The Possessive Billionaire ✔

By pearl_love_27

[UNDER EDITING] Meet Ashley Hayes, the 24-year-old girl who was frowned upon by everyone because she was an o... More

Mini Disclaimer
Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Rain {}
Chapter 2 - The Gala {}
Chapter 3 - Everything Went Black{}
Chapter 4 - The Hospital {}
Chapter 5 - They Have Arrived{}
Chapter 7 - Best Friend's Mistake{}
Chapter 8 - Miss Stanford {}
Chapter 9 - Meet The Parents {}
Chapter 10 - Phone Checks & Trust Issues {}
Chapter 11 - Smells Like Love{}
Chapter 12 - The Gold, Black And White Gala {}
Chapter 13 - Passed Out {}
Chapter 14 - Peonies, Italian Food & Abundant Apologies {}
Chapter 15 - Storytelling Time{}
Chapter 16 - Brayden Kruger {}
Chapter 17 - Balls & Brazil {}
Chapter 18 - The Snowflake Ball {}
Chapter 19 - King Of Broken Hearts{}
Chapter 20 - The Talk{}
Chapter 21 - Running Away {}
Chapter 22 - Job Hunting {}
Chapter 23 - My BFF & I {}
Chapter 24 - A Broken Heart & A Tired Soul {}
Chapter 25 - Drinking & Driving{}
Chapter 26 - Carnival Time {}
Chapter 27 - Weddings & Engagements {}
Chapter 28 - The Endorsement Deal {}
Chapter 29 - The Fall Of A Drama Queen {}
Chapter 30 - The Court Case {}
Chapter 31 - Here Goes Nothing{}
Chapter 32 - Conferences & Theme Parks{}
Chapter 33 - Acceptance {}
Chapter 34 - The Engagement Party{}
Chapter 35 - The Spilt Drink{}
Chapter 36 - The Last Straw {}
Chapter 37 - The Visit {}
Chapter 38 - Insult Wars {}
Chapter 39 - Hunter & Claire {}
Chapter 40 - This Is It {}
Chapter 41 - Jumbled Thoughts {}
Chapter 42 - Informing The Hawthornes {}
Chapter 43 - Bride & Groom {}
Chapter 44 - The Flu {}
Chapter 45 - Jitters {}
Chapter 46 - The Preparation {}
Chapter 47 - The Binding Vows {}
Chapter 48 - The Flight
Chapter 49 - Trouble In Paradise
Chapter 50 - Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Epilogue
Thank You
The Billionaires Entanglement

Chapter 6 - Work For Me{}

17.1K 577 25
By pearl_love_27

Chapter 6 - Work For Me

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Ashley please stop being so difficult, the guy harassed you, yet you want to go back and work there? Just be my personal assistant I need one anyway!" Brandon insisted as he looked at me his eyes pleading.

Today I called in and took the day off at both the restaurant and the orphanage. I couldn't go back to anywhere where David would be.

"I can't do that," I muttered.

"Why not!" He said groaning in frustration and running a hand through his dark hair.

"What will people think, Brandon? Huh? I don't want them to think I'm using you or make up rubbish about me because I won't be able to handle it! I know I won't be able to." I said and looked away.

Then suddenly he grabbed me and pushed me against the wall before pushing my hands up to reveal my hidden wrists. He saw them and gasped his eyes widening with horror.

"Ashley, do you cut yourself?" He asked looking me in the eyes.

"Answer me." He said when I refused to and quickly looked away.

"Ashley, I'm asking you a question damn it!"

"I know you are I just don't want to answer," I said.

"Why not?"

"I don't want you to think that I am weak," I said quietly.

"Ashley, you are the strongest girl I know. I will never think of you that way. You are beautiful, sweet, and kind. I would never hurt you. Never. Ever. I would rather die than hurt someone like you. You are of a rare kind," I blushed.

"Thank you," I said.

"I would never hurt you. I just want to be your stone to fall on Ash, is that too hard for you to accept?" He asked me.

I shook my head, "No,"

"So work for me?" He asked and she nodded.

"Fine," I consented and he smiled his typical one thousand-watt smile. It was highly infectious.

"Thank you," He whispered gently and kissed my cheek.

***

"Welcome to your first day here at Hawthorne Tech!" A brunette-haired girl said.

She was quite tall with blue eyes and brown hair that fell down in loose curls to the small of her black. She was dressed up all professionally. I smiled at her and tucked a strand of my dark hair behind my ear.

"I am Melissa," She said sticking her hand out to me. I smiled at her.

"Hello, I am Ashley," I greeted.

"Great, I will show you to your office I hear you are Mr. Hawthorne's new personal assistant, might I add you are the first one he has ever had in like seven years!" Melissa gushed and I smiled.

"Wow, you must be one hell of a lucky girl. You know Mr. Hawthorne is one mean man! He is rather harsh with his assistant and I really hope you last, you seem very nice, Ashley!"  

"Aw, thank you Melissa and you seem nice too," I responded and she nodded her head.

"Sure, so here is your little office, the staff room is that way, Mr. Hawthorne's office is that way and tea break is at ten and lunch break at twelve. Good luck on your first day!" Melissa said before she scurried off to obviously to get to her work station, or so I thought.

I walked into my office and placed my handbag in the little cabinet and headed to his office.

"Good morning, Mr. Hawthorne!" I cheerfully greeted a frustrated-looking Brandon, I meant Mr. Hawthorne.

"Morning Ashley, and please don't call me Mr. Hawthorne it makes me feel old. My name is Brandon you know!" He said cocking his head to the side.

"Oh, well okay then, morning Brandon!" I greeted and he smiled.

"Morning Ashley, I see you are here early?" He asked.

"Oh, I thought work started at seven?"

"No, for my personal assistant it starts at eight-thirty." He said.

"Oh," I muttered.

"Did Melissa tour you around yet?" He asked looking up from his computer.

"Yes, she did," I nodded.

"Good so you have met my little sister." He said with a grin.

"Melissa? She is your sister?" I asked my mouth wide open, and I looked at him as if he had grown multiple heads.

He smiled, "Yes, that my dear is Melissa Hawthorne, one very enthusiastic girl." He said looking at the door I had just come through "Ashley take a seat you are making me very uncomfortable standing there," He gestured to the small couch and I took a seat gracefully. As gracefully as I possibly could.

"Wow, she is very kind and has a nice bubbly personality!" I said with a grin.

The door suddenly burst open and in walked Melissa again with a huge grin on her face.

"Guess who texted Dina!" She said walking towards his desk not noticing my presence, "Alessandro, he asked me out!"

She squealed, Ouch! that hurt my ears, and let me tell you I am used to squealing, Melanie does it all the time. Back in the day when I used to date Darren he used to send me tons of roses only to realize that he was softening me up to get into my pants. 

The only problem was that I actually fell in love with him. I loved him with all my heart but it was one-sided love only, back to my point, Melanie, used to squeal like a high school girl causing me to cover my ears before she burned a hole in my poor eardrum.

"Oh, hello Ashley!" Melissa said finally realizing my presence. I gave her a small smile.

"Hi," I replied.

"Do you and Mr. Hawthorne know each other previously? Now that I think about it you look rather familiar!" Melissa said.

"Uh yeah, we are friends and have met previously," I admitted sheepishly.

"I wanted her to work here, she was assaulted by her previous boss and Lissa stop calling me Mr. Hawthorne she knows you are my sister," Brandon said huffing.

"Oh! We are going to be such good friends! After work, I'm taking you out to meet other friends of mine!" Melissa said.

"Sure, could I bring along another friend?" I asked her.

"Yes! What is her name?"

"Melanie Lanser."

"I know her! She works in the designing section here!"

"Yes, that is the one," I said with a smile.

"See Brandina I told you my memory was way better than yours!"

"Lissa! I have to run a whole company! You just show people around and you have a photographic memory! It doesn't count!" He said and they carried on bickering while I left the office with a small smile. It was moments like these that warmed my heart.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

The sixth chapter is out!

Do we like Melissa? (Lissa) and how do you think Ashley's first day went?

Ash: great! Melissa was a good friend

Mel: Ash! I'm still super mad at you, you work here yet you didn't even tell me!

Ash: ahh sorry?

Mel: you aren't forgiven, Hayes!

Lissa: hey I saw that author! Who could not like me I am super awesome you know *flicks hair*

Right, if you liked this chapter please comment and vote!

Next up we are going to see Brandina ;) as the C.E.O ! Yay! See you next update!

Xoxo 

Perla

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

446 45 12
"Most of the time we fall in love with those we can't have in our lives. You can't force someone to love you. If you really love that person, you'll...
9.4M 452K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
5.6K 184 5
Brandon doesn't have a care in the world. Luck has followed him and his twin brother, Connor, their whole lives-even landing them in the billionaire...
739K 16.9K 81
With both of his hands to either side of me, he leaned closer, less than an inch away from my ear. I felt him take a breath and the hairs on the back...