The Reverend's Daughter (Book...

By Jaidesmamasmama

Violet Petals has found a maid that touches his heart. Charming, funny, and extraordinarily handsome, the pir... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six Part One
Chapter Six Part Two
Chapter Seven Part One
Chapter Seven Part Two
Chapter Eight Part One
Chapter Eight Part Two
Chapter Eight Part 3
Chapter Nine
Chapter Nine Part Three
Chapter Ten
Chapter Ten Part Two
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Eleven Part Two
Chapter Twelve
Twelve Part Two
Chapter Thirteen
Thirteen Part Two
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fourteen Part Two
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Fifteen Part Two
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Sixteen Part Two
Chapter Seventeen
Seventeen Part Two
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Eighteen Part Two
Eighteen Part Three
Chapter Nineteen
Nineteen Part Two
Nineteen Part Three
Chapter Twenty
Twenty Part Two
Twenty Part Three
Twenty One Part One
Twenty One Part Two
Twenty One Part Three
Twenty One Part Four
Twenty Two Part One
Twenty Two Part Two
Twenty Two Part Three
Twenty Two Part Four
Twenty Three Part One
Twenty Three Part Two
Twenty Three Part Three
Twenty Four Part One
Twenty Four Part Two
Twenty Four Part Three
Twenty Five Part One
Twenty Five Part Two
Twenty Five Part Three
Twenty Six Part One
Twenty Six Part Two
Twenty Six Part Three
Twenty Seven Part One
Twenty Seven Part Two
Twenty Seven Part Three
Twenty Eight Part One
Twenty Eight Part Two
Twenty Eight Part Three
Twenty Nine Part One
Twenty Nine Part Two
Twenty Nine Part Three
Twenty Nine Part Four
Thirty Part One
Thirty Part Two
Thirty Part Three
Thirty Part Four
Thirty One Part One
Thirty One Part Two
Thirty One Part Three
Thirty One Part Four
Thirty Two Part One
Thirty Two Part Two
Thirty Two Part Three
Thirty Two Part Four
Chapter Thirty Three Part One
Thirty Three Part Two
Thirty Three Part Three
Thirty Three Part Four
Thirty Four Part One
Thirty Four Part Two
Thirty Four Part Three
Thirty Four Part Four
Thirty Five Part One
Thirty Five Part Two
Thirty Five Part Three
Thirty Five Part Four
Thirty Six Part One
Thirty Six Part Two
Thirty Six Part Three
Thirty Six Part Four
Thirty Seven
Thirty Seven Part Two
Thirty Seven Part Three
Thirty Seven Part Four
Thirty Eight
Thirty Eight Part Two
Thirty Eight Part Three
Thirty Eight Part Four
Thirty Nine
Thirty Nine Part Two
Thirty Nine Part Three
Chapter Forty
Forty Part Two
Forty Part Three
Forty Part Four
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty One Part Two
Chapter Forty One Part Three
Forty One Part Four
Chapter 42
Forty Two P. 2
Chapter 42 P. 3
Forty Two P 4
Forty Three
Authors Note *Not an update
Forty Three Part 2
Forty Three P. 3
Forty Three Part Four
Chapter Forty Four
Forty Four Part Two
Forty Four Part Three
Forty Four Part Four
Forty Four Part Five
Forty Five
Forty Five Part Two
Forty Five Part Three

Nine Part Two

12.2K 630 22
By Jaidesmamasmama

The galley was a good size room, it was divided from the mess hall by a counter, on which food was passed over to the crew at mealtimes. Josh was busy in the galley, cooking up the breadfruit that he and some of the other men had gathered that afternoon. They were preparing the dish in expectation of serving it with fresh fish this evening. They had also gathered plantains, coconuts and guava fruit. They had followed the trail inland, passing the stream Vi and Betsy had followed the day before, and came upon the fruit trees in their explorations. Knowing the children would need a more diverse menu than simply salted pork and breads, they were pleased their trek had produced results.

There were now stores of the breadfruit, which would keep, as well as the coconuts. They had only taken as many plantains and guavas as they would need over the next couple of days, and would be gathering more of those before they left the isle.

One of the men was shucking and splitting coconuts, retaining the liquid, to be mixed in with the mashed breadfruit and plantains. It would also be used as a liquid for cooking rice when they were back on the sea. The meat of the coconuts had to be pried out of their shells, which was then grated or dried in large pieces to be added to recipes, or snacked on later by the growing boys, who knew no end to their appetites.

As the breadfruit was cooking and needed time to soften, Josh cut up some guava fruit, filling a plate for the tots who sat in the mess hall with Paulie. Since Paulie's men had the meal preparations well in hand, he had elected to watch over the wee ones so Betsy could give the cabin boys who wanted to learn, their shooting lesson.

Paulie was making boats and fish, snakes and worms, turtles and even little people shapes out of the dough. The children were making a mess, but Paulie had them well in hand. They were suitably impressed by his creations, trying to copy all that he made.

"Wook, Paw Paw, is you!" Jonah held his blob up, for Paulie to admire, his face wreathed in a smile that matched Paulie's own.

"Why, 'tis, Jonah! That be looking jus like me! A fine job, ye be doin' there, boy." Paulie then encouraged Jonah to make a pile of worms for the bird that Paulie was making next. The girls wanted to make worms too, so the bird would have plenty to eat.

Sarah sat on Paulie's left, she reached over to pull on his sleeve, "Paw Paw, help me, too!"

Paulie was in heaven, he could not remember ever having so much fun, he did not miss his job, and had no desire to leave the tots to attend his duties. Actually, he did not even remember he had duties, as supervising the children's play would now take up a large space of his every afternoon. He had found some short crates to boost the children up on the benches. Jonah would also use his, at mealtimes, to eat at the table with his brother and the other men.

Josh brought them the fruit to snack on, and as he set it on the table in the midst of all the dough creations, he tried to hide his smile at the transformation in the older man.

"Thank ye Josh, aren't ye all going to thank Josh fer bringin ye yer snack?" Paulie looked around at his little subjects, who all piped up with their thanks to Josh, also.

"Ye be more than welcome, but do not eat too much, we shall have a fine supper before too long." Josh chided.

"We won't." Paulie and Lila said at the same time. They smiled at each other, Paulie winked at her, and she blinked back at him, then they bent to their dough once more.

Josh could not contain his smile as he made his way back into the galley.

Pete, Sam and Timothy entered, each carrying a bushel of the ocean's bounty. They were loud and boisterous, feeling quite proud of themselves, and their catch. The men had netted a fine amount of salt fish, which would go far in feeding the crew their chowders and stews. Timothy had bagged enough lobster and conches for their dinner that evening. They would be feasting tonight, and in the days to come, until they quit this isle and would have to ration their stores once again.

"And this is not even all of it, we need to empty these, and get the rest from the boat, t'was a good day for fishing today, Josh!" Pete emptied his bushel into the barrel Josh directed him to, then set it down to take Timothy's basket from him and empty it, also. Bart did the same, then the three of them filed back out, going to gather the remaining catch from the boat.

Josh shook his head at the situation he now found himself in. He would have to recruit some men to clean and prepare the fish for salting. He had never had a bounty such as this to deal with. Josh realized, as he looked into the barrel, there had been more good abounding since that little Miss joined the ship, than there had ever been before.

Just the change in Paulie amazed him, not to mention the state of the ship itself, and the overall moral of the men. They were being blessed in so many ways by just one little lady and her positive attitude. She was loving and kind, cute as a button, and he could see that she and Violet had fallen madly in love.

Josh had stood at the rail for a short while earlier, watching Violet give her the swimming lesson. He had seen the love and care they felt for one another, and it had made him miss his own sweet bride at home. He was glad they would be setting sail in a few days, as he was more homesick on this trip than he had been on any other. The sight of Vi and the Miss together, along with the children aboard, made him vow to never leave his own again. This would be his last trip abroad, his family needed him home, and he would figure out a way to boost their coffers without leaving them ever again.

************************************************************************

This chapter was cut off, lost and rewritten :) It continues in part 3

Blessings!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 8.9K 38
(EDITORS PICK) In the bloody, ruthless, and decidedly uncouth world of 17th century pirates, can a woman deceive even those closest to her and surviv...
40.7K 1.5K 18
Orphaned by a hurricane, Marion Swift has grown up under the caring wing of Lady Taylor in Port Royal. Prim and proper, no one would've thought that...
96.9K 2.5K 57
This is the story of Governor Swann's youngest daughter, Elizabeth's youngest sister and the adventure's she takes with her older sister and her sist...
10.6K 434 23
You are a governor's daughter in the Caribbean who has always longed for a life of adventure, freedom and the sea. But instead, you live in a golde...