The Violin That Started it All

By Loving_Healer

[[Completed]] [[High School AU]] [[Percico]] Nico di Angelo has the worst life he can ever imagine; at school... More

Part 1) Prologue
Part 1) Chapter One
Part 1) Chapter Two
Part 1) Chapter Three
Part 1) Chapter Four
Part 1) Chapter Five
Part 1) Chapter Six
Part 1) Chapter Seven
Part 1) Chapter Eight
Part 1) Chapter Nine
Part 1) Chapter Ten
Part 1) Chapter Eleven
Part 1) Chapter Twelve
Part 1) Chapter Thirteen
Part 1) Chapter Fourteen
Part 1) Chapter Fifteen
Part 1) Chapter Sixteen
Part 1) Chapter Seventeen
Part 1) Chapter Eighteen
Part 1) Chapter Nineteen
Part 2) Chapter Twenty
Part 2) Chapter Twenty-One
Part 2) Chapter Twenty-Two
Part 2) Chapter Twenty-Three
Part 2) Chapter Twenty-Four
Part 2) Chapter Twenty-Five
Part 2) Chapter Twenty-Six
Part 2) Chapter Twenty-Seven
Part 2) Chapter Twenty-Eight
Part 2) Chapter Twenty-Nine
Part 2) Chapter Thirty
Part 2) Chapter Thirty-One
Part 2) Chapter Thirty-Three
Part 2) Event One
Part 2) Event Two
Part 2) Event Three
Part 2) Event Four
Part 2) Event Five
Part 2) Event Six
Part 2) Event Seven
Part 2) Event Eight
Part 2) Event Nine
Part 2) Event Ten
Part 2) Event Eleven
Part 2) Event Twelve
Part 2) Event Thirteen
Part 2) Chapter Thirty-Four
Sequel

Part 2) Chapter Thirty-Two

1.7K 65 90
By Loving_Healer

Guys, can you think of events for me? Like as an example: Percy's birthday or Nico and Percy at an ice cream store are two events. (You don't need the details, I just need a one-sentence idea.) More events=more chapters! 1 event=1 chapter, and they're all supposed to be cute and fluffy Percico moments. I can't think of any! So, I wanted to see if you guys can think of some. It'd be a huge help, and the story will last longer. Thanks if you help! I will credit you for your idea at the beginning of the chapter/event. Stealing ain't my thing, bro.

Also: Sorry if there's so many author's notes!

...

It was before school on a Monday. And me? Well, naturally, I was fucking tired. In fact, I was usually tired most of the time anyway, so I guess this wasn't much news to you guys.

Percy and I were walking to school hand-and-hand. We didn't talk during our trip to school; we just held hands and walked in a comfortable silence. Sometimes Percy would have to tug on my hand whenever we had to cross the street and I wasn't paying attention, but that was probably the most talking that we ever did. Well, I didn't think that would count as "talking" anyway. Not verbally, at least.

The sky was a dark gray color. Clouds littered the sky, and the air was chilly, like little spikes poking my skin. Even with my black Aviator jacket on, I could still feel the cool wind. Snow blanketed the ground in fluffy mounds, but it wasn't so deep that it would be hard to walk to school. The trees were barren, and the streets weren't very busy since it was so early in the morning, but there were a few cars on the streets here and there.

When we stepped onto school, Percy glanced at me with a frown on his face.

I looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "What's wrong?"

"Uh, well," Percy stuttered, completely embarrassed although I didn't know why, "you, uh, remember what we did Saturday night?"

My face turned into a light pink color. "Yeah," I mumbled, slightly lowering my gaze, "what of it?"

"Do you think we should tell them?" Percy questioned.

"Tell wh--" I stopped as my eyes unintentionally widened. Well, shit for probably the third time that week. I totally forgot about them. About Percy's friends.

Should we even tell them? How would they react if we told them that Percy and I made love Saturday night on my birthday, which was just two days ago? How would they react? How would Silena react? How would Annabeth react?

God, the thought of telling Annabeth made knots form in my stomach. She was kind enough to let me be with her boyfriend in the first place, and then a week later BOOM! I fucking have sex with her ex-boyfriend! First I kiss him behind her back, then I steal him away from her, and the next thing we know, I have sex with him! But, at the same time, I didn't want to keep this a secret from her. I didn't want her to hear that I had sex with Percy come out of someone else's mouth. That would be horrible.

Apparently, Percy noticed my extreme discomfort because he squeezed my had in a comforting manner. "Hey, what are you worrying about? I mean, I know the question I asked is a bit hard to answer, but I think you're just over thinking it. I just need a yes or no answer."

I narrowed my eyes at the snow-covered ground, twisting the silver skull ring that adorned my left index finger--the one that Percy gave me two days ago for my birthday. "I was just thinking..." I trailed off, unable to finish. And, I mentally scolded myself for being weak and not being able to finish.

Percy arched an eyebrow, a curious gaze set on his face. "What were you thinking about?"

My dark brown eyes landed on Percy's gorgeous, but curious, face. "What would Annabeth do if we told her?"

Percy's expression morphed into one of seriousness, along with a bit of guilt.

"Annabeth," he repeated quietly, staring at the ground. There was a moment of silence that floated between us before Percy's eyes drifted back up to me. "Annabeth's a strong person, and I know you know that too. She...hasn't exactly gotten over it yet. but she can handle it. Just, try not to show any pity to her. She'll hate that."

I cracked a smile. "I can understand that. I hate pity too, yet you always kept giving it to me," I said in a teasing tone.

Percy sighed exasperatedly. "Hey, I was trying to be your friend, you know? That was not pity."

"Yeah, yeah," I waved his statements off, "whatever you say."

Percy rolled his eyes and took his hand away from mine, leaving my hand feeling a bit colder than the rest of my body.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me toward him so my chest touched his. "I tried to become your friend, but look what happened. We're both together and happy, right?"

I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling his face down so that it was inches apart from mine. I felt a bit awkward being so close and intimate to Percy in public, but hey, I didn't care anymore. I had Percy with me, and that was all that mattered. If Percy could do this in public, so can I. And anyway, I felt like if I pulled away at that moment, then I would hurt his feelings. And I definitely did not want that.

"Yeah, I'm happy right now," I answered with one of my smiles that used to be rare when Percy first met me. "Are you?"

Percy returned the smile. "Of course I am. Who wouldn't be?"

I chuckled before Percy's lips pressed up against mine. It was at first a passionate kiss, but then it escalated into a more active kiss. Our lips moved sensually against the other, and it was as if time stopped and the world consisted of only Percy and me.

I let out a breathless moan against Percy's lips, and Percy's hands started to slowly rub my sides. One of my hands found its way into Percy's hair, and I fisted at it, making Percy moan.

Percy's tongue ran along my bottom lip, and before I could allow him entrance, we both heard a voice that made us pull away at the speed of light, our faces tinged with red and our lips slightly bruised from all of the kissing.

"Guys! All we want to do is talk!" was what we heard which made us pull away.

I felt extremely embarrassed about the situation Percy and I were caught up in, and when my eyes flickered over to Percy, I could tell he was embarrassed too.

We looked straight ahead to find Leo and Jason, who were holding back a very eager Silena Beauregard.

I could hear Percy's throat clear as he tried to regain his composure. I decided to do the same, but instead of clearing my throat, I took deep breaths, hoping that my blush would go away and my heart would beat at a slower pace.

Leo sighed, clearly agitated with trying to keep Silena from running over. "Can we let her go now that they know we're here?" he directed at Jason.

Jason shrugged. "I guess so."

Right when I saw then release her, the air in my lungs was knocked right out of me. So much for taking deep breaths.

"Nico! I didn't see you all weekend! I miss you!" Silena jumped up and down while embracing me before stopping and looking at me at an arms length with a bright smile across her flawless face.

"Uh, yeah, hey," I greeted. I didn't think I would ever get used to Silena's tackle-hugs.

"But wait, Silena you saw him on Friday at his birthday party, didn't you?" Jason pointed out.

Silena nodded, still keeping her face on me, as if she was trying to see how much I changed since the last time she saw me, which was three days ago.

"I did," Silena put bluntly. "But it feels like forever!"

"By the way," Percy brought up, "why did you guys have to hold Silena back?" His eyes flickered from Jason to Leo.

"Well," Leo started, "Silena was looking all over the galaxy for you guys, and when we finally found you guys, you were all having this lovey-dovey moment and staring into each other's eyes like a love-sick puppy." This was when Percy and I raised an eyebrow at Leo's interesting explanation.

"Of course," Leo continued, "Silena didn't care. She just wanted to give you," he pointed at me, "one of her football tackles. I mean, seriously! Silena should not be a cheerleader. She should've joined football." Silena punched his arm in a playful manner.

Leo laughed. "I'm serious, Silena! But anyway, back to my point, Jason and I had to hold her back so we wouldn't be absolute cock-blocks! Because friends definitely don't want to be cock-blocks, that'd suck. So, we were holding Silena back for maybe two minutes when you guys starting going at it! We thought you guys would stop in a minute a so, but apparently you guys have an infinite amount of air supply in your lungs, because you guys never stopped! School was probably going to start soon, so I stopped you guys so we wouldn't be holding Silena back in vain. And let me tell you, she is a chica fuerte!"

I silently laughed at Leo's amusing explanation. Leo always had a way to make things humorous.

"Nico?"

I raised an eyebrow at the person who caught my attention, which was Silena.

"Yeah?" I asked.

Silena smirked, which was something that I had never seen Silena do before in my life. "What is that on your neck?"

Realization dawned on me as I quickly realized what Silena was talking about, and I tried to suppress the blush that threatened to show itself to the world from my face.

Leo, Jason, and Percy all turned toward me to see what she was talking about. But, it didn't take very long for Percy to realize what it was because his eyes widened and his cheeks turned a light pink color once he turned around and had a glimpse at my neck.

"Damn, Nico!" Leo exclaimed. "Is that a hickey I see?" he feigned ignorance as he slowly turned around to stare at Percy. "I wonder who did that." His voice dripped with heavy sarcasm.

Even Jason couldn't help but smile in amusement. "So, when did this happen? After Nico's birthday party on Friday?"

I sighed exasperatedly, shoving my fists deep into my jean pockets. "I'll tell you guys during lunch so I won't have to repeat this horribly embarrassing explanation."

Jason nodded, a smile still playing on his lips. "Fair enough."

"Dude, Percy! Up top, man!" Leo gave Percy a high-five that sounded extremely painful. "You finally gave him the D!"

Percy laughed at Leo's statements, but I could only stare in shock. Was Leo always like that, or what it just me?

I rolled my eyes and clenched my teeth. "You guys all suck."

"Actually, mi amigo mejor, you suck," Leo corrected as he tried to contain his laughter. His eyes flickered over to Silena, who was standing in front of me. "Oh, and how could I forget Silena? Silena sucks too, and a lot of it I suppose. I mean, I've never actually asked Beckendorf, but I guess I could try."

Silena blushed a deep shade of red. "Leo!" she screeched, but all Leo could so was laugh at her reaction as she huffed in exasperation and embarrassment.

I sighed. "I'm just going to go to my locker, okay? I'll see you all at lunch."

"See you later, Nico!" Silena said, the blush on her face disappearing.

"Yeah, see you at lunch! I can't wait to hear your explanation!" Leo laughed as he said, "It better be juicy like Percy's--"

Jason shut Leo's mouth with his hand. "Why can't you just say 'goodbye' to him like a normal person?"

Leo slapped Jason's hand away. "Because I'm bad boy supreme, and bad boys never follow the rules!"

Jason rolled his eyes. "What weird principles you have," Jason muttered.

I smiled at the sight before turning away and starting off toward my locker, until I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders. I glanced up as sure enough, it was Percy Jackson.

Percy smiled. "Mind if I come?"

I shook my head. "Not at all. Come if you want."

Percy chuckled. "Don't mind if I do."

He planted a kiss on the top of my head as we made our way deeper into the school toward my locker.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.5K 2.3K 19
Nico is so moody and detached all the time, and Leo has seen enough of it. When Nico helps the mechanic after a couple of Hermes kids 'mess around' w...
59.5K 1.9K 68
[DISCLAIMER: I do not own the characters in this story. All rights to Rick Riordan, the brilliant mind behind all of this.] Percy had changed. He los...
51.6K 894 13
An epic romance starts at the edge of a cliff. Romantic huh? I mean only downside is what a waits theses two lovers at the bottom of that pit. inste...
64.6K 1.7K 17
Nico Di Angelo had always had a hard time, let's face it. But he still holds on because one person and it's not Hazel. It's Percy. But though Nico s...