037

chapter thirty seven: babes and non babes alike

rebecca woke up in a sweat. she had been having nightmares the past few months but after awhile they stopped.

she felt defeated that they were back. this time the nightmares were accompanied by a headache.

she got up and went to the bathroom, grabbing some tylenol and washing them down with a glass of water.

she got ready for the day and she went out with brandi and michelle. they went out to their favorite burger place.

they were sitting down and enjoying their burgers and sodas. all of them were happy to be hanging out again.

"did you guys hear about the murder?" brandi asked.

"what murder?" rebecca asked.

"a hawkins student got murdered. we don't know who it is yet." brandi said.

"come on brandi, can we talk about something a little lighter. so, becca, what happened with you and steve?" michelle asked making her roll her eyes.

"i thought we were going to talk about something lighter." rebecca said.

"hey, i said a little lighter. breakup isn't as bad as murder." michelle said.

"that's true." brandi said.

"steve and i had a mutual breakup. after my dad... i just felt like, this guilt that i was bringing steve down with me." rebecca said.

"steve came to see me after you guys broke up. he wanted us to check on you... he was really worried about you." michelle said making rebecca grow a little smile.

"i know. look, can we just talk about something else?" rebecca asked them.

"yeah, of course." michelle said.

"so, back to this murder." brandi said making the other girls chuckle.

-

later that afternoon rebecca went down to the video store so she could rent out a movie. her, michelle and brandi were going to have a girls night.

she walked through the store and she saw robin at the counter, smiling at her. rebecca returned the smile before going to choose a movie.

once she got the movie, she went up to the counter and she saw steve walk in from the back of the shop.

"steve, i didn't know you still worked here." rebecca said.

"uh, yeah. hey, did you hear about the murder?" steve asked her, not knowing how to make conversation with her anymore.

"yeah, michelle and brandi thought we should have a movie night to lighten the mood." rebecca said.