Save me, please. [Todobaku]

By vaneeboo

Bakugou has been acting different than his usual prideful, arrogant and angry self. Everything has come crash... More

How to read this story (updated)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (Last Chapter)
Extra chapter (small)
got tagged-

Chapter 24

4.3K 156 246
By vaneeboo

I felt my stomach churn when the first idea I had of 'doing something about it' was suicide. I stared down at my hands, they were shaking violently. I looked at Shouto and he looked like he had the same thought.

~~~~~~~~~

Third Person POV:

It was Tuesday and Midoriya was scribbling away in his notebook in the comfort of his All Might merch filled dorm room. He had caught on slightly about Bakugou and Todoroki's change in behavior, Todoroki's only being subtle.

Bakugou had been shouting less, not shouting at all at this point, abruptly leaving in the middle of class occasionally, he and Todoroki had developed noticeable eye bags and they both had a slight limp. Though yesterday and today they looked like they were forcing themselves to move, it was painful to watch. They gave the excuse of "we were just sparring" but Midoriya was having none of it.

He looked into mental illnesses, such as PTSD, anxiety, depression and tested if the symptoms matched up to the two boy's new daily behaviors. Though it didn't help much as he didn't know exactly what they were thinking and feeling. But he still tried. He desperately wanted to help them, hoping they would go back to their usual selves. Though he did enjoy his childhood friend treating him nicely for once..

One of the big breakthroughs he had made was that he may or may not had seen scars and cuts around their wrists, he wasn't sure but he may have saw a glimpse of one on their chests. He felt sad just thinking about it.

He suddenly stopped writing completely. What would he do if he found out? Get them help? What if they didn't want it? Or they began to dislike him for meddling with their lives?
He didn't want that. He loved having Todoroki as a friend and Bakugou as his classmate, he couldn't bare the thought of them disliking him, even though Bakugou hated him in the past.

He got up and clapped his hands, feeling determined. He would help them, if something was wrong. He left his room and set out to find the two boys.

~~~~~~~~~

Midoriya's POV:

To my surprise, Kacchan and Todoroki were sitting in the lounge. I guessed they would be in their dorm rooms? It's 7:24 pm!

I walk closer and hear...Sniffling? Is one of them crying? But they're both looking at the floor.. I can't imagine Kacchan crying so it must be Todoroki.. Maybe this is my chance to talk to them?

I cautiously sit beside Todoroki on the couch, since that was the only available spot. I look over at them and give them a big smile. Oh.. Oh my god. They're both crying?! Kacchan looks like he's been crying for longer than Todoroki. Ok, something is DEFINITELY up!

"Are you both ok? Did something happen?" I say, glancing to the floor then to their wrists. I see a small cut on Todoroki's wrist and faint scars on Kacchan's, I think.

"Y-yeah, just fine.. Midoriya." Kacchan mumbles, sniffling and wiping a tear falling down his cheek. This is a surprising sight to see. I can see Todoroki wipe his eyes from the corner of my eye, I can feel my heart sink at the sight of them crying..

"Is there anything you want to talk about?" I suggest. They look at each other for a moment before Todoroki shakes his head and sighs. "We're fine, Midoriya.." He says, gritting his teeth. He looks intimidating like that..

I look at Kacchan, incase he wants to talk, but he clearly doesn't. He accidently lets out a loud sob and covers his mouth quickly in panic. I frown and catch his eye, another tear falls down his cheek.

"Do you maybe..." I pause. "Need a hug?" I finish, holding out my arms. They looked shocked for a moment until Kacchan jumps into my arms, almost knocking me over. Todoroki smiles and rubs Kacchan's back. Kacchan's holding onto my neck so hard that I can barely breathe!

Now that I have a closer look... Todoroki has a bruise on his cheek, and his bottom lip looks damaged.  He must've noticed I was looking at him, because he turned his head away so I couldn't see the bruise.

"T-thanks.." Kacchan mumbles into my shoulder, I just hum and hug him tighter.

"W-we're just not feeling our best...Lately." Todoroki says, breaking the silence. Kacchan finally lets go and looks down at the floor, looking as if words were difficult.

And then I saw it..

Kacchan's sleeved was rolled halfway up his forearm, it was covered in scars and cuts. It looked like millions. I can see harsh burn marks around, 3 or 4 from what I can see. My breathing comes to a stop and I can feel myself go pale.

No..

I can see the start of 2 cuts on the part of Todoroki's chest that isn't covered, they looked pretty deep.. They look at me, startled, Kacchan quickly pulls down his sleeve and gets up abruptly, Todoroki follows him up the stairs.

I can't believe it. I take out my phone and text Uraraka, telling her to meet me down here. I need to do something.

~~~~~~~~~

"You saw WHAT?!"

"Quiet down!" I hush Uraraka, pressing my hand over her mouth to stop further shouting. She immediately shuts up and lets me continue speaking.

"I saw it. Cuts on their arms. They were both crying too! Something. Is. WRONG!" I exclaim, pulling on my curly green locks, something I do when I'm stressed. Uraraka looks as shocked as I was, in complete disbelief. I still am, but you get it.

"I-I need to tell Tsuyu-" She stutters while fumbling around in her pocket for her phone. I was about to stop her, but more people the better, right?

Right..?

"Get down to the lounge now! This is urgent!" Uraraka yells into her phone. I twirl my head around when I hear footsteps. I see Kirishima with his hair down, looking confused and slightly shocked.

"What's going on?" He asks, taking a seat beside me and placing his can of Pepsi on the table. I think for a moment, Kirishima is Kacchan's best friend so.. It would be best if he knew about his current situation? Yeah, that sounds right.

I begin to tell him about what I saw once Tsuyu sits down with us, they both turn pale when I mention the cuts. I can feel my stomach do flips when I think back to it.

"Bakugou would never..." Kirishima starts, sounding lost for words. "He wouldn't...!"

"It's true.." I say trying to comfort him and placing a hand on his shoulder. He nods his head hesitantly and looks down.

"What are we going to do?" He asks, to which I clap my hands, feeling determined.

"We'll find out what's wrong, and help both of them!" I exclaim, trying my best to sound enthusiastic despite the situation. The others nod and Kirishima gets up quickly, looking very distraught unlike his usual cheery smile.

We sit in silence for a while, until Uraraka speaks up. "We should get going to bed.. It's late after all." She gives us a nervous smile, probably still shaken by the previous topic. We agree and get up and go back to our dorm rooms.

~~~~~~~~~

Todoroki's POV: 

I open my eyes to see never ending darkness. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to move. I can only turn my head to look around.

After what felt like hours I start to hear whispers, replicating the voice of my father's.

"Weak"

"Emotionless"

"Weakling"

"Waste of space"

"Lonely"

"NO!" I scream, finally being able to move my arms since I can now claw at my hair. I scan my surroundings hurriedly until my eyes land on someone...

Katsuki..

"You're a waste of my time." He growls before walking off into the darkness, disappearing. Never coming back.

That drove me over the edge. I start screaming and crying and clawing at my hair until my scalp feels numb, but I continue pulling at the strands of red and white hair. I throw myself onto the ground but somehow I'm falling, I was standing just seconds ago? How am I falling? I'm still screaming and as I open my eyes to look up, I see Katsuki above me. He looks like he's shouting at me but the whispers drown his voice out, his shouts becoming muffled then into silence.

~~~

I wake up on the floor of my dorm, Aizawa and some other students are crouched down trying to calm me down. I put my hand over my mouth to stop the screaming but I can't stop. My eyes race around the room, searching for Katsuki. They land on him and he looks the same as me, traumatized, screaming, crying, distraught, you name it. He faces me and stops screaming, and so do I.

We both get up and run towards each other, our bodies slamming against one another in a tight hug. We're both clawing at each other's clothes like we're afraid the other will disappear. And I am afraid of it.

Katsuki lets out another loud scream and clutches onto my neck while I let out a loud sob and almost rip his shirt right off of him as I'm still clawing at it, pulling him closer. I can feel everyone else's eyes on us as we cry and let out occasional shouts.

~~~~~~~~~

(Katsuki's nightmare) 

(!!!MAJOR BLOOD WARNING!!!)

The fog clears and I see that I'm in my room, sitting on my bed. I place my feet on the ground and stand up, but my feet feel wet...

I look down and see a thin coating of blood covering the floor, glistening and waving slightly like a calm ocean. I stumble back a bit but my bed isn't there anymore. I look around frantically and see blood pouring slowly out of the corners and creases in the walls, making the blood on the floor rise. I run over to my room door, the blood splashing beneath me. I yank on the handle but the door won't budge.

I look down at my arms and see all my cuts and scars have reopened, now with blood pouring out of them and adding to the blood on the floor. To this point the blood is to my knees and it's harder to move, like the blood is making me stiffen.

All of a sudden the blood rises up a huge amount, it's up to my elbows now. I try to look for something I can stand up on, to keep me from drowning in the dark red liquid.
But... I'm not in my room anymore. All the furniture and decorations are gone, the walls and ceiling are now pitch black. Not even the brightest of lights could bring light to it.

I look across the unfamiliar room to see..Shouto.. He looks like he's struggling to keep his head up from the rising blood. I'm screaming and yelling his name, reaching out my hand so he can hopefully grab it. But I'm too far away. We both burst into tears as we try to grab each other, but the blood that splashes the walls red is keeping us apart.

A huge wave splashes over him and.. He doesn't come back up. I've lost him. He's gone. I couldn't reach him!

~~~

I shoot up out of my dream, screaming and in tears. My classmates are around me, looking scared and worried.

~~~~~~~~~

1935 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 116 7
whole story is from Kenma's pov I wrote this in the notes on my phone and decided to post it on here now I don't own the fanart I used for the cover
225K 7.9K 40
"Everyone is going to make fun of us" The two boys stay stunned in the hallway of the school. One with tears, the other with a scowl. "I don't car...
108K 1.6K 35
(Number Five x Female OC) Highest Rankings: #1 #numbereight #1 #numberfive #1 #benhargreeves #1 #aidangallagher #1 #allisonhargreeves After one of...
29K 530 9
Dekubaku/ Bakudeku; Short Stories • Fluff[F] • Smut[M] • Angst[A] • Requests are currently closed. If you would still like something written you can...