Love, Aurélie | REGULUS BLACK

By diggoryhiraeth

"One night, Reg. Just one night. That's all I ask for. How bad can one night be?" *** Life was a strange th... More

LOVE, AURÉLIE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty - Two
Chapter Forty - Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty - Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Epilogue
Thank You
Other Books Under This Series

Chapter Eight

3.1K 98 11
By diggoryhiraeth

[CHAPTER EIGHT]

"ODETTE! OVER HERE!"

Thankfully, Mei had taken it upon herself to be Odette's time manager. She had created a schedule that would help Odette have enough time to learn, but enough time so Odette wouldn't pull out her hair.

Hua had gotten Giotto to babysit again and invited Odette to join her in the second part of the lesson. Odette didn't hesitate to accept. Mei and Xia tagged along, despite neither of them enjoying to play Quidditch. As Xia stated many times, she would rather sit on the stands than be out on the field.

Odette was introduced to a couple friends that the three sisters invited to join them in their game of Quidditch. Mei was originally upset that Aditi couldn't join as she was out of the country, but Mei cheered up rather quickly when Bray accepted the invitation.

There wasn't fourteen people like there would usually be, simply because the Xun sisters were very picky about who they invited. Instead of three chasers per team, there was only two, one seeker, one keeper, and one beater. So in total, the Xun sisters invited six people.

The Xun sisters were all on the same team with Odette and Bray (upon Mei's request). On the opposite team was Lola (Xia's friend), Desiree (Hua's friend), Artair (Hua's friend), Cairbre (Artair's brother), and Charissa (Olivia Mae's sister).

The game was rather messy, but Odette barely realized. She played different roles and had currently been playing as a chaser when Xia shouted at her.

Odette's least favorite role had been the beater position as the Bludgers scared her. Once or twice she had sent the Bludgers towards her own teammates. She also crashed into the hoop a couple of times while trying to stop a Quaffle. She enjoyed the role of seeker, except she got distracted easily and it was easy for the Golden Snitch to get passed her. The chaser position wasn't bad either, except she had weak arms and could not throw far enough to save a life.

She wasn't alone though as both Mei and Xia weren't good players either. She felt a lot better when the two made similar mistakes as she had, as long as they didn't get hurt that was. Other than that, Odette enjoyed Quidditch, she just wasn't the best at it, she wasn't even decent.

"I got it!" shouted Hua, raising her hand to reveal the Golden Snitch.

"That's not fair!" said Desiree, "You're clearly the best player here. You rock with whatever position you play."

"Yes, I know," said Hua.

They all went back to the ground with the exception of Hua and Bray, who caught the bludgers before they strapped them into the trunk.

"Hua!" called out Mei, "Can we visit The Three Broomsticks now? You promised us."

"You're an adult, go yourself," said Hua.

"I can't!" cried out Mei, "I failed my exam!"

"Ha!" laughed Xia.

"Oh shut up!" said Mei, "I bet you'll apparate inside a toilet."

"I'd rather apparate inside a toilet than end up seeing my legs on the opposite side of the room. That would traumatize me," said Xia.

"You got splinched?" said Bray, his eyes wide as he stared at Mei.

"No!" said Mei, "Well — yes, but it wasn't that bad."

"Wasn't that bad?" repeated Xia, "Madam Pomfrey had to come get me because you wouldn't stop crying."

"Xia, I will make you shut up if you don't."

"Hey, look on the bright side!" said Xia, "You'll get to take the classes with me, so you'll be able to watch and learn."

Mei groaned, "I already have to spend way too much time with you at home and now at school?"

They all bade goodbye to each other. Some Odette would see at Hogwarts and others Odette would probably never see again.

"Let's go," said Hua, "I already told mum to pick up Emery and Rosie."

Once they all arrived in Hogsmeade, Mei dragged Odette towards The Three broomsticks.

"You have to try the Butterbeer!"

And so she did. The taste wasn't familiar to her, but she enjoyed it. She wasn't sure if it was the best thing she would ever taste (in the words of Mei), but it was rather tasty.

"How do you feel about attending Hogwarts?" asked Xia.

"Nervous," said Odette, "but I suppose I am a little excited."

"And rightfully so!" said Hua, "This is the one year of your life where you'll get to experience attending Hogwarts."

"Is it really that big of a deal?" said Odette.

"Of course it is!" exclaimed Xia, "Hogwarts is like a second home to many students. It's where so many of us grow up. We make our biggest mistakes in Hogwarts, whether they are hanging out with the wrong people or not sorting our priorities until it's too late. Whatever they may be Hogwarts gives us a second chance to learn from our mistakes. We break the bad friendships and create healthy new ones. And Hogwarts is where a lot of us meet our future spouse!"

"That has not happened to me yet," sighed Mei, "But it does happen! Our parents met at Hogwarts and Hua met Lynwood at Hogwarts! Maybe you'll find someone at Hogwarts, Odette!"

"That's not my priority," said Odette, taking another sip from her butterbeer.

"What is your priority?" questioned Hua, "Is it knowledge? power? honor?"

"I just want to know who I am and where I come from," said Odette, "I want to know what happened to my family. Learning about this world is just a bonus."

"We'll try to help you," said Mei, "We might not be much help, but we'll try."

"That's all I could ask from you, thank you."

The Xun family was such a huge help to Odette. They went to great lengths to take her under their wings, taught her a lot, and spent money on her even if they didn't need to. Eventually came the day where Odette had to take the O.W.L.s.

Liu was the only one who was going to join her. They would meet Dumbledore on Hogwarts grounds and he would then introduce Odette to the professor that would supervise her O.W.L.s. Odette didn't remember taking any exams, but she already knew she wouldn't like them.

"You'll do fine," said Liu as they walked on Hogwarts grounds.

"And if I don't?" asked Odette.

"Don't think like that," said Liu, "Remember what Mei told you?"

"She told me to get at least five O.W.L.s," said Odette, "It's the subjects we focused on."

Liu nodded, "Try your best."

They were greeted by Dumbledore once they made it to castle grounds. Odette gaped as she stared at the castle in front of them. She knew it was a huge castle from what she was told, but it was a lot more amazing in person. Her eyes scanned not only the castle, but the land around it. The green grass and tall trees. It was absolutely beautiful.

"Hello," said Dumbledore, "How are you feeling, Odette?"

"I'm alright," said Odette.

"Did you have a good rest?"

Odette nodded.

"That's good," said Dumbledore, "Follow me."

Liu and Odette followed Dumbledore. Odette looked at every corner in the castle she could, it just amazed her.

"This is the only time the castle will be this quiet," said Liu, "So, you better enjoy it."

Odette wasn't sure why Hogwarts being quiet was a good thing. She would love to see Hogwarts during the school year when it was full of life.

Dumbledore opened the door to a classroom and lead them inside.

"Odette, meet Professor McGonagall," said Dumbledore, "She will watch over you as you test."

"Hello," smiled Odette.

Professor McGonagall nodded, "Nice to meet you. Please take a seat."

Odette waved at Liu and took a seat at a nearby desk. Liu and Dumbledore left the clsssroom and Odette turned back to Professor McGonagall.

She was one step closer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219 25 10
Regulus Black x Fem!OC Marauders' era ( 1975 - 1979 ) ─── ☽ ─── "Mister Black", nodding her head in the most formal manner, Thea looked at the Black...
25.6K 622 13
Y/n Lupin, Remus' little sister was sorted in Ravenclaw. Of course, this did not prevent the friendship between her and the so-called Marauders. At...
1.6M 106K 64
Since the time she was a young girl, Éponine Rosier has learned the importance of marrying a respectable pureblood and not trusted to make the decisi...