Love, Aurélie | REGULUS BLACK

By diggoryhiraeth

"One night, Reg. Just one night. That's all I ask for. How bad can one night be?" *** Life was a strange th... More

LOVE, AURÉLIE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty - Two
Chapter Forty - Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty - Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Epilogue
Thank You
Other Books Under This Series

Chapter Fifteen

2.4K 77 36
By diggoryhiraeth

[CHAPTER FIFTEEN]

REGULUS LOOKED AROUND THE LIBRARY. Odette remained silent as she watched him pack up and leave the library. He was a few feet away from the library when he stopped and turned to look at her.

"Are you just going to stand there?" he asked.

"O-Oh!" said Odette.

He hadn't really showed any signs that he wanted her to follow him or, if he did, Odette didn't pick up on them. She picked up her book and trailed behind Regulus. She wasn't sure why she walked behind him since it was quite obvious she was following him and Regulus wasn't walking fast, so Odette could easily catch up if she wanted to. However, she felt uncomfortable by the mere thought of walking beside him.

Regulus seemed to lead Odette to an empty classroom that Odette had never ventured into, but that wasn't surprising as she barely explored the castle with most of her free time spent in the Ravenclaw tower or library. She remained cautious as she walked in and sat on top of a rather dusty desk near the door. If the need came for it, Odette was within a few feet from the door.

Once Odette walked in, Regulus closed the door and walked over to the center of the room, which made Odette feel a tad bit better about the fact that she was in an empty classroom with someone she knew nothing but rumours about.

"We couldn't risk someone overhearing us," said Regulus, seemingly answering her question. Odette wouldn't be surprised if the question was written all over her face.

"I thought it was more like Madam Prince will have our heads to hang on the library walls as a reminder that no talking is allowed in the library," said Odette.

"That too," said Regulus as he leaned against what would have been the professor's desk.

Despite the somewhat of a joke Odette made, there was no laughing as neither knew what to say. Odette had asked her question and it was up to Regulus to answer, but she wasn't sure if she should have said something else. She couldn't tell him her motives as Mei wouldn't even let Odette tell Olivia Mae and Aditi, people Mei had known for years, so she was sure Regulus was even further down Mei's list.

"How did you find out about the — well, you know?"

That did not answer her question at all.

"The book," said Odette, "The one you stole from me."

Either Regulus didn't notice or he didn't care about her tone, though Odette was leaning towards the latter. Whichever it was didn't matter as he ignored her accusation, even though he had an urge to tell her that the book didn't belong to her, so technically he hadn't stolen anything from her. He didn't though.

"Why do you want to know about — the thing?"

Odette rose an eyebrow, he kept avoiding to say the word and she wasn't sure why. She didn't mention it though.

"I'm curious," lied Odette, she had no better excuse at the moment.

"So," started Regulus, "You, a girl who is lying about her name and appeared out of nowhere, want to know more about Death Genies because you're curious? Sounds a bit fishy if you ask me."

Well no one is asking you, thought Odette, but she didn't say it because she didn't want to lower the chances of him telling her anything.

"That's exactly what's going on," said Odette, "Except, the lying about my name part."

"That's a lie," said Regulus, "I wasn't sure if you were lying about your name but your face gave you away that day. You are lying about your name, don't even try to deny it."

Odette made a face, however she realized that he hadn't even tried to get her real name, not that Odette could give him a "real" answer as she didn't know herself.

"What makes you think I know anything about Xenio de Mortes?" He crossed his arms.

"Because I know you've been reading about Old Magic," said Odette, she would have have called it Prisca Magicae, but she didn't know how to pronounce it if she was being honest. "Death Genies are a part of Old Magic, meaning you have to know something, at least more than I do."

"What do you want me to tell you?" said Regulus, "About how they ruin people's lives? I heard that their name has nothing to do with them, but I'm starting to doubt that."

"See, you do know about them!" said Odette.

"Yes, but nothing that I'm going to share with you," said Regulus, "I don't know what you want, but just keep your nose out of it before you find out too much."

"Have you found out too much?"

Regulus appeared like he didn't know what to say for a moment before he shook his head.

"You should leave before Xun finds out her new favourite friend is missing."

"I can't tell which one you're talking about," said Odette as she climbed down from the desk, "But I'll leave since I can't get anything else out of you."

"Til next time, Black," she called out as she went to leave.

"You're not getting anything out of me," said Regulus, "So, don't even count on there being a next time."

"Oh, there will," said Odette, "And while you may not agree, you'll eventually tell me something. You see, I'm a very observant person."

"Why do I get the feeling you're threatening me?"

This time it was Regulus's turn to be ignored as Odette ran out of the classroom. There was a loud crash a few seconds after she ran away. Regulus remained still for a couple of moments before he finally left the classroom.

Apparently, Odette had crashed into a suit of armour, much to the amusement of other students.

"Odette!" Xia called out as she ran towards the girl that was sprawled out on the floor, "Are you okay?"

"I think so," said Odette as Xia pulled her to sit up, "I thought you were outside."

Lola appeared behind Xia, "We were coming inside when we heard you. That was really loud."

"We thought someone died," said Xia, only to get a whack in the arm by Lola.

"What did I say this time?!" cried out Xia.

Lola ignored her as Odette attempted to fall back on the floor, but the two girls pulled her up to her feet instead.

"Hey!" protested Odette, "The floor is quite comfortable."

"Once you look past the fact that hundreds of students step on it with their dirty shoes daily, maybe," said Xia as she crinkled her nose, "Anyway, Mei was looking for you. Have you finished all your homework yet?"

"Quite hard to when professors keep piling it," responded Odette.

Lola patted Odette's shoulder in sympathy, "It'll be over soon."

"What are you talking about?" said Odette, "The year has barely begun!"

"It's only a year though," pointed out Lola, "Xia and I still have this year and the next, it never ends!"

Xia rolled her eyes, "It's not that bad, Lola, why do you want to rush out of Hogwarts anyway?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe because there is something called a war that is happening outside while we stress over homework?" said Lola, "I'd appreciate it if I don't find out my family died through the Daily Prophet."

"And you won't," said Xia, "Now, come on, Odette, Mei is quite cranky today. I don't know what has gotten into her, honestly."

"Do you really not know or —"

This time it was Xia's turn to slap Lola.

"Of course I know! How could I forget?"

"Sorry," mumbled Lola.

"Is Mei okay?" asked Odette.

"Oh, she's fine," said Xia, "Don't worry about it."

"If she screams at you, don't take it personal, okay?" said Lola, "Just a heads up."

"Thank you?" said Odette, though it sounded more like a question.

"Let's go," said Xia.

Odette nodded, but she couldn't help but sneak a peek down the corridor where she came from. She wasn't sure what she was hoping for when she looked back at the classroom, which was alone once again. However, she didn't find anything as Regulus Black was gone from the scene.

"Odette!" said Xia loudly.

Odette turned her attention away from the corridor and turned to Xia, "Coming!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 3.8K 189
"This is our story: Reggie, Evan, and I." A Marauders Era story that follows the reader (FMC), Regulus Black & Evan Rosier through their last year at...
1.6M 106K 64
Since the time she was a young girl, Éponine Rosier has learned the importance of marrying a respectable pureblood and not trusted to make the decisi...
219 25 10
Regulus Black x Fem!OC Marauders' era ( 1975 - 1979 ) ─── ☽ ─── "Mister Black", nodding her head in the most formal manner, Thea looked at the Black...
68.1K 1.6K 23
Y/N Malfoy seemed to have the prefect life.... A pureblood Slytherin witch who was the ABSOLUTE apple of her father Abraxas' eye! She was everything...