Love for the Streets {Not Edi...

By _jasthewriter

It's 'Killed or be Killed' and living in New Orleans, you start to live by the 'Survival of The Fittest' ment... More

2.) 'Yung'
3.) The Letter
4.) "Rose"
5.) College?
6.) Moving on out
7.) Close call.
8.) Getting things off my chest.
9.) Getting closer.
10.) Up close and Personal
11.) "Freak Hoe."
12.) Almost isn't close enough
13.) Ass whoopins & Lines Crossing
14.) Making it right.
15.) Confessions
16.) Getting shit straight
17.) Melly B.
18.) Back to finish the job
19.) Loyalty or Your life.
20.) Mama Kennedy
21.) Wanting a change
22.) Changes
23.) Silent Killer.
24.) Kickboxing & New Trips
25.) Clarifications
26.) Bump 'n Grind
27.) Bonnie & Cylde
28.) Your body.
29.)
30.) Surprises pt.1
31.) Surprises pt.2
32.) Business with the Enemy.
33.) Holidays & Heartache
34.) Merry Christmas, I guess.
35.) Bonding
36.) Remembering
37.) Preparations
38.) It all makes sense.
39.) The Tests
40.) It was you pt. 1
41.) It was you pt.2
42.) Let The Truth Shine
43.) Looking
44.) Coming Together
45.) Grand Opening & Secrets
46.)
47.) Looking back & Moving Forward
48.) Gifts & Guilt
49.) Conversing.
50.) Blessings & Briel
51.) Miracles
52.) Excitement
53.) Back from the Dead?
54.) Selfish
55.) It's War
56.) Next Level
57.) Ride it My Pony
58.) One Mistake
59.) Happy Birthday Melly B.
60.) Clingy & Silence
61.) Pain & Sorrow
62.) Jenna
63.)
64.) Missing You...
65.) Discussions
66.) "Sissy?"
67.) "Gabby."
68.) More Secrets
69.) Flashbacks pt.1
70.) Flashbacks pt.2
71.) Growing Love
72.) Peek into her past
73.) It's Brewing..
74.) Nothing but Love.
75.) The Gentleman
76.) Nola Nights
77.) Date #2
78.) "Buttons!"
79.) Ladies meet the Snake.
80.) The test of Love
81.) Can you see me?
82.) Solid as a rock.
83.) Deals & The Seals
84.) I can only be me.
85.) What are you afraid of?
86.) Love Wins
87.) Couples
88.) Guilt & Notices
89.) New Scenery & Advice
90.) Compromise
91.) Surprise
92.) Welcome to Jamrock
93.) Day 2
94.) "I love you."
95.)
96.) Day 5
97.) Leads and Momma
98.) Trick or Treat
99.) 'Yes'
100.) Bonding time
101.)
102.) Second to Last
103.) Farewell?

1.) Where it all started.

28.7K 653 342
By _jasthewriter

Copyright © _jasthewriter aka xjasrenae 2018 This is a work of fiction, the events/situations, that take place are fictional and came straight from my thoughts. I do not own the rights to any of the music or photos that I use, they are not mine but are available on public platforms. The photos are included to give readers a better idea of the character(s) Any illegal reproduction of this content will result in immediate legal action. You may not copy or use my work and claim it as your own in any way.

~~~

AUGUST
Feb. 10th, 2012

My momma told me while I run these streets she can't sleep.

Her phone ring late at night, she think some'n happened to me.

Her nerves so bad right now she can't even watch TV.

She turn her head every time she see a police. She scared to look 'cause it might be me in the back seat.

Whenever she hear about a shootin' her heart skip a beat.

She heard the Feds was in the town, her knees got weak. She know I'm at the house, the only time she at peace.

Her blood pressure through the roof all because of me.
Her favorite words is 'Dope ain't the only way to eat'.

She told me other day she hope I don't die in these streets.
I just pray to God she don't wipe her hands with me.

I'm a goon to the streets but to my momma I'm still her baby
Raised a street nigga by yourself, you a hell of a lady.

Shit I'm doin' now got nothin' to do with how you raised me.
Shit killin' me to know I'm runnin my momma crazy..

Letting Plies Running My Momma Crazy play on my phone, I thought on how bad my life turned out.

Shit wasn't supposed to be this way, I lost my brother to these streets and here I was still outchea doing what took his life.

My momma got fed up with my late night pop ins and I didn't blame her. I used to leave some money in her sock drawer and she always had my ass about it.

"Devils money" is what she called, if it wasn't by the books she wanted no parts. She did when Mel used to buy her nice shit for her birthday and Christmas tho.

After losing Mel, it wasn't shit else I cared about. I got in too deep and she couldn't keep up with me anymore so she left.

I couldn't fault her for that, she had enough problems to deal with. Told me she lost one son and wasn't tryna lose two, so I had to make a choice.

Get right or get out.

I couldn't just go out bad like that, especially not for Mel. The cops ain't did shit so it was up to me.

So I went with option 3, get kicked out, but that shit backfired cuz she picked up and moved. It's been almost two years since we lost Mel and still haven't found the nigga that put him down.

Travis and our other brother left and ain't look back, honestly I don't blame them, I miss my dawg tho. At least out of Mel and I he was the one with his head on right.

It just seemed like the street life was made for Mel and I, like this the shit we were supposed to do.

"Yo ass must be in'a mood again." Donell said coming out front and stood next to me. "Neva dat." I replied lighting my blunt.

Nell was Mel's right hand man, I wanted to blame him for Mel's death, but it wasn't his fault.

Mel was just taking a regular run to the corner store tryna get some snacks and a few Rollies when some niggas that he had beef with let that shit loose without warning.

He always kept his piece on him, but for some reason that day he didn't..

"When da last time you spoke wit yo mom?" He asked taking the blunt and puffed on it. "Couple weeks." I answered taking the blunt back.

"She still yo moms Yung." He reminded. 'Yung' or 'Yungin' is what they called me, credits to Mel

Shrugging I took a long drag and held the smoke for a moment before inhaling then blowing it out my nose. "Things I'm aware of, we jus want justice served two different ways. My way is better." I told him nonchalantly and he just remained quiet.

"How long you hangin' round hea?" He asked deciding to change the subject. I handed him the blunt back and scratched the side of my face.

"Not long, I got otha' shit ta do, I'a hit ya when I can." I answered adjusting my shades as Asia pulled up.

"Let me guess you finna go get in wit dat?" He asked. "Nah, I had her last night." I said hitting his arm then picked up my phone and stopped the music.

"Learn ta share nigga." He said then laughed. "I never called dibs, shorty free. But it's obvious she got a type." I told him as I patted my pockets for my keys.

"Yeah, young niggas." He added and we both laughed. She was nothing but 3 years older than I was, but word on the street was she only messed with ballers and young niggas with money.

"I thought yo ass said you was hanging out?" He asked staring at me funny. "I did." I said jogging down the steps and nodded at Asia.

Shorty was bad as hell, it didn't help the fact that she was a stripper.

Was hard to tell if her ass was real or not, but that shit bounced back like it was.

"Running out so soon?" She asked dropping her lipgloss into her bag. "Money is da motive." I answered before walking towards my black Audi.

"Don't forget ta hit my line!" Nell yelled and I sent a nod in his direction before climbing into the driver seat.

The money never stops and neither do I.

*
*

SKYLAR
Later that day

"Can't believe my only daughter will be graduating in the next few months." Dad said as he put his suitcase on the table and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"If only you would have let me drop out." I half joked and my mom laughed. "Now why would we let you do that?" He asked washing his hands.

"You would've made me the happiest person in the world." I replied and he chuckled that deep laugh of his displaying both dimples.

"You hear that Billie?" He asked looking at my mom and she smiled nodding as she poured some shredded cheese over the Mac.

I always thought Billie was a guys name, but the way my grandma spelled it, in her book it made it 'Unique'

Plus my mom was beautiful as ever, pretty cocoa complexion that glowed so sweetly in the sun.

We're originally from Harlem, New York, but my dad moved us down here a year ago for better business opportunities.

We never asked questions, just went with the flow.

"Mind your business" was my moms favorite quote and it's exactly what I always did, 'Mind my business.' Of course I ear hustled here and there, but overall I did stay out of grown folk business.

My dad was a business man second but a family man first and that's why I loved him so much.

He worked at a law firm but also had a night job on the side. He told us it was for an old friend that he met about three years ago, never said a name and we never asked.

But if you grew up in Harlem, I'm sure we all knew what a 'night job' was.

"What's so bad about school now?" She asked and I shrugged looking over my chemistry notes.

"I just didn't really have time to make friends, that's all." I replied. "You don't need friends, you got us." He said sitting across from me and pulled my binder over his way.

He swear he was better at everything and I always let him believe it.

"I still need friends, y'all don't wanna go to the movies or parties with me." I said and he scrunched his face up.

"You don't needa go to no parties, who you tryna booty pop on?" He asked and I gasped. "Dad!" I said and my mom busted out laughing.

"I ain't old, I know what folks yo age do at those parties. It's no place for you." He said getting serious and I decided to just let him have that.

"Maybe she's tired of hanging in the house every day." Mom defended and I nodded. "Being inside da house is safer than be outside." He spoke in a leave it at that tone.

"I hear this all the time." I said standing up to go get my calculator. "I'm gonna keep saying it too until you get da thought of partying out yo head!" He yelled from the dining room and I just waved my hand as I headed towards my room.

"You're gonna run her away one day." I heard my mom tell him. "No I won't, she loves me and knows I'm just being an overly protective father." He responded, that he was.

"But for what? You gotta let her in some day Simon." She said sounding serious and that made me wonder what she meant.

"I wi—." Before he could finish I heard the door  being kicked in and then my mom scream.

Rushing into my closet, I hid in the secret compartment my dad put in and covered my ears as I heard muffled yelling and things breaking.

This could not be happening right now.

Hearing my dad yell then more things breaking, I squeezed my eyes shut and started praying hoping they didn't come searching for me next.

Hearing my bedroom door slam, I held my breath praying that they didn't find me.

"Skylar it's dad, I'm sorry sweetheart. There's a note in my safe, he can help you from there. I never meant for this to happen, Sky I love you." He whispered. Hearing the tone in his voice made my heart break even more.

I went to say something until the door was kicked in.

"Where's that daughter of yours nigga!?" The deep voice asked. "This got nothing to do wit her!" He replied.

"Where is she?!" The male asked again. "She's at da library, please do-." BANG! BANG! BANG!

Jumping at the sound of the shots, I prayed he didn't hear me. Just like that, I lost both my parents.

"Check all da rooms! I know da little bitch in here somewhere!" He demanded before I heard him terrorizing my room and I kept my hands over my mouth as I tried to quiet my cries.

It lasted for about thirty minutes before I heard them just breaking things until I guess they got whatever they were looking for and left.

I waited an extra thirty minutes before I slowly crawled out the area and almost lost it when I saw my dad laying right in front of the closet in his own pool of blood with his eyes open.

"Oh God!" I cried hovering my shaking hand under his nostrils to see if he was breathing but he wasn't.

"You can't do this to me daddy." I cried laying my head on his chest and just sobbed.

This wasn't life, this wasn't how things were supposed to turn out. They were supposed to see me off to college, be there at my wedding and there when I had kids.

None of this was right or making sense.

Hearing his words echo throughout my head I got up on weak legs and searched for my bag and stuffed any and everything in it then rushed towards the hallway and opened the closet door.

Moving the hair bin and hair sprays out the way I typed in his code as quick as I could. Hearing it click, I looked behind me then opened it up seeing the cash and the note.

Stuffing the cash in my bag I grabbed the note and looked over the name.

Seeing the address I ran back into my room and carefully stepped over my dad and picked my broken phone up from off the floor.

Was I supposed to report this?

Someone had to have done it already right?

Grabbing my coat I put that on and ran out tripping over my moms body.

"Sky?" She called grabbing my leg causing my heart to drop. Rushing over towards her, I grabbed her head and laid it in my lap and went to call for help but she grabbed my arm and shook her head as a tear rolled down her face.

"Mommy please don't leave me, I don't know what to do." I cried. "Don't... go to..s-school." She struggled to get out and I nodded quickly as I tried to blink away the tears.

"You need help mama, I can get help." I told her but she declined. "Run Sky! You need..." Coughing I lifted her head some afraid of her choking on her own blood.

"You have to get to dat location.. I love you Sky... make it right for us." Was the last thing she said before she took her last breath and I stared at her as the tears kept coming.

"Mama?" I called shaking her. "Mama?" I called again just hoping she would come back, but she didn't.

"Ok... ok.. I can do this..." I mumbled standing slowly looking her over one last time, I looked towards my dads body and closed my eyes briefly.

"Make it right... I can do this." I told myself over and over as I went out the back door and hopped the fence running as far as my weak legs would let me.

I had no one to look after me anymore. Make what right? What was I supposed to do?

*
*
*

👀👀👀👀👀
Thoughts?
What y'all think? Y'all like?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 9.7K 67
How did we get like this, I thought I gave him my all and it all came crashing down on me. I lost everything and I can't do anything about it, I'm al...
805K 19.4K 76
Kyla is a 17 year old girl who live in the hood , who is always fighting and who don't takes nobody shit. Not even her mama. When she gets into a fig...
650K 20K 54
22 year old August Alsina, was the youngest King Pin in New Orleans. He had it made, the cars, the clothes, fancy house, cars, girls, you name it! Bu...
95.7K 4.9K 69
9 years after the wedding, things weren't so bad for the Stone family, but it also wasn't peaches and rainbows either. A lot has changed over the yea...