001

chapter one: the vanishing of will byers

rebecca and her friends were having a sleepover at her house since michelle was going to drive them to school the next day.

they were all sitting on her floor while brandi and heather were on her bed.

"so, becs." heather said using her nickname.

rebecca and heather had been friends since the 7th grade and they clicked immediately.

but since they started high school, rebecca couldn't help but feel like heather had changed. and not in the good way.

"i heard from carol that steve and nancy are dating now." heather replied.

"wow, you're totally late on that news." anna said as heather rolled her eyes.

rebecca and anna became friends once heather had introduced them. rebecca would never admit it to the others, but she found anna annoying most of the time.

"good for them." rebecca replied as heather raised her eyebrows.

"aren't you just a little bit jelly?" heather asked her.

"why would i be?" rebecca replied.

"yeah, why should she be exactly?" michelle asked.

rebecca and michelle became friends after middle school. there mothers were best friends in high school and they felt like they were just destined to be friends.

"maybe because steve is totally in love with her." brandi said looking up from the picture she was drawing.

"oh, shut up. he is not." rebecca said.

"oh, he for sure is. it's only been since forever." brandi replied.

brandi and rebecca had been best friends since the second grade, their friendship started after the two of them ended up in detention together one time.

rebecca remembered being in there because she had "accidentally" tripped jonathan sending him falling on top of barb and breaking her glasses.

"even if he is, it doesn't even matter. i don't like him anyways, not anymore." rebecca said.

"right, ever since he got with his new clique." anna said as heather rolled her eyes.

"let's just talk about something else." michelle said.

just as michelle said that, they heard the house phone begin to ring and rebecca let out a groan and got up to answer it.