Sarcasm - Alec Lightwood

By girlwhowrites123

Charlie Fray is Clary Fray's twin sister and they couldn't be more different. When they are dragged into the... More

Chapter 1 [1]
Chapter 2 [1]
Chapter 3 [1]
Chapter 4 [1]
Chapter 5 [1]
Chapter 6 [1]
Chapter 7 [1]
Chapter 8 [1]
Chapter 9 [1]
Chapter 10 [1]
Chapter 11 [1]
Chapter 12 [1]
Chapter 13 [1]
Chapter 14 [1]
Chapter 15 [1]
Chapter 16 [2]
chapter 17 [2]
Chapter 18 [2]
Chapter 19 [2]
Chapter 20 [2]
Chapter 21 [2]
Chapter 22 [2]
Chapter 23 [2]
Chapter 24 [2]
Chapter 25 [2]
Chapter 26 [2]
Chapter 27 [2]
Chapter 28[2]
Chapter 29 [2]
Chapter 31 [2]
Chapter 32 [2]
Chapter 33 [2]
Chapter 34 [2]
Chapter 35 [2]
Chapter 36 [2]
Chapter 37 [2]
Chapter 38 [2]
Chapter 39 [3]
Chapter 40 [3]
Chapter 41 [3]
Chapter 42 [3]
Chapter 43 [3]
Chapter 44 [3]
Chapter 45 [3]
Chapter 46 [3]
Chapter 47 [3]
Chapter 48 [3]
Chapter 49 [3]
Chapter 50 [3]
Chapter 51 [3]
Chapter 52 [3]
Chapter 53 [3]
Chapter 54 [3]
Chapter 55 [3]
Chapter 56 [3]
Chapter 57 [3]
Chapter 58 [3]
Chapter 59 [3]
Chapter 60 [3]
Chapter 61 [3]
Chapter 62 [3]
Chapter 63 [3]
Chapter 64 [3]
Chapter 65 [3]
Chapter 66 [3]
Chapter 67 [3]
The End
Updated season 1

Chapter 30 [2]

6.7K 129 17
By girlwhowrites123

Written: April 2019                       Edited: February 2021

Charlie's PoV:

My head was pounding as I walked up the stairs, clutching at the railing for support. I had woken up late, confused as to why alec hadn't woken me up. I stopped on the top step, trying to regain my composure. I felt like pure shit but I pushed myself off the railing and towards the main hub.

"Hey guys" I greeted as I looked down at the screen they were all staring at. They had all stopped talking and it took me a second to realise, I shot my head up to see they were all staring at me.

"What?" I asked before Izzy cleared her throat.

"Charlie this is Sebastian he helped me when a greater demon attacked me," Izzy said throwing a pointed look at the blonde next to her. I nodded, reaching my hand out, which Sebastian took.

"Thank you for helping," I said as he nodded.

"You must be Charlie valentines second daughter" I smiled faintly at him.

"Unfortunately" he let out a small chuckle, the both of us turning to look at Jace when he let out an annoyed grunt.

"Okay, let's focus on finding a way to get rid of Azazel. How do we take him down?" Jace said his eyes flicking over to Sebastian.

"The only way to banish him is to puncture his demonic core" Everyone looked at Sebastian, their eyebrows furrowed. 

"Well yeah in corporeal form, it's between the T8 and T9 vertebrae, but it's not that simple," I said looking at Sebastian.

"Wait how do you know about this" Jace said his eyes flicking over to Alec to see if he knew already.

"I've spent a lot of time, fighting demons and researching them I know my way around" Sebastian threw me a small smile, to which I returned.

"The core is about the size of a pea" Sebastian continued.

"Oh, so the entry point's right below his sternum?" Clary asked.

"Mm-hmm" Sebastian and I hummed in agreement.

"If I get close enough I can kill him" I rolled my eyes at Jace's response. He was always irrational in his plans.

"You wouldn't have the velocity" Sebastian started.

"And even if you did, the defeat is only temporary," I finished, both me and Sebastian sharing a look smiling at our mutual understanding of demons. 

"The nasty buggers always find a way to break out of their realm and come back," he said, however, my attention had been drawn away from Sebastian when I felt eyes on me.

"What?" I whispered.

"Are you okay?" he asked and I just nodded, quickly regretting what I had said a sudden wave of nausea washed over me. I gripped onto the table tightly, trying to keep my balance.

"Please excuse me," I said walking away from the table, I gripped onto objects for support as I tried to make my way back to my room. I was aware of the eyes that followed me, confused by my quick exit. I managed to make it to the corridor when my body gave way and I collapsed to the floor, blacking out on impact. 

 I woke up in the infirmary my bones ached and the headache from earlier still resided causing me to wince while my eyes adjusted to the brightness of the room. I looked over to my left to see Alec talking with Jace, the both of them had stern looks on their faces. 

"Alec" I managed to get out weakly, he quickly turned to face me, his eyes wide as he made his way towards me. Jace gave me a small smile before he walked away to give us some privacy.

"What happened?" I asked all I could remember was when I was talking about Azazel.

"You passed out, we are trying to determine what's wrong but at the moment no one can find anything," he said, the worry on his face was clear and his voice wavered as he spoke. I raised my hand weakly cupping his face. 

"Alec I'm fine trust me" however, alec didn't look convinced.

"What were you and Jace talking about?" I asked, frowning when alec sighed.

"You don't need to know I don't want to make you any worse by stressing you out" I raised my eyebrow quizzically at him.

"I went to go talk to Magnus to ask him about Azazel and to see if he knew of any way to help you, but when I got there Azazel was talking with Magnus. I shot Azazel, banishing him but I shouldn't have done it because now Magnus is in Valentine's body and Valentine is in Magnus's body, which means Valentine now has magic," 

"Ahh so they pulled a Freaky Friday" I stated causing Alec to let out a small chuckle.

"Look I'll come and help you sort this out, Valentine needs to be stopped and I have magic so I can help..."

"No" he cut me off.

"You are staying in this room until you are cleared by the doctors" I frowned, pushing the covers off my body, sitting up, only for alec to push me back down.

"But I want to help,"

"No you're staying here and getting better okay?" he questioned, making me feel like I was a five year old being scolded by their parent.

"Fine. Now you go and do your best to fix this and be safe" he leaned down kissing me before he walked out of the room. I waited a minute until I knew he would be far enough away from the infirmary. I pushed back my covers, ripping out the wires that connected to my arms and planted my feet firmly on the floor. I quickly slipped on my clothes, aware of the fact that anyone could walk in and keep me here. Once I was dressed I stumbled my way out of the infirmary, gripping onto random objects to help me keep balanced. I only managed to make my way down the corridor, when Magnus appeared in front of me, a wicked smirk on his face. He raised his hand and the location changed to his apartment. I looked up at Magnus, aware that valentine had taken over his body. His hand reached out gripping onto my throat and squeezing. I weakly clawed at his hands, trying to pull them away so I could breathe. He let out a menacing laugh, before throwing me to the floor.

"Charlie!" I looked to my side to see Jace bound in chains. He looked me over, his eyes wide with worry as I struggled to prop myself up.

"What do you want Valentine?" I asked trying to prop myself up on my arms but they quickly gave way.

"Freedom," he said, before he raised his hand, sending Jace flying backwards towards a room, the door slamming shut. Magnus and Valentine stood over a potion, saying an incantation before they grabbed two cups filling them with the potion. I watched as the looked at each other before downing the contents of the cups. I watched with wide eyes as both men rose into the air, wind swirling around them. I raised my arm to cover my face as the wind thrashed around the room before coming to a halt, but men who had been suspended in mid air dropped, their glasses dropping with them.  As the glass hit the floor, they smashed and a large chunk of stray glass embedded itself deep into my leg. I let out a scream of pain, catching the attention of Valentine who started to crawl towards me. I used the little strength I had to crawl away, but he was getting closer and closer until Magnus landed on top of him, pulling him away from me.

I watched in horror as they fought too weak to intervene, when the doors to Magnus's apartment burst open, much to my relief revealing Alec, Clary and Sebastian. Their eyes flickered between the brawl and me. Clary set in motion first, grabbing onto Valentine and pulling away from Magnus, who quickly regained his composure and made a portal; Clary wasting no time and pushing Valentine through it.

Alec quickly ran over to me, his hand roamed my face as he searched me for injuries before his eyes landed on my leg. 

"This is going to hurt," he said and I nodded as he pulled the glass out of my leg, quickly pulling out his stele and drawing a rune. I let out a sigh as the pain quickly dissipated. Alec then started to stand up, pulling me with him. Sebastian who had been watching all the commotion quickly rushed over to help alec pick me up. Once I was on my feet, alec scooped his arms under me and picked me up bridal style. I slowly moved my hands to link around his neck. My head resting on his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry," He said as he struggled to move his head to look at me.

"Don't be, I'm safe now aren't I?" I said unable to move my head, a small smile playing at my lips as Alec carried me back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 1K 22
What will happen when Clary Fray enters the life of Elizabeth Lightwood, younger twin of Isabelle Lightwood? Will love blossom among the teenage Shad...
1.5M 36K 38
The clash of two worlds made of ice. Ivy is thrust into the world of Shadowhunters alongside wit her friend, Clary. In one night her world turns u...
115K 3.1K 38
Elizabeth Fray is the fraternal twin sister to clary fray. Even though they were twins they were nothing alike were clary was an artist and outgoing...
206K 3.1K 25
Shadow Hunters are people that are half angel half mundane (human). They protect the human word from the demon world, downworlders. Kayla Wayland is...