The Warrior(Alec Lightwood)

By sheen303

Shadowhunters -season 1-season2-season3 Katherine Fairchild had run away from her home when she was eleven an... More

cast
Past
Someone Old
Little Sister
The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy
The Plan
The Truth
Dead's Man's Party
Simon's saved
The Herondale
Moo Shu to Go
Simon's kidnapped part 2
Wolves
Of Men and Angels
Mortal Cup
Bad Blood
Forsaken
Rescuing Meliorn
Alternate Reality
Blood calls to Blood
Kalec
The Betrayal
The End or a Beginning?
The New Head
Hunted
Found
Day of Wrath
Back
Love
Storm
Party Crasher
Blood Oath
Destruction
The Greater Demon
Someone New
Brother Dearest
The Fair Folk
Lost prisoner
Lie
Ancestor
Injured
Hail and Farewell
Sweet
On Infernal Ground
Haywire
Dinner
Thy Soul Instructed
Family time
Time for Truth
Inside a Mind
Plan of Attack
Fallen Solider
Back from the Dead
Digging up a Grave
Near Death
A deal
Separate
Twin Talk
In Ruins
Hell
End of the Journey
Epilogue

Magnus Bane

11.3K 226 53
By sheen303

Katherine stood in front of her mirror, examining her hair when she suddenly felt a powerful jolt of pain on her left shoulder and she gasped before moving her hair away and saw a little start shaped wound which was red, signaling that it was fresh. But she didn't remember getting any start shaped wound there .

She pressed the area of wound and hissed when a bit of blood came out of it.

It was real.

Katherine picked up her stele from the table and ran it over her collar bone, where her irtaze was and watched the star shaped wound heal itself. To say she was confused would be an   understatement, she was beyond confused.

But she sighed and exited her room and entered the nearest elevator and the first thing Katherine saw when she walked out of the elevator was Simon walking past her with a furious expression on his face and Clary running after him, ''Simon hey.'' Katherine raise her eyebrows before narrowing her eyes, ''What just happened?''

Jace looked at her and smiled, ''The mundane wants to go back home but as you just saw, Clary doesn't want him to. You should have seen the whole scene with Simon acting as some kind of hero who could protect himself and Clary. It was pretty funny really.''

She nodded her head, ''And you what? Just stood there and said nothing?'' he gave her a mock offended look, ''I don't always do something, Kate.'' she narrowed her eyes and smacked her lips together, telling him she didn't believe a word he said. But before Jace could reply back, a searing pain on her left shoulder made her gasp.

Jace caught her as she fell towards him, ''Kate!'' she pulled herself out of his grip, ''This is happening the second time.'' Katherine noticed him frown and moved her hair away from her left shoulder before pulling her shirt a bit so that he could see the  star shaped wound that was again bleeding . ''It opened up today when I was in my room, it literally came out of nowhere and started bleeding just like this.'' .Jace looked at the wound, ''That's a weird shape for a wound.''

''I know right? I mean it could have been a square or even a rectangle, why in all the shapes a star?'' 

Jace pulled out his stele, ''You sure you weren't hurt there?'' Katherine gave him an annoyed look, ''I think I would remember if I had gotten hurt there. I had activated my iratze and it had healed but now it opened up again.'' he ran his stele on her iratze and they both watched the star shaped wound heal. Jace looked at her, ''Let's hope it doesn't open up again.''

~*~*~*~*~*~*

''Magnus Bane.''

They were all around a table with Alec sitting on a chair while Izzy and Clary sat on the table ,Katherine stood behind Alec and Jace stood besides her. In front of them was a monitor with pictures of an Asian man whom somehow Katherine thought she knew though couldn't remember from where.

Hodge had a tablet in his hand and pulled up another picture of Magnus Bane, ''He's over 300 hundred years old.And as you can see, he's not exactly shield away from the pleasures of every century.His tasted are both exquisite....and quite excessive.'' . ''He looks like the Downworld' s David Guetta.'' Clary said and Katherine snorted, ''Guetta's is a downworlder, sis.'' Clary looked at her with shock written all over her face and Katherine laughed.

 Izzy chuckled at her, ''Vampire? Ever seen him in the daylight?'' 

''Can you three focus? This is not a joke.'' Alec looked between the three before his eyes went back at the monitor.Izzy looked at her brother and then at Katherine who had her lip between her teeth to stop herself from laughing and she smirked, ''Someone needs to get slayed.'' . Katherine and Alec both stiffened at that  .

''Alec's right.Now Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known.He has a deep mistrust of Shadowhunters.'' Hodge explained to them, Katherine again felt as if she knew Magnus Bane from somewhere. ''Then why did he help my mom remove my memories? Isn't she a shadowhunter?'' Clary asked and Katherine rolled her eyes at the mention of Jocelyn Fairchild.

Hodge looked at her before looking at Clary, ''Yes, one of the best.'' Katherine scoffed at that but Hodge continued '' But 'help' might not be the  most accurate word. Now did Magnus provide a service for Jocelyn? Perhaps. But more than likely your mother paid Magnus handsomely for his magic.''.   Jace moved from besides Kate and sat in the chair in front of him ''Warlocks usually require payment before they help anyone with anything.'' .

''Word from the Clave is that most of the warlocks have gone into hiding since Valentine began hunting them down.'' Alec said.

Katherine bit her lip, ''Well the Clave is right, for a change but why would Valentine be hunting them down?'' Hodge looked at her , ''He must be searching for the warlock, where did Jocelyn-'' his rune seared and his gripped the chair for support. Katherine felt bad for Hodge every time his circle rune burned him and this time wasn't any different.

''Hodge your rune. You okay?'' Clary asked and Katherine bit her lip from saying something sarcastic back as Hodge nodded his head . Clary sighed, ''So how do we find Magnus?'' the older girl gave her a smirk ''We don't,Clare. Magnus finds us.'' Jace nodded his head and leaned back in his chair, ''We'll set up a meeting somewhere protected.Lure him out of hiding.'' Izzy looked at them, ''And I know exactly where we do it.'' 

Izzy got up from the table before taking the tablet out of Hodge's hands and pulled up a picture of a party poster, Katherine chuckled, ''A downworld rave, epic Iz.'' ''And where'd you get that?'' Alec asked and she looked at him, ''During my surveillance of the Downworlders. From what I hear, Magnus likes to party.'' Katherine gave Izzy an impressed look, but Alec being Alec had to say something negative ''He'll never go for it.Not with Valentine trying to kill him.''

Katherine leaned on the table, looking at Alec, ''Lighten up,Alec.'' he simply rolled his eyes while Jace chuckled at her, ''Of course he will.He'll blend in.Hide in plain sight.'' ''I don't know, it seems-'' Katherine cut Clary off, ''Like a brilliant plan? I know, Izzy came up with it.'' Izzy shot her a smile ''Thanks Kate, and trust me if Magnus is coming out of hiding he going to one of the biggest parties of the year.''

''Never underestimate Magnus' hedonism.'' Hodge looked at Izzy, ''Or his greed, come with me.''

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Hodge drew the opening rune on a black title and moved it to reveal a necklace with a ruby in the center, Katherine gasped at it's beauty but it was Isabelle who swooned all over the necklace , ''Is that real?'' she snorted ''No Izzy, it's just a projection, and if you touch it, it's gonna disappear.'' all of them chuckled at that.

'' A four -karat unheated Burmese ruby.And this necklace has special meaning to Magnus Bane as it was a gift from him to his then lover, Camille Belcourt.'' Hodge said and Katherine raise her eyebrows ''Why am I not surprised by this?'' Alec looked at her, ''I don't know.'' she nodded her head ''Neither do I.''

Clary ignored their side conversation, ''Camille and Magnus were lovers?'' Katherine raised her eyebrows at her ''Warlock gets around.'' Jace joked and she chuckled ''Indeed he does.'' ''Magnus bought it in 1857 for the price of his London townhouse.'' Hodge explained, ''Now the jewel is enchanted by a spell that alerts the wearer to the presence of demons.'' Izzy took the ruby locket in her hand and admired it,'' Its so beautiful.''

Katherine smiled softly at the younger girl, Izzy had always loved jewelry more than she had and Katherine saw the way her face lit up when she looked at the ruby, ''Magnus has longed to reunite with this necklace.Offer it to him, he might just take the bait.''

~*~*~*~*~

''Izzy, do I have to wear a dress?'' Katherine asked as Izzy dragged her by her wrist towards her room. Izzy chuckled at her and opened her door, ''Yes...well  no ,you aren't exactly wearing a dress.'' she showed her a long dark grey jumpsuit with a deep neckline and net sleeves and pockets . Katherine smiled and took the jumpsuit from Izzy, ''You have given me worse.'' Izzy laughed as she went to change behind her screen, ''You know Clary would be coming here soon, so I should probably start finding a dress for her too.''

Katherine came out from behind the screen wearing the jumpsuit  just as Clary entered the room , ''You look amazing,Kate.'' she smiled at Clary who returned it before turning to Izzy, ''Jace said you wanted to see me.'' Katherine wore her grey high heels and snorted , ''Yeah, she wants to put you in a dress.''. Izzy playfully glared at her, ''Don't listen to her and yeah, what are you wearing to the Downworlder party tonight?'' she shuffled through her wardrobe.

Katherine stood in front of the mirror, pulling her light red hair in a messy bun as Clary answered Izzy, ''I don't know, I was just thinking about wearing this.'' the older girl turned towards her and widened her eyes in mock horror, ''Did you hear that,Iz? She's even worse than I am.'' she gasped dramatically before putting a hand to her forehead.

Clary narrowed her eyes at that while Izzy snorted, ''Don't worry about her, your sister has a flair for sarcasm and humor , it's like it runs in her veins.'' Katherine weirdly enough felt appreciated and smiled while Clary just nodded her ''I am starting to notice.'' ''But she's right , no downworlder would be caught dead in that.Plus it's a party , not a poetry slam.'' Izzy picked up a dress in her hand and Katherine pulled up the  part of jumpsuit that was covering her right ankle before attaching a scabbard there, put a dagger in the scabbard and pulled the jumpsuit back down, covering her ankle and the dagger.

Katherine then placed her seraph blade inside the pocket of her jumpsuit and saw Izzy handing Clary a dress that was dark green and  tight ,''Okay that dress is way too tight.'' Clary complained and Katherine chuckled, ''Suck it in, sis.'' Izzy winked at her before looking at the Fairchild, ''It's stretchy. Put it on.'' Clary looked at Katherine but she shook her head, ''Don't look at me, and she's right, Clare.It's not that bad.'' Clary sighed, ''Ugh, fine.'' she took the dress and went behind the screen that Katherine had previously occupied.

Izzy picked up a pair of high heeled fancy black boots, ''Try these.'' she walked over to the screen where Clary was changing and placed them there before coming out. ''I am just seeing what you did to your hair, Kate.'' Izzy sighed and Katherine frowned at her, ''Why, isn't it great?'' the younger Lightwood walked over to her and opened her hair, letting it float on her back in curls and Katherine gasped, ''Hey.'' Izzy gave her a sweet smile ''I love you, Kate , I really do.But you should always let me do your hair.'' 

Katherine nodded her head, she never could decide what to do with her hair and always kept it open and maybe her curly hair suited her best when it was down, ''You are right.'' and Izzy gave her arm a pat as Clay's voice came from the screen, ''I don't know, guys, I think I am more of a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl.''

She came out from behind and screen and Katherine smiled at her, ''You look beautiful,Clare.'' Clary smiled at her as she stood before the mirror, ''You think so?'' and she snorted, ''Think? Clare if I were a boy I would have been down on my knees for you, but I am not.So there's that.'' Katherine winked at her.

Izzy sighed, ''You are so lucky to have such a flat chest, I can never wear that without a bra.''

''Really?'' Clary asked her.

''Really.''

Katherine saw Jace enter the room before the other two did, ''Well, well, look who's here.'' Jace rolled his eyes at her but had a smile on his lips, ''Hello to you too Kate.'' then his eyes went to Clary ''Someone's looking badass.'' Clary turned around at that and saw him, ''Oh, thanks.''. Izzy got up from the chair and pulled Katherine along by her hand as she walked over to the pair, ''She cleans up well.We are gonna go see Alec, he never knows what to wear to these parties either.'' Katherine whispered in Jace's ear something that made the blonde gulp , ''I love you Jace.But if you do something to my sister, you'll regret it.'' he nodded his head and she patted his cheek before she and Izzy left the room.

''Wait, why am I going to see Alec?''

 Izzy smirked at her,''You aren't, he isn't ready yet.You'll see him when he is.''

''Really, Izzy?''

~*~*~*~*~*

Alec was was picking his arrows up when his sister and Katherine walked up to him. He did a double take and  his breath left his body when he saw the red head.

She was beautiful

A long dark grey jumpsuit fitted her body like a second skin, her arms covered with net sleeves, the jumpsuit showed a bit of cleavage but Alec didn't stare at that for long and moved his eyes up Katherine's face and felt a deep pang in his gut that he didn't understand. Her long and wavy red hair was down on her back with a few strings in front, her cheeks and lips had a little bit of makeup, her eyes gleaming between green and blue.

 Alec shook his head and  snapped out of his daze.

Katherine ran her hands over her arms which were covered with goosebumps because she had shivered under Alec's gaze, ''Pick up a weapon, I suggest your whip .'' Alec told Izzy and despite the earlier goosebumps case, Katherine snorted and Izzy nudged her playfully before looking at Alec, ''What's wrong with you?.''

''Nothing.'' he took the arrow out of Isabelle's hands and she sighed ,'' We are going to a downworlder's rave.You should be a little more excited.'' Izzy went over to the weapons rack  Katherine clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth, ''I don't remember the last time I saw you excited, Alec.'' he raised his eyebrows at her, ''That's is not true and it's a mission not a party.''  Izzy picked up a blade, ''Yeah, whatever. Before Clary got here every day was the same.Go on a mission kill demons, go on a mission, kill demons. At least now things are interesting.''

Katherine raised her eyebrows ''I am sorry, I don't see anything interesting about stopping the most dangerous shadowhunter in the world.''  Alec nodded his head at her before looking back at his sister ''Valentine is alive and seeking the cup.He threatens our entire world. And we are helping his daughter.'' Katherine narrowed her eyes at him, ''Clary is nothing like him.'' but the older Lightwood for once ignored her, ''Who, by the way we have no reason to trust and who showed up out of nowhere .On top of that we're gonna end up overpaying some warlock who may or may not have the information we need.So no Izzy... I don't find it interesting.''

Katherine sighed and placed her hand on top of Alec's and his tensed muscles relaxed under her touch, Izzy saw it and smiled softly before looking up at her brother, ''Whoa, feel better now?'' Alec understood the hidden meaning behind his sister's words and looked away from Katherine's hand that was laying on top of his, ''No, I don't.'' Katherine didn't knew that she still had her hand over his but he did and a small smile made way on his face, ''Okay, maybe a little.''

Katherine smiled and patted his hand before removing her hand from his and both felt the lack of warmth, ''Don't keep what you are feeling to yourself, Alec, it isn't healthy.'' Izzy nodded at her, ''What she said.'' she looked between Alec and Katherine before her eyes settled on her brother ''You can't keep bottling things up,Alec.It's only a matter of time before they explode.And not the fun kind of explode.'' and even though she said it to Alec, Katherine couldn't help but feel as if Izzy was tell it to her as well.

She smacked her lips and looked at Izzy, ''When did you become a philosopher, Iz?'' the younger Lightwood simple chuckled at her best friend but she did notice the way the pair's eyes had gone to each other for a second.

''Alright let's go, and we are not going for the music.''

~*~*~*~*~*~*

''It's all clear, Jace.'' Katherine told the blonde when she,Alec and Izzy spotted him with Clary in the line outside the club, Izzy locked her arms with Clary, ''Do you think red is my color? I already asked Kate and she said yes.'' and Katherine chuckled while Clary gave her a smile, ''Iz, with a body like yours, everything's your color.'' Izzy smiled, ''Good point.Damn, I make this necklace look so good.'' she looked down at the necklace and her hands roamed on it.

Katherine looked at Izzy from Jace's side, ''You do make it look good.'' Izzy smiled and chuckled while Alec rolled his eyes, ''Don't encourage her, Kate. And will you take it off? I'm certain Magnus Bane doesn't want drool on his ruby when we make the exchange.'' that made Katherine snorted and she covered it with a cough which made her choke until Jace patted her on the back. Izzy smiled and winked at Katherine, ''You know, I wouldn't be so sure.Most men like it when I admire their jewels.''

At that Katherine couldn't hold back her laughter that bursted through her lips, making Alec's heart flutter and he shook his head to stop from a smile forming on his lips, ''Can you just give it to Jace?''

''You are such a buzzkill.''

~~~~~~~

Prepare yourselves

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 12.3K 59
In which, Isabelle Lightwood has feelings for her childhood friend who has a lot of secrets. Or In which, one of the most powerful shadowhunters ever...
158K 4.5K 28
"She put a binding rune on the door. I can't get it open." "I'd say she doesn't want to see you." #1 in "magnus" Andina Wayland has grown up with...
305K 10.3K 64
Book one in the Varian Bane Duology Book Two "Winter Blooms" in progress. Varian Fairchild was raised in the Shadow World by his adopted father Magnu...