My Brightest Star - JENLISA

By Kanghighness

Synopsis: "Even though I'm not aware of what's going on around me, you might have at least given me the benef... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 27

5.1K 172 59
By Kanghighness

Jennie arrived at the said hotel around Daejeon. "Whoever this person is, the place really suits them. It looks like a hideout for some drug addicts." She glowered before getting out of the car and entering the hotel without minding the guards. 

In the midst of her journey towards the elevator, a middle-aged man approached her, preventing her from walking by grabbing her wrist, which made her startled. She turned around to face the man behind her and pulled her wrist harshly against the man's hold. "Who the fuck are you?!" 

The said man bowed down. "I'm sorry, miss, but my boss sent me here to bring you to where she is. Come and follow me." She just rolled her eyes while crossing her arms and followed the man to where he was leading her. "So it's really a girl?" She thought.

They reached the 8th floor. Jennie furrowed her brows as she scanned the whole floor; there was only one room in here. Maybe the said boss owned this place. They stopped right in front of where the two men were standing at each side of the door. "We're here, maam," said the man who led her here as he swiped the key card for her to enter inside. 

She drew a deep breath without letting the men behind her know. There was no way she would let them see and feel how her nervousness increased.

Once she entered the room, silence enveloped her whole being. The whole place seemed to be asleep; there was no trace of the said boss. She walks into the middle, and every step she takes is so light that she makes no sound at all. She's a little afraid and nervous, yet she still comes. "Where the fuck is that bitch?" She muttered under her breath, tapping her impatiently. 

At first, she thought the place was so small and cheap, but now she could say that the room was huge and didn't almost look like a hotel room at all. She could say that this hotel was one of the most luxurious in the whole city of Daejeon. It was too perfect for her to look like a real kidnapper. The said boss was indeed so rich that even money and power didn't really please her.

Minutes later, she felt a figure hugging her chin while resting against her shoulder. "Hi, hun." The imbodied voice of the girl caught her attention. Suddenly, all the thoughts that'd been bugging her had been erased from her mind, and she gawped on her stand, frozen by the figure behind her. Her ears pulsed with her heartbeat. 

She almost toppled as she took a large step backwards and faced the girl from her nightmare. Her eyes and her mouth were frozen wide open in an expression of stunned shock. 

"Na-na-nayeon? How-how come? Why?"

That's how Jennie felt now, unable to speak properly as she tried to remember how to breathe. She was totally stunned.

Nayeon smirks and stretches her arms wide. "Yes, it's me, hun. Did you miss me? Of course you do. Now give me a comeback hug." As she took a step forward, But before she could wrap her arms around her, her face received a big slap from Jennie's trembling hands, whose faces flashed with so much indignation and anger. "How dare you! Don't come near me!"

Nayeon touched her now-red left cheek, but she just laughed it off like it was nothing but a slap. "That hurts, hun."

"You deserved that. How did you do that, Nayeon? Tell me, how did you set it up?" Jennie shouted with so much anger. 

Nayeon shifted her gaze from Jennie's glare, which was slowly tearing her heart apart. She laughed. They are now metres away from each other. She pointed her index finger at the side of her head as if she were thinking, but grinned from ear to ear as she jabbed into the air. 

"Hmm. With the use of my complexity for intelligence? Or maybe I just have a great mind. You know me so well, Jen; I'm capable of Everything. And everything that I want, I cannot rest in peace if I don't get to have it." She's really pissing her off. 

"And I want you." she added, which made Jennie pin her against the wall and punch it hard. Nayeon jolted from the impact. The painted frames that were hanging on the wall fell upon the loud land of Jennie's fist. Jennie gritted her teeth. "You cannot have me, Nayeon," she spat against her face. 

Nayeon just smirked and shoved Jennie. "I can, and I'm sure of it."

Jennie crossed her arms and smirked as well. "How sure are you?" 

Nayeon walks towards her sprawling leather sofa and sits on her crossed legs. She ignored Jennie's question and decided to continue hers: "You see, the last time we had talked, I already had plans for what I had to do to get you back to me. I've been watching you." 

Jennie just stood there, confused. She frowned. "What do you mean by that?"

"I thought I had moved on, Jennie. But every time I see your love for her when you look into her eyes, it kills me. I can't bear to see you happy with her. I don't want to see you happy together. I'm still in love with you, Jennie; I love you so much," Nayeon said as her eyes started to form with tears.

Jennie shakes her head slowly. "No, nayeon. If you really do, you have to set me free to where I am happy, and I can only find that happiness in Lisa's arms. Please don't do this to us. I can't afford to lose her." A tear escaped from Jennie's eyes. She gazed down. Somehow, she felt guilty for what she had done to her before. The girl she used to know before is now gone, and she knows it's all because of her selfishness.

Nayeon chuckled lightly. "I can't, and you know that. I came back here for you, but knowing that you still pursued that childlike, my soul was no longer calm. I just gave you enough time to spend your time together happily, but today it will be the end of that. If you won't get back to me, okay. I won't force you, but I will make sure you two ruin as well." 

After hearing those last words from Nayeon, Jennie's hair on her nape rises. She couldn't utter a word. She's confused about what her ex was planning to do.

There was a long silence. Suddenly, Nayeon laughed her ass out as if everything didn't affect her anyway. Jennie turned and looked at her in an instant. There was no trace of tears in Nayeon's eyes, but only a cool hatred and love. It was rigid and cold. She stood tall, no matter what came her way. She's not allowed to show the tenseness that grows inside her heart, and she came here to fight for Lalisa, not to be afraid.

"I have decided, Jennie. Let's just help one another, then. Now listen to my proposal."

"What's with this bullshit again, Nayeon? What's the proposal you're talking about?"

Nayeon stood up from the leather sofa, walked towards her desk, and sat on top of it. She opened a bottle of whisky and poured a little into her low ball cup. She took a small sip and smirked. 

"I want you to break up with her and i'll be good." 

Jennie chuckled lightly. "Are you that desperate, Nayeon? This is nonsense. You know I can't do that right? Listen, I'm so sorry for hurting you before. I really am. Never in my life could I break up with her now that I've seen her as my bride. And I won't love anybody else aside from Lisa. So please stop humiliating yourself and stop all the shit you have planned. It's not funny anymore. Now if you are done with your shit, I think I must bid my farewell to you." . But before she could reach the door, The words that escaped from Nayeon's mouth made her muscles contract and her eyes widened in dread. 

"Break up with her, or I'll pull the trigger for real."

Jennie tried to hide how fearful she was after hearing those. As Nayeon felt how eerily silent Jennie was, she continued, "It was interconnected with my personal set-up surveillance. Perhaps you overlooked the fact that I'm artificially intellige-" She didn't get to finish her words when Jennie suddenly shoved everything that was on her desk, including the bottle of whisky that was now shattered on the floor, and slammed her both fists on it. "Disconnect it from your computer or I'll fucking cut your throat!" A burning animosity was developing in her reddening orbs. Her face has become rigid, her jaw tightly clamped, and her teeth are grinding together as she looked around the room in an attempt to locate the computer, but she couldn't find it.

"You can't find anything here, and how are you going to cut my throat when you don't have a weapon and you can't harm me? My men are watching us from outside. They will enter with just one move."

As demonish as Nayeon was, she still kept the smirks across her face. She's not afraid of Jennie.

"If only Lisa knew that I'd put something on her that she wasn't aware it had attached already. Poor little girl. And you, Jennie, it was for you to find out." As she poked Jennie's cheek, she immediately shoved it. 

"Don't be too harsh, Jennie. For once in your life, stop being selfish. Now I want you to know that wherever Lisa goes, she will be lying lifeless if ever I'll pull the trigger on." 

"Don't do this, Nayeon. I love her so much. Please just forget about me," Jennie begged. Tears streamed down her cheeks. The view excites Nayeon more. She loves seeing how Jennie is vulnerably pleading in front of her. She shook her head.

"You've left me with an exploding heart. Now I'm going to do the same to you."

"Would you rather see her die or end your relationship with her, but she is still alive and well. Choose now."

Jennie wiped away her tears and stood straight. The old woman returned--the coward Jennie back then, enabling Nayeon to smirk in triumph.

"I'll do whatever you want, Just don't hurt her."

______

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 64.2K 78
Jennie Ruby Jane Kim the only daughter of Kim Jiyong and Lee Chaerin. She is the CEO of the Kim Empire. She is a cold-hearted, spoiled brat, and a b...
835K 15.2K 43
Choi Lalisa Manoban is the CEO of MN company , she is 25 years old , she is a very rich person who from Manoban's family who is very famous in the wo...
935K 27.5K 47
Jennie Kim is a young woman with high confidence, self-defense, and big heart has met many problems in her life because she has no siblings or even p...
387K 11.5K 44
"I disgust myself, i am already a mess... and i don't want to destroy you too" Jennie said trying to get out of Lisa's hug "But i don't care and i lo...