Love for the Streets {Not Edi...

By _jasthewriter

It's 'Killed or be Killed' and living in New Orleans, you start to live by the 'Survival of The Fittest' ment... More

1.) Where it all started.
2.) 'Yung'
3.) The Letter
4.) "Rose"
5.) College?
6.) Moving on out
7.) Close call.
8.) Getting things off my chest.
9.) Getting closer.
10.) Up close and Personal
11.) "Freak Hoe."
12.) Almost isn't close enough
13.) Ass whoopins & Lines Crossing
14.) Making it right.
15.) Confessions
16.) Getting shit straight
17.) Melly B.
18.) Back to finish the job
19.) Loyalty or Your life.
20.) Mama Kennedy
22.) Changes
23.) Silent Killer.
24.) Kickboxing & New Trips
25.) Clarifications
26.) Bump 'n Grind
27.) Bonnie & Cylde
28.) Your body.
29.)
30.) Surprises pt.1
31.) Surprises pt.2
32.) Business with the Enemy.
33.) Holidays & Heartache
34.) Merry Christmas, I guess.
35.) Bonding
36.) Remembering
37.) Preparations
38.) It all makes sense.
39.) The Tests
40.) It was you pt. 1
41.) It was you pt.2
42.) Let The Truth Shine
43.) Looking
44.) Coming Together
45.) Grand Opening & Secrets
46.)
47.) Looking back & Moving Forward
48.) Gifts & Guilt
49.) Conversing.
50.) Blessings & Briel
51.) Miracles
52.) Excitement
53.) Back from the Dead?
54.) Selfish
55.) It's War
56.) Next Level
57.) Ride it My Pony
58.) One Mistake
59.) Happy Birthday Melly B.
60.) Clingy & Silence
61.) Pain & Sorrow
62.) Jenna
63.)
64.) Missing You...
65.) Discussions
66.) "Sissy?"
67.) "Gabby."
68.) More Secrets
69.) Flashbacks pt.1
70.) Flashbacks pt.2
71.) Growing Love
72.) Peek into her past
73.) It's Brewing..
74.) Nothing but Love.
75.) The Gentleman
76.) Nola Nights
77.) Date #2
78.) "Buttons!"
79.) Ladies meet the Snake.
80.) The test of Love
81.) Can you see me?
82.) Solid as a rock.
83.) Deals & The Seals
84.) I can only be me.
85.) What are you afraid of?
86.) Love Wins
87.) Couples
88.) Guilt & Notices
89.) New Scenery & Advice
90.) Compromise
91.) Surprise
92.) Welcome to Jamrock
93.) Day 2
94.) "I love you."
95.)
96.) Day 5
97.) Leads and Momma
98.) Trick or Treat
99.) 'Yes'
100.) Bonding time
101.)
102.) Second to Last
103.) Farewell?

21.) Wanting a change

11K 407 91
By _jasthewriter

OMNISCIENT

"Please don't! Plea—." Boom. Boom. Boom

Jumping out of her sleep for the third night in a row, Skylar sat up placing her feet on the floor and ran her hands down her face exhaustedly as her body dripped with sweat.

She's been out of the hospital for three days and lately, it's been feeling like her nightmares just kept getting worse.

Sighing she looked over at August seeing he was out for the night.

She refused to wake him, it's all she's been doing for the last few days and she could see how exhausted he was starting to look.

Burying her face in her hands she closed her eyes trying to clear her mind.

"Stupid bitch!"

Jumping at the flashback she stood up slowly and quietly left out the room.

Wiping her eyes, she slowly walked the dark hall ignoring the pain she felt throughout her body.

Sitting on the steps slowly, she scooted down each one carefully since she felt pain every time she tried to take a step.

Once she reached the last step she used the wall to stand and slowly limped into the living room and made her way into the kitchen.

Opening the fridge she grabbed her cup of water and leaned against the counter and drunk it.

"All you have to do is tell us who he is."

"I don't know."

"What's his name?" "I do— no! Stop! Please!"

The sounds of the hits startled her and she dropped her glass causing it to shatter as it hit the tile.

"What are you doing?" August asked cutting the light on and rubbed his eye half awake but she was seeing the guy's face and backed up slowly.

"Stay away from me." She said backing up and August frowned. "Huh? Skylar, it's me." He said taking a step and she screamed trying to move quicker but ended up tripping over the water and before she could fall back he caught up.

"Sky it's me." He said shaking her when she shielded her face with shaky hands.

"It's me ma." He spoke in a softer tone and she slowly lowered her hands and stared at him and her eyes grew glossy and her bottom lip began to tremble.

Pulling her into him he sat down on the kitchen floor and held her as she cried.

He knew her nightmares were bad but he didn't know they've gotten this bad.

He wished there was a way he could take away her pain.

AUGUST
The next day

"I don't like seeing her like dis," Nell said as we stood in the doorway staring at Skylar. She was sitting on the window pane just staring out.

"I don't know what ta do... I wanna go out and off every nigga in sight but I know dats not what she would want." I told him leaning against the wall.

"Just be here for her, she lost her parents, got shot at with us then was kidnapped and beat on and tossed around like she was a rag doll or some shit. Dats a lot of shit she has to digest." He explained.

"What do you think Mel would want you to do?" He asked and I stared at her for a while. "Protect her," I answered.

"I think you know how." He said patting my back and I sighed. "It's not furnished tho," I told him.

"So? You got a bed and tv in dea don't you? Let her be da one to do da decorating. But Y'all needa get away for a while." He said.

"Come wit us... I don't want her away from Y'all," I said. "Y'all need dis time alone bruh, she doesn't need us but she needs you." He clarified and I thought about it.

"I'll think about it," I mumbled. "What are you scared of? Why don't you wanna be alone with her?" He asked.

"I'm not scared," I replied. "I think you are Aug, I can hold shit down while you and she take some time for y'all selves and plus Atlanta ain't nothing but five to six hours away from hea. If you want to drive back some night den do dat, but y'all need to get gone for a while." He said and I nodded.

"I'll talk to her about it," I replied about to walk away but he stopped me. "Go ask her now, I'll be downstairs." He said nudging me some and I sighed but went ahead and walked into the room.

He closed the door and I walked over to where Skylar was at and grabbed the chair and sat down in front of her.

"Can we talk shortie?" I asked placing my hand on her leg and she looked over at me and nodded slowly.

"Remember when we were talking about my safe house?" I asked and she nodded. "How would you feel if I wanted us to hang out there for a while?" I asked.

"I thought you didn't have any furniture?" She asked scrunching her face up and I chuckled.

"I got things I need like a bed, tv, food and hygiene shit," I told her and she smiled softly.

"What about work?" She asked and I shrugged. "I won't be missing no money," I assured. "Ok." She mumbled and I stood up and picked her up.

"Are you down?" I asked and she nodded. "I'm down." She replied softly and I chuckled sitting on the bed.

"I have to pick up dis shipment wit Nell are you okay if I leave for a few?" I asked. "How long will you be gone?" She asked staring at me.

"Once we make sure everything is there and we divide da products amongst da Traps, we'll be back," I told her and she nodded.

I reached over her and grabbed her medication and the glass of water and handed it to her.

"Tryna put me to sleep?" She asked smirking and I laughed. "Not like dat ma, it's time again," I said nodding towards the clock.

"I hate these things." She mumbled before popping the pill in her mouth then washed it down with the water.

"It helps... I might gotta get you to invest in some weed, but I don't know how you would react to dat." I said putting the stuff back.

"Maybe we can try for my birthday?" She suggested. "Maybe, you want me to turn you into a luh badass so bad." I joked and she giggled laying down.

"I do not." She defended and I laughed laying down with her. "I love you August." She said before yawning.

"I love you shortie," I replied placing a kiss on her forehead then rested my face in her neck.

"Be careful out there." She mumbled. "I will."

*
*

TRINA
later that day

"Hey boo!" I spoke placing my purse down and closed and locked the door.

"Hey...how was work?" She asked. "Long as shit... I didn't have time to check in wit da ladies." I stressed plopping down next to her and she sat up slowly then winced.

"Careful." I worried helping her. "Can you help me?" She asked lifting her shirt some. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"Bandages too tight... it hurts." She said. "It's supposed to be sis, your ribs are broken." I reminded and she sighed.

"It hurts tho." She mumbled, August was gonna kick my ass for this.

"Ok." I said scooting closer towards her and lifted her shirt, she held it up and leaned forward some while I unraveled her bandage.

"Ow." She mumbled. "Sorry." I apologized going slower. "Can I ask you something?" She asked and I nodded.

"Would you have told if you were in my position?" She asked then winced when I pulled a little tight.

"No, I couldn't bring myself to do it." I replied and she nodded slowly. "Do you think I should've?" She asked.

"No, I think they still would have killed you, scratch dat, they was gonna kill you. You see dis street life is all about loyalty and respect. And if you could turn on your team after a little pressure dat tells da enemy dat you aren't worthy to live. So by you holding your ground, you gave dem a little reason to not kill you." I explained finishing up and she released her shirt.

"They said they were gonna take me to their boss or something." She informed and I rose my brow.

"Did they say a name?" I asked. "I'm not sure... they probably did tho." She said elevating her leg on the pillow.

"If you remember you gotta let us know ok?" I asked and she nodded.

"How many men were there when you guys got there?" She asked sticking a ruler inside her cast and started scratching her arm.

"Seven at da most." I answered and she nodded. "I really gotta learn some karate or something." She said shaking her head and I started laughing.

"What you wanna learn Karate for?" I asked and she shrugged. "I could be prepared just in case." She replied.

"Just ask Nell to teach you how to street fight." I suggested. "I'll think about it." She said picking up her phone and I got up to go shower.

I guess I should order out tonight, I was too tired to cook.

Once I finished showering and doing a little picking up, Skylar and I cuddled up on the sofa waiting on the Pizza to get here.

We were watching Boyz in the Hood.

"Do you have family?" She asked staring at the tv. "My mom disowned me and my dad died of a drug overdose." I answered.

"Awe man... damn what happened with your mom?" She asked. "My ex had money, so she figured dat would be our meal ticket out of here. She wanted me to stay with him even tho he cheated and verbally abused me. All she saw was dolla signs." I explained then shook my head.

"So when you broke up with him she stopped talking to you?" She asked and I nodded.

"She cursed me out, told me I was her biggest disappointment, dat she wished she would've got da abortion, told me I wasn't woman enough to be with a man like him. Man she went in." I told her then laughed.

I could laugh now cuz I got over her ass.

"That's sad." She said. "Tell me about it." I said and she shook her head. "He moved up to Virginia and ended up getting some girl pregnant." I added and she shook her head.

"How long have you known Nell?" She asked. "For about five years now, I was always crazy about him but he wasn't ready to settle which caused to me to run into my ex. I got tired of Nell games so I stopped communicating with him for a while. He tried to come back after I broke things off with my ex, but I wasn't hearing none of dat." I told her.

"So he had to work to get you?" She asked and I nodded. "I guess he felt you coming into our lives would be a perfect opportunity, as much as I tried to fight it I couldn't. I love his stubborn behind, man so damn aggressive but fine at da same time. Just what I need." I expressed and she laughed.

"I'm glad things are working out for you two." She said and I smiled. "Me too." I replied.

*
*

AUGUST
3 that morning

"I thought you were asleep?" I said looking at Skylar as I tightened my towel around my waist.

"I woke up." She said staring at me blankly and I leaned against the dresser and folded my arms looking at her.

"You had anotha nightmare?" I asked and she nodded sitting up. "What was dis one about?" I asked dropping my towel and she shrieked covering her face.

Her ass was too damn innocent.

"Why you scared to look at my dick?" I asked putting my boxers on. "Because... that's nasty." She mumbled still covering her eyes and I laughed.

"I saw you naked and ate you out what's da difference?" I asked putting my sweats on then walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"You only seen me naked once." She defended limping into the bathroom. "And I enjoyed every view." I replied looking at her through the mirror as I started brushing my teeth and she laughed shaking her head.

"So..." I trailed. "What?" She asked. "Da house will be ready in two days." I announced before rinsing my mouth out.

"I thought it already was ready?" She asked and I shook my head before I gargled the mouthwash.

"I'm confused." She said and I laughed wiping my mouth. "I wanted us ta be somewhere a luh more secluded and away from others." I said cutting the light off then picked her up and she giggled.

"Nell spoke to an old realtor friend and had her do researching for us. She found us a home in da Suburbs of Georgia. It's near Atlanta tho and da spots out dea pretty dope." I told her as I walked towards her bed and placed her down then climbed in behind her.

"I gave her a grocery list of things you eat. It'll have a bed for us and tv. Everything else is for you to do. So you can do shopping online or talk with my interior designer, but da home is ours ma and it's basically off da radar." I explained and turned over and smiled.

"I get to pick out anything?" She asked grinning and I laughed nodding. "Anything you want, I won't say anything unless you ask." I assured.

"Our home?" She questioned and I nodded. "Five bedrooms, four baths, a pool, it's away from otha houses. We have a laundry room, two sections of da kitchen and large living room and dining room. Da home is dope shortie." I told her.

"Two days right?" She asked and I nodded smiling. "Two days then we get ta head out." I answered and she smiled laying her head on my chest.

"Two days." She repeated. "Dats right." I said rubbing her back and she looked up at me and puckered her lips.

Chuckling, I leaned down and kissed her.

"Get some sleep." I said patting her butt. "Goodnight Aug." She spoke softly. "Goodnight ma."

*
*
*

👀👀👀👀👀👀

Uh oh, thoughts?

Y'all gonna be up late tonight?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 340 44
I walked up the raggedy steps of Crenshaw projects. Avoiding stepping on needles , crack pipes and fisher price toys. I went on back into my room st...
17.5K 753 56
At 17, Candyce's small worldview is maginifed when her big brother, Ace, invites her into his world as punishment. Ace may have been an overbearing b...
18.2K 1.3K 24
"Where the hustle brings the dollar." In a city full of money, sex, and drugs..you will get swallowed whole. In Amir Brooks and Asshir Robinson's per...