053

chapter fifty three: scary times

they got to the war zone and they saw how big it was. they also noticed how many hicks there were.

"so much for avoiding angry hicks." robin said.

"let's be... fast." nancy said.

"super fast." rebecca said.

"yep." robin said.

"definitely." erica agreed.

max, steve, nancy, rebecca, robin and erica got the stuff while lucas, dustin and eddie waited in the RV.

rebecca saw that steve got a shirt and a jacket in the store and she went to the front counter with nancy.

they both started to look at the shotguns and rebecca found one that she liked.

"how much is this?" nancy asked the cashier.

"120.99, but i'll throw in 20 rounds of buckshots for ya." the cashier said.

"does that go for this one, too?" rebecca asked him.

"certainly does." the cashier replied.

"hey, can i see this real pretty .357, please?" they heard someone asked.

rebecca and nancy looked over and saw jason was there.

"sure thing." the cashier said.

he gave jason the gun and he noticed rebecca and nancy.

"rebecca hopper and nancy wheeler. wouldn't expect to find you guys here." jason said.

"yeah, well, it's just... scary times. i'm... sorry about chrissy." nancy told him.

"want my advice? shotguns are not good for much of anything past killing small birds. i mean, they got power, sure, but not much range. and that's just gonna force you into close range combat, then someone can just grab that barrel like this..." jason said grabbing the shotgun from nancy.

"and redirect it. well, you two look nervous." jason said.

"like she said, scary times." rebecca said.

"now, your brother, he, uh... is he here with you, by chance?" jason asked nancy.

"mike?" nancy asked him.

"mike." jason repeated.

"no." nancy told him.

"why do you need to know where mike is?" rebecca asked him.

"i only ask because he's... he's in hellfire, isn't he?" jason asked.

"i don't know what you're talking about." nancy replied.

"what about his friends? they here with you?" jason asked.

"would you let go? let go." nancy said forcefully.