SAFE PLACE...SHAWN MENDES

By -rogersonlyfans

[COMPLETED] š’š”ššš°š§ šŒšžš§ššžš¬ š…ššš§šŸš¢š­š¢šØš§! "You happened. You became my safe place and I love it... More

Safe Place | Shawn Mendes
one; book lover
two; red wine and us
three; meeting of kelly
four; the love of a cat
five; living their best lives
six; awkward questions
seven; sick
eight; furious woman
nine; lonely kids
ten; just off
eleven; most wonderful time of the year
twelve; totally hooked
thirteen; memories we make with our family
[social media]
fourteen; coming back where i belong
fifteen; being all lovely dovey
sixteen; means something
seventeen; important
eighteen; new
nineteen; our angels
twenty; grow up too fast
twenty-one; new home
twenty-two; another one
twenty-three; something wrong
epilogue; hey you
bonus; to serenity
Acknowledgment
BLACK LIVES MATTER !

twenty-four; all of us

634 23 24
By -rogersonlyfans

SERENITY HUDSON
"When life just ain't fair
It's okay to be scared"
Love You To Death by Chord Overstreet

My eyes were glued on my sleepy husband, his eyes were closed as he peacefully slept. We told his family about the cancer and most of them didn't understand why not the treatments or got mad at me for didn't convince him, but I understood their pain so I let them be mad at me.

Shawn didn't need his family to be in conflict and, I deeply knew that none of them meant what they said to me. They were just lost and didn't know how to react.

"Morning." His raspy voice echoed through my ears, earning a smile from me.

I played with his hair as he hummed. "How are you?"

He shrugged. "Tired but okay, how are you?"

"I'm happy." I replied. "If you're here, everything is good."

He smiled softly. "I love you." He whispered.

"I love you." I told him. "Alright, get up grandpa we have to get ready."

He sighed. "Can I least have a morning kiss?" He pouted his lips, I chuckled shaking my head and pecked his lips. "That's better, thank you."

"I have to go to the shower but I think the kids are already up, so you get them ready and when I'm done you can go shower." I explained as he nodded.

"Are you sure you want to see my family after everything they said?" He queried wincing. "I don't want you to don't feel good."

I shook my head. "We are going." I quickly answered. "Your family was mad, sad and confused so I understood, I'd have react the same way."

He smiled as I stood up and went to the bathroom. I locked the door and stared at myself in the mirror, in a few months I will be alone and without him but I have to grow stronger for him, for the kids, for everyone.

The hot water hit my back as I relaxed and, let out the emotions I felt. The shower was the only place where I could feel vulnerable and sad, the tears rolled down my cheeks as I silently sobbed. If Shawn saw me like this, he would probably get mad at me.

I definitely wasn't ready for him to leave, I wanted him to be here to see the girls get married and be sad because they're leaving to uni, I wanted him to see his little boy growing up and became a little charmer. I couldn't help but think about my mom and dad, my dad also died of cancer and I always thought 'wow it must be so hard to lose our soulmate'.

The situation was so hard, I remembered hearing my mom cries at night because she missed him, I remembered spending a whole week at my aunt's cause she wasn't able to manage me... she was too broken. To be honest, I hated her for a moment because her husband died but he was my dad too and she never thought of asking me how was I doing or how I was handling things.

"Are you almost done?" Asked Shawn behind the door. "The kids are waiting and so am I." He chuckled.

I cut the water and grabbed a towel. "Yeah, coming."

The door flew open revealing a smiling Shawn, he wrapped his arms around my waist and slowly kissed me. "Thank you, babe. I will be quick."

Thirty minutes later, everyone was ready to go so we all went to the car and drove to Shawn's parents. The kids were singing, more like screaming in the back but it was funny to see this.

Of course, Matteo felt a little lonely but the girls were always playing with him and protecting him which was cute. Shawn and I both knew that later Matteo would be the one protecting all of us.

"Mommy! Are we going to see Theo?" Asked Matteo.

I laughed. "Yes, he will be here baby." I answered. "Everyone will."

"Cool!" He clapped his hands together letting out the cutest giggle. "Can't wait to see him."

Shawn quickly glanced at him. "Are you girls excited to see aunties Aaliyah and Eden? And grandma?"

"Oh yeah!" Yelled Monica. "Auntie Aaliyah told me that she had a surprise for me and Mar." Marisol agreed by nodding her head.

We, soon, parked in front of the Mendes house. I inhaled and grabbed Shawn's hand as we walked to the front door, the kids in front of us, the door opened showing Karen.

"Hello guys!" She kneeled down taking the kids in her arms. "How are you?"

"Hi grandma!" They giggled, walking in.

Karen stood up, hugging her son and I. We all went in the house and said hello to everyone, of course I could feel the glances and stares on me but I didn't care. Shawn and the kids were happy and it was all that matter.

"Serenity? Can we talk for a second, please?" She queried.

Shawn looked at me, kind of worried. "You sure?" He said giving my hand a squeeze.

"Yes, love." I kissed his forehead walking to his mom. "What's up?"

She sighed. "I wanted to apologize for what we said the last time we saw each other..." She started. "It was totally inappropriate to get mad at you for something who isn't your fault, honey."

"It's okay, Karen. Really." I stated. "You guys had all the right to be mad, it's not an easy thing to react to, we just have to be strong for him."

She hummed. "It's just weird to think that in a few months, he won't be here anymore, my baby won't be here anymore." She let out a cough probably to not cry. "I saw him grow up, I saw him falling in love with you, I saw everything and I didn't think I would see him die." She told me honestly.

"Karen, it's not your fault." I said, giving her arm a squeeze. "It was unexpected but we will deal with it, right? We are a family."

She nodded with a sad smile. "I hope you know that no matter what happens, Manny and I are still here for you."

I shook my head up and down. "I know, thank you for that."

"Are you thinking of moving back to New York?" She queried softly.

I thought of a moment and shook my head. "No, not really. The kids are feeling good so do I." I truly said. "If I have to move back to The Hampton, I will wait for the kids to be adults."

"Good." She stated. "I just want you guys to stick around, I think we will need each other, you know."

Shawn stepped outside with a bright smile. "What are you guys talking about?" He asked, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Nothing, I was just apologizing to Ren." Said Karen, smiling.

Shawn hummed kissing his mom's cheek. "So everything is good?"

I nodded. "Perfect."

No matter what, The Mendes will always be my second family forever.

authors note;

This is the last chapter, the epilogue will be up later today!
Please cry with me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 72 27
After graduating from school, I go to college. On the very first day, I accidentally bump into a guy who immediately caught my attention. But he has...
11.5K 221 132
Get lost in wonderland šŸ–¤
124K 2.7K 51
OMG another one. I'm making another imagines book because I love you and writing so here you go enjoy! Book #3
31.7K 447 42
The next generation... Book 3 of the Jailey Trilogy. ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ Started 19th July 2019 || Ended 6th October 2019