Beautifully Broken - Open End...

By SeraphiraLilith

After surviving a suicide attempt Izuku went down the wrong path. He ran away from home, started drinking and... More

Informations & Warnings
Origin of a Killer
What it takes to forget
Finish Line
What I can do
Nerds
Students vs. School
Tenya's Startline
Just do your Best
Dealing with the Unknown
Game over - Restart? - Press 'Play'
Herokiller Stain
In our Hearts
That's the Plan
Party
A quirky Way
Strategy!
Battle finale
A boy born with Nothing
Defeated
Challengers
Shouto vs. World
Shouto Todoroki: Rising
Fight on!
Shouto vs. Katsuki
Pick your Poison
Bizarre
Against the Herokillers
The Aftermath
Spying-Eye and Death-Hand
Low Point
Everyone
Listen to a Tale
Examintion
Surveye: Rising
Without Varnish
Katsuki Bakugo: Fight
Collision
Not a chapter - still important!
Let the Games begin
Calm, Calm
Kota & Eri
My Villain
Extra Scenes & Epilouge

Roaring Mind

4.3K 155 51
By SeraphiraLilith

"Hey! Y-You - jou h-haf print!", roared one of the usual, unwelcomed customers of the rather run-down bar.
"What?!", the voice of the boy, who'd just been shoved away from the counter rudely by the man, pitched and slurred beneath the aggressive tone and harshness.

"Tus - u can't - hic - yu can't evn af-afford thus stuff! Stop hoarding the b-bar all yorself alone!"

The kid growled angrily and shoved the man back.

"Piss off! I can pay! And that - that's all my money! I earned this all alone myself!"

The man bursted into hysterical laughter.

It was easy to see that the two brawlers had looked too deep into their glasses but the adult was way more obvious than the boy.

"S-s-stap laughing! You wanna fight?! I - I can fight!"

The barkeeper started to feel concerned that the conflict between the two drunk heads could become out of hand.

And if that happens he would be forced to pull charges and all the money the greenette with the eyepatch spend on the alcohol that he chugged down like others would drink water would be lost.
But if he wouldn't stop them, the best way to end the night would be with a broken nose and a black-eye.

"Iiii wanna f-fight! Ssomethin' 'gainst that - BLÖRB - squirt?"

His face scrunched up in disgust and his lasting eye squinted together as he waved a hand in the air in front his face.

He held his other hand clenched around his glass filled with rum.

"You - you're annoying!", whined the boy angrily as if it would decourage his attacker.

"And yu - yu piss me off!", babbled the grown up with a shit eating grin.

He didn't even know what nonsense he was spurting and Izuku Midoriya wasn't listening to himself as well.

Both of them had their fill hours ago but they still kept going because their body was used to the toxics of the alcohol.

The man with the beer belly and the hanging cheeks that made him look like an old boarhound developed his alcoholism three months prior after the death of his beloved wife.

Actually he'd been a nice and loved teacher with good classes that made it usually into high positions - he never stressed the kids or left someone behind.

But being nice didn't save his wife when she lost the control over her car and drove into a building because of a hero fight.

He quitted his job and sunk into a pit of sadness and despair - and here he was, in one of the cheapest flophouses in whole Tokyo and started a fight with a boy who might as well could have been one of his students.
If he just could notice that and wouldn't be caged in this blurry, upside-down world of alcohol and intoxication.

Izuku Midoriya, on the other hand, did not have the nerves for an other problem.

His last evening and this day had been disastrous.

The police had found the garage and bursted the fight with the most viewers, his fight, because he was a little celebrity in the underground by now.

He couldn't remember his opponent but he knew that he just defeated the poor bastard when the screams started and the men in black Uniforms broke into the room.
He had managed to fight his way through the panicking crowd before he finally found an air shaft and fled through it - but his money was lost. Confisticated and and unreachable, most likely part of some investigation.

And now this gross old sack wanted to make problems.

Faster, than anyone in the room would have thought that the greenette could, considering his condition, he drawed a knife and pressed it's blade against his attackers junglar.

Every last person in the bar rasted to halt and the barkeeper lost his grip on the glass he'd been polishing, letting it fall to the ground and burst into pieces.

"Tell me one reason why I shouldn't pull through."
The boy with the eyepatch suddenly didn't sound drunk anymore.

The man started shaking as the cloth of his trousers turned dark between his thighs and a puddle appeared on the floor beneath him.

The boy scrowled, pulled away his knife and jumped from his chair.

"What a trash dump. I'll go somewhere else, don't expect me."

Izuku may not sound drunk but as he tried to climb the three stairs to freedom he swayed threateningly and needed more than one attempt to get out of the Bar.

The young homeless boy staggert through the alleys cussing like a sailor, searching for a new theke where he could bribe the keeper to forget his age.

Suddenly his stomach twisted unpleasantly and the world started to twist and turn.
Gasping he leaned against a near wall as a ring resonated through his ears and the street winded.

Eventually his gut wrenched and he loudly threw up a lot of liquid.
Again and again his innards spasmt to get rid of anything inside them.
Dry heaving he hung at the wall, his arms were shaking and his legs were numb.

The ground crashed against him way to soon.

Still trembling he tried to get up again, yet none of his muscles obeyed.

His stomach coiled again and forced him to double over once more. This time only acid hit the ground.

With all his might and concentration he brought a hand up and wiped it over his mouth.

It reeked and for the first time since he ran away he wished to be at home in his room with the comfortable bed, the soft pillows, the warm quilt and the safe walls, windows and doors.

A sob broke out of him and he crawled away from his vomit while tears collected in his functioning eye.

His mother.
He missed her and her heartly, warm and loving aura.

Wailing Izuku rolled himself together and mourned his short and dark childhood.
Despite of his fogged over mind and nostalgia he knew that his life never was a good one.

His hearing altered between being way to quiet and deafening loud and that made his headache worse.

Then he heard steps.

Something white-silver-black came into his field of view and he felt something against his shoulder but wasn't capable to defend himself.

"Lemme-", slurred the one-eyed but didn't get any further because in the next moment the cold, sturdy ground beneath his body was missing.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

It was a night patrol.

Nothing new for Ingenium since it was his duty as a hero to ensure peoples safety all around the clock.

Although he did not expect something like the problem he stumbled over.

It started when he heard someone cough, heave and sob in one of the side alleys.

Even if the sounds were rather gross he couldn't help but be concerned.
There was someone who clearly needed help.

Carefully looking around he went into the street and activated his flashlight.

Only some steps into the city-canyon he heard a rough and stifled "Mum! I wanna go home!" followed by more wailing.

The view he stumbled upon was heartbreaking.

A small figure with a mop of green hair; in a gray, blotchy hoodie and black, dirty and ripped sweatpants was rolled together on the ground, not far away from a puddle of vomit and was whimpering pathetically.

Hastily he strode over to the person.

It was a boy, maybe as old as his little brother.
He reeked of alcohol, smoke, urin, mildew and trash.
Next to him was a dirty yellow backpack that looked like it was filled to the rim.

The kids face was smeared with dirt, his long, curly locks were barely tamed, filthy, tangled and greasy, dark eyebags dug into the skin beneath his orbs, the skin was sickly white, freckles dusted his hollow cheeks with way too present looking bones like bloodstains, a big scar reached from beneath his right ear to the root of his nose and ended over his left eyebrow in midst of his forehead, a second one started at his hairline over his temple, went over his nose and stopped shortly beneath his cheekbone.

And then there was this lumizid, bloodshot, green eye that stared up at him dead and empty and looked filled with agony.
A small pupil that almost didn't move when he shone into it.
The other eye was covered by a eyepatch underneath which the scars crossed.

He shook his head and picked the child up, while he wrote his agency that someone needed to take over his shift.

The boy defended himself weakly and uncoordinated, tried to protest but he didn't listen to him.

By now the hero was sure that this boy had an alcoholic intoxication what meant that he needed to be in a hospital. Now.

How did a minor even get the alcohol?

Upset he shook his head and started running. He was as fast as an ambulance if not faster and it could only be beneficial for the kid to be taken care of as soon as possible.

The woman behind the front desk looked up confused as he came to halt right in front of her with the boy in his arms.

"I found him ten minutes ago. He was barely conscious, his pupil hardly reacted to light, he was vomiting and isn't responsive - and he smells of alcohol. Two minutes ago he lost his consciousness.", explained the hero as logical as possible, but he wasn't able to banish the concern in his voice.

This boy was way too young to be on the wrong path.
Yet, here they were and Ingenium could only ask himself when exactly the life of this child went wrong.

"I'll call a doctor.", said the woman promptly and hit the buttons of her phone, "He needs to get into the ICU right now!"

It didn't take long until a doctor arrived together with two nurses, his coat fluttering in his wake.

Tensei laid the kid onto a stretcher and could only watch as the greenette got carted away.

"Would it be possible for me to wait for him? I'm kind of worried for the squirt. He looked so young and like he had a lot of problems.", mumbled the hero in the direction of the secretary.

She smiled sadly and nodded.

"Go to the waiting room. You're going to be informed if something happens to the boy. Would you know anything about him?"

He took off his helmet and shook his head no.

"I don't know anything expect for the obvious."

The lady sighted and started to write on her keyboard.

"Then we'll need to identify him an other way. If you'd like to know we could tell you who you saved today."

He took the offer gratefully and went to the waiting room.

It may be foolish, but he wanted to know who the green haired boy was and why he landed on the streets and in his position.

While Ingenium waited next to the families of diverse tragic victims, two important things happen.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Firstly: Izuku Midoriya was in the ICU and was giving the doctors of this night shift a headache.

"Hands off!"

Wum

The lifeless body spasmend thanks to the electricity that made the heart start to stuttering beat again.

The brain of the greenette was seconds away from shutting down and giving up - and it made all the other organs give out.

The doctors were fighting to keep their patient alive but secretly they all were asking themselves already who would receive the expression of condolences from the deputy.
There surely would be someone waiting for this kids recovery in the anteroom.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Secondly: A member of the staff was able to identify the problem child.

One of the medical assistants who helped with the surgery of the quirkless boy one year prior after his jump from the roof was able to recognize him.

Izuku may have longer hair, the scars on his face were new - but it definitely was the same, freckled face.

He offered to use his pause to do some research; interested in what happened to his former patient.

Izuku Midoriya had been declared missing by his mother the same evening of the day he left the hospital.

As soon as they knew that, they called the police that they've found the runaway.

And it seemed that this wasn't the first time that the boy was found.

He had been brought to three different hospitals by twentythree different heros, always with alcoholic intoxication.
And every time the boy was missing the day after his treatment without any trace where he could have gone.

And then there was his crime register.
Only thirteen but there were so many suburban and bigger crimes.

Alcohol abuse, illegal betting, weaponry in public, threatening, mugging, stealing, defamation of a civil servant on duty and many more.

Ingenium was shocked at the news who he found and he insisted to see the young Midoriya when he awoke.

"If he ever awakes again." ,would have been the doctors correction if they heard them talk.

But they did not know anything about their patient - still too enraptured with the task of saving a life that refused to be saved.

Izuku had the luck, or misfortune, to be given to the knowing hands of good doctors because they really managed to stabilize him after seven hours of fighting.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"The Name of the boy you saved is Izuku Midoriya.
He ran from home eleven months ago, this time being twelve.
His mother was searching frantically for him.
He's quirkless and had been a bullying victim ever since his diagnosis.
The day after being released from the very same hospital we're in right now, because of a suicide attempt going wrong, he vanished and nobody was able to restrain him long enough to give him to the police.
Thanks to you we will be able to bring him to justice before giving him the care he needs."

Tensei stared at the police officer and the nurse in front of him perplexed.

The boy was indeed as old as his little brother.

But why bring him to justice? Why should someone punish a child with serious problems because no one wanted to take care of it when there was the chance? They should help him!

"What kind of disciplining?",
he asked upset and glared at the men in front of him angrily,
"What could a thirteen years old child do to deserve a punishment?"

The nurse shrank away from the fuming hero but the policeman stuck out his chest.

"He committed crimes many teenagers wouldn't do!
The Alcohol abuse, bribery and the stealing are the small things!
This 'child' - if you could even call him that,was a part of one of the biggest illegal streetfight rings and was betting there daily! You did not see his last opponent like I did! This boy is not a innocent child!
If you could excuse us, we have a mother who needs to know about the remains and state of her son."

This being his last word the officer stomped away, leaving an annoyed hero and a scared nurse in his trail who followed the leaving man after an apologizing look towards the man in the armor anyway.

Thoughtfully but still angry the black haired man stared up at the ceiling.

He wanted to talk with the boy. He'd like to know his story.

"Izuku Midoriya, huh?", he mumbled. Testing the feeling of the name on his tongue.

This kind was as old as his brother but couldn't be more different.
He wondered how the two of them would get along?

No matter what, he would wait right here for Izuku to awake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

521 20 12
Shouto Todoroki is assigned a patient unlike he has ever dealt with before. He must rely on his wit, his brother, and everything except his father. C...
goodbye By Sugar

Fanfiction

207K 4.5K 26
Midoriya doesn't have a good life. He makes it seem as though everything is fine, until someone finds out a secret he was supposed to keep. How will...
83.4K 1.7K 31
Deku has been depressed since his mother, Inko, died when he was little. He starts accept the fact that he's worthless in this hell people call earth...
170K 4.7K 78
This story is where when deku and is depressed, along the way he becomes villainous and a saga begins What if deku was depressed What if that led to...