003

chapter three: the morning after

the morning after the party, rebecca woke up in her bed and she stretched. she looked over at her clock and saw it was 6am.

she got up and saw that her father left her some breakfast but he wasn't there. she sat down and started to eat her breakfast.

after she was done, she got dressed and she grabbed her bag, seeing michelle was already in the driveway.

she walked over to michelle's car and she saw all the other girls.

"hey, becs." heather said.

"morning." rebecca said.

the car ride was silent, probably since everyone was tired after last night, everyone except anna.

"man, you guys are such whooshes." anna said getting gum out of her bag.

michelle finally pulled up at school and they all got out of the car. rebecca headed over to her locker to grab her books for her first period.

she slammed her door shut and she jumped once she saw steve standing beside her causing her to drop her books.

"jeez, steve, don't do that." rebecca told him.

"sorry." steve replied as the two of them bent down to pick up her books and he passed them to her.

"what do you want?" rebecca asked him.

"why do you hate me?" steve asked her making her eyes go wide.

"i don't hate you." rebecca replied as he let out a sigh.

"it sure feels like it." steve replied.

"i could never hate you, steve. also, why do you have one of my poems in your room?" rebecca asked him making his eyes go wide this time.

"maybe i just like your poem." steve said with a shrug.

"right." rebecca said as she started to walk away.

"what happened to you, beck?" steve said using her old nickname that he gave her.

"what happened to me? what happened to you? i'm not sure if you noticed, steve, but after you got those new friends of yours, you also got a new attitude." rebecca said.

"beck i didn't- look, i never meant to push you away, i just thought after... i just thought you needed space." steve said as rebecca felt tears well up in her eyes.