044

chapter forty four: a way to survive

when the girls got back, they heard that max had almost been killed by vecna but music brought her out of it. rebecca was started to feel a little less tense.

she was still terrified but now that there was at least a way to survive, she felt like she had a chance.

everyone was taking turns watching over rebecca and max.

rebecca was out on the front steps of the wheeler house at 2am. she couldn't sleep. she didn't really want to sleep.

she heard footsteps behind her and she saw nancy step outside to sit next to her.

"hey, what are you doing out here?" nancy asked her.

when nancy looked at rebecca, she saw her staring off into the distance.

rebecca could see a clock which scared her. she started to see her sister and as her sister got closer to her, spiders started to come out of her mouth.

meanwhile nancy saw rebecca's eyes roll back into her head making her panic.

"no, no, no. rebecca, wake up. rebecca!" nancy said beginning to shake her.

nancy didn't know rebecca well enough to know what her favorite song was. she knew that if anyone would know, it would be steve.

rebecca looked around her and everything was red. she kept feeling her heart beating faster and faster.

"rebecca." she heard.

she turned around and she was face to face with the demon of all demons, vecna.

nancy quickly rushed down to the basement and she woke steve up from his sleep.

"nancy? what's going on?" steve asked before nancy grabbed his arm pulling him up.

"we've got to get to rebecca now." nancy told him.

"what- oh, my god. is she okay?" steve asked following behind nancy.

rebecca felt her heart drop down to her stomach when she locked eyes with him. this was the end for her she thought.

"you've fought hard to escape me, rebecca. harder than most of my victims." vecna said and rebecca backed up, trying to get away from him.

"i won't be one of your victims." rebecca told him.

when steve went out and he saw rebecca, he felt shock take over. he felt paralyzed with fear.