SOFTWARE INSTABILITIES. - Con...

By LEVILEORIO

So like since I'm a D:BH stan and Connor(and Hank) are my favorite characters AND I read WAY TOO MANY Connor... More

ZERO: Introduction.
ONE: Who Would Have Known? (Connor x NewDetective!Reader)
TWO: The Dog Park.
THREE: Heartbroken.
FOUR: The Dog Park. [Part 2- The Wedding.]
FIVE: Attention.
SIX: Heartbroken. [Part 2- I Forgive You.]
SEVEN: {smut} Best Day of Work Ever. (Protective!Connor x Gavin'sEx!Reader)
EIGHT: Group Chat.
TEN: Group Chat. [Part 2- The New Addition.] |REQUESTED!|
ELEVEN: {smut} The Dog Park. [Part 3- Honeymoon.] |REQUESTED!|
TWELVE: Mother's Day.
THIRTEEN: Oh, My God.
FOURTEEN: Revolution. (Machine!Connor x Android!Reader) |REQUESTED!|
FIFTEEN: {smut} Birthday. |REQUESTED!|
SIXTEEN: A Blessing and A Curse. (Yandere!Connor x Reader) |REQUESTED!|
SEVENTEEN: Birthday. [Part Two: Snow.] |REQUESTED!|
EIGHTEEN: {smut} Until You Can't Walk. |REQUESTED!|
NINETEEN: I Need You. |REQUESTED!|
TWENTY: {trigger warning} Date. |REQUESTED!|
TWENTY-ONE: I Need You. [Part Two- Perfect.] |REQUESTED!|
TWENTY-TWO: Fantastic. |REQUESTED!|
TWENTY-THREE:{smut}Until You Can't Walk.[Part Two-Great Day.] |REQUESTED!|
TWENTY-FOUR: Group Chat. [Part Three: PHCK.]
TWENTY-FIVE: I Love Everything About You. |REQUESTED!|
TWENTY-SIX: Group Chat. [Part Four: GAVIN!!!] |REQUESTED!|
TWENTY-SEVEN:{angst(?)/fluff} Fear.
TWENTY-EIGHT: {fluffy smut}I Need You. [Part Three: Cheater.]
TWENTY-NINE: {angst}Let Him Go.
FINALE: The End.
LMAOAOAO HIII GUYS (it's not over anymore!)
THE RETURN 001:{smut} The Elevator. |REQUESTED!|

NINE: Gone.

1.5K 32 106
By LEVILEORIO

Connor's POV
(THIS IS GONNA BE A LONG ONE SO LET'S JUST GO RIGHT INTO A FLASHBACK)

'Hank was driving quickly, gripping the steering wheel until his knuckles turned whiter than paper.

"Y/N, it'll be okay! Calm down, we're almost there!"
"I can't! I-I can't!" my love said, crying.

Her blood coming out of cuts on her face, sweat, and tears mixed, as she was strapped into a wooden chair. The person who put her there, no longer in the room.

"Hank drive faster!"
"I'm going past the legal limit!" he yelled.
"Fuck 'the legal limit,' drive faster!" I cursed.

Hank looked forward, swearing and sweating as he drove 20 over the limit.

"I'm almost here sweetheart, don't leave me, okay?" I spoke to her, tears reaching my eyes as well.

"I promise I won't, just hurry, please...
"I don't want to die."

"Don't talk like that, I'm almost there!"

"Connor... I love you. I wish I could hold you."
"I love you too, and you will hold me, 'cause you're not going to die, Y/N!"

She looked at me, her eyes softening like she wasn't in one of the scariest situations she'd ever been in.
"Connor, breathe. Your LED is blinking red," she spoke to me softly.

Why is she trying to calm me down? This should be the other way around.

"Don't worry about me. I know my stress levels are exponentially high but that's not important. What's important is that you stay calm. Did you see this guy?"

"N-No I didn- n-no let me talk to him for a little while longer, please!"

She wasn't talking to me anymore.

"Y-Y/N?" I questioned.

"I'm sorry, she can't speak to you anymore," said a deep voice. It sounded altered like it wasn't a human or an android talking.
"You can look her though. Pathetic."

There she was covered in gashes, her shirt and pants ripped, looking like she was repeatedly punched.

"It feels awful doesn't it? Not being able to protect her."

"Yes, indeed it does. But you know what's gonna feel amazing? When I throw you in a jail cell and hug my wife," I told him, meaning what I said.

Suddenly, the car stopped and Hank looked at me.

"We're here," Hank whispered.
"I'll stay here, and call the rest of the Police Department."

"Alright, Hank," I said as I hung up on the criminal keeping my wife captive.

I kicked in the door, running through the halls of the large warehouse that I tracked down.

The sound of my shoes hit the ground as I ran.

"Y/N!" I yelled out, calling for her desperately.

There was no answer, and the only thing I could hear were the clicks of my shoes and my mind telling me that she could be dead.

"Y/N!!" my voice echoed.

"C-Connor!" I heard her call out for me faintly.

Her voice led me to a room with a wooden door, that was unlocked.

I slowly and quietly opened the door to observe the room.

The door was in the very corner of the room, so neither of them could see me.

I tip-toed through the doorway and suddenly locked eyes with Y/N.

She was quivering and I could tell that she was about to say something when I brought my index finger to my lips, indicating her to not speak.

I pulled my gun out of my holster but I wasn't going to shoot him. I'm not gonna kill him. I wanted to feel the relief of putting him behind bars.

I ran behind the criminal and hit him in the head with my gun.

He collapsed, but I hit him so hard I thought he might be out for at least an hour or two.

Tears filled my eyes, as I brought my attention to her, ran to her bruise covered body and put my gun back into its holster.

I unbuckled the belts holding her down, which left marks on her wrists and ankles.

I looked at her (E/C) eyes which glimmered with tears and she reached out for me like a child.

I picked her up and carried her bridal style and I stood there running my fingers through her still beautiful hair.

"Connor, I-I'm pretty sure I can stand. What did I tell you about carrying me?" she said while smiling.

I would've protested but I put her down and I hugged her.

"I-I'm sorry, Y/N."
"For what?"
"For this. I would've done something or should've, or could've-"
"Connor," she pulled back from our embrace, looking into my eyes.

"Mmhmm?"
"Shut up," she chuckled. "Don't go blaming yourself, for something you couldn't have possibly prevented. Don't. Promise me? Please?" my wife asked, looking at me seriously.

I sighed, knowing everything she just said was right. I blamed myself for her kidnapping, and I know that I shouldn't but I can't. I need to protect her. Always. But she's making me promise her, and I told her when we got married that I'll never break a promise. Not ever.

"Okay. I promise. I just don't like to see you hurt like this."
"I'm not hurt, I'm perfect. Well more than perfect, now that you're here."

I smiled at her, happy to see her alive. But on the inside, behind my smile I was felt... sad, I think. Because my scanners were telling me that she wasn't fine, she was emotionally traumatized. And she was hiding it from me.

We were silent for a while, still holding each other until Y/N spoke up.

"Honey, I... I want to know who he is."
"Who?"
She gestured to the guy on the floor, who I had just knocked out.

"I don't think you should, that's not safe. For all we know, he could be faking be knocked out," I warned while running my fingers through my hair.
"Please? I promise I'll be careful, Connie."
"Fine, but you knew I was gonna say yes, because of that nickname, didn't you?"
"Of course."

She started to limp away to the other side of the large room with her back turned to me.

She carefully turned his head, to see his face.

With a gasp, escaped the name "Gavin."

That was all Y/N said, however, before he opened his eyes and quickly grabbed her feet, causing her to collapse to the floor.

Gavin looked at me, his body still on the ground as he said coldly, "If I can't have her, then no one can."

I ran to him as he stood up, put his foot over her neck so she couldn't breathe and pulled out a gun of his own.

Right before I reached him, he pulled the trigger, and my world moved in slow motion as she screamed, a bullet passing through the middle her chest.

My LED blinked red as I pulled out my own gun and shot him five times until I was sure he was more than knocked out this time.

I dropped my body, to hold her and see her breathing her last breaths, as a small "I l-love you so much Connor," spilled from her lips.

Her last words.
I scanned her. Her pulse rate at 0.
Deceased.

"No. No! Please no! Not her! Why couldn't it have been me?! Why?!" I cried and screamed into the silence, clutching her putrescent body.

Suddenly, Hank stood in the doorway, his eyes widened.

"H-Hank. Y/N, she... I-"
"Shh, son. Just let it out."

And so I did. I cried as Hank walked towards me, sat on the floor and patted my back, with the sounds of the sirens from the rest of the DPD arriving getting louder.

(THIS LONG ASS FLASHBACK IS OVER)

Third Person POV
Connor walked past the gravestones, his feet crushing the fallen leaves of October on the ground, and his mind just clearing up from the memories he had every time he came to see her.

Finally, he reached the grave of his beloved wife, which read:
Y/N M/N L/N
A loved Wife, Daughter, and Dedicated Officer.
2015-2040
(okay so obviously you were born in 2015 [oh my god] so you were 25 when you passed away.)

"Hi, Honey," he spoke, replacing old bouquets of flowers with two new bouquets next to her gravestone. They were her two favorite kinds of flowers, (insert favorite flowers or just use mine: red roses and sunflowers).

"Hank and I were promoted exactly 47 hours and 13 minutes ago. That was great, I guess," he told her.

"He's the Captain now. Fowler retired. I'm a Lieutenant. So work is going pretty good," he pretended like he could hear her asking how work was.

But thing was, she couldn't answer. Or ask him anything for that matter. And Connor knew that, but she was still alive in his heart, his mind.

That's what he had to keep telling himself. Or else, he doesn't know where he would be right now.

"Love, Sumo misses you. He's been down for a while. Hank's been saying that he'll get over it soon but it's been 1 year and 249 days since... since y-you left us and his behavior hasn't changed," he tried to crack a smile, but failed.

This upset him because he knew she would want him to smile as much as he could. But it just wouldn't work.
He needed his happiness back.

He tried to scan the ground, just see if there were any signs of life, after almost two entire years if some miracle could've happened and her heart could start beating again. Yes, that's not logical of him to think, but he didn't care.

He just wanted to hold her, never let her go, and just whisper how much he loved her into her ear, just like he used to every day.

A frown crept up his face, as his scan was negative like it always was. He lowered his body, to lay on the ground his wife was buried 6 feet directly under him.

It felt like torture to him to be so close to Y/N, yet so far. He twirled his wedding ring on his finger, which he never, never ever took off.

"I miss you, Love..." his voice cracks in the process.
"...so much. Too much. But I know you can't come back to me. And I don't really understand the purpose of me being here without you anymore," he told her, the synthetic skin on his face, wet from crying.

"I'm replaceable, so why couldn't he just take me? I don't get it."

Something in Connor's mind was urging him to do something he knew that Y/N wouldn't like.

He would usually ignore it, but it was getting worse and worse. Stronger and stronger.

The android couldn't ignore it anymore, even if he was just promoted only about 2 days ago.

So he gave in to his urge, as he pulled out his gun, with a shaky hand.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't protect you. I'm sorry that I'm about to do this, but if you can't come back to me, I'll just come to you. I'm sorry... but it hurts. It really really does. And I c-can't hurt anymore. I just can't take it anymore. I can't. So, I-I'm sorry, Y/N. So, so sorry," he stood up and pressed the cool metal to his temple, and at the pull of a trigger, resulting in a thirium-splattered ground...

"See you soon. I love you."

...in the blink of an eye...

...at the snap of a finger...

He was gone.

ALRIGHT THERE I GO
MAKING MYSELF SAD
OWO

IM DONE WITH MYSELF

BUT ANYWAY
I HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING THIS

REMEMBER TO VOTE ON THE STORY AND POSSIBLY SHARE IT WITH PEOPLE WHO LIKE D:BH

THANKS 🅱️!

Word Count: 1992 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 319 17
Story-driven insert of the reader into Connor's storyline. Chapters are long, that's why there are not many. Slow burn romance - no smut. Quick Backg...
1.3K 34 21
[These oneshots are pretty bad, especially at the beginning, so I'm going to focus on my other stories. I might rewrite them at some point. I WILL ST...
821 9 41
This is a Reed900 story. There will be lots of triggering topics and eventually smut, I don't have experience with writing Smut so I hope you can bar...
39.6K 515 26
Detroit: Become Human oneshots. Very gay :) Most, if not all, will be smut because I'm a bitch. Read at your own risk. PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO REQUEST I...