Kismet

By astoldbylani

kis·met /ˈkizmit,ˈkizˌmet/ noun destiny; fate. how do you know when you've met your soulmate? More

cast✨|disclaimer
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxvii
xxxviii
xxxix
xl
xlii
xliii
xliv

xli

61.6K 3.2K 2.6K
By astoldbylani

May 3rd

"Happy birthday my handsome son! Mommy loves you so so so much," Nadira cooed, picking her son up from his crib. It was May third and Omari Cartier was officially one year old today.

He was crawling and walking now, he loved calling his mom and dad at random times of the day because he could now say 'mama' and 'dada'. He adored his big sister, and ran behind her wherever she went when they were at daycare. He slept with his father faithfully. He had a routine of getting breastfed at 9, and whining until Gionni was with him, or he was in bed with Gionni so he could go to sleep. He loved playing with dinosaur toys and watching Jurassic Park, even though it terrified Nayeli.

That was Nadira's inspiration for his birthday party later today,, it was Jurassic Park themed, outside in a tent so the kids could play. She was very excited.

"Mama!" he called kicking in her arms.

"Yes my love?" she smiled, taking him downstairs, where his dad and sister were waiting.

"Food?" he tilted his head, making her laugh.

"We're about to eat, thugga," she assured him, rounding the corner to the kitchen.

"There's my big boy!" Gionni spoke excitedly, running up and taking Omari from his mom and tossing him up and down, making him laugh loudly. "Happy birthday, baby. You're getting so big, Mari," he sighed. He also remembered Omari's birth like it was yesterday, he was growing up too fast.

"Happy birthday to the best brother ever!" Nayeli cheesed, kissing him, once he was put in his high chair, making him smile, showing off all his teeth. "You're so cute, bubby," she giggled, feeding him some of her pancake, which he gladly took. He started breastfeeding less and less, he only really wanted it before bed and for comfort now at this age.

After eating, Gionni started getting Omari ready for his party. It was early in the day, since it was a kids party, and nobody wanted their kids up late.

"You ready for your party son?" G asked while Mari splashed around in the tub. "I'll take that as a yes," he chuckled. Gionni was amazed by his son every single day. As a father of two, he loved seeing the little differences Omari and Nayeli. Differences in their personalities, in their growth and development, in their looks and in the way they learned the world around them.

He loved that Omari was so adventurous. He wanted to be everywhere in everything, although his face showed an extreme distaste for it all. He loved Polo and playing around with him, especially outside. He was a tough kid and enjoyed rough housing with Gionni and Polo all the time, giving Nadira a heart attack nearly every time.

"Daddy loves you, you know that, kid?" he smiled, washing his back. "Even though you be dissing me for yo' stanky mama, I still love you more than you ever gon' know, Peanut," he continued, making Omari laugh, like he knew what he was saying.

"Dada," Omari called him, reaching his arms out.

"You want out huh? Let's get out then. Hopefully your mom put your clothes out because dada forgot completely what you're supposed to put on," he mumbled, wrapping Omari up in his hooded towel, drying his hair off.

He breathed a sigh of relief once he saw Omari's outfit laid out on his changing table. "Aight let's get a diaper on you," he spoke. "Please, please do not blow this up. I don't know what possessed your mama to put you in white," he chuckled. Omari was famous for spitting up, blowing out his diapers, and getting food where food was not supposed to be.

Once Omari was dressed, Gionni took him back to he and Nadira's room, so he could get changed too.

"Okay, now we wait for Nayeli," he spoke, sitting down on the couch with Omari, who was preoccupied with the chain on his dad's neck, even though he had his own on.

A few minutes later, Nayeli came flying down the stairs. "Gianna!" Gionni called, making her stop short. He hated when she ran around the house, mostly because he didn't want her to fall and bust her head open.

"Sorry daddy," she smiled innocently, joining him on the couch after she walked to the family room.

"It's okay, baby. I just need you to be careful, princess. You feeling okay today?" he asked her, wrapping his free arm around his baby girl.

"I had a bad dream last night," she sighed. "Buy I'm okay now, I don't feel sad," she nodded.

"You wanna talk about your dream, princess?" he asked and she shook her head no.

"If I talk about it I'm gonna feel bad," she said. As she was getting older, she was starting to become much more aware of her anxiety and triggers. She was no longer as bothered by crowds or loud noises, but yelling and arguing did get to her. She had sporadic bad days where she would rather be in her room with Dior than out with everyone. She had nightmares, but not frequently. She didn't like talking about them unless she was talking to her therapist, and Gionni completely understood it, he never pushed her or wanted to make her uncomfortable.

"Well if you wanna talk, I'm here mamas, okay? Don't forget," he reminded her, kissing her forehead.

"I won't, daddy," she smiled, leaning her head on his chest, as they waited for Nadira to return.

She was doing some last minute finishing touches to the venue for Omari's party, and she had to come home and get ready afterwards. She'd been there since breakfast was over and was rushing back.

"Hey y'all! Aw look how cute!" she pouted, stopping to take a picture of them all sleeping on the couch, waiting for her. She quietly made her way upstairs so she could shower and do a quick face before getting dressed.

Once that was all done, she came back downstairs to wake everyone up so they could go.

"Gionni...babe wake up," she mumbled in his ear, lifting Omari from his chest, stirring him awake slightly. "Nayeli, wake up mamas," she rubbed her daughters arm up and down until her eyes creaked open.

"Hey mama," Gionni spoke, looking her over. "You look beautiful,"

"Aww thank you baby," she blushed, giving him a kiss while Omari was still drowsy.

Everyone loaded up in the car, Gionni was driving, so Nadira could rest a little bit.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Omari, happy birthday to you!" everyone sang to him, while he stared hungrily at his cake.

"Blow out your candles, papa," Nadira encouraged him. "Do like this," she demonstrated puffing her cheeks up with air and blowing it out. It took him a few tries but he did it, with the help of his big sister, causing everyone to cheer for him.

People came over to personally wish him a happy birthday and show him the gifts they bought him, trying to get him to smile, some actually succeeding.

"Okay, okay, God mommies coming through! Please let us pass," Nadira and Gionni turned their heads, hearing Lourdes' loud voice. "We brought your gift thugga bear!" she cooed to him, reaching out for him. He went to her willingly and his parents followed behind to see what they bought him.

Eventually, the entire crowd of people followed them outside so they could see too, and as soon as they laid eyes on it, Gionni busted out laughing.

Lourdes and Saij bout him his parents cars. A red G wagon and a white CLA.

"Y'all know our babies have to be riding clean, we couldn't let Cici be the only one whipping," Des shrugged. Cianna, who's birthday was two weeks ago, received a pink Lamborghini from her Godparents, and it inspired Lourdes and Saija.

"Now you and your God sister can ride around and cause trouble together!" Saija cheered, as Omari began opening the door to the G wagon. Cianna was right behind him, pulling at the other one.

Although the two babies were polar opposites, Cici being more like Nayeli, very bubbly and welcoming, they got along perfectly. When they were together it was hard to separate them. They slept side by side, usually holding hands, and one would not eat without the other one there.

"He loves it look at him," G laughed, watching him get out of the truck and go to the smaller car with Saij's help.

"He gon drive them things all day long, I already know," Nadira chuckled.

The rest of the party went well, they ate cake, saw some more gifts and opened them for Omari, they danced and ate some food and they socialized with their family and friends.

After the function, everyone ended up at Gionni and Nadira's house, as usual. They sat around the living room, watching a movie while Cianna and Omari played with Nayeli and the dogs in their playroom.

"This movie so stupid," Vinny grumbled, laying on his wife's chest. "Who picked this?"

"Me! You wanna fight about it?" Lourdes spoke up. They were always arguing, literally always.

"And what if I did? Caine big overgrown ass ain't here to save you, leprechaun. You better pipe down," he sat up, bucking at her.

"Nigga try it! Try me please I'll make sure Saija can't help you, Sid," she jabbed back, and everyone who wasn't already laughing, erupted in laughter at that point.

"Don't break nothing in my damn house!" Nadira scolded once she caught her breath from laughing. "Gionni get your friends please," she nudged him in his side.

"No ma'am, those are your friends I want no parts," he held his hands up.

Later on that evening, Omari was in bed with his dad, laying on Gionni's chest while Nayeli's hair was getting done in the bathroom.

"I hope you had fun today, Peanut," Gionni spoke to his son, rubbing his back while he fought off the sleep he so desperately needed. "You and your God sister got too much energy to just be one," he chuckled.

He and Cianna played with all his new toys until it was time for her to go home, they didn't take one break to eat or drink anything so now Omari was practically passing out from using up all his energy.

"Awww birthday boy so sleepy," Nadira pouted, exiting the bathroom. Nayeli was right behind her with a purple bonnet covering her hair, climbing in the bed with her dad.

"Hey baby," G smiled at her. "Your hair looks good?"

"Mhm," she hummed tiredly, laying her head on his free arm.

"You sleepy mamas?" he asked, wrapping his arm around her and bringing her closer so she was laying on the side of him that Omari wasn't.

"Yes but I don't wanna be by myself," mumbled. He knew she didn't sleep well the night before so he didn't mind letting her stay with them in bed if it meant she could get some good rest tonight.

"You can sleep with us, princess. You have to use the bathroom?" he made sure to ask. Accidents weren't common for her but just in case, he wanted to be sure she went.

"No sir, I went already," she replied.

"Okay, say goodnight to mommy before you go to sleep, boo," he patted her back. She hopped up, getting down from the bed and going in the closet where Nadira was finally changing from her party clothes.

"Goodnight, mama," Nayeli spoke in a small voice, a loud yawn leaving her mouth.

"Goodnight my beautiful girl," Nadira smiled, kneeling to give her a kiss. "Sleep well mamas,"

"You too, mommy," she smiled back, returning to the bedroom and assuming her previous position next to her dad. "Goodnight, daddy," she mumbled, snuggling up to his side.

"Goodnight my love, sweet dreams baby," he rubbed his thumb across her face as her eyes drifted shut. Omari was finally asleep as well, and at this point Gionni was right behind them. The day had worn him out and he was trying his hardest to wait for Nadira but it was not happening.

When she emerged from the closet to shower, her heart melted at the sight of them and took a picture again. She couldn't help herself.

nadira.soraya: the best thing that ever happened to me 🌍💞

She put her hair in a bonnet and joined them in the bed, cuddling up to her husband's side, pressing a kiss to his jaw, whispering a goodnight in his ear.

"If y'all need me just call, I'll be right downtown, I'll catch an uber ba—" Nadira started to say, but was cut off by her husband.

"We'll be fine, angel. Go head and have fun," he chuckled. "Don't worry, daddy got it, don't I, Peanut?" he spoke, bouncing Omari up and down in his arms.

"I know you do, I'm just being worrisome as always," she smiled at the two. "Where's my baby so I can get going," she looked around for Nayeli. She was having a particularly bad weekend when as it pertained to her anxiety and was currently in her room coloring.

"Gianna! Come say goodnight to mama!" Gionni called as Nadira lifted her son into her arms, kissing his forehead and squeezing him tightly, making him laugh.

Nayeli came trotting downstairs, walking over to Nadira and hugging her leg. "Do you have to leave?" she spoke quietly.

"Aw baby I—"

"Mommy's gonna be back, princess. She's just going out with your aunties to have fun. She's gonna be okay, mamas," he reassured her, knowing Nadira was about to cave and stay in the house. She didn't go out too often anymore, none of the girls did and he thought they deserved this night together.

"We're gonna hang out all night, babygirl, we can do whatever you wanna do, okay?" he said to her, picking her up off the ground.

"Okay, daddy. I love you mommy, be careful," she said.

"I will, baby. I love you too, you guys have fun tonight okay?" she smiled, sitting Omari down, kissing Gionni and Nai. "My uber's here, see you later," she waved, blowing kisses in all directions.

Once she was gone, Gionni set Nayeli back down on her feet with Omari who was sitting, playing with Chanel's ears.

"Okay, whatcha wanna do first, mamas?" he asked.

"Princess and the Frog?" she suggested.

"Let's do it," he nodded, lifting Omari up and holding his hand out for her. She took it and they began their night together.

At the club/lounge, Nadira had just finished eating some nachos they ordered from the bar and was now sipping on a particularly strong margarita.

"It feels so good to be out!" Rayne exclaimed, making all the girls nod. "We haven't been together in forever, it feels like,"

"Right, life just be all in the damn way," Lourdes shook her head "But! We're here now so let's turn up a lil bit," she danced as shots of tequila arrived to them.

"Oh she wanna get me drunk drunk," Saija laughed. Everyone knew Saij was lightweight as hell, and Nadira was right behind her.

They threw back the shots and Dira immediately began feeling looser. She didn't drink too often and when she did, it didn't take too much before she was tipsy.

The girls made sure to take pictures of each other before they all started dancing and their hair got frizzy or their lipstick rubbed off. Nadira wore yellow tonight, and she loved her dress. Gionni helped her pick, so of course she sent pictures to him before she went to the dance floor with her friends.

They all took one more shot before heading to dance. Act Up by the City Girls was playig loudly throughout the club, women all over dancing with their friends and their boyfriends, Nadira and her friends right along with them. They recorded each other, hyping one another up as they usually did.

"This bitch actin' up!" Lourdes laughed, watching Nadira and Rayne dance on top of a couch they were standing by.

"He gon by me Gucci if I ask for it!" Nadira yelled the lyrics in the camera while Saij recorded her.

"Perioddd! Go bitch! Throw that shit, yes ma'am!" Saija laughed, sticking her tongue out.

After dancing, more shots, and even more dancing, Nadira finally sat down and looked at her phone to see if Gionni texted her back.

mine🔒🖤: you look so damn good.

: thank you daddy 🥰

mine🔒🖤: you're welcome baby. you having fun?

: yesssss ☺️ but i miss you

mine🔒🖤: i miss you too mama.

She smirked at her phone, thinking of a way to tell him to stay up and wait for her. She was like him, when she drank she wanted one of two things. Food or Gionni. Right now she'd like both.

: you gonna stay up for me?

Mine🔒🖤: of course baby.

: good. im tryna get pregnant. like tonight.

Mine🔒🖤: LMAO nadira please 💀

: im serious 😭 you want a baby right? gimme a baby then.

Mine🔒🖤: bet.

She danced happily in her seat, knowing exactly what she was getting herself into when she went home.

For another hour she had fun with her friends, it was already half past one in the morning when they were in their uber to the Waffle House near them, giggling and laughing about everything and nothing on their way there.

After they ate, the girls kissed and hugged each other goodbye, promising to get together again soon before getting in separate rides home, promising to text once they made it home safely. She did just that when she arrived to her house, closing and locking the door behind her, dropping her keys in the bowl and kicking her heels off, walking around the first floor silently, looking for Gionni.

"Babe?" she whispered, poking her head in the dark living room. She then made her way to the kitchen, grabbing water on her way out to try and sober up a little. He wasn't anywhere down there, so she just greeted her dogs, before going upstairs. She peeked in Omari's room and kissed him on his cheek, doing the same for Nayeli before creeping into her own bedroom.

She closed the door softly, turning to face the bed and seeing G staring back at her, eyebrows raised and a small smirk on his face.

"Hi baby," she smiled giddily, dropping her purse and jumping in his lap in the bed.

"Hey beautiful," he chuckled, wrapping his arms around her, kissing her smiling lips. "You had a good time, huh?" he asked. She nodded her head, taking her bottom lip between her teeth, looking him directly in his eyes.

He stared right back at her before leaning in to place kisses at her neck that time, making her eyes flutter closed, a satisfied hum vibrating through her. He pulled back to look at her one more time, laughing when he saw the excitement dancing behind her eyes.

"You're nasty, you know that?" he chuckled, sliding the straps of her dress down her shoulders. "Talm bout some gimme a baby," he continued, shaking his head.

"But you gon' do it, ain't you?" she smirked, tilting her head.

"Fuck yes. I'm gon give you three, take this off," he unzipped her dress and she gladly did as told.

hi again!

aw, baby is already one 🥺 him so grown uppp!

i also remember someone saying they need to go back to the club, so here they go, acting up in the club lol.

you think she's actually gonna get pregnant 👀? we shall see.

leave me some general thoughts and things you'd like to seeeeee.

I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!

in three or four chapters, Kismet is sadly coming to a close.

this book is so precious to me y'all have to know that. but i don't want it to be tooooo long lol. i wanna end it on a positive note :)

but! don't be too sad, because our favorite ballerina ,Nayeli, is getting a spin off. you read it here first guys.

Nayeli's spin off is coming soon! it is gonna be so much fun lol. i hope you all are just as excited as i am bc in VERY excited. the title and cover will probably be revealed in the last chapter/epilogue.

i love you guys sooo much and thanks for reading this very long authors note lol. it's 2:40 and i have an exam tomorrow so ima head out lol.

till next time 🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 497 64
Life was a confusing, stupid concept. We live to meet our soulmates; our timers tick tick tick, we meet our soulmates, we entertain ourselves, and th...
358K 14.1K 48
Fairytale kind of love... It's a mystery to Destiny, her dating history isn't the best example of fairytale love, honestly, it was never 'love' to be...
170K 13.6K 45
Is it possible to love when you've never been loved? How do you know the feeling? How can you differentiate between love and hate when the person tha...
737 48 6
Do you believe in destiny? Like it was meant to be? Soulmates are real and supposedly when you encounter your soulmate you both get this feeling as i...