041

chapter forty one: grandfather clock

"dustin, do you copy?" robin asked over the cerebro.

"yeah, i copy." dustin replied.

"so, nancy's a genius. vecna's first victims date back all the way to 1959. her shot in the dark was a bull's eye." robin told him.

"okay, that's totally bonkers, but i can't really talk right now." dustin replied back.

"wait, what are you doing?" robin asked him.

"breaking and entering into school to retrieve confidential and extremely personal files." dustin said.

"what?" rebecca said.

"can you repeat that?" robin asked him.

"just get your ass over here, stat. we'll explain everything." dustin said.

"i thought they were talking to ms. kelley." nancy said.

"we leave them alone for two hours." robin said in an annoyed tone.

"and steve thinks he's the responsible one." rebecca said.

rebecca sat in the backseat of the car and she noticed that her nose started to bleed. she just wiped her nose.

she wasn't sure what was going on with her, the headaches, the nightmares, the hallucinations and now the bloody nose.

rebecca was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard dustin tell them to hurry over the cerebro.

-

rebecca, robin and nancy ran into the school. max had seen a clock in the school that no one else could see. she was having the hallucinations.

"it was here. right here." max said staring at the wall where she'd seen the clock.

"a grandfather clock?" nancy asked her.

"it was so real. and then, when i got closer, suddenly i just... i woke up." max said.

while max was in the trance, steve and dustin were there trying to wake her up.

"it was like she was in a trance or something. exactly what eddie said happened to chrissy." dustin said.

"that's not even the bad part." max said.

they all went to ms. kelley's office to further investigate fred and chrissy's files.

"fred and chrissy, they both came to ms. kelley for help. uh, they were both having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. and then... then the nightmares. trouble sleeping. they'd wake up in a cold sweat. and then they started seeing things. bad things. from their pasts. and these visions... they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually... everything ended." max explained.