The Perfect One

By WishThatWasMe

Kirsten Callister had the life anyone would envy. Unless they knew the details of the secret her past held... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
THE END - Please read at least the bold part.

Chapter 7

541 19 13
By WishThatWasMe

(A/N) The celeb to play David has been changed xx 

AND, I also don't know if you needed tickets to go to the show, it's just a part in the plot so go with the flow? :P Same for the album coz it was released the next day.

I was almost on cloud nine. 

Last month, on my birthday, I got the best gift ever. The Up All Night DVD and passes to come here to Rockefeller Plaza and watch One Direction perform. I hooted again. The excitement was way too much to contain.

Tia ad Zoey were with me. After the show we're going to meet the guys at my place to watch some movies and then probably go out for dinner or something. We've got spring break so there isn't much to do, anyway. 

And then One Direction was out on stage. The screams were deafening but their voices soared over the noise. I could feel the exhilerating energy around me and for the next twenty minutes, I left behind everthing linking me to reality and got lost in the concert. 

Leaving from there was difficult, but Tia, Zoey and I managed to accept the fact that it was over and piled into the car. But Tia had decided that she wasn't done yet. 

I couldn't blame her. Boyfriends weren't generally appreciative of their girlfriends having celebrity crushes whom they talked about constantly on end. Tia needed to freak out over our experience and thus, we were practically the only people who would listen to her. 

Zoey and I were quiet for a while, allowing her monologue. Zoey was also visibly annoyed since she was usually the one to do most of the talking. About five minutes later, though, Zoey looked at me and shruugged, indicating towards Tia. 

I grinned, suppressing a laugh, and the two of us proceeded to join her in her 'fangirling' session. 

~*~

"Are we late?" Jason asked as I opened the back door of my house to let him in. Wait. Why was he at the back door and not the front? Patrick - the security guy - obviously let them in but why was he at the back door? And where were Michael and David?

"If you call half an hour late, then yes." Zoey replied. "Why are you so late?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

I wasn't paying attention. A flash of colour behind him caught my eye. 

"What is Michael doing?" I asked Jason.

"Um, he - " I didnt wait for his answer but barged out of the house.

"MICHAEL! DON"T YOU DARE! " I screamed. I couldn't really process what was happening. All I knew was Michael was spray-painting my swing.

He didn't budge, making me angrier by the passing second. "The deed has been done." He said, calmly. David was no help. He was passing Michael some paints and himself splashing colour.

Behind me, I heard snickering. Apparently, Jason had also been part of the plan.

Trying to find reason, I asked, "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

 "You're garden needs some change. It's been the same for years." Michael replied, as if he couldn't see the infuriation on my face.

"Maybe because I LIKE IT THAT WAY!" I screamed, again. Seriously! There is only so much a person can bear!

"I promise, you'll love it when we're done." Michael said.

Tia was standing next to me now.

"Mike, maybe you shouldn't. Her dad might not like you messing things up in their house. It's private property after all," she said.

That wasn't exactly true. My dad had been suggesting for weeks to make some 'modifications' to the place. But I loved it the way it was. It was where I came to have some time alone. Where I could get away from the chaos of the world. Where I came when I felt low. I was so attached to it!

"Her dad's gone for a business trip." David said, matter-of-factly. "And he asked us to do this." 

Wait, WHAT?! Dad! I thought I made it clear that I didn't want a change! 

I looked at the part of the garden that had already been painted.They must have been here for  a long time. Mom was not at home. Sherly, the housekeeper, has gone out somewhere. And neither me nor Tia nor Zoey had had any need of going to the back of the house.

One side of the garden had been coated with purple paint with flower and butterfly patterns. Then other side had just been started with a blue background and stars. I think they were going to paint the space.

The former pink/white safehaven of mine was no more. The result, atleast what they had been able to finish, was incredible!

"Kirsten? Kirsten?" Jason was asking, waving his hand infront of me. I realised I'd been holding my breath. 

"Sorry. Zoned out."

David grinned at me. "You love it. I know you do." 

"Yeah! It's amazing! Your design?" I asked.

David nodded. "I thought of having a different theme for each side. A different one for the swimming pool too." He's known for being one of the best artists in school. Painting would not have been difficult for Michael and Jason if David had given a base or something. 

I know. I shouldn't have burst! But, dad's nagging was annoying me and then to actually see someone put it in action... Anyone would have become angry.

"C'mon. that's enough for today," Jason said.

"Yeah. We'll do the side of the pool and the benches tomorrow," Michael agreed.

"Sorry about my,  um, outburst." I said, uncomfortably.

"It's okay," he replied, finding it funny for some reason.

"Is dad paying you for this?" 

"150 bucks each," Michael said, with a look of satisfaction.

WHAT?! A hundred and fifty dollars?!

"Jason tugged at my open jaw, "Dont be so shocked. He had a hard time convicing you anyway." His touch sent a shock down my spine.

We entered the house and went to the huge living room. "God! I love this place!" David said, jumping onto the sofa.  

I rolled my eyes. He acts like a small child.

"Dude! You spend a quarter of your time here. And there is nothing wrong with your house. Think of all the other people out there who don't live in Chelsea." Jason said.

"But, its so much more classy here." 

I left them to their argument and went to the kitchen to make some popcorn.

It had been 2 months since I met Jason and we had become the best of friends. We just got along so well. Our parents had met too through business connections. He had become really close with Michael and David too. The second day of school he'd entered the school building only to be stormed by a huge crowd of girls. So at lunch he came and sat with us to escape those who were begging for him to join them. They left as soon as he sat down. 

Our table was one of those places people avoided. Unlike the cheerleaders and jocks, none of us really wanted all the attention. The only reason we were popular was because each of us had special talents (Except, Michael was the top basketball player at school, so that was different. Not that he wasn't talented otherwise. Cause he totally was) and leadership qualities and maybe the looks. I probably sound like I'm boasting but no I'm not.

Michael, Tia and I had been friends since like kindergarten. Grace, Zoey and David joined school later. And the first time David sat with us, he got so angry with the people coming to talk to us every 5 minutes, he stormed out of the room screaming at them to leave us alone! I guess you could say that that set them right. 

None of us had really objected before to the kids coming to us, but we liked it better without all the crowd.

Now, everything seemed fine between me and Jason. Except, it wasn't. I loved him. He just didn't love me back as more than a friend.

The beeps of the microwave shook me out of my thoughts. Suddenly, I jumped when I saw a figure staring at me intently.

"Chill! It's only me." I focused my eyes to see that it was Jason.

"Shit. Don't do that! " I said, trying to calm my nerves. "What?!" He was smiling at me strangely, as if he had a secret.

"You're cute when you're scared." He replied, nonchalantly and went to remove the popcorn. Thank God too. He couldn't see the deep blush on my cheeks. 

I was taking deep breaths to calm myself after both shocks when he put the popcorn bags on the cabinet and suddenly put his arms around me.

"I thought I aksed you to chill," he said.

I snuggled deep into his chest. I know it was a friendly hug but it calmed by distrotten nerves making me feel a lot better.

I didn't want to pull away but Jason did. 

"C'mon. They must be waiting for us," he said, grabbing a bowl and indicating for me to come.

Zoey and Michael were fighting over the movie. 

"SHOPAHOLIC?! You think I would watch shopaholic?!" Michael was screaming.

"What's so wrong with that?! It's a nice, sweet movie." Zoey replied back.

"Look. Karate Kid is obviously the better choice. It's action but it still has got a good storyline. Be happy I'm not putting Thor or something." Michael said, trying to sound reasonable.

"The old Karate Kid or the new one?" Jason interrupted.

"The new one, duh! Kirsten doesn't even have the old one." Michael replied.

"Kirsten! Will you please tell Michael to let us put Confessions of a Shopaholic? He won't even listen to his girlfriend! I mean, what gentleman does that!" Zoey was trying to provoke him but Michael only gave an 'I'm-So-Sorry' look to Tia.

I looked at them. Zoey should seriously know better than ask me. I live on action movies!

I raised my eyebrows at her and she realised what she had just done. 

"Fine. Just wake me up when the movie is over," she said.

David and Michael were high-fiving each other. But quietly. So that Zoey wouldn't hear. 

"No Grace?" David asked.

"Cheerleading practice," Tia replied.

"Man! Doesn't that girl ever have a break?" he whined. 

I put the DVD into the player, shut all the curtains and joined the others at the sofa. 

Jason sat next to me. Dark room, movie, popcorn. Scene for a perfect date. Except that it wasn't. 

(A/N) Thankyou to everyone who has voted and commented so far <3

This is probably my longest chapter yet.

Tell me what you think and dont forget to VOTE and SHARE.

Dedicated to Av for helping me with the movies and for being my first fan :D <3 And for keeping me going with the book. Ily <3 

Right. I freaking LOVE Nathaniel Buzolic. 

And the amazing banner is made by @NicoleDirectioner. Thanks So Much. ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
127K 5.5K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...
16.8M 648K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
4M 86.7K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...