Now Or Never

By sup3rnatura1g33kk

[COMPLETED] Jackson Hale is a mythical werewolf that rules the school as the future Alpha. But when the curr... More

Now or Never
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30

19

4.3K 102 17
By sup3rnatura1g33kk

*

19

JACKSON HALE

"Moist." She teased through the phone.

"Jesus, Tori, you know I don't like that word." I groaned from my driver's seat.

"You know I don't like secrets being kept from me." She shot back, her annoying voice erupting through the speakers.

"We had a good reason." I tried to dig myself out but it wasn't working well.

"Moist! Moist, Jackson, moist!" Tori exclaimed loudly. I cringed deeply, the word disgusting me.

"I've got to go!" I yell over her yelling the same word... over and over. I hung up the phone, which was connected to the car, and sighed in relief. I was glad she picked up the phone, I had to warn her about Derek and what he had done to my mate. It infuriated me beyond any words I could use to describe it. Derek was pushing all the buttons to make me want to put him six feet under. How dare he lay hands on my mate. She means more to me than anyone in the world until she bares my pups. Until we start a family, and I wasn't going to let Derek get in the way of that. Over my dead, cold body will I let him touch my family.

I pulled the car next to the curb and put it in the park. The engine still running and Spencer's house is in full view. I didn't want to get down just yet, my limbs being nervous to formally meet the dad. Just a couple more seconds of contemplating on either this dinner are important or not. I finally turn off my car and get out. My shoes hit the gravel beneath me and the sun beats down on my skin.

I play with my yellow wool band on my wrist with my sister's name plastered in bold blue. The car door closes and I catch my car reflection in the dark window. Why did I choose this shirt? I look like a fricken tourist. I pulled my cap down a little and headed off to the house.

My heart thumped against my chest the closer I got to my Spencer. I smell the delicious scent she gave, I could feel her excitement. I could basically hear her angelic laughter erupt from her. My lips formed a small smile in amusement. Spencer is definitely the girl of my dreams.

Striding to the door, I knock on the hardwood and waited for 'death' to answer it. And it did. The door creaked open to reveal the tall intimidating man I had connected with over breakfast before. My eyes glanced over his really nice suit, it looks more expensive than my house and cars combined. I looked back up at the handsome man's face and felt jealous that I could look even a little bit like that.

"Kid." He acknowledged, holding out his hand, and accepted it. "Mija, your boyfriend is here!" He exclaimed into the house. I heard the slaps of bare feet hitting the tile, her scent coming my way.

Finally, the love of my life showed up. She had her long hair in two braids that rested on the front of her shoulders. She wore black yoga pants and a really revealing striped shirt. We both matched with a black baseball cap. She didn't look like she was going to a fancy dinner but she looked beautiful anyway.

"Sorry, I just got out of the GYM. Just my shirt needed changing." She explained in embarrassment.

"Baby," I smiled when I saw her shudder at the word. This was the first time I called her anything but her name. She looked up at me innocently through her lashes as I walked closer. Both my hands held each side of her arm. "You look beautiful."

A light pink blush rose on the apples of her cheeks. I placed a kiss on her cute button nose and she smiled. The rest of the world seemed to fade away in her presence. And as much as I know that Spencer could protect herself, I felt the need to be her perfect guardian angel.

A throat cleared. "If you're done feeling up my daughter, dinner is almost ready." Spencer's father said from behind us.

Immediately, out of respect, I pulled away from her and just settled with holding her hand. We walked into the kitchen where we all talked about anything we could. As intimidating as her father is, he seems really nice.

———

I walked into my house with a smile probably permanently on my face. But as soon as I hit the tense air of my home, I frowned. It was silent, like no one's home but I distinctly smelled the scent of my parents and my sister. I walked down my empty hall which echoed the sound of my footsteps. At the end of the hall was my father's study and that was where I wanted to go.

I pushed the door open hesitantly and the voices inside stopped. My sister sat in the armchair across from the big bulky desk. My father leaned against that desk and my mother suddenly grabbed hold of my father's arm to hold him back from something.

"What's going on?" I asked confused. My father looked me dead in the eye, the color turning from his usual dark brown to his Alpha red.

"Your sister was telling me about your mate." He growled. My heart dropped to my stomach.

"Wh-What?" I stuttered. The rest of my words got caught in my throat.

"How could you not tell me that she's human?" He bellowed and sunk back from fear.

"How? I only told a couple of people." The realization hit me. "Did Cayden tell you?" I asked Claire. I know that he would never tell someone something important. Of course, the mate bond is so strong that I'd do the same thing for Spencer.

"No, Jackson. I overheard you guys in your room." She explained but that didn't make me any less upset. Her eyes darkened and I held back the urge to slap the shit out of my little sister.

"How immature can you be? How could you tell Dad?" I exclaim and she shot up from her seat. She was clearly agitated by the situation

"Immature?" She seethed, her short height challenging mine. "You are supposed to be the future Alpha! How can you NOT tell Dad? She could destroy our pack, Jackson!"

"What do you even mean, you brat." I seethed through my clenched teeth, there was no repairing this relationship. I was prepared to leave my kid sister behind.

"Spencer is human! And you're the future leader of hundreds! They are supposed to come first or at least tell someone who may know how to handle it! Like, Dad." Claire growled, her long brown hair spilling over her shoulders. She stepped forward as if challenging me for Alpha spot. It wasn't a surprise that she would try, it is only natural considering she's the daughter of a powerful one. 

"Claire." My father's deep voice echoed, he put his hand on her shoulder and then looked at me. "Jackson, I understand why you didn't tell us but seeing this... it tells me your not ready."

"No wait- dad-"

"Starting tomorrow, you're going to be following me and Beta Fredrick around. You are going to be training for this position because it doesn't just come overnight." He informed me. My eyes widened and then narrowed as I glared at my sister. She watched a tight frown on her face and anger in her blue eyes. She was standing by her position and my father agreed with her. My mother sitting in the back watching this unfold between her family. I don't blame her, this was between the three of us now. 

How am I going to find the time for Spencer?

"And I want to meet the girl. We need to talk."

this is Kate (Tori's mate)

So I woke up one morning and saw that this book was #1 in werewolf. Not gonna lie... didn't expect that.

Thank you.

😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 1.3K 44
❝𝐘𝖔𝖚 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝘆𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉𝖓❜𝖙 𝖇𝖊 𝖘𝖈𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖉.❝ ❝𝑨𝖑𝖕𝖍𝖆 𝑨𝖓𝖙𝖔𝖓 𝑨𝖗𝖓𝖔𝖚𝖝, 𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖙...
43.2K 2.6K 54
No longer the Alphas daughter, Ella Reed must face the new challenge of leading a pack. Born and raised to be a strong Alpha, she thinks she has ever...
693 29 33
Amelia Francois seems as your ordinary teenager. She gets good grades, she's always has her nose in a book and is considered a nerd. But she's really...
2.4K 114 30
Tyler Price only loves two things his little sister Skylar and pack. As Alpha of Silver Moon Pack, at the age of 19. Him and his wolf Alex couldn't c...