nostalgia - steve harrington

By filteredthots

nos·tal·gia /näˈstaljə,nəˈstaljə/ noun noun: nostalgia; plural noun: nostalgias a sentimental longing or wist... More

disclaimer
part one
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
part two
010
011
012
013
014
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
part three
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
part four
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056

015

4.7K 117 11
By filteredthots

chapter fifteen: the question

that night the three of them didn't get any time to sleep. they spent the night tracking down where the tunnel ended. they figured out dart probably ended up somewhere in the woods.

they got three buckets of raw meat that they were gonna use to lore out dart. by the time they got to the woods, it was finally sun up.

they were all at the trunk of steves car, putting on gloves and they grabbed the buckets. they each had one.

"dustin. this is lucas. do you copy? dustin?" they heard over the walkie talkie that dustin had.

rebecca saw steve get some gasoline as well making her look at him with confusion.

"remember how jonathan burned the last monster." steve said seeing her confused face.

"right." rebecca replied, nodding her head.

"well, well, well, look who it is." dustin said into his headpiece.

"sorry, man. my stupid sister turned it off." lucas told him.

"well, when you were having sister problems, dart grew again, he escaped, and i'm pretty sure he's a baby demogorgon." dustin told him.

"wait, what?" lucas said.

"i'll explain later. just meet me, rebecca and steve at the old junkyard." dustin said.

"steve?" lucas asked.

"and bring your binoculars and wrist rocket." dustin told him.

"steve harrington?" lucas asked.

"all right, let's go." steve said after putting everything he needed in his backpack, letting the bat hang out a little.

"just be there. stat. over and out." dustin replied to lucas.

"great, time to go monster hunting." rebecca joked making steve laugh.

-

they were walking along the old train tracks of the woods, dropping down raw meat as they walked.

"all right, so let me get this straight. you kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who... who you just met?" steve said as rebecca chuckled.

"max is one lucky girl." rebecca said looking down at the meat in disgust as she dropped some on the ground.

"all right, that's grossly oversimplifying things." dustin replied as rebecca chuckled.

"i mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" steve asked dropping some meat.

"an inter-dimensional slug? because it's awesome." dustin said.

"yeah, steve. maybe she'd think it's cool." rebecca said to him.

"well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't." steve began looking over at rebecca as she playfully rolled her eyes.

"i... i just... i don't know. i just feel like you're trying way too hard, man." steve said.

"well, not everyone can have your perfect hair, all right?" dustin said throwing some meat down.

"listen, dustin. if you want hair as great as mine you're gonna have to pray for it." steve told him.

"steve, be nice to your kid." rebecca said making dustin grin.

"it's not about the hair, man. the key with girls is just... just acting like you don't care." steve said.

"even if you do?" dustin asked putting down more meat.

"yeah, exactly. it drives them nuts." steve replied as rebecca scoffed and put more meat down.

"then what?" dustin asked.

"you just wait until, uh... until you feel it." steve said.

"steve..." rebecca began.

"feel what?" dustin asked.

"oh, god." rebecca mumbled.

"it's like before it's gonna storm, you know? you can't see it, but you can feel it, like this, uh... electricity, you know?" steve said.

"oh, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere-" dustin began but got cut off.

"no, no, no, no, no. like a... like a sexual electricity." steve said.

"oh." dustin replied.

"steve, shut up." rebecca said chuckling.

"you feel that and then you make your move." steve said not caring what rebecca said.

"so that's when you kiss her?" dustin asked.

"no, whoa, whoa. slow down, romeo." steve said.

"sure, okay, some girls, yeah, they want you to be aggressive. you know, strong, hot and heavy, like a... i don't know, like a lion." steve said.

"oh, my god." rebecca said shaking her head laughing.

"but others, you gotta be slow, you gotta be stealthy, like a... like a ninja." steve said.

"what type is rebecca?" dustin asked making her eyes go wide and steve just smiled.

"sorry, what?" rebecca asked.

"well, you guys are dating, aren't you?" dustin asked making rebecca and steve look at each other.

they were both scared to say the wrong answer. they hadn't really talked about what they were. steve was searching rebecca's face for an answer but she just smiled.

"yeah, i guess we kinda are." steve said with a small smile.

"so?" dustin asked going back to his previous question.

"rebecca's different. she's different than the other girls." steve replied.

"yeah, she seems pretty special, i guess." dustin said making rebecca smile.

"yeah. yeah, she is." steve said which made her blush.

"guys, i'm standing right here." rebecca said as steve chuckled.

"well, maybe i wanted you to hear it." steve replied dropping another piece of meat on the ground.

"but this girls special, too, you know. it's just, like, something about her." dustin said.

"whoa, whoa, whoa. hey, hey, hey." steve said.

"what?" dustin asked as they stopped walking.

"you're not falling in love with this girl, are you?" steve asked him throwing down another piece of meat.

"uh, no. no." dustin replied looking away.

"okay, good. don't." steve told him.

"i won't." dustin replied.

"she's only gonna break your heart, and you're way too young for that shit." steve said.

"yeah, he's kind of right." rebecca said as they continued walking along the path.

they kept on walking and rebecca stopped for a minute and she just looked at steve for a moment.

she wondered if all that stuff he was saying described how he felt about her. did he feel it? she knew that she did.

she let out a sigh and kept on walking, she knew that right now wasn't the time to ask him. she definitely didn't wanna talk about it in front of dustin.

"you and rebecca are kinda gross, you know that?" dustin asked as the two of them chuckled.

"glad to know you think that." rebecca replied.

"i'm just saying, isn't it weird to date someone you've known since you were a kid?" dustin asked.

"actually, in a way, it makes it easier." steve said as rebecca smiled.

"yeah, it kinda does. you're not afraid to be yourself around them because you've been yourself the entire time. that's what makes it so magical. they like you for you." rebecca said as dustin fake gaged.

"yep. gross." dustin replied as the couple chuckled.

sooo.... steck is official.... thoughts??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105 1 25
melancholy /ˈmɛlənkəli/ noun- a feeling of pensive sadness, typically with no obvious cause.
243 46 36
It all started with a crush...
14.9K 401 27
dé·jà vu\ˌdā-ˌzhä-ˈvü, -ˈvue\ noun : the illusion of remembering scenes and events when experienced for the first time : a feeling that one has seen...
1.3K 69 10
˖ ᝬ ʿ 𝐒𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐀𝐃𝐄 ↳ a nostalgic longing to be near something or someone that is distant or that has been loved then lost; ...