056

rebecca waited at her house for steve's car to pull up. ever since her father came back, he'd wanted to spend ever second with her.

she bribed el into spending some time with him so that she could get some time alone with steve. ever since they got back together, they wanted to catch up for lost time.

"are you sure you wanna go out tonight, pumpkin?" her father asked.

"yeah, beck. are you sure?" el asked making her glare at her.

"uh, i just want some time out of the house and steve, uh, he's been going through a hard time with everything you know." rebecca lied as his car pulled up.

"steve's been going through a hard time?" her father asked in a skeptical tone.

"yeah, he wouldn't want me to talk about it... it looks like he's here so... see you later, don't wait up, love you!" rebecca said rushing out of the house and letting out a breathe.

steve smiled at her, making her smile back at him. she got in the car and he laughed at her.

"you look in a hurry." steve said as she rolled her eyes.

"can you just drive please?" rebecca said making steve laugh again.

"any reason you called me to rescue you?" steve asked her.

"my dad has been so determined to spend every second together. don't get me wrong i love him and i'm so happy he's back but i just needed a getaway." rebecca said as steve nodded.

"good thing you have the best getaway driver in town." steve said with a wink making her laugh and kiss his cheek.

she was excited to spend this time with him. even though it was just a late night drive, it was still great.

considering there wasn't much to do in the town anymore since vecna destroyed some of it, they had to make the most of of things.

"i don't wanna be a burden when i ask this but can i stay over tonight?" rebecca asked him making his eyes light up.

"you'd never be a burden, doll. you're welcome to my bed anytime." steve said before kissing her left ring finger.

"kissing my left ring finger? very specific?" rebecca said with a laugh.

"one day i'll replace it with something else other than kisses... like maybe a ring?" steve said wondering what she thought about that.

"slow down there, harrington. maybe we should wait to see how our town looks after all this." rebecca said.

"right, sometimes it all feels like one big dream." steve said as rebecca nodded.

"trust me, i get it." rebecca replied.

steve looked at her and his eyes softened. he couldn't help but think back to what el told him the other day when rebecca invited him over.

she had told him that rebecca was having nightmares about vecna hurting her, sometimes hurting the people she loved.

he wanted to wait for a better time to bring it up but he could see in her eyes that it was bothering her.

steve parked the car and the two of them walked over to lovers lake and stay by a rock. they saw it was split in half but one half was still nice.

they sat on the rock in comforting silence and she leaned into him, him wrapping his arms around her.

"beck?" steve spoke up making her look at him.

"yeah?" she replied.

"el told me about the nightmares you've been having and i get why you didn't tell me, i just want to let you know that you're not alone, okay? you know i'll always be here for you." steve said as rebecca smiled sadly.

"i know i should've told you, i just... you were there when i almost died, twice. i guess i felt guilty, like i was putting you through that pain again." rebecca said.

"i won't lie, it was painful seeing you like that but you're alive and i'm alive. we have to stick together and part of that is taking care of each other. i don't want you to feel guilty, i just want you to be okay." steve told her making rebecca turn to hug him.

steve pulled her into his arms, squeezing her lightly. he kissed the top of her head and she yawned.

"you wanna go back to my place?" steve asked her.

"it's okay, i can stay a little later." rebecca said.

steve leaned closer to her, kissing her behind her ear before whispering something to her.

"you're gonna be even more tired after i'm finished what i plan to do to you when we get to my place." steve whispered making rebecca get shivers down her body.

she felt steve caress her arm which made her get goosebumps and she turned, kissing him and running her hands through his hair.

she heard him groan lightly and she tugged at his hair a little, making her pull away.

"on second thought, i'm bored of this, let's go home." rebecca said as the two of them grinned.

they walked back to steve's car and she swore she'd never seen him speed so fast. it was a good thing her father used to be the chief.

once they got to his house, they had the place to themselves since his parents were away.

ever since vecna destroyed the town, his parents hadn't really been in hawkins much.

rebecca felt steve pin her against the front door as they walked into the house and she grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, slamming their lips together.

she pulled away and she removed his shirt, admiring her shirtless boyfriend. she pinned him against the fridge in the kitchen and this time he took off her shirt.

"you're so breathtaking." steve said before rebecca pulled him closer, kissing him more.

she leaped into his arms and wrapped her legs around his waist and he placed her on top of the kitchen counter.

he started to kiss her neck and she felt him trying to undo her bra. meanwhile, she was undoing his belt to try to get his pants off.

"wait." rebecca said making steve stop immediately and backing away from her.

"i'm sorry, we can stop if you're not into it." steve said making rebecca chuckle at him.

"oh, no, no, i just meant we should continue this in your bedroom. you know, maybe having sex on your parents kitchen counter is a bad idea?" rebecca said making steve grin and laugh a little.

"yeah, yeah, you're probably right. it would be hot, though." steve said making her playfully smack his chest.

"you are such an idiot, steve." rebecca said with a laugh.

"i know. as long as i'm you're idiot i'm happy." steve said carrying her over to his bedroom and putting her on his bed.

after their love making was over, rebecca put on one of his shirts and cuddled up to him. she fell asleep first and steve admired how adorable she was.

he kissed the top of her head before dosing off to sleep. both of them in the happiest place of their lives, each other's arms.