Prince Charming Lives NextDoor

Bởi virgopenguin

"Do you ever wish you had a second chance to meet someone again for the first time. . ." * * * Ava Rose and L... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1: Ball Preperations
Author's Note
Chapter 2: Apologizes and What Ifs
Chapter 3: A Brunette In A Baby Blue Dress
Chapter 4: A Dance With Mystery Man
Chapter 5: Something Like Cinderella
Chapter 6: A Second Unknown Encounter
Chapter 7: Moving Day, Breakfast, And A Girl
Chapter 8: Spiders, Clowns, And Ken Dolls
Chapter 9: Crushing Egos With My Bike
Chapter 10: A Painful First Impression
Chapter 11: A Cheerios Murderer With A Hose
Chapter 12: Surprise Dinner With The Ross'
Chapter 13: Playing Footsie And Making A Bet
Chapter 14: Save It For The Judge, Liam Ross!
Chapter 15: So Call Me Maybe
Chapter 16: I Don't Have Mental Problems
Chapter 17: My Cheerios, Not Yours
Chapter 18: Legends, Threats, and Ditching
Chapter 20: We're Running From Plastic
Chapter 21: Mr. Psychic Pants Can Tell The Future
Chapter 22: His Confession
Chapter 23: One Heck Of A Birthday Surprise
Q & A Time
Chapter 24: Secrets, and an Unwelcomed Surprise
Chapter 25: A Good Day Gone Bad
Chapter 26 Part 1: Drama, Complications, And The Truth
Chapter 26 Part 2: Misinterpretations, and A Confession I Wasn't Expecting
Chapter 27: I Think We're Going To Be Best Friends
Chapter 28: I'll Do Anything... Just Keep Her Out Of It
Chapter 29: She Comes In with a Big Bang
Chapter 30: When the Crowd Goes Wild
Chapter 31: An Act Gone Too Far
Chapter 32: Haven't You Helped Enough
Chapter 33: Okay's and Trust Me's Are Reassuring
Chapter 34: Star Gazing, A Kiss, And An I Love You
Chapter 35: A Magician Never Reveals His Secrets
Chapter 36 Pt. 1: Insecurities and Weaknesses
Chapter 36 Pt. 2: I Knew Him All Along
Chapter 36 Pt. 3: You Should've Warned Me
Chapter 37: Broken Hearts And Scars
Chapter 38: I'll Never Be Able To Live This Down
Chapter 39: The Goodbye Kiss
Epilogue

Chapter 19: My Pretend Boyfriend And An Unexpected Kiss

452 21 10
Bởi virgopenguin

Hi everyone!

Here's Chapter 19!

I would like to give a shoutout thanks to @LivyBob for making two lovely covers for Prince Charming Lives NextDoor! One of the two covers, to the side ~~~~>

Other than that, enjoy!:)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ava's P.O.V.

'He ditched me! How could he?! Argh! When I find him, I'm going to kill him!'

After taking hold of a blue Walmart cart, I started pushing it towards the aisles with school supplies. On my way there, I began thinking of ways I could kill Liam. '1)Feed him to crocodiles and sharks. 2)Chase him to the end of the earth with a knife until he falls off. 3)Haunt him in his dreams. 4)Bury him alive...' My list was cut short when I bumped the cart into something. Looking up, I found a Ken doll. I immediately turned my head away.'Oh crap! Please don't see me, please don't see me.' But luck wasn't on my side. The guy turned his head towards me and smirked. 'Oh great! It's Keith Rogers, the football star.'

"Well if it isn't Spider woman. Enjoying morning jogs with spiders."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah. I actually do. They're more fun than talking to an annoying Ken doll that's stuck on replay."

His face expression turned into a one of anger. "What did you say bitch?" My eyes widened. Not in shock, but in surprise at his word choice. 'Whoa! No need to be so aggressive. See. What did I tell you? Populars treat you like you're below them. Well, I'm not going to be a door mat that they could walk all over on.'

I got up in his face. "You heard me. You think you can walk all over people. Well news flash buddy, where is that going to get you in life? Nowhere! So back off, jerk!"

Keith looked like he was on the brink of explosion, and I do not want to be here when he explodes. So, I decided to keep on walking past the aisles. That's when I heard him shouting something I couldn't really hear because of the distance between us. The only word I heard was "pay." I didn't want to think much of it, so I just forgot about it.

About seven aisles later, I bumped my cart into something. Again. This was getting pretty annoying. "Why do people keep on standing in the..." When I looked up to see who it was, I cut off my sentence. It was.....Joey Storms. The quarterback of our school's football team that every girl always dreams about. My first and only boyfriend, who by the way cheated on me. With Kate. And guess what, when I, me, broke up with him, he said, "he never wanted to date me in the first place. He just wanted to get into my pants." 'One word to describe him. Asshole. He tried breaking me by rubbing the truth in my face. But, guess what? I didn't care about the truth.' I was happy I had found him cheating. Plus, his plan failed because we never did IT. What a great first boyfriend. Not.

Joey looked at me and gave off a half smile. He scratched his head, trying to make his hair tousled. I rolled my eyes. He's still trying to play the nice hottie card with me. "Oh...hey Ava."

I gave him an 'I don't care' look. "Give up asshole!" With that I stormed off down the aisles until I was a good 7 down from his. 'This is why I like Target better. I would've liked Walmart better if the populars weren't always here 24/7.'

Right as I was going to enter the first school supply aisle, I heard fussing from the games aisle across to it. I looked over, only to find him. My jaw dropped open in shock. 'Oh my butterscotch! What the fudge is he doing?! He could get kicked out of the store!'

In the games aisle, sat Liam. He wasn't sitting on the floor, no. He was sitting in a Walmart cart playing the sample of Call of Duty Ghosts on the PS3. He was tapping on the controller buttons profusely while concentrating on the screen. I mentally face palmed myself as I walked over towards him.

When I was in ear reach, I started quietly scolding Liam. "Liam Ross! What the heck do you think you're doing?! This is a store! Not your room!" He looked over at me, making his deep blue-grey eyes lock with my boring dark brown ones. Liam grinned at me.

"Oh! Hi Avalon! What are you doing here...?" His sentence got quieter at the end as he started processing what he had just said. "Oh shit!" Liam quickly jumped out of the cart and cupped my face between his warm hands. He began apologizing. The warmth from the palm of his hands radiated onto my cheeks, making my cheeks heat up slightly creating a light blush. "I'm so sorry Avalon! I was walking back to where you were but then I saw the games aisle and that's when my mind went blank. I totally forgot about you."

His last sentence made me scoff and punch his shoulder resulting in him letting go of my face. "How could you forget a person. I literally waited for you for five minutes! Gosh, Ross! If you told me you were going to the games, I would've started shopping for school supplies by myself."

Liam smirked. "And let you have all the fun? No way!"

I gave him a perplexed look. "You think shopping for school supplies is fun? For me, it reminds me of school. Everywhere I look it screams, SCHOOL IS COMING!"

He softly chuckled at my comment. "There's still the bet. You remember it, right?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah. And I also remember that you can predict the future."

"Hey! Well, at least I'm not boring."

I snorted. "I'm not boring."

"Oh yeah? What did you ever do that was not boring?"

I started thinking of what I ever did that wasn't boring. But I couldn't come up with anything because I was always busy or by myself. I either had too much homework or I was lying in my bed chilling out from the day. I hung out with my friends here and there during the summer too. Though, I don't think Liam was talking about that. His question began bugging me and I started feeling insulted. I pouted.

I could tell that Liam noticed my uncomfortable behavior because he put an arm around my shoulder to comfort me. "Hey. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it in a bad way. You're actually fun to be around." I looked up at Liam to see him giving me a cute half smile. 'Whoa, hold up. Cute?'

I returned a small smile just to be friendly. "It's okay. It's just that sometimes..." I was going to explain, but Liam interrupted me.

"Nope. No need for explaining. We need to shop first. You go on ahead, I have to stop at the pitstop first."

"Okay."

**20 minutes later**

It took only 20 minutes for me to find all the stuff I think I needed for school. New personal record. I mentally fist pumped the air and did a happy dance. I was currently waiting for Liam to finish getting his things. Well, I don't even know where he is. The last time I saw him was at the games aisle.

I was deep in thought, until someone tapped my shoulder. Thinking it was Liam, I put on a bright smile and turned around. But my smile quickly faded when I came face to face with Joey. 'Ugh! Just leave me alone!'

I turned back around and started pushing the cart of school supplies away from him. "What do you want?" I dead panned.

Joey quickened his pace to catch up to me. "I just want to talk."

I halted in my tracks and turned to him. "Oh yeah? Talk about what?"

Joey swiftly took hold of my hand and started tracing patterns on it. Right when he started, I pulled my hand away from his. 'Creep alert!' "Oh come on, Ava. I know you still have feelings for me."

Just that comment made me burst out laughing. "Huh. You think I want you? Oh for the love of God! Just leave me alone, Joey! You blew your chance with ever being with me. I wasn't sad finding out you were cheating on me. Instead, I was glad I caught you so I wouldn't be dating a lying bastard like yourself. I'm over you!"

Joey opened his mouth to reply, but someone cut in. "Hey babe, what's going on?" I turned around to find Liam heading over towards me. 'Who was he talking to?' I gazed around finding no girl in an ears reach from here. I looked back. 'Was he talking to me?' I found the answer to my question when he slipped an arm around my waist and pulled me to his side. Speechless would be an understatement. I was flabbergasted. I glanced up at Liam to find him looking down at me with an adoring smile. At that exact moment, my heart melted. This must've been Liam acting because he would never look at me that way.

"You don't know that," my conscience spoke. I knew my conscience was right. But for some reason, I just wanted that smile to be real. 'Wait! What am I saying?'

Liam looked away from me and looked towards Joey. "Who's this babe?" The way Liam said babe made a chill go down my spine. At the corner of my eye, I saw Liam smirk. 'Just wonderful! I think I boosted his ego.'

I was just about to reply, but Joey cut in. "I'm Joey. Who are you?" He stuck his hand out for Liam to shake. I could tell Joey was a bit pissed at Liam for interrupting mine and his conversation.

Liam took his hand and shook it. "I'm Liam. Ava's boyfriend." I mentally face planted myself into my imaginary pillow. 'I now know what he was talking about. He's going to pretend to be my boyfriend. That's just peachy.' Just as they let go of each other's hands, the she devil herself came.

Kate went up to Joey and hugged his torso while giggling. Hearing her giggle made a chill go down my spine, again. But this time, it wasn't a good one.

After smooching their faces off, Kate looked over at me. She snarled at me. First thing that came to my mind...'inhumanly.' Kate's eyes then wandered from me to Liam. When her eyes landed on Liam, she licked her lips. 'One word, ew! She just made out with her boyfriend in front of Liam and me like a minute ago. That's just plain disgusting.' I could tell Liam was uncomfortable because he pulled me even more into his side, almost crushing me.

Kate's high pitched nasally voice suddenly popped up. "Oh! Who's this? You're the guy that ordered breakfast at Cali's Diner." She was gazing at Liam like he was a piece of meat. 'Oh my gosh! Ever heard of keep your eyes to yourself?!'

Liam forced a smile onto his face. "I'm Liam. Ava's boyfriend." He stuck out his hand for Kate to shake. I would have to say that was the most biggest mistake in his life.

But before Kate even reached his hand, Keith popped up out of now where. "Hey, Storms! What's up my man?" Liam quickly put his hand back to his side when Kate looked away.

Joey and Keith started having a conversation with each other, while on the other hand Kate turned back to paying attention to us. She was eyeing us suspiciously. "So, you guys are, like, dating, right?"

Liam and I nodded our heads in unison. Though, I really wanted to shake my head no. Kate nodded her head as if approving. "So, then it wouldn't be a problem for you guys to kiss, right?" I tensed while Liam kept a cool composure.

I was going to reply back to her, but Liam had beat me to it. "No, it's not a problem." 'Oh my gosh! Liam is just digging a bigger whole for us!' A few awkward minutes passed by with Kate just looking at us.

She looked at us expectantly. "Well?"

Liam gave her a 'are you kidding me?' look. "Seriously? You want us to kiss in public? That's inappropriate. There are little kids here!" And just after he finished his sentence, a group of 10 year olds ran passed us.

Kate shrugged her shoulders. "Well, you guys are dating so it shouldn't be a problem." When she looked back and forth between me and Liam, a evil smirk started appearing on her face. "Unless you guys aren't dating and just lied." What she said caught Joey and Keith's attention. There were now three pairs of eyes staring at us. I looked up at Liam to find him already staring down at me. I could tell from the look in his eyes that he was sorry. 'At least he tried helping me, right?' I gave him a slight smile showing him it was okay.

I looked back at the three pairs of eyes as they waited patiently for what was to come next. Then, I saw his smirk. Not Liam's. Joey's. That's when the two life changing decisions popped up in my head. It was either I kiss Liam and be done with this situation or suffer through a terrible senior year with it against me. 'Ugh! You know what? Fudge this!'

I quickly stood on my tiptoes and crashed my lips onto Liam's. I could tell Liam was shocked by my actions because he stood frozen in his spot, not doing anything for a few seconds. But later on, he gave in and started kissing me back. His lips tasted and even smelt like fresh mint. They were rough and chapped, but were soft at the same time. Liam's right hand began gently cradling the back of my head, while his other hand went around my waist. My hands were wrapped securely around the back of his neck. I ran my fingers through his silky smooth hair, making him look like he had bed hair.

We broke our kiss a few minutes later to gasp for air. As the even tI had just caused started to sink in, my cheeks started blushing. Hard. I probably looked like a beet red tomato right now. Glancing up, I found Liam giving me his signature smirk. I rolled my eyes and took my arms away from around his neck. 'An even more bigger ego to deflate later.'

I looked away from Liam to face the three pairs of eyes. I found Kate with a scowl on her face and Joey with a furious expression. Keith was just standing there with an 'I don't care' look. 'I just want to crawl in a hole and never come out.' Standing there was so uncomfortable, especially if you're the one who made the move on the person first.

Liam notice this and took hold of my wrist and started pushing his cart and my cart away from the three. When we reached the cashier check out place, Liam stopped and turned to me. He opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him off. "I'm so sorry! That crossed the line for being just friends."

Liam placed both of his hands on my shoulders. "It's okay!" He gave a small shrug of his shoulder. "It was just to get out of the situation, right?" I quickly nodded my head. Just when I thought he wasn't going to talk anymore, he spoke up. "Plus, it was a great kiss." He gave me a wink before turning away to move our two carts forward. A slight grin started appearing on my face. To take my mind off things, I took a glance at the stuff in Liam's cart. What I saw made me burst out laughing. Liam turned back to face me with a weird look. "What's so funny?"

I shook my head while trying to calm down. "Oh no. It's nothing." I gave a small wave of my hand and picked up the group of items that had caught my attention. "Just a seventeen year old guy buying My Little Pony notebooks and pencils." With that I broke out into a fit of laughter again. It's so funny because Liam looks all manly with his good looks but when you check the things he has in his cart, you would change your perspective of him.

"Hey! It's for Lily! Not for me. I'm a grown man. " Liam pushed out his chest trying to make himself look buff.

"Huh. Yeah. Keep telling yourself that. You might believe it." I patted his shoulder, playfully comforting him.

Liam stuck out his bottom lip, pouting. "I am a grown man."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Whatever you say." I glanced back at his cart to only land my eyes on the box of cereal. What I shouted next caused everyone around Liam and me to stare at us.

"CHEERIOS!"

'I'm guessing this day wasn't as bad as I thought.'

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks for reading chapter 19!

So how was it? Good? Bad? I tried making this chapter longer than all the others since this might be the last update before school starts. Also, I might not be able to update regularly during school. Sorry. Maybe once a week or every two weeks. I don't know. It all depends on when I have time and if I'm in the mood to. Although, over breaks I'll be able to update regularly for you lovely people! I'll try updating on the last day of summer break, but most likely will not. The notification updates at the end of the chapter won't be there anymore, except when I'm on break. Thanks for reading Prince Charming Lives NextDoor! (It sounds like this is the last chapter, but it is not!) There are more chapters to come! So stay tuned! :D

Oh! I almost forgot! What did you guys think of the kiss? Surprise!

Please vote, follow, comment, whatever!:)

Until next update, you SPECIAL people!

P.S. I would like to give shoutout thank you's for my very first seven voters! Check out their users! @crazykidkat @EpicCadet182 @Aleenuh @snowyred @Chirpy_Chelsea @Aphrodite270 and last but not least @Dancingteen8

On that note, bye! :D

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

996K 22.5K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
742K 2.7K 67
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
11.5M 298K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
1.1M 62.3K 40
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...