The Life of Elizabeth Jane

By thezookeeper2013

The Life of Elizabeth Jane a girl stuck as the youngest of six older brothers. Her life, her wacky stories of... More

Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: The Tussle
Chapter 3: The Revenge
Chapter 4: The Musical Performance
Chapter 5: A Guilty Conscious
Chapter 5: Forgiving
Chapter 6: The Accident
Chapter 7: A Walk in the Rain
Chapter 8: An Empty Swing
Chapter 9: I Told Them They Were Going To Get in Trouble
Chapter 10: Welcome Home
Chapter 11: The Girl
Chapter 12: Disapproval or Approval
Chapter 13: Attitude Problem
Chapter 14: Broomsticks and Witches
Chapter 16: What Am I Suppose To Do With Out My Best Friend
Chapter 17: The Fight
Chapter 18: SNOW!
Chapter 19: Dancing
Chapter 20: Who Told Mom?
Chapter 21: Scare House
Chapter 22: Goodbye TJ
Chapter 22: Drunk
Chapter 23: Worst Brother Ever!
Chapter 24: Trying to Fix it
Chapter 25: Home and Away
Chapter 26: The Stoaway
Chapter 27: Punishment
Chapter 28: Apologies
Chapter 29: The Tree
Chapter 30: Christmas
A Side Note
The Final Chapter

Chapter 15: Halloween Turned Disaster

1.5K 37 23
By thezookeeper2013

Two days later it was Halloween and Ellie got to go out by herself. She had made a vampire outfit for Tuck. Who wasn't to happy about it.

"The Bewitching hour is about to begin!" yelled Edward up the stairs.

Ellie came bounding the stairs with Tuck, all dressed up.

"Picture time" said Nancy.

Ellie kneeled down next to Tuck and Nancy took the picture.

All her brothers came in laughing a little, but smiling.

"You look great Ellie" said TJ.

Annie and Chace came in.

"Ah" yelled Annie, "Is that you Ellie?" asked Annie, "You are a very convincing witch."

Ellie smiled "Thanks!"

Chace hugged her.

"Tuck looks miserable" said Chace.

"He does not, he likes it" said Ellie.

"Ya sure" said John.

"Alright" said Nancy, "Here is my phone, answer it when I call if not, you are coming straight home, you understand me?"

"Yes mam" said Ellie.

"Now pay attention, don't talk to strangers, don't eat any candy till I check it, stay together, be home by 9" said Nancy, "and if you need anything Jesse is working."

"Dear, she will be fine" said Edward, "Bye sweetie have fun!"

Ellie left to me her friends for trick o treating.

It was almost 9 Ellie knew she was going to be late, so she called her mom and told her she was going to the police station and wait for Jesse. Her mother was ok with it, but she said she better get there by 9.

She started to Run, Tuck was behind her. She ran across the street, before she could react she saw a car come flying the down the street and hit Tuck. There was horrible sound and a yelp.

Ellie screamed.

"TUCK!!!" she yelled.

Meanwhile inside the police station, Jesse, Danny, and Kevin heard everything.

"Ellie" said Jesse.

They all ran out the door.

Kevin grabbed Ellie and held her back, Danny and Jesse ran to Tuck. They picked Tuck up and carried to Jesse's truck.

"Tuck" said Ellie crying.

"It will be ok" said Kevin.

"Keving take Ellie home" said Jesse.

"No I'm coming" said Ellie.

"No Ellie" said Jesse as he got in his truck.

Keving drove Ellie home the whole time, she was crying. He took her into the house. Ellie was greated by John, She ran to him and jumped into his arms crying. He held her hugging her.

"What happened?" asked John.

Everyone gathered.

"Tucker was hit by a truck, Jesse and Danny took him to vet" said Kevin.

"Who was it?" asked Edward.

"I don't know the car, hit and ran, I got to get back the station, I'm sorry Ellie" he said patting her back.

Everyone stood in silence.

Ellie was crying excessively.

"Its going to be okay" said John, rubbing her back.

She didn't respond.

Everyone was really upset and shocked.

Nancy came and took Ellie into embrace. So did Edward.

"I'm going to go down there" said Edward, grabbing his coat and keys.

"Elizabeth Jane, my dear, I want you to stay here with your brothers, its going to be okay, I'm going to down to the station to figure out who did this" said Nancy.

"No your aren't your staying here" said Edward.

"Edward" said Nancy forcefully, "I'm going who ever did this to my daughter, is going to pay."

Edward didn't agrue back and they left.

"I will drop you off on my way" said Edward.

Chace then picked up Ellie, she wrapped her arms around his neck and cried into his shoulder.

"Ellie why don't you go change" said Chace.

She shook her head.

"Alright" said Chace.

He carried her into the living room and sat down with her on the couch, he held her close she rested her head on his chest.

She never said a word, either did everyone else, they all wanted to keep calm though.

"Ellie what color was the car, and what kind of car?" asked TJ.

"It was red and was a truck, like yours Chace" said Ellie.

Holding back tears.

John handed Chace a tissue and Chace wipped her face.

"John go call the station" said Chace.

 John got up and went to call.

Back at the veterinary hospital....

The Veterinary came out, Ms. Timble

She shook her head.

"I'm sorry" she said.

Jesse hung his head.

Danny patted him on the back.

"He is still breathing but badly hurt, there is no way to save him, you should probably have Elizabeth Jane come down here and say goodbye" said Ms Timble.

Jesse shook his head and got out his phone, just then his dad walked in.

"Theres no way to save him" said Danny, "Jesse is calling the house, for someone to bring Ellie down here to say goodbye."

Edward sighed.

"May I see him" said Edward.

"Sure" said Ms. Timble.

Meanwhile Jesse called the house, TJ answered.

"TJ you need to bring Ellie down here, he isn't going to last much longer" said Jesse.

"Ok" said TJ hanging up and going to tell the others.

"Jesse said we need to get down there" said TJ.

Ellie sat up, "I know he doesn't have much more time and I need to say goodbye."

Chace took her hand and they headed out.

Back at the Vets hospital....

Edward was in the back saying goodbye to Tucker. He sat down on a stool in front of him and began to pet him.

"I know I was never really fond of you, but I want to thank you for being my daughter's best friend, protecting her, loving her, looking after her, and saving her" said Edward, "She wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for you. I want you to know that your were a great dog, a great dog."

Tucker licked his hand.

"Just hang on for Ellie" said Edward getting up and leaving.

A few minutes later, Ellie still in her costume came.

"You want me to go with you?" asked Edward.

"No" said Ellie, "I want to do it on my own."

She walked through the back door. Everyone stood there just watching, they knew how hard it was going to be.

Ellie stopped when she saw him.

She began to cry and sat down next to him and began to pet him.

"I;m sorry" said Ellie, "I'm sorry this happened"

Tucker licked her hand.

"Your were a great friend, you saved me, you were always there to listen when no one else was, I don't know what I'm going to do when your gone, your my best friend."

She continued talking, Nancy arrived and everyone could hear the conversation. Nancy was crying and everyone else had tears in their eyes.

She then just laid there with her head next to his and petted his head.

"Its ok Tucker, you can go, I know your in pain, don't worry I will be fine" said Ellie.

Tucker than closed his eyes.

"Thank you" she said softly.

Tucker's breathing soon ended. Ellie just laid there longer crying and petting him. She knew he was gone, but didn't want to believe it.

Ms. Timble soon came, Ellie stood up.

"He's gone" said Ellie.

Ms. Timble gave Ellie a hug.

"I'm sorry dear" said Ms. Timble.

Ellie looked at Tucker and then kissed his head before leaving, she opened the doors and just stood there looking out at her family. The tears then came on hard again and she just stood there and cried, Chace got up and picked her up and hugged her, everyone gave her a hug and then they left.

Tucker Ellie's best friend had died.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Apricity By

Teen Fiction

48.1K 1.7K 48
Julie lived about a normal life anyone could have. Sure, her mother wasn't home very often, but it's not like they had a terrible relationship. Simpl...
210K 6.9K 36
After years of abuse Anastasia has shut herself within emotionless walls. Even if the physical and mental abuse have broken her to the high extent, h...
11K 176 6
NOTE: I OWN NOTHING, THIS IS PURELY FANFICTION AND IS NOT MINE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO RICK RIORDAN. SAME WITH THE COVER. THE COVER IS A COMBINATION...
65.7K 2.6K 37
แด…ษชแด แด‡ส€ษขแด‡ษดแด›; แด›แด‡ษดแด…ษชษดษข แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แดส€ แด…แด‡แด แด‡สŸแดแด˜ ษชษด แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แด…ษชส€แด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด๊œฑ.