Don't be afraid, darling ✔[CO...

By ProfessorMoody21

Kiara Carlyle is a sarcastic 17 year old girl who has just moved into the sleepy little town of Oakwood. The... More

Chapter 1: Boring!
Chapter 2: Who's he?
Chapter 3: Cassian
Chapter 4: Nervous
Chapter 5: The Mantzari mansion
Chapter 6: Demonic angel......
Chapter 7: .....or Angelic demon?
Chapter 8: Welcome
Flashback
Chapter 10: Scared
Chapter 11: Perfect present
Chapter 12: Slow burning
Chapter 13: Under his spell
Chapter 14: Tears aren't weaknesses
Chapter 15: Perfect dress
Chapter 16: What an evening!
Chapter 17: Surprise moves
Chapter 19: Punishment
Flashback
Chapter 21: Surprise ride
Chapter 22: The Possessor
Chapter 23: Escaped!
Chapter 24: Confrontation
Chapter 25: No one is innocent
Chapter 26: Trouble
Chapter 27: New faces
Chapter 28: House of Avyanna
Chapter 29: Sibling Rivalry
Flashback (Part 1)
Flashback (Part 2)
Chapter 31: The First Issuing
Chapter 32: War Planning
Chapter 34: Terror
Chapter 35: Ugly Revelations
Chapter 36: I fear him... but I love him
Author's Note
Chapter 37: Respite from suffering
Chapter 38: He's fighting
Chapter 40: Not the Monster
Chapter 41: New Kinda Life
Epilogue

Chapter 18: Passion

112 13 0
By ProfessorMoody21

My mind fogged up as his lips pressed gently against mine and his hand around my neck drew my head closer.
He took the glass from my hand and set it aside as he nipped my bottom lip, urging me to part my lips.

I couldn't even dream to resist. He smelled of smoke and something faintly familiar. Something sweet.

I parted my lips, giving his tongue access to my mouth. He buried one hand in my hair and clasped his other hand around my waist.

His mouth tasted of toasted marshmallows. My favourite.

I placed my hands on his rock hard chest and felt his strong muscles under my fingers. Our lips and tongues moved against each other in sync as though made for each other. It was as if we had been waiting all our lives for this moment.

In one fluid move, he shifted me onto his lap. I gasped softly as he chuckled.
"What're you up to, Cassian?" I whispered, slightly flustered.

He angled his head up at me, giving me a silky smile, "I want you. You have no idea how much I want you right now." His voice was hoarse with desire.
Desire for me.

I was feeling daring. Adrenaline flowed like fast rushing water through my veins. "Then show me.." My hands clasped around his neck as I dropped my voice to a velvety purr, "... how much you want me."

His breath quickened. His eyes burned with excited flames. He gave my hair a slight tug, "Be careful what you ask for, Miss Carlyle." Looking at his face, I was almost scared. He looked at me with such a dangerously dark expression that I second guessed my wish.

He grabbed my mouth in a frenzied passion, more ardent than before. His hands roamed up and down my back and my sides. Tingles ran all over my body like butterflies alighting on my skin.

I ran my fingers through his soft dark hair. It was like stroking silk.
As our kiss grew more heated, we started to forget our surroundings and that we were on a school campus.

Whatever worries I had about a teacher chaperone popping up and destroying our passionate moment, now disappeared completely, like they never existed. Even if a truckload of teacher chaperones dropped in on us, I wouldn't have stopped this kiss. He was an incredible kisser.

After what seemed like a divine eternity, I broke off the kiss. I wanted to look at his reaction. His eyes were darkened with desire and hooded. His lips were slightly pinker than usual, courtesy of our wildly passionate moment. I have to admit, he looked delicious at that moment.

I knew I looked an absolute mess, with my messed up hair and flushed cheeks.
He looked around us and then set me back on the bench from his lap. I was a little disappointed. I kinda preferred my previous seat.

I stared at the ground, not knowing what to do or say. He finally spoke, his voice concerned, "Is everything alright, Kiara?"

I half smiled at him, "Yeah, all good."
He didn't seem convinced, "You look upset. Did I do something wrong?"

I wanted to yell right then, "Wrong? What the hell Cassian Montez, you just transported me to the ultimate paradise and made me forget my own name and you ask me if something's wrong? Of course nothing's wrong! I just feel dizzy as hell after what you just did and don't know what to bloody say!"

But instead I said in a cool voice, "No, of course not. I just- I'm a little disoriented after that."

He smiled his husky smile, "Yeah, it was incredible, wasn't it?"

I flicked a strand of hair out of my face, "I'm still breathless. You like to be in control, don't you."

He held up my chin with his finger, "I like things to go the way I want them to. But right now..." his voice turned hoarse and made my blood curdle, "... I wanted to savour you. You taste of chocolate and vanilla. You're intoxicating like hell. I could do this all night."

He ran his fingers down my bare arm and clasped my hand, intertwining with my fingers.

"You are very smooth, Mr Montez. Very charming too. I would say you're intoxicating rather than me." I said softly, getting up and smoothing out my dress with feverish fingers.

He started to walk towards the crowds in the school halls, pulling me with him, "So you approve of me?"

I laughed at the ridiculous question, "Approve of you? Cassian, do you even need to ask me that?"

"I feel like I do. I believe in general courtesy, you know."

"Well, if you're that desperate to know.... I  guess I do approve."

He smiled sinisterly again, "You better, because I don't plan to let you go that easily."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Let me go? What do you mean?"

He looked ahead at the teenagers laughing and dancing, his eyes glittering, "You should've figured that out by now, darling."

He met my gaze and honestly, the hunger in his eyes did scare me a bit, "You're mine. Only mine. And not even God can save anyone who says otherwise." He leaned down and pressed a firm kiss on my lips, as though to prove his words.

I was excited as well as nervous. Did it really mean that he... liked me?

He angled my head to a side to deepen the kiss and put his arms around my waist. I melted into the kiss and slid my fingers through his soft, dark hair.

Cassian pulled me closer as I lost myself into the delicious oblivion again. He was right. I could do this all night....
"MR. MONTEZ! MISS CARLYLE! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING??!"

A croaking voice screeched out of nowhere as I pulled away sharply,  surprised. A teacher who I didn't know or care about was looking at us scandalized. Like she had never imagined to see two teenagers of the opposite gender kissing. She was around fifty or something and extremely unpleasant faced. Her expression was twisted with contempt as she pointed a stubby finger at us,

"So! You thought you'd get away with such indecent behaviour, such crass conduct, such.... such-" "kissing?" I finished for her, sneeringly. "Yes! You ought to be reported, you two!" She looked excitedly at the prospect of reporting us.

Cassian looked annoyed at being interrupted and never loosened his hold on me. He just glared at her coldly, "Go away and don't bother us." He commanded in a firm and menacing voice that would've had me shaking all over if I were in the teacher's place.
I was somewhat taken aback at his tone. Of course, I didn't expect him to grovel at her feet just because she was a teacher, but I never thought that he would be suicidal enough to actually order a teacher around.

However, the woman looked nervous all of a sudden. Her snide and unpleasant side had vanished and been replaced by a cowering and scared demeanour.

"Of-of course. I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't h-have dis-disturbed you. I'll leave yo-you." She stuttered, fumbling with the ugly tartan handbag in her hands.
Cassian held me a little tighter, his eyes full of icy annoyance and harsh dominance, directed at her, "Stop stammering and leave us."

She gave a small sqeak and hurried away, wobbling on her stout legs.

Cassian turned to me and smiled devilishly, "Shall we continue where we left off?" I raised my eyebrows, pretty impressed by his control over the teacher, "She just obeyed you without a word? What just happened?"

His devilish smile didn't vanish, "I told you before. People think twice before disobeying me, darling."

He didn't give me a chance to answer as he kissed me again.

To be honest, I had no answer to give him...
_________________________
"So, how was your evening?" Asked mom at breakfast the next morning.

"It was great! He's got some mean dance moves. He is so amazing. I had a fabulous time." I replied enthusiastically, while digging into chocolate chip pancakes and sweet peanut butter sauce.

Last night's memories flooded back into my mind.

After the annoying teacher had left, we had made out until we were out of breath and our lips were chapped. Then he had dragged me onto the dance floor again and displayed his 'fluid dance' moves. We chatted all the way home, flirting, teasing and arguing with each other. It was like a dream. An amazingly mind boggling dream.

He was a mixture of chivalrous and daring, polite and sharp tongued, sweet and dangerous, the list is endless!
When he dropped me home, he laid a slow, sweet kiss on my lips and said lazily, "Goodnight, Kiara... I hope you dream of me. For I definitely will dream of you." He winked at me mischievously and disappeared in his car, leaving me standing at the door, dazedly staring at the road.

Mom snapped her fingers in front of my face and pulled me out of my Cassian filled daydream, "Kiara! What's wrong with you? Are you insane?"
I was hurt by her horror and lack of happiness at me having a good time, "Mom, what's wrong with you? Why can't you ever be happy for me? I am insane just because I went to a high school dance with the most gorgeous guy in the town? What kind of shallow mentality is that?!"

Mom stared at me, looking confused, "But I wasn't-" I cut her off with a wave of my hand, "The problem with parents these days, is that they can never find happiness at their children's happiness. They have to find something scandalous everywhere. You people think that a guy and a girl having a good time together means they've done something indecent! You think we don't know how to have fun without getting physical." I took a deep breath to compensate for the long time I had prattled for.

My mom frowned and tried to say something, "Listen, I-" I interrupted her yet again, "What listen, mom? What new have you got to say? The same old, isn't it? That's not proper behaviour, Kiara. People will gossip about you, Kiara. Do I look like I care about people's gossip?-"

"I'M TRYING TO SAY THAT YOU'RE EATING KETCHUP WITH YOUR PANCAKES! ARE YOU INSANE?!" My mom bellowed, loud to have been heard by the people in Russia.

I looked down, and sure enough, I had grabbed the ketchup bottle instead of the peanut butter sauce. And my pancakes were more or less drenched in bright red tangy tomato ketchup.

Looking sheepish with my head bowed, I sneaked a peek at mom. She was red faced and breathing heavily, her expression irritated like hell.

Needless to say, breakfast did not exactly go well...
__________________________
Zorraine's POV:
She looked breathtaking. I got a jolt of shock on seeing her. That dress...

I couldn't believe that Cass actually had it given to her. He must really like her.

She was so gorgeous today. Even more beautiful than usual. I watched her laugh and chat with my brother and a knot of jealousy formed in my stomach.
She should be like that with me. She has no clue about Cass's true nature. She doesn't know what he has done. What he can do...

She is so perfect. So damn perfect. When I saw her slender, exquisite body in that beautiful dress and her alluring charm, I just wanted to grab her and kiss her. But I held myself back with all the willpower I could find.

Cass showed off on the dance floor just to impress her. And I could tell she was impressed. I could've done much better. She would've been asking me never to stop...

I guess I should just wait. But wait for what?

For her to come to me, or...
....for the right time to bring her to me?

Unpleasant teacher, 52 years old (more information to come)
________________________
Author's note
Hey everyone! Exams are almost over but I can't stop writing more chapters. If you think the unpleasant teacher doesn't look like that, you are free to imagine her as you want! Please do vote, comment and share! Thanks a lot.
Bye bye!😁😁😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 207 35
My name is Kalista. They call me the beast. Kalista has been cursed by a powerful sorceress and is now a prisoner in her own palace. As petals fall f...
228 45 18
Every person on earth has one thing in common with one another; wanting their lives to play out like a movie with a perfect ribbon at the end of it a...
1.1K 273 34
Thirteen-year-old Ginna's only connection to her long-dead mother is the dogwood in her backyard. The tree radiates a warm sort of buzz which might p...
926 201 8
Open Novella Contest 2024 Entry Cassia Rose made a mistake: she didn't believe the legends, but they're real. And learning this truth may just...