I Claim Your LOVE

By rvik28

Callan has been a non-shifter his entire life. He was ridiculed and looked down upon. But with the help of hi... More

Punishment is in order
The First Instinct
The Great Escape
Unknown Feelings
A Birthday to Celebrate
A Birthday to Regret
Out Of Control
The First Kiss
Reinforcements
The Sacrifice
The Ancient Book
Mesmerised
Meeting The Ashtons
A Stranger With Powers
Invitations
A Chance Meeting
My Mate
The Known Secret
Beast Beloved
A Trap
The Awakening
Nightmare
Unanswered
Make A Wish
Stabbed
A Trip To The Mountains
To Heal A Heart
Too Close Yet Too Far
The Trials
A Winning Loser
A New Role
Jealousy Thy Name
To Love Is Divine
Welcoming The Guests
The Blessed And The Cursed
The Supreme Being
A Firm Decision
Where He Belongs
A Friendly Advice
The Call
Me For You
The Pit Of Death
To Lend A Helping Hand
Making A Move
The Mysterious Girl
Uncrown
A Task For My Friend
A Ray Of Hope
Amendments
A Failed Promise
In Heat
Taken
Deal With The Devil
Objections
Unforgiven
Expulsion
No More Escape
Vengeance With A Pride
Closer To The Truth
It Will Always Be You
A Place To Call 'Home'
The Stone Of Majalvik
The Past That Haunts
No Matter What
A Step Closer
The Bleeding Heart
Framed
Challenged
The Battle Of The Eternals
Travesty Of Justice
Rising From Ashes
The Worst Of The Hurt
Epilogue-1
Epilogue 2

The Other Form

6K 328 10
By rvik28

For the next several days Callan was advised bed rest. His leg was bothering him. The healers under the guidance of lady Odile performed several measures to cure the wounded leg. None of which proved effective for him. Aurora even tried to perform her magic potions on Callan but she failed time and again. The growing concern of the head Warrior and his mate affected even the Alpha. Aurora knew that Callan may suffer a permanent damage to his leg and it may happen that he would not be able to walk. Ever.

Einar paid frequent visits to meet Garrick, but in reality all he wanted to do was to get a glimpse of the face which had ruled his dreams these days. Unfortunately for him Garrick had recovered completely just after a few days of the incident. So Einar could no longer visit as frequently as he used to do. It saddened him the most; he missed his trainings and socialized even less with others. He was worried for the boy. He would enquire about his well being to other pack members every chance he got. This unknown concern within him was baffling to say the least. Callan had clouded his thoughts more so often. He was desperate to get the boy out of his mind, but the more he tried the more he failed.

On the other hand back in his room, Callan was absorbed in his thoughts when a knock on the door caught his attention.

"How is my darling doing today? How is your leg?" Aurora set aside her bag and sat in front of Callan crossing her legs.

"I guess I'm fine. The pain seems to be on the same level as it was on the first day. I don't think it is going to subside anytime soon." Callan exhaled with defeat.

"Don't think about that honey. We are trying our best; your father has even consulted healers from other packs and even other clans. We will surely find a way." Assurance was all Aurora could give Callan at the moment, deep down she knew that the problem was grave. The situation with Callan's wound was worsening day by day. Unless a solution is presented, Callan was in danger. She changed the bandages and applied the cure on him. With a curt smile she excused herself and went straightaway to find Justus.

*****

"We have discussed this already; there is no proper explanation to whatever conclusions we are making. We need someone who could answer our questions. One who knows it all." Umberto was presenting his case on the ongoing discussion in the Alphas office.

"I know that. But the problem is as soon as this news gets out, my son would be a target. Every other Alpha would try to capture him or influence him for his own benefit." The Alpha was even more pensive now. "Before we seek out help we must figure out what caused this situation in the first place."

"The entire pack knows Alpha. They fear Einar, they see him as an abomination. From what I have heard the people are keeping a safe distance or even running away on the plain sight of the boy. For the same reason Einar has stopped socializing. It is not fair to the little boy when he does not even know about his powers." The Alpha nodded in agreement for what Justus said.

"May I come in Alpha." Aurora was on the door waiting for the Alpha's response.

"The healer, please come in. What brings you here?" Aurora took the empty seat adjacent to the Alphas desk. She saw that the Alpha, beta and the head warrior were circling another table with some papers and inks.

"Have I disturbed you?"

"Of course not. Just give us a moment." Ragnar rolled his papers and headed for his chair whereas Umberto and Justus took the vacant seats in front of the Alpha. "So you were saying.."

"I heard a bit of your conversation when I was standing outside the door. I am sorry to intrude your privacy, but I guess you were talking about the future Alpha, your son. Maybe I can help." Ragnar looked at his friends who were in the same dilemma. Should they tell Aurora or refrain. Einar's transformation was a serious situation and the less the people knew the better. His son's safety mattered the most for Ragnar as his packs future depended on it. But what if he could not handle the situation? What if it's too late?

Should they trust Aurora?

Ragnar needed every help he could possibly get. Maybe being a half witch on his side could prove to be an added advantage. Ragnar ran his hands through his hairs and exhaled.

"I believe whatever we would be discussing would be for your ears only. Confidential."

"I promise you Alpha. You have my word." Aurora took the traditional oath of secrecy to assure Alpha that she means no harm.

"The shedim spirits have been a part of our existence for a very long time. Every Alpha wolf of the Blue Moon pack is born with an individual spirit of their own. These spirits are demonic, lurid, and ghastly. Every supernatural clan is aware of the destruction and mayhem this spirit can cause. It is one the reasons why we have been living in peace for so long, nobody wants to mess with the spirit. They can win you wars and even kingdoms. You could be the ruler of the world.

But the spirit has a downside to it.

These spirits are inconsiderate. When on a destruction spree they will not differentiate between old and young, men and warriors even women and children. If need be they would even sacrifice their own kin."

Aurora gasped in shock. She had never known this side of the Shedim spirit. She and the entire pack in fact have always seen their Alpha use this power to win battles or save the members of the pack.

"You mean that the spirit can also kill its own child!"

"Yes. As I said they don't differentiate when in blood bath. Now my main concern is that the spirit shows itself or manifests its energy only on the coronation day of the Alpha, which of course occurs on a blue moon night, which in itself is quite rare. But Einar has already awakened the spirit within him without a coronation or even without a blue moon. This is truly unheard of."

"Maybe the attack from the dragon might have triggered the spirit."

"Do you think the boy is that weak?" The Alpha snorted derisively; agitated by the fact that the healer thinks his kin was lacking with force or ability.

"NO Alpha, my apologies. What I meant was that the Dragon could have made Einar angry and that must have triggered this whole thing."

"This is exactly the thought which is concerning me. Einar is an Alpha wolf; his wolf is capable enough to fight any creature in the world. Hell he is even more stronger than I am. On the other hand, the dragon shifter was a maladroit. For other members of the pack the dragon was definitely a danger but he wasn't a big threat for Einar's wolf. He could have easily taken over and defended himself which is the norm in these kinds of situations."

"I still don't understand why it is a big problem that Einar's shedim spirit showed itself. It would have happened at some point of time eventually." Aurora was a little perplexed over the information she was receiving.

"The spirit within you lies moribund until the coronation ceremony. At the ceremony however when the enchantments begin to awaken your spirit, it feels like your life is been taken away from you. Everything is at a standstill; the air in your body betrays you. Every part of you is screaming in agony. It was the most difficult moment of my life.

The most pain I have ever suffered in my existence.

When the elder bestows the wisdom staff on your head, you feel a surge of energy like nothing else. The power is maddening. And then the spirit in you awakens. The primal instinct of the spirit is to show his dominance to the world by doing what it does best. Kill."

Ragnar remembered his coronation ceremony when the spirit got out of control which resulted in complete chaos and anarchy. The spirit had killed its own people in the zest for power. He became the bloodstained monster everyone despised.

Calm down Alpha, It was not your fault. Umberto spoke through his mind link. The disturbing emotions of the Alpha could be felt by the entire pack at this moment which was not a good sign.

"Then how did the destruction stopped?" Aurora was curios.

"When the spirit was causing mayhem, the elders pushed Zelda to my side. She was my mate and the future Luna. She bravely but cautiously took measured steps in my way. Just a glimpse of her stopped me in my tracks and from what I was doing. She put one hand on my chest and the other on the back of my neck. We stared each other for a long time when she finally kissed me. Every vein in my body was pumping blood to my heart, the spirit was long gone. Zelda saved the pack. Saved me."

Ragnar cracked a smile on remembering the day he claimed his beloved.

"This was not the first time it had happened. Even some of my forefathers had to suffer the same fate; you can only be stopped by the presence of your true mate cause the spirit will recognize 'his soul' only. This is the reason why every Alpha wolf in our pack has to first find his mate to claim the title and hold the reigns. Einar is still naïve, without proper training and experience he is bound to make mistakes. He is like a volcano that can erupt anytime anywhere. Given his age, he could be easily influenced and be used as a weapon. Einar's powers are unprecedented; I'm still trying to figure out the strength and capabilities of his wolf and now his spirit shows up! He is an unknown territory for us. But one thing is for sure.

He is capable of a mass destruction."

"That is a lot of information to digest." Aurora still could not believe what she heard about Einar. She realized that she was playing with fire the other day when she was teasing Einar in front of Callan. But then she remembered something. "If Einar's spirit has shown himself, can it be possible that it was trying to protect someone who was dear to him. Someone significant."

Aurora was convinced about what she was assuming was true but she needed verification.

"This could only happen in the case of a true mate. If the spirit has strong intuition that his mate's life is in jeopardy; that his mate is in danger; He will do anything in his power to eliminate the danger."

This confirms my doubt about Callan and Einar. Aurora thought.

"But as you can see Einar is just thirteen and so finding his mate is impossible at his age. Moreover the premise had presence of the dragon which he killed, his best friend Garrick, and Justus' son Callan. His mate was not there or we would have known definitely."

If only they knew. Aurora thought. She then moved her focus to Justus "Speaking of Callan; I need to talk to you Justus."

Justus demeanor changed after hearing his son's name. He was worried for his son. He focused his attention to the healer now.

"Callan's condition is not improving. On the contrary he is getting worse day by day, the infected wound is hampering any chance of recovery he has. I know you have reached for other healers as well, and let me tell you we have used their methods too. But nothing seems to be working for him."

"There must be some way. Luna have mercy." Justus was desperate while he felt helpless for his son.

Einar knocked on the door and the room diverted its attention to him. He gave a short wave of greeting to everyone but Aurora. He did not like her proximity with Callan. He was jealous of the healer.

"Mother sent me to fetch the invitations for next month's soiree."

"Its alright son, you will find some invitations in the drawer and some on the table. Count those cards before you go Einar, make sure you have everyone on the list." Einar nodded at once and moved towards the cupboard. While Einar was searching for the invitations Aurora came up with a vague idea, something that could cure Callan. It was a long shot but it was worth a try.

"I have to be truthful to you Justus; I don't think Callan would make it." Justus' heart constricted at those words, bile formed in his throats. He was devastated. The Alpha and Beta were crestfallen. They loved the boy dearly. Hearing Callan's name made Einar's ears perk up. Aurora knew that it was harsh on the father to say such a thing but she wanted to gain Einar's attention. And she did.

"You have been curing people from centuries. Don't tell me this is a first of a kind case you've ever encountered. You have to transform my boy in good shape again. Please..." Justus almost choked while pleading his case.

Aurora smirked mentally when she saw Einar glancing sideways, almost hiding the fact that he was intruding their conversation. This is exactly what she wanted.

"Well there is a way about which we all know."

"What is it. Please tell me, I will do anything to save my son's life." Justus hunched and was miserably helpless.

"A strong Alpha bloodline or Callan's TRUE MATE can only save him. A wolf's saliva has healing properties as we all know. A true mate can heal his other half or take away the pain. Since we don't know who Callan's mate is, we can't waste our time on that probability. We have to choose the other option. Alpha Ragnar, you come from a powerful bloodline of Alphas. I think we should try using you as a last resort method."

"I will be delighted to help. We should not waste any time, let's go." Aurora shook her head and gestured The Alpha to relax.

"We can't do that right now. As I said Callan needs his true mate to relieve him of all the pain. Your powers won't work on any day unlike the case of a true mate. We have to wait until the next full moon, day after tomorrow. Your powers would be magnified and we can pray that Callan survives his fate."

Einar unconsciously scrambled the cards when he closed his fists in exasperation. He stood up abruptly and walked himself out in haste. Ragnar could deduce Einar's mood but could not understand the reason behind it. But Aurora understood that her plan had worked perfectly. She knew that only a true mate can remove the physical pain of his beloved. She also knew that the Alpha wolf's saliva won't work on Callan since he is not a wolf. But she had to try something since Callan and Einar were both too young to identify each other as their mates. She hoped that things would be different the next day...

****

The next morning Callan woke up feeling dizzy. He got out of the bed and looked himself in the mirror to witness his disheveled hair and his untidy look. He took two steps towards his door when his brows touched the sky on realizing that his left leg was pain free. He moved his leg slowly in backward forward movement and then sideways. He was ecstatic, he could walk and jump and stand on his feet effortlessly like nothing had happened to him. He pulled his pants down to closely observe that the wound was completely healed. In fact there were no scar marks as well.

But how was this even possible.

********

Please don't forget to vote, comment and review.

Stay healthy. Stay safe.

Enjoy reading...!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 1.5K 12
A mediocre human isn't exactly a likely protagonist, or so he thinks until something decidedly not average happens to him - an alpha werewolf way out...
446K 21.9K 104
It was supposed to be an easy job. Get the phone and run like hell. Make a few hundred bucks for food, a nice hot shower, and a warm bed to sleep in...
398K 20K 68
*COMPLETED* After Asher's parents were killed by their enemy pack, he has to take over the position of alpha. Since his parents didn't believe in mat...
133K 5.9K 21
Life as an Alpha has always been viewed as the easier path; Alphas are the top of the food chain, lead the packs, and are the deciding force in the w...