020

chapter twenty: the bench

"eleven." mike said as they hugged.

"mike." eleven said crying.

"is that..." max trailed off as lucas nodded.

"i never gave up on you. i called you every night. every night for-" mike began but eleven cut him off.

"353 days. i heard." eleven said as rebecca smiled at them.

she turned her head and looked over at steve to see him already looking at her, smiling.

"why didn't you tell me you were there? that you were okay?" mike asked.

"because i wouldn't let her. the hell is this? where you been?" jim asked her.

"that's what you've been hiding." rebecca said as her father nodded.

"where have you been?" eleven asked as her and jim hugged.

"you've been hiding her. you've been hiding her this whole time!" mike said pushing hopper.

"hey! hey. let's talk. alone." jim said taking mike in another room.

"i guess you were right." steve said putting his arm around rebecca's shoulder as she let out a sigh.

everyone went and hugged eleven and when max went to greet her, eleven just walked away to go hug joyce and rebecca.

afterwards, eleven asked joyce if she could go see will and she nodded and brought her into his room.

eleven learned that the gate needed to be closed and she told them that she wanted to help, she said she knew how to close the gate.

-

it was dark out again meaning they had to act fast before the monsters came back.

"it's not like it was before. it's grown. a lot. and i mean, that's considering if we can get in there. the place is crawling with those dogs." hopper said.

"demo dogs." dustin corrected.

"i'm sorry, what?" hopper asked.

"i said, uh, demo dogs? like demogorgon and dogs. it's like, you put them together, it sounds pretty badass-" dustin started saying but got cut off.

"how is this important right now?" hopper asked.

"it's not. i'm sorry." dustin replied.

"i can do it." eleven said.

"you're not hearing me." hopper said.