't pre-planned, the decorations and the quick arrangements made in a short notice seems a little unrealistic.

"Oh, he is. He is a member of the event committee of our college. Keeps arranging events like these, almost every Saturday we have cool fun sessions planned here." She informs me eagerly waiting for the programme to start.

"Good evening my co-tortured souls!" A roaring sound makes me turn my face towards the red makeshift stage where a tall boy is now standing. Dressed in an olive green t-shirt and blue wash denim jeans, he is smiling brightly at all the guests.

Responses from the audience pour back as he signals the disc jockey to stop playing the light music tune in the background. Once everyone is quiet and he has everybody's undisputed attention, he starts the programme with an announcement.

"I know how excited you all are to leave your chairs aside and join the dancing area and dive into the food but before we continue with those fun events. We are starting with a very friendly session, just to create a light and happening atmosphere." The student informs.

I would rather read a book and sleep than break my neck dancing amongst a humongous crowd of wild geese.

Mishti rubs her palm excitedly for the event and I have no heart to inform her about my choice. Sulking back in the plastic chair I try enjoying the event.

He calls a random student from the crowd and asks her to enact a popular Bollywood scene. She looks terrified and still performs hastily. I can easily see the fear in her eyes and I understand that she is a first-year student. Two more boys are called up there and asked to dance on a romantic track. The dance becomes a comic act more, though.

Once the students are let loose and are in the party environment, Sameer comes and breaks my bubble of peace.

"Now that we have started the round of introductions, I see a new face sitting next to my friend. Would you mind coming up, Angel?" A series of hoots starts resonating around and I look at Mishti terrified.

The sinister smirk Sameer is carrying tells me clearly that he has plans for something more than a mere introduction. Mishti whispers strings of apologies towards me and I dismiss her of any guilt.

It isn't her fault that Sameer plans on embarrassing himself tonight. I mean, what is the 19?

"So, shall we begin?" He asks once I stand up and head towards him.

Oh honey, let the game begin.

"I don't remember seeing you here," he chooses a wrong excuse to start with.

And I play along.

"Yeah. That's because you haven't seen me ever, I am a new student." I reply nonchalantly, flashing him a wide smile.

"I know. That's why I called you here, didn't I?" He is confused and bewildered at my response.

"How would I know that dude. You should know that, shouldn't you?" I am all cool and I make sure not even a crease of frown or fright makes its way on my forehead.

"Ah?"

"Ah?"

The crowd is trying to stifle back their chuckles and laughs but I can mildly hear the faint whispers.

"Ah, I meant that I know. I just wanted to create some dramatic effects," He takes a pause and then continues, "yeah dramatic effects." He says firmly this time.

Not bad.

"What effects?" I act dumb and confused at his words and make him rethink his statement. His eyes try decoding my fake expression but he fails miserably.

"Exaggeration?" He tries offering me a poor excuse.

"Oh. Wait-that is what you call exaggeration?" I fold my arms across my chest easily caging him in the web of my words.

"What do you mean by exaggeration," I question almost instantly.

"It means when you-"

"What I?"

"No, I meant, when we-"

"What we?"

"No no, wait- not that. I meant, that it means-"

"Wait, what means?"

"Exaggeration,"

"Oh, what about it?"

"What?" He has no idea how confused he is sounding at this moment. The audience is going bonkers laughing over our exchange while Sameer curiously glances around trying to figure out the reason behind their laughs.

Once the laughter dies down a little I comment, "You are exceptionally smart."

Sameer's confused look is now replaced by a wide smile as he loudly replies with a thank you, pride showcasing in his word.

"Good. Now that is called exaggeration. I hope now you finally know what exaggeration means, right?"

His jaw drops down to the floor while the others start laughing again, this time even louder. Sameer's face is now a faint shade of red.

He desperately tries to bring back his authority and loudly says, "Let's begin the round of roasting."

"I am ready. Just tell me when to start." I offer.

"What would you start?"

"Roasting you, duh. That's why you especially called me here, no? I thought they all got bored roasting you so with a new student a new session."

The 6'3 feet human in front of me has finally surrendered and has lost all his brain cells. He pulls his hair out in confusion and moves from one corner of the stage to the other.

I kindly shift a little to give him more space for his impromptu workout.

"Who are you, Angel?" He is raking a hand through his hair and holding his waist with the other. He looks tired and worn out. I bite my tongue to not make any more further comments because I realise how this exchange has brought me under a more revealing light in front of the students.

I should quickly head back to my room to avoid any more interactions. I start descending the stairs, stopping at the last one and turn around.

"By the way, Sameer," I say loud and clear.

"Yeah?"

"This is called roasting,"

━━━━ ♛ ━━━━

"I am so sorry," Mishti repeats for the thousandth time. It is half-past one in the morning and we are still wide awake because of the hefty dose of coffee I made her drink with me.

Over the years, I have successfully adapted the habit of drinking coffee in the night and still be able to sleep but my tea preferring room partner doesn't take any caffeine intake during the night time.

So apparently, she isn't able to sleep and to give her a company, I ain't sleeping too.

"Mishti it wasn't your fault. Don't stress over it and anyways he was the one who got roasted tonight."

Today's incident introduced me to the entire crowd as a new student. They all are aware of my presence now so it makes it easier for me to slip in their friend circle and investigate the matter of the suicides.

While I was running back to my hostel wing, through my periphery vision I had noticed both the library stranger and the hostel intruder sitting next to each other and looking at my direction.

The library stranger had a strange poker and disappointed look on his face but the intruder who had seen me in my best form (fallen on the ground) looked amused.

"I know right! You should have seen his face after you left. He looked as red as a tomato."

I simply wink at her, "One of the things I am good at."

Others being writing and clumsiness. That's it.

"Now that we are both far from fetching any sleep, why don't you tell me something about your family?" She suggests. I can simply answer her question without mentioning my true identity.

"There's not a lot to talk, honestly. We are a small family of four-my parents, my elder sister and I." I tell her.

"Hey! You have a sibling! It must be so good to have a sibling right? A great companion to share secrets, to talk your hearts out, to fight and to cry with?" Her eyes look at me dreamily and I can't help but agree with her.

"Inaayat, drop English."

"Ditu, you know I can't. I can not let go of my dreams for theirs to come true. It's me who has to live my life in future, I can't just live it in the guilt of not choosing my dream."

"They are going to be disappointed, Ina." Her face despaired and sporting a deep frown.

"Are you both fighting?" Our dad's voice interrupted our conversation.

"Nothing dad, just normal talks." Ditu covered.

"No, we were talking about how I should drop English, and take up Science. I am not dropping out." I announced loudly, clearing their little hopes.

"Inaayat." Dad's loud voice resonated in the small room.

"Papa, I can not be a second Aditi. Leaving her dream for yours. Neither am I as strong as her nor that stupid to let go of my dream." I had left the house in anger after that exchange.

.

.

.

.

"Ina, please??"

"You are going to land me in trouble!"

"Please?" Making a puppy dog face she convinced me to do this outrageous thing she had planned for us.

"You are not going to leave my hand, promise me first!" I said seeing the rollercoaster in front of us.

"Never," she said taking my hand in hers. Locking it tightly.

.

.

.

"I am. I am lucky to have her," I said reminiscing our old conversations. I remember our silly late-night endeavours. After him, we both had grown closer than ever.

That reminded of the main reason I am here, and I turn towards Mishti with hope in my heart and stress in my head.

"Mishti, do you know about the suicides?"

I hope you liked the chapter,

1K VIEWSSSS!!!! *squealsandsqueals!!!*

do vote and drop a comment!

until next,
keep dodging the bullets,
.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Cursed By Biswajit

Mystery / Thriller

11K 1.2K 24
Three friends visit a village to have a vacation when they stumble upon a horrifying practice that has been prevalent in that village for ages. The v...
13.2K 347 6
Is daur-e-siyaasat ka itna sa fasana hai, basti bhi jalani hai maatam bhi manana hai !!🖤 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬...
55.3K 2.4K 36
#1 in wattpad hits........... Arjun Singh a richest business man whose first priority is his family...... His life always starts only with his brothe...
454K 25K 71
*COVER CREDITS* @blackue02 #1 indian on 15/02/2020 #1 arrangedmarriage on 04/03/2021 #1 hotheaded on 20/07/2019 #1 mumbai on 17/10/2019 #1 court on 0...