015

chapter fifteen: the question

that night the three of them didn't get any time to sleep. they spent the night tracking down where the tunnel ended. they figured out dart probably ended up somewhere in the woods.

they got three buckets of raw meat that they were gonna use to lore out dart. by the time they got to the woods, it was finally sun up.

they were all at the trunk of steves car, putting on gloves and they grabbed the buckets. they each had one.

"dustin. this is lucas. do you copy? dustin?" they heard over the walkie talkie that dustin had.

rebecca saw steve get some gasoline as well making her look at him with confusion.

"remember how jonathan burned the last monster." steve said seeing her confused face.

"right." rebecca replied, nodding her head.

"well, well, well, look who it is." dustin said into his headpiece.

"sorry, man. my stupid sister turned it off." lucas told him.

"well, when you were having sister problems, dart grew again, he escaped, and i'm pretty sure he's a baby demogorgon." dustin told him.

"wait, what?" lucas said.

"i'll explain later. just meet me, rebecca and steve at the old junkyard." dustin said.

"steve?" lucas asked.

"and bring your binoculars and wrist rocket." dustin told him.

"steve harrington?" lucas asked.

"all right, let's go." steve said after putting everything he needed in his backpack, letting the bat hang out a little.

"just be there. stat. over and out." dustin replied to lucas.

"great, time to go monster hunting." rebecca joked making steve laugh.

-

they were walking along the old train tracks of the woods, dropping down raw meat as they walked.

"all right, so let me get this straight. you kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who... who you just met?" steve said as rebecca chuckled.

"max is one lucky girl." rebecca said looking down at the meat in disgust as she dropped some on the ground.

"all right, that's grossly oversimplifying things." dustin replied as rebecca chuckled.