Mated To My Doom

נכתב על ידי xX_Jada_Xx

Mate. One little word. One big concept. A belief that someone, somewhere, is holding the key to your heart... עוד

Mated To My Doom
Flash Forward
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 ( The End)
Q&A
Sequel + Contest (CLOSED)
'Mated To My Doom'- SEQUEL

Chapter 5

236K 8K 3.5K
נכתב על ידי xX_Jada_Xx

CONFUSED? Don't be!

Rose and Hunter are 100% mates.

BUT! For some odd reason, both Hunter and Rose can have feelings for a specific other. (AKA Emily and Greg.)

HOWEVER! The mating bond between Rose and Hunter is much more stronger than the feelings that both Hunter and Rose have for Emily and Greg.

Without further ado..

--------------------------

~ I wanna see you be brave

Chapter Five

"Welcome everyone," Alpha Hunter's voice hushed all the whispers.

When Greg had said that he was late, he actually meant we were late.

Not only were we stuck at the very end of the crowd of people standing in the clearing, but we had also missed Alpha Hunters' opening speech. Though I'm not complaining, I'd prefer to steer clear from Hunter as long as possible.

The less times I have to hear that melodic voice, the better.

Hunter stood on top of a podium that I assume was build just for this event considering I hadn't seen it yesterday. A slight breeze wafted by as a mix of different wolves entered my senses. There were at least three hundred people in the clearing.

After Hunter's official 'Welcome', my former pack members were officially announced to be under the protection of the Dark Moon Pack. Prior positions and titles are stripped from the former pack members as we are forced to be part of the pack.

"I don't want any trouble. You should respect each other along with your higher ranks. Now enjoy the rest of your day," Hunter says.

I thought that was the signal to leave, but no one moved a single muscle. I tried to look over the heads of people around us to spot a familiar face, preferably my mother.

Hunter stepped down from the higher platform he was standing on and walked towards his Beta.

And like that, everyone divided their attention away from the front and started whispering. However, no one actually left the area which I found annoying because I want to look for my mom but there are way too many people blocking me.

"I thought Hunter said everyone could leave?" I ask Greg.

Greg gave me a reassuring smile as he placed his arm on my back and guided me out of the crowd.

"Not exactly. We missed the beginning where he told everyone to stay half an hour after his announcement in order to become accustomed to other members. He wants the transition for your former pack to me as smooth as possible."

Greg never removed his hand from the small of my back as we headed towards the front, joining the group of top-rank werewolves that were gathered there.

I froze immediately, seeing Hunter's broad shoulders enter my peripheral vision. If it weren't for Greg's hand pushing me forward, I would have been frozen in place. Greg must have believed that Hunter and I are not mates or else there is no way he would pridefully walk me directly towards Hunter. Our closeness and Greg's confidence will definitely raise up some rumors.

Hunter didn't look my way, but I knew he sensed I was close as his body stiffened while talking to someone.

"Hey Greg," the Beta greeted.

"Hey Jaxon." They did their manly handshake before the Beta's eyes met mine.

I braced myself for what was coming next. Jaxon and I had met in unfortunate circumstances already, he knew that Hunter is my true mate, what if he informed Greg?

"Who's this?" The beta's strict voice made me shiver. I didn't like how Jaxon was pretending to not even know who I am, as if he didn't tell me hours ago that Hunter cares for me. I guess it's better this way.

"This is Rosalyn." No explanation added. And thankfully, no questions asked. Jaxon went back to his conversation with some other members, completely ignoring me but including Greg every once in a while. I couldn't help but notice the way Hunter smiled at something Jaxon said.

"Rose."

"Rose."

"Rosalyn." Hunter's stern voice brought me out from my daydream as I realized I had been caught staring directly at his mouth. Kill me now.

"Yes?" I asked politely, hiding how ashamed I was as I attempt to control my breathing.

"Beta Jaxon asked you a question," Greg whispered in a gentle tone in my ear. I didn't miss the way Hunter's jaw clenched at our closeness.

"Oh, I'm sorry I was just caught in my head. What was your question, Beta?" Jaxon was now my Beta, and according to Hunter, he is also above me in ranks. He needs to be respected.

"How are you liking the Dark Moon Pack so far?"

Being at a loss for words, I simply replied, "It's very welcoming." Lies.

This pack has been anything but welcoming.

"Oh, I'd bet," another member from the pack spoke up.

I would have ignored his comment if it weren't for the laughter that followed.

"And what does that mean?" I glared at the dark-haired boy who had an amused expression plastered on his face.

Boy, did I want to slap the smile right off his smug face.

The boy being utterly unaffected by my death glare blissfully replied, "Well I'm just saying, you must have had a pretty good welcoming with Greg last night. Don't think we didn't notice Greg and your poor punctuality today."

"Had a little too much fun did ya'?" Another laughed, elbowing Greg teasingly.

My face flushed from embarrassment. Did they really think I did something with Greg? Did Hunter think that?

I tried watching Hunter from the corner of my eyes, trying not to make it too obvious. All I could notice was his hands in tight fists against his side. So, he did believe them?

Why do I even care if Hunter cared, he is trash.

"Oh no. It wasn't like that," Greg said as his face tinted slightly pink, but the nervous chuckle that escaped him made him lose all credibility.

"Oh, sure it wasn't," the dark-haired man said and followed again was laughter.

"Enough," a resonant voice demanded.

As soon as that one word escaped Hunter's lips, the group silenced their laughter and looked at the ground in respect. The tension soared, no one daring to make a sound.

"Let's go," Hunter said, already turning away from us.

"But Alpha, you said everyone should stay at least thirty minutes," Jaxon responded.

"Are you comparing me to the rest of these low lives?" Hunter angrily mutterers, his eyes showing fragments of black as his wolf was threatening to emerge.

"No sir," Jaxon replied.

Hunter's anger radiated off him and made even his Beta take a step back. I could sense the confusion the rest of the group had on Hunter's big mood shift, but Jaxon must have figured it was due to Greg and me.

"Just meet me at the Pack house," Hunter muttered bitterly. I'm assuming his words were directed to Jaxon, as Jaxon was the one who nodded and followed behind him.

"We should probably leave as well," another guy stated and before I knew it, it was only Greg and I left.

"I've got to go too. Go find your family." Greg's somewhat harsh tone shocked me. Worried he was starting to doubt that Hunter wasn't my mate, I nod sadly and refuse to make eye contact.

Just an hour ago we were like close friends, and what, now he's going to go back to hating me?

Looking up finally, I watch as he escaped my presence, his body already mixed into the crowd leaving me all by myself.

Following his words, I went in search for my mother. Scavenging through the groups of people standing around, I almost felt like giving up until I heard my name.

"Rose!" A familiar voice shouts out again.

Turning around, I came face to face with Liv.

"Oh, thank god." Before I could even register what was happening, two slim arms wrapped themselves around my torso. Hugging Liv back, I awkwardly patted her shoulder as my social anxiety seeped through.

Moments later, Liv pushed herself back and started to examine me.

"We thought you were dead. Where the hell have you been, Rose?"

Realizing how weird it must have been for my friends and family to just see me disappear for a day without any word, I concluded that it's all Hunter's fault. If it weren't for him, I would have never fainted in that crowd.

Greg would have never brought me to their pack house, and I could have continued my life ignoring Hunter without ever speaking a word to him. I could have been there with my mother and sister during such a stressful time.

I wouldn't have the picture of Hunter and Emily holding hands as kids embroidered into my mind.

"Oh right, well I was um..." Now how was I going to get my self out of this one? Again, Hunter's fault. I couldn't tell them the truth, so I had to improvise.

Saying the first thing that came to mind, "I met a guy."

Not totally a lie. Greg is a guy.

"You met a guy!" She squealed, catching the attention of people nearby.

"Shh!" I hushed before she gained too much attention our way.

"Wait a minute, let me get this straight. So, while the whole pack was panicking about being abducted by the Dark Moon pack, you were off with some guy? This guy better be you mate." Liv seemed betrayed.

"No, Liv. It wasn't like that. It was too dark out to even attempt finding my way home after I woke up that day, and this guy who is not my mate was there to help me out. He was super sweet and let me stay the night."

"So, you couldn't even bother to call?" Her tone dripped in disappointment.

"I didn't have my phone on me."

"So, you couldn't use this guy's phone?"

Liv had a point. I could have called my mother to tell her I wasn't coming home. I can't even imagine how worried she is, I mean especially after what happened to my father.

"I'm really sorry Liv, but I need to find my mother. I promise I will make it up to you later. Have you seen my mom or Soph?" Liv nodded, her expression still dull. If I'm being honest, I don't understand why Liv cares so much when she had merely met me a day ago. I should still be just another stranger to her yet here she was, panicked by my absence.

Perhaps I am just a psychopath with no feelings.

"She was just about to leave. Your sister wasn't feeling so good."

Suddenly alarmed for my sister's health, I thanked Liv and started towards the lot of cars further back in the clearing. Werewolves can't get the common cold or even the flu, but an ache in the head is susceptible for everyone.

"I think they're getting a ride with Alpha- I mean Jake. He offered your mother and sister a ride." Liv's little slip up was just another reminder that our former Alpha went from being the most superior werewolf in the pack to now just an ordinary wolf.

"Thanks Liv. I'll see you soon," I say as I begin my way towards the cars. Just as I came near, I spotted Sophia's brown wavy hair from the distance as my mom has her arm wrapped around my sister in support.

Our eyes met and I braced myself as soon as I saw my mother's expression. "Rosalyn Maria Edwards, how dare you!"

Cringing from my mothers' words, I plastered an apologetic smile in hopes that she'd be easy on me.

"Mommy!" I said sweetly, sauntering over to her. I rub the top of Sophia's head, messing up her hair.

"Don't mommy me, Rosalyn! Where were you yesterday?"

Huffing, I replied, "You know I hate it when you call me Rosalyn."

"And you know I hate it when you ignore my questions."

"Question? What question? I don't remember a question. Oh mom! You just have such pretty hair!"

"Rosalyn." Mother said sternly.

Oh god. Guess there's no getting out of this one.

"Alright, I'm going to just say it. You might want to sit down for this though. Perhaps after we get back to the house and away from all of the wandering ears." I've decided to tell my mother the truth, or somewhat of it.

"No. Now, Rose."

Sighing, I knew there was no real way out of this. She wouldn't leave the clearing until I told her something. Jake, my former Alpha took my short silence as his cue to give us privacy as he began walking in search of his car.

Trying to keep my voice quiet but audible, I slowly respond, "I'm Alpha Hunter's mate."

The words seemed so foreign to me. Mate. Hunter's mate. Alpha Hunter's mate.

I didn't know what to expect from my mother, but I certainly didn't expect what was to come.

My mom's loud laughter rang in my ears, making my stomach turn.

"Oh Rose, I knew you weren't a good liar, but I didn't think you were this bad!"

Feeling very hurt from her words, I bit my tongue before I said something I'd regret later. My mother has always been like this. Don't get me wrong, she is an amazing mother, but she's got no filter. She just doesn't realize how her words can come off to others and it used to be much worse when my dad was alive and would edge her on.

She'd say anything she wanted to.

Noticing my serious expression, Sophia whispered for her to stop and finally my mom's laughter finally died down.

"Oh, come on Rosie, the Alpha Hunter? You're telling me that you are mated to the most powerful Alpha there is? Is this like that time you said you found your mate when you were just a little child?"

"I'm not lying to you, Mother." I roll my eyes aggressively and scoff.

"Alright then. If he's your mate then why didn't he announce that? Or why didn't he hold your hand, stand beside you, or at least even talk to you? The first thing an Alpha would do is to mark their mate, so all other wolves know who she belongs to." My mom rubbed my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me. I didn't need her comfort.

"You probably just had a miscommunication. I know Alpha Hunter is this big bad boy, he's attractive and powerful and girls your age are all into that stuff, but sweety it's not real. It's just a crush."

Frustrated by my mother, I decide to get Soph's intel instead. "What do you think, Soph? You know I wouldn't make this up. You know me better than anyone."

She looked hesitant to respond, her brown orbs avoiding my own.

"Soph? Just say it." Her silence was deafening, I couldn't believe she thinks I'm making this up.

"I believe you, Rose, but it just doesn't make any sense. Why would Hunter be having a wedding if he is your mate?"

My heart sank.

"W-wedding? What wedding?" I pathetically spat out.

My mother was quick to answer, "Alpha Hunter's wedding. It's the biggest gossip around. He announced his date at the beginning of his speech. Didn't you hear?"

I felt as if my throat was closing up and my lungs were burning for oxygen.

I stuttered a couple of times before I could finally make out a proper sentence, "What do you mean he announced his date? He's really getting m-married? She's not even his mate!"

"And you are? Rosie, let it go. He obviously already found his mate and is prepared to marry her."

"But he marked me!" I touched the delicate skin on my neck where Hunter had pierced with his teeth. It felt sore but I couldn't feel a scar or any mark for that matter.

"This has gone too far, Rose. You are not marked because there is no mark nor scent attached to you. You are not mated to Alpha, and I beg you to keep those thoughts to yourself. Alpha Hunter might not appreciate your inappropriate ideas and he will not show us any mercy." My mother spoke sternly, her eyes hard in intimidation, but I could see the pity she felt inside them.

My own mother thinks I'm a lunatic.

My mom spoke again, more softly this time, "But don't worry, Rosie. Your real mate is out there. You'll find him." She reached her arm out and gave my shoulder a squeeze.

" I love you, but don't think you're off so easily on ditching and not even calling last night. Now come on, I promised Sophia I'll make my famous soup for her when we get home to help cure her headache.

Sighing from my mother's ignorance, I quietly followed her to Jake's car. There was no use in trying to convince her of the truth, she'd never believed me. No one would.

Although that's probably a good thing as it secures the fact that my secret will be safe. No one will ever suspect that I could be the Alpha's mate. This is a good thing, but why is it making me feel so lifeless?

There is an empty hole building inside my heart, engulfing my joy and happiness from within. I could feel it drain any hope I had for that daydream life, that happily ever after with my mate that would love me above all.

"You can sit in the front, sweety." My mother smiled at me as she ushered me past her.

Not replying, I open the passenger side door of the black car and make eye contact with Jake.

"Hello, Rosie. It's been a while," Jake greeted as I began sitting down. I didn't like the fact that he was calling me by the same nickname my mother uses, but I refrain from saying something rude.

I flash Jake a real smile. "It has, hasn't it?"

Jake's a really good guy. He was only a few years older than my mother and has the biggest heart a man could have.

When my mother and I first came to his pack, we were terrified of being rejected. Packs don't just accept anyone to their Pack, especially not people that were as useless as us. As cruel as it sounds, but a single mother with two children had no benefit to their pack. We couldn't fight, we didn't hold any high ranks, and we didn't have very many assets.

Jake didn't care. He knew my father had recently passed away and he helped take care of us. He set us up with a nice cozy home and even helped my mother find a job. A small part of me suspected that he had a small crush on my mom, as his mate was also dead.

Widow werewolves usually end up finding each other and creating a bond for companionship.

It would be a lie if I said I never imagined him and my mother together, but each time I mention it, my mother hushes me, saying she's not ready for a relationship.

"Rosalyn Edwards!" Hearing my name being yelled from the distance, I turned towards the sound.

"A-are you Rosalyn Edwards?" A young man said between taking big breaths. It looked like he had just run a marathon as he leaned through the open window and rested one arm on the top of the car.

I nod, nervously.

"The Alpha requests to see you in his office. Now." Not seeming so tired anymore, the man stands up to his fullest, showing off his lean torso.

"Oh... What for?" Why would Hunter want to speak to me? Did he want to tell me in person that he faked marking me and is going to reject me? Or perhaps he wanted to gloat about his great big wedding.

"I don't get paid to ask questions. Now let's go."

"Do you even get paid to do this?" I asked. He yanked the door open and reached out, grabbed my arm in a tight grip. Before I could argue anymore, he was dragging me back towards the packhouse.

"Hey, wait! Where are you taking her?" Jake questioned, quickly getting out of the car, and running towards us. The man tightened his grip around my arm but nonetheless stopped when Jake stood directly in front of us.

"Alpha demands her presence. If you have a problem then go talk to him, or the beta. I'm just following orders."

Jake stood speechless. The former Alpha was powerless, and I could see the pain and anger in his eyes as he surrendered, stepping away from our path.

"Be safe," he whispered to me as the man tugged me forwards by my arm.

* *

I was now standing outside of Hunters office, directed to knock and wait for his approval to enter. Hunter's office was on the left side of the packhouse, down a long quiet hall with a couple of closed doors nearby. It was the most private and quietest area of the house in my opinion.

The young man who dragged me here, whose name I learned to be Toby, was useless when it came to finding out information. He neither knew nor cared of why Hunter asked for me.

Millions of thoughts flooded my head on what he could want. Was he mad about how Greg was to me? Did I somehow disrespect him earlier in front of the other wolves? Is he going to kill me?

Or maybe he called me here because he broke it off with Emily and decided he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. Ha. Good one.

Slowly, I raise my fist towards the door, bracing myself to knock.

"Come in," the familiar voice called out before I even touched the door.

Well, that was creepy. Does he have cameras in the hallway?

I didn't bother saying hi, I opened the door and got straight to it. "How did you know it was me?"

"I could smell your scent," he replied, his eyes still glued to the stack of papers in front of him. He sat behind a large dark brown desk closer to the back of the office. The table was ten times the size of those individual high school desks and had a computer on the left side. Hunter sat directly behind the center of the desk, the tip of his pen tapping against his bottom lip as he tried to focus on the paper in his hand.

He had definitely been chewing on that pen before I came in. It made me think of those silly movies where the female love interest seductively puts the pen in her mouth, attempting to catch the main character's attention.

The idea that Hunter was one of those seductive side characters made me laugh, but I held in the urge and pretended to cough as a cover.

Hunter froze immediately and dropped the pen to the table. Finally, he looked up and started examining me from head to toe. Feeling very comfortable with his wandering eyes, I awkwardly shift my weight between my feet waiting for him to speak.

"You asked for me," I say, unable to take any more of his scrutinizing stare.

"Yes, I did." He slid his chair back and got up. He interlocked his hands and stretched his hands outwards.

"Where were you last night?" He demands while taking short yet steady steps towards me. He nonchalantly fixed his shirt cuffs, pretending like he didn't even care for my response.

"At Greg's house."

I knew those words would only anger his wolf, as his wolf recognized me as his mate no matter how many times Hunter rejected me.

"And why were you with him?" He growls out menacingly, his focus now on my face. His forest-colored eyes flickered with specs of black. He was losing control.

"Because he was there for me. You weren't. He was," I spoke as if he was a 5-year-old. I wanted him to feel the pain I felt.

He was now only a step away from me, far too close for my comfort. As he kept getting closer, I took small steps backwards.

"You are not his, Rosalyn. You are mine." His eyes were nearly fully black.

"How dare you say that! You're getting married to someone else and here you are saying I can't be with someone else. Well, a little too late there, buddy. I slept with Greg."

That was a lie. One big fat lie. A lie that could potentially put both me and Greg in danger.

"You're lying," he stated between clenched teeth. His eyes were now fully black. He lost all control.

"You're lying. You're lying," He mutterers repetitively. "You are mine!" He growls out one more time before lunging towards me.

I push myself back, expecting to hit a wall, but was surprised to feel nothing. I fell through the doorway and backward until my back hit the hard ground. Hunter wasted no time as he pinned me to the floor, his one hand holding both my hands down above my head.

"You're mine," he said again, snuggling his head in my neck and placing small kisses all around.

"You rejected me. You said you didn't want me. You're getting married for Pete's sake!"

I wanted to show the same affection that he was showing, but I couldn't. As much as the mate bond was pushing me towards him, I had to resist. Once he regained control from his werewolf, he'd regret ever kissing me.

It was so hard to resist him when his scent made my inner wolf go crazy.

To resist his cute, dimpled smile.

His captivating green eyes.

His desirable deep voice.

And most of all, his plush tempting lips that were so close to mine.

"No one else can ever have you. You're all mine."

His arm reached for my back, pulling me up.

His hands griped my hips, leaving sparks everywhere he touched.

Hoisting himself up, pulling me with him, forcing me to wrap my legs around him so I wouldn't fall.

"What are you doing?" I whispered, embarrassed with how red my cheeks must be right now.

"What mates do."

And just like that, his lips were on mine. This time, I couldn't resist.

I kissed him back with just as much fierceness, passion, and what I like to assume was love.

Though I doubt that's what it was for Hunter.

Kissing until we were breathless, neither of us wanted to stop.

And so, we didn't.

The both of us too caught up in the moment, we didn't realize there was a new presence in the room until it was too late.

"Hunter!" The voice screamed out.

---------------------------------------------------

This took so long!!!!

I hope you liked it!

I just want to thank you EVERYONE who is reading this book. Who's voting on each chapter, commenting on their opinion, or just giving this book a chance.

I love you all!!! :)

What did you think?

Do guys ship her with Hunter? or naa

Who do you think walked in on Hunter and Rose's intense make-out session?

-----> VOTE, please!!!

XOXO-Jada

Happy..back to school? Lool jks.. there's nothing happy about that.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

109K 3.4K 32
Alpha Female Omega Male °°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°° ~Breaking-Stereotypes~ Alpha Arya finds her sweet little mate who happen...
20K 427 58
Mika Sakurajima lost her parents to a strong demon and suffered a tragic past. After slaying the demon and many other, Mika quickly rises through the...
597K 14.7K 87
Her simple life was being abandoned by her parents and tossed away by the one she loves for a single person whom she thought was like her sister, but...
161K 4.8K 25
Book #1 of The Werewolf Chronicles "I guess it's time to tell you that I don't love you. I just wanted to tear this family apart. You were just a paw...