046

chapter forty six: skull rock

"not to be a wimp, but can i maybe sit in the car for this visit? cause this is gonna totally and royally suck." robin said.

"it'll be fine." nancy told her as she drove.

"i just can't stand to see those dull eyes of eddie's break again. i really, really can't." robin said.

"at least he can drink himself into feeling better." steve said as rebecca took the bag of chips away from dustin and steve.

"that's what my mom does." max said.

"those are for eddie." rebecca told steve and dustin.

"why don't we just give it a trial run? hey, eddie. uh, good news first this time. we got you some dustin approved junk food and that six pack that you requested. oh yeah, and we found vecna. only the bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension that we told you about, and the gate's closed, so we have no way of getting to him. like, he's entirely shut off to us, so basically you're screwed. and, no, i know that you were already screwed, but now you're doubly, triply screwed." robin went on.

"wait, wait, wait. maybe we don't put it like that." lucas said.

"we're one step closer to finding vecna. that's what we say. that's what's important." nancy said.

"see, robin? positive spin can make all the difference." steve said.

"uh huh." robin said rolling her eyes.

"nancy, look." rebecca said seeing there was a road block.

"oh shit." nancy said.

they pulled up as close as they could and they saw the police were there. there was a crowd of people looking over at the lake.

"come on, this way." nancy told them.

they stood by the news van and they learned that there was another murder at lovers lake. it was lucas's basketball buddy, patrick.

the police mentioned that they had a person of interest. they showed a photo of eddie and they gave out his name.

"oh man. this is not good." steve said.

"really not good." both him and rebecca said at the same time.

"dustin, can you hear me? wheeler?" they heard eddie's voice over the cerebro.

"eddie. holy shit. are you okay?" dustin asked him.

"nah, man. pretty... pretty goddamn far from okay." eddie replied.

"where is he?" robin asked.

"where are you?" dustin asked him.

"skull rock. do you know it?" eddie asked him.