So close yet so far (Prince o...

By otaku_of_the_night

Martina Jasmine at the age of 11 became the youngest ever to be ranked as number one in the world of tennis... More

Prologue
Arrival
Transferee from Germany
Overwhelming
Lantern and the Truth
Nationals
Finals
Pro
Renoir
Melbourne Junior's
Present
U-17 Camp
England
Jealous
Sorry
Parents
Teasing
Chance
Finals
Quality Time
Scarf
Other's
Christmas
Birthday
Dedication
Opportunity
Champion
Exhibit
Leave
Rain
Distracted
Bloom
Parents
Anchor
Marriage Interview
Sleepover
Match
Hard
Photo shoot
Pain
Unworthy
Tears
Sushi
Epilogue
Special
Cleaning Day

Beginnings

1.4K 39 2
By otaku_of_the_night

Just like Jasmine suggested Yukimura called some people so he can practice before going to the tournament. Sanada, Shiraishi, and a couple of other power player he got to know in the camp for this favour and they are more than happy to help Yukimura.

The next day they, right before his flight later that night, everyone gathered in the Rikkaidai Tennis Court.

"Thank you for coming all the way here and helping me prepare for this." Yukimura said to the seven power players who have come. Sanada, Toyama, Shiraishi, Oni with Tanegeshima, and Kabaji, that came because of Atobe.

"Ahn~ Kabaji will defeat you. Maybe after this we can play so I can show you what a King ore-sama is." Atobe said who is standing in front of Kabaji.

"If we still have time Atobe." Yukimura said and smile at Atobe.

"It's a great opportunity for us to help you train Yukimura. Being able to play at the Melbourne Junior Tournament is such a great step for you." Oni from the Camp said as Irie Kanata and Kazuta Tokugawa stands behind him.

Everyone settle down around the court of Rikkaidai as Sanada and Yukimura enter the courts.

"I won't hold back Yukimura." Sanada said as they shake hands.

"I don't expect you too, Sanada." Yukimura answered and smiled at Sanada.

Yukimura planned on not using the Yips. As Sanada uses his lightning he expect Yukimura to use the same technique he used to return it like before but was surprised when he didn't.

What more surprises Sanada was when he received Yukimura's return the ball has no power to it even though it looks like a very powerful shot making the ball go out.

'Am I in yips? Am I losing my sense of touch?'

The rest who were watching was surprised that Sanada made that ball out when it was supposed to be a powerful shot as well.

Atobe looked carefully at the match. This technique. . .he thought.

"What do you think Atobe?" Oni asked who is standing next to Atobe.

"The technique Yukimura used canceled the power to the ball. The speed made it looked like a heavy ball but it's actually a light ball." Atobe said he can't quite grasp the technique Yukimura used.

They continue their match and Sanada didn't expect for Yukimura to do that again. Sanada thought it was the Yips but he can still feel, hear and see the ball even as the game progresses even though Yukimura keeps on canceling every powerful shot Sanada makes.

'It's not a fluke or the yips. It doesn't seem it's a dream. What is this technique Yukimura is using?'

Kintaro was the next one Yukimura played to. Just like that the game finished with Yukimura's complete victory.

"This is turning out all one sided match." Atobe said. Yukimura did evolved so much.

Oni was the next one to play with Yukimura. Yukimura knows about his powerful Jack knife and a couple other hand numbing technique.

"Let's give it our best Yukimura." Oni said earning a smile from Yukimura.

Oni was surprised how the game turned out with Sanada it was such a one sided match. To everyone's surprise Yukimura manage to return all of Oni's finishing return. Even the glowing shot.

Did he really manage to grow this much since the U-17 WC? That is what's going on in everyone's mind as they watch how Yukimura completely dominated the match.

"You've done well Yukimura. It was a total lost." Oni said and shake hands with Yukimura.

The game continued with Yukimura's complete win.

"I don't know what you need us for. You've totally done it." Shiraishi said as he shake hands with Yukimura. He is the last one to play a match with Yukimura. 

"That is actually why I invited to play against everyone. I want to know if I mastered the technique." Yukimura said as he smile to Shiraishi.

"That reminds me. It's similar to Martina Schwarz cancelation technique." Shiraishi said as he remember seeing the technique on one of the live telecast of Martina Schwarz match. 

"The very beautiful Martina you say?" Atobe said making Yukimura feel irritated but still smiled.

"Oh! Now that you mentioned it! It is like Martina Schwarz!" Akaya said he is one of the spectator in the game. He is one of Martina Schwarz's biggest fan.

"How did you learn that Yukimura? Up until now no one manage to know how Martina Schwarz does it." Jusaburo Mori one of the spectators of the match and Yukimura's senpai.

"Nee? Isn't she the one we saw in Australia? The very beautiful girl who looks like an angel?" Kintaro asked Oni and Shiraishi who both nodded their head.

Just then, Renji has been looking at Yukimura for a while now. So Yukimura really knows his cousin's true identity and it's 80% chance that his cousin even taught Yukimura the technique even to him was concealed by his own cousin.

"Thank you again for helping me practice for my tournament." Yukimura said to everyone who nodded their head and wished him luck before going.

As Yukimura went out of the shower of their club room he didn't expect Renji to be standing there waiting for him.

"She taught you the technique?"

"Why are you asking the answer to a question you know the answer too."

"Since when did you about her?"

"It's been a while."

Renji nodded his head and leave Yukimura. Knowing Yukimura he isn't the type who will tell.

The whole team together with Yukimura's family sent off Yukimura to the airport for his first individual international tennis tournament.

"Mura-bucho. Here here I bake a cake for you to wish you luck." Marui said as he handed Yukimura a paper bag.

"Here are some of the data I gather about you for the past years. You can looked into it once you're on the plane." Yanagi said and handed Yukimura a folder containing Yukimura's data.

"Thank you Marui, Yanagi."

"This is from me Yukimura." Yagyuu said and give Yukimura the latest release grip tape of the brand Yukimura like.

"Pupina." Niou said as he handed Yukimura a headband.

Akaya is looking at everyone giving gifts and good luck to Yukimura. "Ea~ Why no one told me that we should bring a present for bucho~!"

Jackal pointed at Akaya "We didn't have to tell you! You should have known that you need to give him a good luck present."

Marui went to Akaya and placed his arm around Akaya and started chocking him, "Apologize right now to mura-bucho for not bringing anything."

Yukimura laugh at them making them turn their heads to Yukimura. "It's alright Marui, Akaya. You didn't really have to get me anything."

"Yukimura." Sanada said handing Yukimura a small plant potted in a cup. "Face them head on."

Yukimura nodded and looked at the team who is now teasing Akaya. "Look after them for a while, Sanada."

"You don't need to worry about them Yukimura. Give your whole attention to the tournament." Sanada said.

"Nee-chan!" Yukimura's younger sister Kurumi is hugging Yukimura now and not wanting to let go.

"Be a good girl while I'm away Kurumi. Ok?" Yukimura said as he passed Kurumi to their father.

"Do your best. We're proud of you Seiichi." His father said and hug him.

"We're cheering for you, son." His mother said and gave him a kiss on the cheek and hug him tight.

Just then Yukimura's flight is called and everyone wave to him in good bye as Yukimura walked.

'This is a start of new beginnings for me.'

The next day at Rikkaidai everything is quiet and peaceful. Jasmine manage to enter their classroom without the need to squeeze herself from the fangirls of the Three demons.

As Yukimura is in Melbourne while Renji and Sanada were both in the U-17 camp the absence of the three in the class is really noticeable.

Jasmine's day went on like usual but rather than spending the time at lunch with the tennis team she spends it with her classmate and co-club member Todou Karin.

"Neh. Jasmine-chan." Karin called her making her looked at her "A lot of people are curious that's why I wanted to asked what is your real relationship with Yukimura-san?"

Jasmine was taken a back with her question. A couple of weeks after her transferring here everyone finally believe that Renji and her were cousin. That is the last scandal she's been on. She also placed some distance with her and the tennis team as she figure out that they were extremely popular and with a steady increasing number of fan base especially the Three Demons of Rikkaidai she might be caught in trouble. She just occasionally join them for lunch but aside from that she keep her distance.

Her and Yukimura only started really being friends and always talking when she told him her secret but aside from that they just casually talk about art and other things they share interest about. During their one hour club meeting in the gardening club and beautification committee (that Yukimura insisted on her joining) they rarely speak altogether.

"What do you mean? Yukimura and I are friends since Renji and him spends a lot of time together."

"It's just that we've seen the way Yukimura looked at you and how he always laugh when he is with you. He doesn't look like an enigma whenever you two were together. The two of you just seems too close." Karin said voicing what she and the other people have been observing.

"I don't know what you mean. Yukimura and I are just really friends." Jasmine said standing up with her tray and Karin followed suit.

As Jasmine went home she is surprised to see her father.

"Papa!" Jasmine immediately went to her father and hug him tight. "What are you doing here in Japan? I thought your busy?"

"Well, when my only daughter told me that she wanted to try rehabilitation I immediately arrange the best team in Germany with the best technology to come here." Anshelm replied to his daughter. "Your hair. You no longer look like your mom."

"Ah. Yeah. Remember I told you I cut it before I went to school." Jasmine said holding the end of her hair that is on shoulder length. "But you bring with you what?"

"We own the best hospital in the world Martina. It would be a shame if my daughter won't receive the best treatment and rehabilitation."

Her father owns the biggest and most advance medical facility in the world. They have hospital, rehabilitation center, therapeutic resort in different part of the world. That's why concealing about her accident isn't that hard for her father.

The rehabilitation center that they own includes the most renown rehabilitation center in the world for athletes who've suffered from injuries.

"Thank you papa." Jasmine said and hugged her father even more. Her father just kissed her forehead and hug his only daughter.

Jasmine knows about her grandfather disliking her father because of multiple reason. One of those is him not being a Japanese. That is why their dinner went on with a thick tension building up. Jasmine tried to lighten up the mood but it just turned sour.

"Papa, where is mama? Isn't she with you?"

"She has to go to Africa. But she will also come here three days from now." Her father answered smiling at her.

"You let my daughter wander off on her own?" Taira Yoshiyo said anger is obviously lies within his voice.

"She's not alone father. She's with my most trusted body guards and her secretary." Anshelm said to his father-in-law trying to compose himself. This man really hates him to the core.

"You think just because she's with her body guards and secretary she's already safe?"

"I trusted my men and they are the best in the field."

"That doesn't guarantee me that my daughter is indeed safe. It's really a wrong choice that I entrusted her to you."

"MY WIFE is safe with my men. I wouldn't let anything bad to happen to MY WIFE." Anshelm said already losing his cool and putting emphasis on his every word.

"If you really don't want anything to happen to her YOU should have come with MY DAUGHTER. But what can I expect from you." Taira Yoshiyo said his voice is low but he put definite emphasis on some of his words.

That's the last straw as her father stand up and grandfather stand up as well. Papa was about to go to grandfather when I stop him. Grandfather was then stopped by grandmother.

I guess peace in the table with my family is hard to attain. Jasmine thought as she lay in her bed. Her father left the house as according to him my grandfather might try to assassinate him to his sleep.

Jasmine can't sleep and went to her computer. She remember that Yukimura is probably resting now.

To: yuki.seiichi@yahoo.com

Subject: Enjoying?

How are you Seiichi? I hope you are doing fine there in Melbourne? That reminds me how was your match coming up? Any interesting players? Or are you just wandering around? You should rest when you don't have matches but knowing you your probably watching other matches. If you have time you should visit this one restaurant they serve really good food. It's a little far from the stadium and near the coast, it's called 'Chandrelle'. I love going there you should try their chiko roll and their pavlova is a real thing! Thinking about it now makes me hungry and crave for it. 

By the way, I was surprised as I came home from school my father is here. Remember I told him about me undergoing rehabilitation? I guess he was just so excited that he immediately cleared his schedule and come here. He also brought with him some Medical team from Germany. I don't know yet when I'll be starting rehabilitation but I think it's pretty soon. Papa said we will go to one of our hospital to get me tested and such so that they'll know the precautionary measure they needed before starting my rehabilitation. I'm scared. I know huge chances are I won't be able to play tennis like how I used too but I hope for the best. But this is a step for new beginnings for me. Remember once I'm through the rehabilitation we will play a match right?

Hope to hear from you soon.

JASMINE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 69 4
"๐‘ฐ ๐‘ช๐‘จ๐‘ต ๐‘ณ๐‘ถ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฌ ๐’€๐‘ถ๐‘ผ ๐‘ฑ๐‘ผ๐‘บ๐‘ป ๐‘ฎ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฌ ๐‘ด๐‘ฌ ๐‘จ ๐‘ช๐‘ฏ๐‘จ๐‘ต๐‘ช๐‘ฌ ๐‘ป๐‘ถ"
14.3K 25 1
[This is the official rewrite of "The Vice-President". Currently a pre-save for the full release.] Satsuki Kiryuin, President of the Honnouji Academy...
1.1M 37.5K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
32.2K 1.4K 4
this is pretty messed up and you probably shouldn't read it lol โžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธ โžธโžธโžธCOPYRIGHT IZZY SAPHIRA โžธโžธโžธโžธ โžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธโžธ