The Violin That Started it All

By Loving_Healer

[[Completed]] [[High School AU]] [[Percico]] Nico di Angelo has the worst life he can ever imagine; at school... More

Part 1) Prologue
Part 1) Chapter One
Part 1) Chapter Two
Part 1) Chapter Three
Part 1) Chapter Four
Part 1) Chapter Five
Part 1) Chapter Six
Part 1) Chapter Seven
Part 1) Chapter Eight
Part 1) Chapter Nine
Part 1) Chapter Ten
Part 1) Chapter Eleven
Part 1) Chapter Twelve
Part 1) Chapter Thirteen
Part 1) Chapter Fourteen
Part 1) Chapter Fifteen
Part 1) Chapter Sixteen
Part 1) Chapter Seventeen
Part 1) Chapter Eighteen
Part 1) Chapter Nineteen
Part 2) Chapter Twenty
Part 2) Chapter Twenty-One
Part 2) Chapter Twenty-Two
Part 2) Chapter Twenty-Three
Part 2) Chapter Twenty-Four
Part 2) Chapter Twenty-Five
Part 2) Chapter Twenty-Six
Part 2) Chapter Twenty-Seven
Part 2) Chapter Twenty-Eight
Part 2) Chapter Twenty-Nine
Part 2) Chapter Thirty
Part 2) Chapter Thirty-One
Part 2) Chapter Thirty-Two
Part 2) Chapter Thirty-Three
Part 2) Event One
Part 2) Event Two
Part 2) Event Three
Part 2) Event Four
Part 2) Event Five
Part 2) Event Six
Part 2) Event Seven
Part 2) Event Eight
Part 2) Event Ten
Part 2) Event Eleven
Part 2) Event Twelve
Part 2) Event Thirteen
Part 2) Chapter Thirty-Four
Sequel

Part 2) Event Nine

1K 40 68
By Loving_Healer

Event Nine: Wednesday, June 14th & Saturday, June 24th

Prom Night

From: Piercetheveilalways

Some Jason and Nico bonding at the beginning just 'cause their my BrOTP. And also because they're actually "friends" I guess in the series. And because it's relevant in the sequel of this book. LOL. A lot of reasons but you guys get the idea, right?

GUYS, HAS IT REALLY BEEN THAT LONG SINCE I UPDATED SOMEONE ON FANFICTION.NET YELLED AT ME FOR NOT FINISHING THIS FANFIC. Well, shit, I thought it was only two weeks...

I've had an English project on the novel To Kill a Mockingbird and honestly, drawing Jem Finch twice sucks on three pieces of paper total. He doesn't even look twelve in my picture...then again, my twelve year-old brother doesn't look twelve.

AND SORRY AGAIN I got addicted to an Anime called "Psycho-pass" and I have refused to do anything else but that this whole week. And I have to celebrate Thanksgiving so...yeah.

Well, let's get on to the story! Oh wait...almost forgot:

Disclaimer: How COOL would it be if I owned the Washington National Monument and Taylor Swift's song Shake it Off? Yeah, well, I don't. I also don't own the song Bang Bang by Jessie J., Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj. It'd still be pretty cool if I did own it.

...

Wednesday, June 14th

"Hm? Prom's starting soon?" Jason asked amusedly to no one in particular when we saw a poster hung on the wall of the school library.

I glanced to the poster. "I hate dances," I muttered.

"Then what if Percy asked you to go with him?" Jason turned his head at me, raising his eyebrow with a smirk upon his lips.

I rolled my eyes and punched him in the arm. "Shut up."

Jason laughed. "No, but seriously! Would you say 'yes?'"

I shrugged. "I guess so. It's just like Percy asking me on another date, right?"

"Another date?" Jason's expression turned more mischievous.

My eyes widened and I turned away. I never mentioned our dates to anyone until now.

"Er, never mind, forget it." I shoved my hands deeper into my pockets, trying to hide the discoloration in my face.

"No, no," Jason chided. "I'm not letting you get out of this one. Now, what did you say about another date?"

Well, now I really couldn't get out of it.

"Percy and I have been on...a few dates I guess," I murmured quietly.

"Wait, you've been on more?" Jason's grin reached his ears. "This is the best news I've heard all day! Why did you hide it?"

I frowned. "I didn't exactly hide it. I just--"

"--decided not to tell me," Jason finished with a roll of his eyes. "You should've told me! I mean, Percico all the fucking way right? Oh my god, that should be my motto."

I stared up at him cluelessly. "Per...cico?"

Jason waved it away. "Something Piper made up. But anyway, are you going to prom?" He jabbed his thumb at the poster we stood adjacent to.

I shrugged. "If Percy wants to. I, honestly, don't give a shit."

Jason sighed. "You should go! It'd be like some kind of double date between me and Piper and you guys."

My mind flashed back to the last time I had a double date, and my face turning a deep red.

"Nico?" Jason frowned and waved a hand in front of my face.

I cleared my throat. "Just...thinking."

"About what, exactly?" Jason winked and nudged me in the side.

I slapped his arm away, my facing becoming 51 shades of red. Nope, not even 50.

"I think Leo is rubbing off on you," I grumbled.

Jason laughed. "Oh please, I've always been like this."

I rolled my eyes with an exasperated sigh and Jason chuckled. We soon heard footsteps from behind us and we whirled around to find an exhausted Silena and Percy.

"So, Percy!" Jason exclaimed when he caught sight of him. "Heard you went on a--"

I shoved Jason, making him stumble and laugh.

Percy arched a confused eyebrow. "I went on a what?"

Silena looked equally confused. "Huh?"

"Nothing," I said a bit too quickly. I could feel Jason's smirk land on me.

"Uh," Percy drawled. "Should I be asking what you guys are talking about?"

"No, you shouldn't," I replied rapidly.

Jason laughed. When it finally died down, he said, "Yeah you actually should ask but I'll answer anyway. You guys have went on dates and you haven't even told me!"

"What are you, my mom?" Percy sighed with a joking smile upon his lips. "We've been on a lot actually."

"Really?!" Silena exclaimed. "How were they?! Where did you guys go?! Oh, tell me, tell me, tell me!" She said energetically.

Percy and I exchanged glances before turning back to them.

Percy scratched the back of his head. "I feel like you guys are making a documentary of my life."

"You mean a biography?" I corrected him with my eyebrows furrowed.

Percy waved it aside. "Whatever, Mr. Know-it-all."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "I thought I was Mr. I-was-born-to-skate."

"That too." Percy chuckled.

Jason looked genuinely confused, but he suddenly smirked. "Was that from one of your dates?" From the expressions across Percy's and my face, he chuckled, shaking his head side to side. "Of course."

Silena giggled, glancing at the poster beside us and pulling on Percy's arm. "Look, Percy!"

Percy followed Silena's gaze until he found the poster. He raised an eyebrow. "Prom, huh? It's so weird to think that school's almost over." His gaze landed on me. "Do I even have to ask for you to come with me?"

"Yes!" Silena cried. "Make it super dramatic with roses and a ring and the Washington National Monument in the background!" She laughed.

Percy rolled his eyes with a laughing grin upon his face. "That'd be cool, but I'm not driving all the way to Washington DC to ask Nico to prom."

"But, it'd be fucking cool," Jason added.

Percy rolled his eyes. "I'll do it when I propose to him. Is that better?" He said with a smirk. He glanced at me and winked, making me a flustered.

Jason laughed. "That's better."

"So, Nico?" Percy turned to me, thrusting his thumb toward the poster behind his shoulder. "Want to go to prom with your one and hopefully only boyfriend?"

I rolled my eyes with a sigh. "Seriously? You think I love someone else other than you?"

Percy shrugged. "I never know." He came up to me a jabbed his index finger into the middle of my forehead. "And don't you dare say that you're not good enough for anybody."

"You know me so well," I mumbled, averting my gaze.

"Wait, Nico says that?" Jason glanced worriedly at me.

Percy shook his head and offered a smile in Jason's direction afterwards. "Just forget about it."

Jason arched an eyebrow, but he didn't question it, to my relief.

My eyes found emerald green ones and I nodded, making Percy look utterly confused.

"I never answered your question, did I?" I started to explain. "So, yes, I'll go with you to prom, even if I do hate dances."

Percy chuckled. "Is it because you suck at dancing?"

I shrugged, shoving my hands deep into my front jean pockets. "I've never tried. There's just too many people for my liking."

Percy swung his arm around my shoulders with a grin. "Well, Neeks, you're just about to try."

...

Saturday, June 24th

It was now prom night. Of course, you had to dress all fancy and immaculate for prom, and I really didn't want to. I told Percy I didn't want to dress up the day before, but all he said was: "Maybe you don't, but my mom's gonna go all out on you."

I should've heeded his words. It felt like I was Sally's barbie doll that day. I'm just glad she didn't decide to put make-up on me. She literally bought a whole new suit and. shoes for me and I didn't even know where she got the money for that. But she managed it, and I was thoroughly surprised. She checked me up and down to see if there was anything wrong with my clothes, and she was about to style my hair but I refused and Percy said that I was fine.

Sally spent about an hour, if I were to estimate the time, taking awkward pictures of Percy and me together in various parts of the house--including outside in the wide and open public, which was very embarrassing might I add.

After about three bajillion hours spent at Percy's house because of his mother, we were finally at the school gym where the prom took place.

The school really went all out for the prom just like Sally. Instead of a place for sweaty people who aren't athletic so they took PE instead of joining a sports team, the gymnasium was transformed so that it looked as if I just stepped into a ballroom. I seriously couldn't imagine people doing push-ups and running across the gym in the exact same room that I was in.

The gymnasium was pretty big; either that or it just looked enormous. Music was blaring from the speakers located who-knows-where, and the gym was dark. The only light source were phones, cameras with their flash on (which is very blinding if you guys haven't experienced professional cameras with their flash on), and the disco ball located on the center of the ceiling. It rotated in its place like a planet, and it seemed to reflect everything in the gym.

Tables holding food were set up on the sides of the gym, and in the middle, people were dancing to whatever music came out of the speakers, like that awfully annoying song called Shake it Off by Taylor Swift. Definitely not my kind of music.

Jason swung an arm around my shoulders as a way of giving his greetings, but someone standing to my right pushed it off before I could react.

Jason laughed, putting his hands up into the air at right angles. "God, Percy, aren't you a possessive little shit."

Percy frowned with a glare in Jason's direction, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me toward him. "Well, excuse me," Percy snapped. He closed his eyes and sighed. "Sorry about that. That sounded really mean."

Jason chuckled, shaking his head and putting his arms down by his sides. "It's fine. Just didn't know you were so possessive. It's pretty amusing actually."

Percy rolled his eyes and huffed, "Gee, thanks. I definitely want to be known as possessive."

Jason laughed once more. "Sorry, sorry. You weren't this possessive with Annabeth."

Percy shrugged. "Maybe I just love Nico more, that's why."

"Aw, how cute." A sarcastic, feminine voice said behind us. She definitely didn't sound very sincere.

All three of us whirled around to find that cashier girl at the movie theater. Her name was Caly as I recall. Didn't Annabeth say her full name was Calypso?

"And, who are you?" Jason raised an a challenging eyebrow. His voice suddenly turned hard, and his electric blue eyes seemed more ice blue. "From what I recall, we didn't ask for your opinion."

"Well, sorry," Caly's cold demeanor seemed to have disappeared and was replaced with a cheerful, joking girl as she smiled in apology. "Did I make it sound mean?"

Jason didn't seem convinced, and Percy's grip on my waist tightened. What was even going on?

Jason sighed, but I could still tell that his guard was up. "Yeah, kind of. Sorry for sounding mean as well." He offered a small smile, but since I was the king of all liars and fake smiles, I could obviously tell that his smile was fake.

Caly turned to Percy, bouncing on the soles of her feet like a little, energetic child. "Can I talk to you?" She asked enthusiastically.

Percy parted his lips, and before any sound cane out, someone dragged both of us away.

"Hey!" I yelled, only to whirl around and find Annabeth. We were by the snack tables, and the food would've looked good if I had a bigger appetite.

Annabeth offered an apologetic smile. "Sorry about that."

"Why are there so many apologies today?" I muttered.

Annabeth cocked her head to the side in confusion, but she didn't question it.

Jason walked by and stopped when he saw us. He grinned and decided to join. His cold and mean demeanor that he had before seemed as if it never existed. Why does everyone seem to know what's happening but me?

"Hey, Jason!" Annabeth greeted, placing her hand on one hip and placing her weight on her right leg.

"Hey, Annabeth," Jason replied with a grin. He turned to Percy. "You okay?"

Percy nodded with a smile playing on his lips. "Yeah, totally fine. Hey, did that sound like sarcasm? Because it wasn't meant to be." He chuckled.

Jason shook his head with a chuckle. "Not really. But thanks for clarifying."

A slow song started to play on the speakers; thank the gods I was really starting to get tired of that song that repeatedly said "Bang bang." Wasn't that song sang by three different girls?

"Piper said she wanted to dance with me when a slow song starts, so I'll see you guys later," Jason stated. After we bid him our farewells, he left to go find Piper.

"You guys should dance too," Annabeth insisted.

"What about you and Luke?" I arched an eyebrow.

Annabeth shrugged. "Luke went to get some food for me. That was when I dragged you guys over here. Maybe I'll dance with him later, but I was never actually good at dancing." Annabeth chuckled in embarrassment.

"I'm probably not that good at dancing," I added. "My mother and my sister were, but I've never tried."

"Then maybe you should try now." Percy smirked at me, and before I could even react, he dragged me onto the dance floor. I could hear Annabeth's soft laughter from behind me.

We weren't exactly in the middle of the dance floor, but we weren't on the very outside of it. Maybe Percy took mercy on me and decided on a spot to drag me to that wouldn't attract so much attention.

He placed his hands on my hips and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Just follow my lead, okay?" Percy offered a comforting smile.

"Alright," I answered, "just don't complain if I step on you, which has a very high chance of happening."

Percy chuckled. "Oh please; I bet your mom's genes of awesome dancing passed on to you."

I frowned, knitting my eyebrows together. "Percy, I don't think it works that way."

Percy smirked. "Apparently it does. You haven't stepped on me at all."

I raised an eyebrow, but I finally realized that Percy got me to dance with him without me even noticing.

"What the fuck, how did you do that?" I blinked confusingly up at Percy. I could feel my steps go in sync with Percy's, and I didn't even know it until he brought it up.

Percy laughed. "Distracting people helps, you know?"

"No, apparently I didn't know." I frowned at the ground where I could faintly see my perfectly polished black shoes move as if someone from far away was controlling me.

One of Percy's hands left my hip and lifted my chin up until I made eye contact with Percy's gorgeous emerald green eyes.

He smiled down at me. "Apparently not."

He caressed my cheek and we stopped dancing once the song ended. We heard clapping from the people watching from the sidelines, and I could've sworn I heard Jason's voice from amidst the clapping yell, "Get a room, Percico!" And Leo's voice followed: "They already have, Superman!" But, it was pretty faint and I didn't know if I was hearing things or not.

Percy leaned down and kissed me passionately on the lips. My eyes widened in surprise, but I soon responded. I pressed my body closer to Percy's as our kiss lasted for what seemed like centuries.

We pulled apart for air since our lungs,  unfortunately, couldn't hold infinite air, and we couldn't breathe out of our asses like turtles.

He rested his forehead against mine, closing his eyes and smiling.

"I love you, Nico," he whispered to me.

I glanced up as Percy opened his eyes, revealing emeralds shining from the disco ball above our heads.

"I love you too, Percy." I genuinely smiled up at me as Percy dove in for another kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 162 28
Percy Jackson was just an ordinary kid. Or so he thinks until he learns that his father is a merman - and that Percy shares that supernatural heritag...
36.2K 1.4K 57
Percy Jackson is Captain of Half-Blood High Swim team. Nico di Angelo is in Art Club and can't swim. Nico has a crush on Percy Percy is dating Annabe...
11.2K 361 6
This is a Percico fanfic. In this story Percy and Nico are best friends. It's the end of the Giant War summer. What happens when Hades makes Nico go...
98.9K 2.5K 21
It's amazing how one summer can change someone's life. When your best friend's brother is forced to go on your end-of-the-year camping trip, you soon...