Beautifully Broken - Open End...

By SeraphiraLilith

After surviving a suicide attempt Izuku went down the wrong path. He ran away from home, started drinking and... More

Informations & Warnings
Origin of a Killer
What it takes to forget
Roaring Mind
Finish Line
What I can do
Nerds
Students vs. School
Tenya's Startline
Just do your Best
Dealing with the Unknown
Game over - Restart? - Press 'Play'
Herokiller Stain
In our Hearts
That's the Plan
Party
A quirky Way
Strategy!
Battle finale
A boy born with Nothing
Defeated
Challengers
Shouto vs. World
Shouto Todoroki: Rising
Fight on!
Shouto vs. Katsuki
Pick your Poison
Bizarre
Against the Herokillers
The Aftermath
Low Point
Everyone
Listen to a Tale
Examintion
Surveye: Rising
Without Varnish
Katsuki Bakugo: Fight
Collision
Not a chapter - still important!
Let the Games begin
Calm, Calm
Kota & Eri
My Villain
Extra Scenes & Epilouge

Spying-Eye and Death-Hand

1.4K 57 43
By SeraphiraLilith

************** Flashback *************

How long it took until the police removed the video of Stain's speech unsuccessfully from the internet?

Three days.

Who long it took until Midoriya began to participate in the editing, copying and spreading the message of his teacher?

Eighteen hours.

Until the League brought out their video which was contradicting Surveyes?

Twenty-one hours.

And how much time it took for Stains heir to get into the headlines after his teacher officially was brought to jail?

Twenty minutes.

"- it is a high possibility that the killer and broker 'Surveye', who is thought to have had a familial relationship to the 'Herokiller Stain', is the culprit behind this attack."

The news were flooding the whole city.

Fifteen minutes ago somebody had entered a rather small heroangency. They had sabotaged and locked the doors and windows sometime previously and today they had cut down the wiring of the building.
The doors had been closed from the inside and the Surveye had been scrawled over the front door in red paint.

The massacre that was taking place inside these walls had been planned to the point and the rather weak heroes that had been in the office were butchered one after the other with frightening accuracy.

Panting the killer swiped the blood off the glass of his mask so that he could see again.

That was number eleven which meant that there were two to go.

With quiet, yet on the blood-soaked carpet hearable, wet steps, the one-eyed wandered through the rooms.

Everywhere corpses were lying around with twisted arms and legs, dead eyes and cut open throats.

The people who had owned a physic Quirk had lost this body part and the two cases of mutations were defaced and sliced into little pieces so that they would be hard to tell apart and identify.

Izuku found a lot of good parts in his life as a murderer.
And one was that he finally could let quirked people suffer from the hate he felt for them.

The mask covered up well how exhausted the killer looked like. His eyes were bloodshot, glassy and puffy, beneath them were black eyebags, his lips were chapped and his skin was the same unhealthy pale tone like back when he had been with the Gang.

But he didn't let his agony reach the outer surface by grooming himself meticulously and to perfection.
His hair was washed, cut and combed, he was as well trained as always, the bandages at his arms were replaced each day, his laundry had been done just as often and his weapons were in their best condition since he got them.

He couldn't afford the luxury of letting himself go. He had a purpose, a duty that he had to fulfill.

He rested to halt and closed his eye.

One of the most important lessons that Stain though him: Always use all your senses.

Suppressed, gasping breaths reached his ears combined with silent whimpers.

He found his missing targets.

His expression was serious when he pulled the little closet over and stomped a hole into the back of it.

He had heard the clatter and the yelps when the wooden box fell and knew where which person was.
With a single one fluid motion, he rammed his blade though the wood and impaled one of the heroes, the other one was exactly beneath his foot and was trembling and sobbing pathetically.

Damn fakes!

Surveye took his shoe from the cracked shoulder of the man beneath him and bend down to pull his last victim for the day out of the closet.

The man was taller than the teen and one would have thought he also was stronger than the small boy in front of him, but it wasn't like that.

With ease Stains, successor pushed the hero against the wall where the man just kept standing and trembled of fear.

"Y-you're not g-g-going t-to g-get a-away w-with this! A-all M-m-might is g-going t-t-to b-b-bring y-you t-to justice!", yelled the man in panic before he got pinned to the wall with the blade.
The masked villain had driven it through his shoulder.

"I should hope so. You have to know I am a big fan of his.",
said the boy and for a heartbeat, a smirk crept onto his lips before he turned serious again and mumbled quietly, just for himself to hear: "Killing is not for fun. You mustn't feel any kind of joy by doing it. Or you're no better than the ones you despise."

The hero had the feeling that his heart was about to jump out between his ribs or burst. It beat too fast, too much blood flowed through it, with too much pressure.

This boy… this child - this killer was seconds away from murdering him or maiming him permanently and that was so wholly surreal and frightening.

It could not happen. 
It must not happen!
It could not be true that a teen had so much blood lust, murder intent, hate and sadism inside of him.

"You were the one to create this hellhole.", told the smaller one after straightening his mind again and pushed up the green mirrored glass covering his left eye with his gloved hand so that the man was able the intelligent, glowing, tired, bloodshot emerald.
"You were the one to gather this group of beatniks and let them terrorize the city.
I am going to leave you alife - for now at least - so that you can tell everyone about what I did. And so that you can bring them this message: 'UA-High teaches two students in their hero-class A who long ago wasted their chance to become heroes. I demand that you set a warning example with them that this scum of society, does not get a chance at performing such a valuable profession.'
I want to hear exactly that in the news, today! Word for word! Understood?!"

The man nodded panicked.
He would do everything just to stay alive.

The green-eyed boy smiled and patted the adult's cheek just a bit too harsh before he pulled a long, serrated knife from his upper-leg holster.

The sobs, the trembling and the loud begging of the man soon were replaced by a terrible screeching that was even hearable on the outside and forced down a shudder at every one's back who was within earshot.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Dammit! I let myself go again.", mumbled the curlyhead and dragged both of his hands over his face.

The man was alive; however he was also paraplegic and his hands were missing, plus the addition of cuts littering his arms from his wrists to his shoulders in grotesque, mindless patterns that screamed of sadism and schadenfreude.

Right now Surveyes message was repeated over and over on every channel. A lot of analysts were taking his words apart in talk shows and examined them for the smallest of detail.
Criminologists and heroes were questioned about Stains heir. The opinions were close but it was interesting to see who stayed professional as others openly and shamelessly screamed their opinion into the world.

And the worst thing: There still was no answer from the school.
UA surrounded itself in silence and made every reporter and journalist freak out.

The greenette sat on his sofa in front of the TV and watched one of the analyses that were a bit more interesting than the others and wasn't so far fetched.

His thoughts wandered back to the moment where he finally let go of his last victim.

He really had to pull himself together to not let his newfound side, which had fun when he killed people, get free reign.
He would have done whatever and if Stain still would have been with him he would have suffered a true punishment.

Normally the older killer had been like a father to him and caring but this one time Izuku said that he could try to kill a civilian as an exercise, that had changed rapidly for one week.
He had to sleep in the supply closet without a futon, a blanket or a pillow, got less food (just enough that he didn't lose his form) and his drinks which only had been water for this week, had been rationed, he wasn't allowed to use the TV, computer, mobile, phone or books, and his mentor refused to talk to him.

Of course, he had known that it would happen. Akaguro had explained to him in detail what exactly he had done wrong and why the punishment would be like it was.
But if one were to say that Izuku had endured it without any complaints would be lying, yet he had understood and accepted the timeout the punishment had been and lived through it suffering silently.

The worst thing about it in his opinion? 
That he couldn't talk to anyone at all because he also had been locked away in the flat.
None the less he wished that he would have to go through this torture once again.

Everything would be better than the knowledge that his father… - then the knowledge that his father was locked away into jail so that he could be out here.

He doesn't really deserve to represent these ideals and goals and to carry them on. For that, he found it too satisfying today to cut open all those people.

Thoughtfully he looked at his mobile.
If he should call Shouto?
Was he even allowed to?

He would like to meet up with his friend.
Maybe he should bring a little present to the hospital where Shouto was staying?
That did not sound like a bad idea.

And with this decision, Izuku grabbed his jacket, put on his shoes and went out to get a little something for his darling hero.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Being rather proud of himself the greenette exited the shop.
He got a small gift made out of three flowers that meant as much as 'Love ya' please get well soon'.

The teen had to admit that he had no idea if that was true but in the end, the goodwill is the important part, ain't it?

The other half of his gift was books.

Back in the past, it had been a big series that exited a lot of teens but by now the mass-produced literature was scarce and had a high antique worth - especially if they were signed by the author just like the five books he got thanks to his contacts.

He hoped that the 'Percy Jackson'™ books were to Shoutos liking but it sounded like his friend might be able to identify with some of the characters. 

So with a splendid mood, he went on his merry way to the hospital in which Shouto was taken care of with a heavy wooden box and a bouquet.

It had been a while since he had seen one of these from the inside.
Nervously he looked up to the roof of the hospital when he stood in front of it.

And it hit him like a brick why it had been so long.
He hated hospitals.

His memories surrounding these places were bad, dark and distorted by alcohol, pain, and drugs.

Sighing he pulled up his face-mask with a print before covering his head with his hood.

He knew which room Shoutos was and he just had to get there unnoticed and hope that his hero did not hate him enough to call the police.

As unsuspiciously as it was possible for him he mixed himself into the crowd and truly, nobody paid him a second thought when he walked through the lobby to the wing for the patients.

In the hallways of this part, it was much calmer but the villain feared to uncover himself, should there be any cameras of staff close by.

There was nobody in front of the door to Shoutos room but he was sure that it was the right one because there, on this little sign beneath the room number, was the name 'Shouto Todoroki'.

Looked like it was a one-person room.

After a short moment of hesitating and a deep breath, the murderer knocked at the door and waited insecurely for the allowance to enter.

"Who's there?"

He frowned. That was not Shoutos voice.

Hesitantly he opened the door and saw a doctor changing the bandages around Shoutos head.
The thought that he was the reason for this wound made a little needle pierce his heart.

"Zuko Idori. I am a friend of Shoutos and I thought I should visit him after hearing that he got injured. But looks like I arrived at an unfitting moment. I'll wait in the hallway until you're ready, sir.", he said, though his voice became quieter toward the end and then he went out again and sat down at the wall opposite of Shoutos room.

He knew it was a big risk that he took because the other teen could tell the doctor everything, but he trusted Shouto.

After a while, the door opened and the man in the gown seemed to be surprised by finding him here on the floor.
"You can visit Todoroki-san now but try to not agitate him."

"I'll be extra careful.", confirmed Surveye with a smile and stood up before he picked up his wooden box and flowers.

Before the man could say anything else the boy limped past him into the room where Endeavor's son was waiting for him, sitting upright in his bed.

"What do you want, Izuku?", asked Shouto cooly as soon as the curlyhead closed the door behind himself with a foot.

The smaller teen shrugged, laid the flowers down on one of the tables and opened his box which did not only contain the books but also a small plastic-vase.

Without reacting to the question he went to the bathroom, filled the container with water, added the fertilizer the nice lady had given to him and placed the small bouquet in the life-giving liquid just to place the artistic vase on Shoutos side-table.

After that he fetched the wooden box and placed it on a chair he pulled into Shoutos reach.

"I hoped I could talk to you.",
mumbled the one-eyed and looked the floor uncertainty before he continued,
"And I wanted to apologize. Because of me you are injured and couldn't finish your internship."

The UA-student pulled up a brow at that.
"And because of that, you risk getting caught and being locked away just like your dear father?"

"Yes."

That started the taller one.

The villain rushed to change the subject by stalking towards his box and opening it.

"I g-got you a bit more than just flowers!", he choked out and felt how the sweat started to cover his forehead.

He hoped Shouto would like his gift but he could not be sure… and what if Shouto already owned the books?
His father was Endeavor, number two hero and on the list of the most-well-earning people of the world. Of course, he had the money to buy stuff like that.

His sweaty hands slipped off the polished wood and the box fell shut while the broker chewed on his lower lip with a miserable expression.

He wanted that his friend liked the books but it was more likely that Shouto would throw them after him as he chased him away as soon as he saw them.

Nervously he started to fidget with his fingers until a cool hand placed itself on top of them.

Scared the greenette rose his head but Shoutos hard expression as softened.

"Show it to me before you start beating yourself up over it.", said the other boy in a calming voice and gave Izuku the courage he needed.

"O-o-ok-kay.", stuttered the smaller one and opened the box anew after wiping his hands dry on his trousers.

When the box was open his eyes stayed disbelieving on his shaking, scarred hands.

Where were his gloves?!

His thoughts started swirling and he felt how the panic attack closed in from behind with a shed knife and ready to bury the poisoned blade in his mind once more.

"Izuku."

He couldn't move anymore.

He heard Shouto sigh and then there was a pair of white medical gloves in his line of sight. 

He took them gratefully and pulled on although it took a while because his hands were twitching with nerves and he just couldn't keep them calm.

"Th-thanks.", he took a deep breath and let his nerves calm down before he concentrated on his actual task.

"Thank you, Shouto. I have been a nervous wreck those past days. Without… without Dad I can live, of course – but… it is… hard. He always took care of me… ya know?", he forced himself to a painful smile beneath his mask before he lowered his gaze onto the five books.

"It was a bit difficult and a bit expensive, I actually had to pay and tell quite a lot that they gave them to me but I've been told that it would be worth it. They are casebound, first edition and each and every one is signed."

Bi-colored eyes grew round as Shouto understood what Izuku was hinting at.

With a shameful smile, Surveye pulled out the first of the books: 'The Lightning Thief'TM

"It's in English, so in the original language and by now these little treasures here are true rarities.
I thought you would have fun reading them but then I remembered how rich you actually are and that you can buy even older, better and unusual books and that you might actually own these ones already and -"

He couldn't continue any further because he was pulled onto the hospital-bed for a hug.

"Thank you, Izuku. That's really nice of you that you got me something so valuable.", whispered the taller one and the villain turned beet red.

Stuttering Stain's successor tried to convey that it was only half as nice as Shouto made it look like and that it wouldn't be able to make up for the fight, but that he was happy that Shouto liked it so much… all the time the teen with the burn scar simply smiled and waited that his shady friend talked himself out.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

It was late evening when Izuku left the hospital.
Shouto had asked him to keep him company and he had been more than happy to oblige after finding out that the hero in training did not hate him. 

Halfway to his home, he was surprised by a black mist.

"Surveye. Shigaraki demands to talk with you.", told Kurogiri him with crossed arms.

"This overgrown toddler really can't do more than demand.", grumbled the teen and simply disregarded the villain.

"I had been allowed to use force, should you not cooperate."

The broker froze before he turned around ever so slowly with a horrific grin on his lips.

"I'd like to see that."

The insane sound of Surveyes voice did not go unnoticed by the second-in-command of the League and the cloudy figure wavered to express his discomfort.

"But -",
started the disguised boy and his voice suddenly returned to harmless and happy again,
"I'll come with you so that whatever won't happen. Though I had to return home firstly to change into my costume because I don't want to stand in front of Shigaraki Tomura like this if it is avoidable."

"I'll bring you there.", aid the warpgate and Izuku already felt an objection from on his tongue.
He did not want the League to know his home.
On the other hand…

The Villa was long since finished. He could just move into the house where he wanted to live for months by now.

"I live on the highest floor in house number YY in the street XYXYX."

"Sounds like you don't have to fear about your money.", commented Kurogiri a bit surprised as he opened his portal.

"I earn much, much more but I have this ridiculous habit of hiding away all my money.", confessed the teen with a shrug and went on ahead just to walk into the entrance of his home.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Shigaraki~!", 
said the masked teen smiling with opened arms as if he saw an old friend after years of being apart,
"How are you, buddy? How can I help you this time?"

The older one gritted his teeth behind his hand-mask, annoyed by the attitude of Surveye.

"Your video. Take it down. Leave the media alone! Your massacre today destroyed all of my plans!"

The teen looked up from his mobile in surprise, he had started fidgeting with the thing as soon as he had sat down on the barstool.

"You are able to plan?", he asked amused and Shigaraki's hands twitched as the longing to just place his fingers on the smaller one's throat and watch him fall apart struck him.

"Yes.", he hissed instead and reminded himself of Sensei's words that this brat was an important part of their plans without even noticing it.

The one-way glass of the mask reflected the lights of the bar when the boy crooked his head to the side and his smile turned dangerously sharp.

"If it is like that you simply can tell me about them and I'd gladly try to work around them."

That was another thing Sensei had warned Tomura about.
Surveye was likely to try to gather information so that he could sell and bend them how he pleased.

Slowly the silver-haired male realized which kind of position Stains heir inhabited in this game.

All Might was the final boss. 
All those other heroes were mini-bosses.
The students were the updated mini boss-generation in the making - should they grow old enough to take this place.
Sensei was his tutor and advisor.
The minions were his pieces to play with.
He himself was the player.
In the beginning, he thought that Stain and Surveye were nothing else than merchants and side-quests because they were no simple NPCs but he had been wrong.
This was not a simple RPG but a Multiplayer and Surveye was another player.

Of course, that made him a passive foe but more than everything else it made him dangerous and a wild card.

"My plans are perfectly fine and you're just going to interrupt them if you help those damn UA-brats or save a hero."

The greenette grinned smugly before he said with a honey-sweet voice: "One never can be sure what happens next, Deathhand. But - how would you feel about a deal?"

The leader of the League thought about it for a while.
A deal sounded interesting.

"What do you have to offer?"

"I take my video down and I give you information on class 1A.",
started the greenette and walked towards the silver-haired until he stood in front of the elder with a risen pointer finger,
"And in return, I will be allowed to watch when your recruits present themselves. Every time when people stumble into to become a part of your group because they followed the call of my father I want that Kurogiri fetches me instantly at a place I decide to bring me here.
I'll be so free to take the four recruits that seem to be unfitting for the League under my wing."

The Herokiller held his gloved hand out for the future symbol of fear to shake while he used his free hand to push up the mirror glass so that his healthy eye was open to be seen.

"Deal?", asked Izuku grinning.

Tomura grabbed his hand, his pinky spread away.

"Deal."

They shook their hands once and Surveye pulled back first with a pleased grin on his face that the villains knew from Grian.

"Well then.", said the greenette and clapped his hands to rub them against each other before he shoved them into one of his may pocket and pulled out some papers.

"The promised information. Should I find it in the hands of a person who is not a member of the League you're all dead. But this condition of mine is common knowledge by now, isn't it?", with that, the boy turned around and gave them a lazy wave as a goodbye.

Slowly the game started to gain speed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270K 6.8K 23
Izuku Midoriya may seem like your average happy boy with a Quirk, who goes to school with a bright smile on his face.... However, his home life is in...
120K 4K 20
Midoraya notices things others don't about todoroki, his mother being a social worker he's learnt to spot the signs of abuse and neglect in people. C...
69.5K 2.3K 24
𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎 32-𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟-𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑤𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑢𝑝 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑𝑟�...
36.3K 1.7K 37
Beneath the indifference plaguing Todoroki's personality lies the dark, unforgiving truth he conceals. When the abuse that he's suffered for years be...