039

chapter thirty nine: freaky wizard monster

the gang went out and bought some food for eddie at the supermarket. rebecca bought herself a bottle of water and she waited in the car for them to finish paying.

steve waited back with rebecca and he saw her grab a bottle of pills from her bag. she put two in her hand before washing them down with water.

"i don't mean to pry, but are you okay?" steve asked her.

"yeah, just a headache." rebecca replied.

the gang came back and they all went out to deliver the food to eddie.

they walked into the shed, startling eddie. he was relieved when he saw it was dustin and his friends.

"delivery service." dustin said.

eddie sat down and started to devour a box of cereal.

"so we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. how do you prefer it?" dustin asked him.

"bad news first, always." eddie said.

"all right. bad news. we tapped into the hawkins PD dispatch with our cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed chrissy." dustin said.

"like, 100% kind of convinced." max said.

"and the good news?" eddie asked them.

"you name hasn't gone public yet. but if we found out about you, it's only a matter of time before others do, too. and once that gets out, everyone and their shallow minded mother is gonna be gunning for you." robin said.

"so, i guess the good news is actually bad news." rebecca said.

"hunt the freak, right?" eddie asked.

"exactly." robin said.

"shit." eddie mumbled.

"so, before that happens, we need to find vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence." dustin said.

"that's all, dustin? that's all?" eddie asked him.

"yeah, no, that's pretty much it." dustin said.

"listen, eddie, i know everything dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this kind of thing before. i mean, they have a... a few times, and... and i have once. mine was more human flesh based, and theirs was more smoke related, but bottom like is, collectively, i really feel like we got this." robin said.

"yeah, see, we usually rely on rebecca's sister who has super powers. but, uh, those went bye bye, so uh-" steve began but robin cut him off.

"so we're technically in more of the-" robin tried explaining.