Kismet

By astoldbylani

kis·met /ˈkizmit,ˈkizˌmet/ noun destiny; fate. how do you know when you've met your soulmate? More

cast✨|disclaimer
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxvii
xxxviii
xxxix
xl
xli
xlii
xliii
xliv

xxxiv

72.1K 3.5K 3.1K
By astoldbylani

song(s) for this chapter: blue X beyoncé

"Nadira why don't you listen huh?" Gionni asked as she was caught trying to pick Nayeli up off the couch.

"I didn't do anything babe!" she defended, stepping away from Nayeli's sleeping body. He stepped up instead and picked her up off the couch, she instantly got comfortable on his shoulder. She followed him up the stairs and into her room where he tucked her in and kissed her goodnight. She did the same and they went back downstairs to watch tv.

It was now April and Nadira was 38 weeks pregnant. She just had her cerclage removal done three days prior and had specific instructions to lay off of strenuous activities until their son was born. She was just so used to doing things like picking Nayeli up to take her to bed that she didn't consider it strenuous.

"Baby, Nayeli is nearly 55 pounds you can't just be picking her up, especially not when she's sleeping," he lectured, rubbing on her stomach. Her legs were thrown over his lap and she leaned into the crook of his neck. The fact that she loved to hang on him and be cuddled by him never changed, if anything it grew right along with their baby.

"I know," she pouted. "I'm sorry, I keep forgetting,"

"Mhm don't let that pregnancy brain get you popped girl," he joked, pinching her thigh. "You wanna get snacks?" he asked. Around this time of night, all she wanted was to eat and lay with him.

She pressed a kiss to his neck and shook her head.

"Nadira," he chuckled. "Don't start."

Not having sex was easier for him than it was for her. Pregnancy made her sex drive much higher and he constantly had to remind her that they couldn't, no matter how bad he wanted it. It didn't make it any better that they were reminded that her cervix needed extra healing after birth so the typical six weeks could become eight.

"Why not, baby?" she whined, kissing him again. He'd given in more than a few times and let her give him head, but he always felt bad when he couldn't give her anything back, so he tried his best to resist her.

"You know why, mama. Until I can get back up in you, I don't want you giving me nothing," he stated, making her groan. "What's the matter?"

"You taste good. I like doing it G, just let me," she rubbed her leg across his lap, knowing he was already hard. He sucked in a sharp breath, letting his eyes close. "Please?" she mumbled in his ear, taking his earlobe in her mouth.

"Okay okay, but this is the last time," he tried to warn as she freed him from his shorts.

"You said that last time," she smirked, making him laugh.

"Morning sexy," Gionni smirked as Nadira made her way downstairs in a fuzzy white robe, barely tied around her protruding belly. She had one of his t-shirts on and a pair of boy shorts, she barely cared to wear clothes nowadays.

"Good morning," she yawned, joining him at the island where he was working. He elected to work from home during the rest of her pregnancy and for the first few months of Omari's life. He didn't want to miss anything and he knew unless he needed to go onsite, all his work could get done from the comfort of his home. He could have meetings through skype and he had Harmony's phone number.

"You sleep okay?" he rubbed her back while she got comfortable on the stool.

"Outside of peeing every twenty minutes yes. I haven't had any bad dreams since the sentencing so I think I'm doing okay now" she nodded. She had been having nightmares since the trial, they'd always involve her trying to save herself from Ameera trying to hurt or kill her, and she always saw the terrifying look she was given in the courtroom.

Recently though, Guiliana let them know she'd been sentenced to 15 years for the attempted murder, an additional 5 for aggravated assault and another 5 for aggravated stalking with intent to harm, so in total, Ameera would be spending at least 25 years behind bars.

"Good, I'm glad to hear that mama." He spoke, moving his hand to rest on her stomach.

"Ow! Jesus, boy," she whined when he kicked at Gionni's hand. Now that he was nearly fully grown, his kicks would hurt sometimes, especially when they first woke up for the day. "Tell your son he don't play soccer, please," she shook her head.

"Peanut, we done talked about this boy," he chuckled, keeping his hand still. He kicked again, but softer that time, making them both laugh loudly. "Yeah, that's better baby," he kissed her stomach and turned back to his laptop.

"Ooh look its his little foot, hi stinky," she cooed, poking his foot that was imprinted in her stomach. Their doctor told them they may start seeing his hands or feet around 35 weeks and sure enough he started pushing his hands into her stomach at their appointment that week

She stood up a minute or two later, going to make herself breakfast. "You ate, papa?" she looked back at him. He shook his head, holding up his coffee. "Well, I'm gonna make us french toast...and strawberries," she liked her lips at the thought of them. She liked strawberries before but her son had her wanting them every day every minute and every hour.

"You and these damn strawberries," he laughed, "you done ran through more strawberries and cans of whipped cream than I ever seen," he spoke.

"Blame Omari," she shrugged. "He the one who wants em, I'm just taking care of my baby,"

"Yeah aight," he chuckled.

Nadira sang as she cooked, any song that popped into her head. Gionni enjoyed hearing her around the house singing, when she first moved in with him he used to catch her while she did laundry or did her hair or makeup and he'd just standby and listen. Sometimes he'd ask her to sing to him like she did on his birthday one year and although she'd blush and act nervous every time, she couldn't tell him no.

After she ate, she went to go do some cleaning. She was heavy into the nesting phase of her pregnancy and wanted everything clean and organized before Omari came. She was constantly doing his laundry and folding up clothes, putting diapers away and organizing all his shoes. They received a hell of a lot of gifts from their baby shower and it seemed like every time somebody came over they had gifts for him.

She did it for Nayeli too, her room hadn't been messy in weeks because Nadira was in there every single day refolding her clothes, hanging things up and making her bed before she had the chance to.

Rayne finished Omari's room a week or so ago and of Nadira wasn't with Gionni you could find her in there, putting some onesies away and organizing his socks by color. Gionni found it adorable.

"What you in here doing now, baby?" he asked, stepping into Omari's nursery. Rayne loved the theme of his baby shower so much she used it as inspiration for his nursery and everyone loved how it turned out.

"Saija and Vinny brought him some onesies yesterday, I had to wash them. I'm putting them away now," she smiled, folding the little clothes. 

"You're so damn cute," he chuckled. "C'mere angel," he waved his hand. She set the small basket of clothes down, walking into his awaiting embrace, looking up into his eyes. "He's gonna be here soon. This room is gonna have a baby in it. Our baby," he smiled warmly, rocking her from side to side.

"I know," she pouted, "I can't wait to meet him. I'm gonna cry so much," she laughed. "I can't even imagine how I'm gonna love him more than I already do,"

"When you see him you won't even know what hit you," he shook his head. "Love like that don't exist nowhere but in your kids eyes," he said knowingly. Nayeli was something like a miracle to him, he of course loved her when she was still in the womb but when he looked into her eyes for the first time his entire world changed for the better.

"I can't wait," she sighed, leaning her head on his chest. "Thanks for making me a mommy," she smiled.

"I wouldn't want anyone else to be the mother of my children," he kissed her forehead. "You need help in here?"

"If you want, you can fold his blankets I just washed," she pointed to the small pile. "They're all sets so you can put the swaddling blanket with the actual blanket," she instructed, going back to her nursing chair to finish her task.

"Yes ma'am," he chuckled, sitting in the corner across from her while they finished his laundry in a comfortable silence.

April 19th

"Mama! Can I get some skittles?" Nayeli called from the kitchen.

"You asked daddy?" she called back, flipping through channels till she settled on some Chopped reruns.

"Yes ma'am! He said ask you," she responded.

"Go head then, and can you bring me my strawberries and a bottle of water please mamas?"

"Yes ma'am," she responded. Nayeli had just gotten home from school an hour ago and since it was Friday she didn't have to take a nap. Even though she was getting older she still loved her a good nap after school. She never gave her parents a problem and she even requested to sleep after she did her homework.

Once Nayeli got settled back on the couch with her, they watched the show together, commenting on all the stupid choices the chefs were making as if they were the judges, picking who they'd eliminate and who they'd keep.

"Ew, nobody eats stuff like that," Dira scrunched up her nose at the tv.

"I know right, they just make anything," Nayeli shook her head, digging in her bag of skittles. Nadira laughed and agreed when her phone buzzed.

babymama💜: your goddaughter is coming girl

: bitch. say you swear

babymama💜: i swearrrr my water broke and these contractions five minutes apart suh

: OH MY GOD WE LEAVING NOW

"Guess what, Nai?" Nadira squealed.

"What happened?" she asked excitedly, sitting up straight.

"Your TT is in labor! Your god sister could be born today!" she clapped her hands and used the arms of the couch to push herself up fully, to go get Gionni from their room.

"Really?! Can I come?" she jumped up to follow Nadira up the steps.

"Yeah, get out your house clothes, boo. Gionni!" she called, entering their bedroom. He was laying across the bed, arm across his face, like he was sleeping. "Oop, sorry baby," she said when he moved his arm.

"It's okay, what's the matter?" he sat straight up, rubbing his eyes.

"Rayne's in labor," she poked her head from the closet where she was getting into something presentable. His eyes nearly bugged from his head at her words and he jumped up to follow her into the closet.

Once they were both ready, they called for Nayeli, who was already downstairs waiting and they left for the hospital.

"I can't believe you're about to have a baby," Dira pouted, holding her hand while she crunched on some ice, since she couldn't eat. She'd been in active labor for four hours now, but she only called everyone because her water finally broke. She was 8 centimeters dilated and very ready to push.

"Me either, chile. I don't know who miss lady thinks she is taking her sweet time but I'm ready to meet my princess," she sighed. "Xavier is so nervous," she laughed. "I was just chilling in the bed right, and I'm like these Braxton Hicks a lil strong this time around, because mine weren't really bad before. When my water broke, bitch I swear he screamed. Like at the top of his lungs, running around looking for my hospital bag and completely unpacking it, just to make sure we had everything,"

Nadira laughed as Xavier and Gionni reentered the room with Nayeli, who was still eating her skittles. "Bae you talking about me ain't you?" he asked, coming to stand at her side, just as another contraction hit, making her squeeze Nadira's hand. She didn't let go till the feeling passed, and by then, she couldn't feel her fingers.

"Sorry, pooh," she pouted as a nurse came in to check on her. She was trying her best to do a natural birth because she spooked herself out of an epidural, reading about all the ways it could possibly go wrong.

"Looks like we're at 9, mom! We can get ready to start pushing," the nurse said and both Rayne and Xavier's eyes went wide.

"Dira, could you get my mom when ya'll go out there?" she asked as they geared up to go in the waiting room.

"Sure babes. You got this! I can't wait to meet her," she smiled, blowing her a kiss before leaving the room.

As the time went by, more and more of their friends arrived at the hospital and they all sat around the waiting room, waiting for a nurse or doctor to update them on baby Cianna.

"This is really insane because you're next, sis," Vinny said. "Ya'll so close in pregnancy, I ain't even realize it was this close to the end of it already,"

"Yeah, this just made everything so real for me, like I'm finna be the one in there pushing him out," Dira agreed. "I don't know if I'm ready for all that pain man," she shuddered at the thought of a contraction. She did not do well with pain and she knew for a fact she would shed more than a few tears when the time came.

"My mama used to tell me it's like squeezing a watermelon out yo' nostril," Caine piped up, making Dira's jaw drop. "Hopefully it's not like that for you though," he said quickly once he saw her face fall.

"You dumb ass," Vinny laughed loudly, while Nadira sat there, trying to visualize a watermelon coming out of her nose.

Around 6:30, just as Nayeli was starting to get restless, a nurse in purple scrubs rounded the corner, with a big smile.

"You all are here for Rayne Franklin right?" she asked the group. They nodded eagerly, sitting up in their seats. "Well, you all can come on back," she waved them over and they followed her to their room. They made sure to use the tiny sink in the entrance to the maternity ward to wash their hands before entering the hall.

"Hi ya'll" Rayne smiled softly, holding a little wrapped up bundle. "Thank you for coming," she sniffed, like she'd been crying.

"Of course, babe!" Saija cooed. "How's Cici?" she asked. Rayne busted out laughing looking at them, all crowded by the door like they couldn't come all the way in the room.

"Come see for yourselves," X chuckled, waving them over to the bed. Happily, everyone crept over, careful to not be too loud as they leaned over to see her. Instantly everyone's heart melted as Cianna looked back at them with wide eyes.

"Oh my God...she's so precious, hi mama," Lourdes cooed, waving at the baby.

"You wanna hold her?" Rayne asked, lifing her toward Des.

"Please, can I?" Rayne laughed again, carefully handing Cianna to her friend. "Hi princess, oh my goodness, you're just so beautiful," she spoke. Usually, she didn't have much good to say about newborns, but Cici was actually a babydoll.

"How you feeling, baby mama?" Nadira asked, sitting in the chair by Rayne while everyone else fawned over the baby.

"Girl...I'm tired," she said honestly, making both girls laugh. "But I'm so happy, she's gorgeous and I love her," she pouted, glancing over to her daughter, who was now being passed to Vinny.

"I'm so happy for you, boo. You're gonna be the best mommy," she smiled at her friend.

"Thank you, friend. It means so much,"

After Cianna was held by all of her aunts and uncles, she was given to her Godfather, who was completely enamored by her. "You're so pretty, mama. Yes you are, hi gorgeous," he smiled warmly at her, walking over to where Nadira was sitting. "You see your God mommy? She's so excited to meet you, Cici," he kept talking to her as she stared up at him.

"Oop look at her staring, she love him already," Rayne laughed as Gionni handed her to Nadira.

"Same, pumpkin. Oh my goodness, look at my Godbaby. You are just the cutest thing, precious," she gasped. "Hello mama, hi! It's your God mommy speaking. I can't wait to come steal you from your mama and daddy," she cooed, making Xavier shake his head with a chuckle.

Nayeli was next in line, sitting in her Godfather's lap eagerly with her arms out. "Okay, mamas. You gotta hold her head up okay? Like that, good job, Nai," Xavier instructed as Rayne placed Cianna in her arms.

"She looks like a babydoll, Uncle X," she stared at Cianna in awe. She forgot what it was like to see a newborn, even though Egypt and Cairo were born when she was just five. "can I give her a kiss?" she asked, turning to look at her parents.

"Sure precious," Rayne smiled. Nayeli leaned down and gently kissed her forehead, making everyone coo at the two girls.

"Hi God sissy, it's me, Nayeli," she spoke like Cianna understood. "I can't wait till you're a big girl so we can go to the mall, and I can teach you ballet, and we can play dress up in my room and watch Princess and the Frog, you're gonna love it because Tiana a black princess, like us," she nodded knowingly.

Everyone stayed for a little while longer before visiting hours were over, and they wanted to keep Ray and Cici overnight, so they had to say goodnight to everyone.

"Bye TT, Bye Cici, Bye uncle" Nayeli waved, head on Gionni's shoulder. She was way past ready for bed, and everyone was talking too much for her liking.

"Bye booboo, sleep well,"Rayne blew kisses at them. "Drive safe, G, love you," she waved.

"Love you too sis. Let us know when we can come visit," he said & she nodded. Nadira waved as well, hand on her stomach.

"You not my bump bestie no more but it's okay, I still love you. Y'all have a good night," she smiled at the new parents.

"Girl you comin' right after me, I saw how my nephew was in there kicking, he wanna meet his God sister," she laughed. "Love you too, babe, get some sleep," she blew one last kiss and they were on their way home.

It was the middle of the night now and Dira had just woken up to pee for what felt like the millionth time.

"Ugh my goodness," she groaned, standing up slowly once she was done. Lately her back had really been killing her, and her feet swelled if she was on them for two minutes. "You really want me to sit my pregnant ass down, huh stinky boy?" she poked his hand that was imprinted in her stomach.

She waddled back to the bed, throwing the covers back and slipping back into the warm covers. A deep sigh came from her lips as she got comfortable again, thankful it didn't take as long as it usually would because she usually tossed and turned for at least 15 minutes.

Gionni groaned in his sleep, turned on his side and reached his arm out for Nadira, like he always did at least once a night. He liked having her close while he slept, so he knew she wasn't gone, but since she'd been pregnant that got interrupted sometimes because she rarely slept straight through the night. She never stopped him, though, she always went to him.

Once her back was flat against his chest, he reached his hand around her body and rested it on her belly. She knew he was probably half awake right now. He kissed the skin behind her ear softly, and she smiled. "I love you, baby," he whispered huskily into her ear and her eyes involuntarily rolled to the back of her head.

Okay little boy I'm gonna need you to come on out because mama is suffering, she thought to herself, drifting off to sleep, knowing her dreams wouldn't help a bit.

hiiiii!

it's a new yearrrrrr, new chapter 🥰

baby cianna has arrived! we'll see pictures of her soon lol. omari is on his way ❤️

nadira is a hot mess lol somebody come get their girl.

lemme know some thoughtsss!

till next time 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

424 12 5
If there are many different ways to know your soulmate, would you take the chance? Initially for a story contest but wanted to test out my ideas well...
6.3K 235 34
❤ || According to Urban dictionary, a soulmate is a person with whom you have an immediate connection the moment you meet -- a connection so strong t...
41.3K 2.2K 68
What are the odds of two strangers from two completely different worlds meeting and falling in love? Will they make it work or cut ties forever?
2.6K 135 16
Character is destiny. -Heraclitus In which a student falls in love with his Humanities professor.