Another World

By sesshomaru_itachi

This is a sequel to A Demon's Curse. Jade, your average american teen who happens to be Sota Higurashi's gra... More

Chapter One: Secrets of the Shrine
Chapter Three: Let the Training Begin
Chapter Four: Trail of Blood
Chapter Five: Fight of Wills
Chapter Six: Baring New Marks
Chapter Seven: Enter Hychi the Fox Demon
Chapter Eight: The Double Crescent Moon
Chapter Nine: Fears From the Past
Chapter Ten: A New Member
Chapter Eleven: Staff of Hate
Chapter Twelve: New Information
Chapter Thirteen: Fight! Lady Mother vs. Nayumi!
Chapter Fourteen: Mount Wassami
Chapter Fifteen: Dead....ALIVE!!...dead again...
Chapter Sixteen: Sakura's True Intentions
Chapter Seventeen: Homebound
Chapter Eighteen: Tempting Offer
Chapter Nineteen: Borrowed Strength
Chapter Twenty: The Battle Comes to an End
Chapter Twenty-One: A Deal With The Devil
Chapter Twenty-Two: A Separated Soul
Chapter Twenty-Three: Home Sweet Home
Chapter Twenty-Four: One Step Closer
Chapter Twenty-Five: Jade's First Kiss
Chapter Twenty-Six: Suspicion Arises
Chapter Twenty-Seven: One Piece Down
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Snow Storm Diversion
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Akio's Sword
Chapter 30: Fallen Palace
Chapter 31: The Last Piece
Chapter 32: Traitor
Chapter 33: Final Battle
Chapter 34: The End

Chapter Two: Giving Into Fate

2K 90 7
By sesshomaru_itachi

        "Granpa Sota!" Jade said in a cheerful voice as she ran to hug him.

"Jade, how have you been?" he asked with a smile.

"I've been fine." she replied; as they got closer to Japan her back had started to hurt less.

"I'm glad to hear that." he replied.

"Hello father." her mother said.

"Kimyko!" he said with a big smile.

"It's been a long flight. Can we go home?" Jade asked.

"Of course, sweetheart." Sota replied.

        When they approached the house, a bright light exploded out of the shrine.

        Sesshomaru fell asleep sitting against the well, but was woken up by a blinding light. He jumped up and looked at it as best he could. He realized that Katana wasn't there anymore.

"At last! She's finally been reborn!" a demon hissed from behind Sesshomaru.

"Vermon like you have no business here." Sesshomaru growled.

"The blood of that girl has drawn us here. Nayumi will die." another one hissed. The whole forest lit up with red eyes. Demons had the well surrounded.

Let's test her. The thought came to Sesshomaru. He knew he wouldn't let anything happen to her, but he wanted to see how much power she had.

        "It's time for you to return, Nayumim." a female voice came form the well. 

"Who's Nayumi?" Jade asked. 

"You are." Jade jumped back when a sword shot from the well. 

"My names Jade!" Jade yelled; planting herself. 

"Your soul is Nayumi." the sword said. 

"A talking sword? How hard did I fall when I passed out earlier?" Jade asked her mom. 

"You must return. You job was not finsihed." the sword said. 

"Do you at least have a name?" Jade asked the sword; she felt really stupid afterwards. 

"Katana." the sword replied. 

"Do I really have to go with this sword, grandpa?" Jade asked. 

"I'm afraid so." he said; a sad looking crossing his face. 

"No." Jade said; crossing her arms. 

"You must return." the sword repeated. 

"Look, I don't know how things work over in that world, but I'm not going to be bossed around by some sword." Jade scuffed. 

"You leave me no choice then." the sword sighed. 

"Wha-" she started to asked, but she was being pulled into the well. 

        Jade was wearing a sweat shirt, leggings, and snow boots, but the cold of the well still managed to get through. She didn't understand what was happeneing, but she was bracing herself for the worse. Grandpa Sota told her that Kagome fought demons on this side, and she didn't know if she would have to do that same.

"Those dreams you had were of your death." the sword told her; she hadn't realized she was holding it.

        "You must climb out of the well now." Katana said when the light around her disappeared.

"I'm not going to listen to some sword!" Jade yelled.

"If you want to survive then you will." the sword snapped, "Now climb."

Jade finally gave in and started climbing. When she managed to pull herself out of the well, a horrible feeling landed in the pit of her stomach.

"Those are demons you're feeling." Katana explained.

"What? Can you read my mind?" Jade asked.

"We're connected, Nayumi, always have been and always will be." the sword replied, but Jade didn't get a chance to argue. A giant snake struck out from the trees.

        "Watch it you oversized snake!" Jade yelled; jumping out of it's way.

"You're still fast. What a shame." the snake hissed; striking at her again. 

"Back off!" Jade yelled; punching it in the face, and causing it to fall sideways. 

        She's strong. Sesshomaru thought with a smile. 

"Use me." Katana intructed. Jade did what she was told. Not because she trusted the sword, but because all the demons came at her at once.

"Dragon Fire!" Jade yelled; holding the sword in front of her. She didn't know why, but those words came to her mind. Fire shot from the blade and engulfed all the demons. When the fire died they were all dead.

        Sesshomaru dropped down from the tree he was sitting in.

"One left?" Jade asked, "Leave or be killed."

"Not that one! Don't kill him!" the sword ordered.

"Shut up you stupid sword." Jade snapped.

"It's been far too long, Nayumi." Sesshomaru said; voice cold.

"Look here, fluffy, I'm not Nayumi." Jade snapped.

"Sister!" Rin yelled and ran to her.

"Uh, who's this?" Jade asked the sword as Rin wrapped her arms around Jade's waist.

"That is your sister, Rin." Katana replied.

"Look kid, I don't know who you think I am, but I'm not Nayumi." Jade said; squatting down and holding the girl at arms length.

"I know you don't recognize me now, but you will eventually!" the girl said with a warm smile. Jade coudn't explain it, but she felt a connection to her.

"Maybe." Jade replied with a smile.

"Don't come any closer!" Jade said; jumping back from Rin as Sesshomaru stepped closer.

"I'm not going to hurt you, human." Sesshomaru replied.

"I said stay back!" Jade yelled; striking out with her sword when he took another step. She managed to break the armor that went over his shoulder.

"What's going on out here?" a girl said fromt he back of a boy. A boy that had dog ears.

"Kagome!" Jade yelled; shocked that she looked the same as in the pictures she's seen.

"Nayumi?" Kagome asked.

"I'm not Nayumi!" Jade snapped; "My name is Jade. Sota is my grandfather."

"Sota?" Kagome asked; clearly shocked.

"Yeah. He's told me storied about you, and how you traveled using the well. Of course that was a few decades ago." Jade said. 

"What? I've only been back here for three days?" Kagome replied. 

"Well, Grandpa Sota is 72, so it's been more than just a few days." Jade said; crossing her arms. 

"You came from a different time, child. Nayumi's soul was placed in a different time in order for her to be reborn into the same bloodline as Kagome." Katana said. 

"You're a really annoying sword. Do you ever shut up?" Jade asked. 

"I never had to speak with Nayumi. She simply handled things herself." the sword scuffed. 

"For a sword, you sure have an attitiude." Jade muttered; shoving the tip into the ground. "I'm heading back to my world." Jade started to walk away, but the mark on her back started to burn again. 

"What's wrong?" Inuyasha asked as she fell to her knees. 

"Just a stupid birth mark." Jade grunted; reaching over her shoulder to cover it. 

        "What are you doing?" Jade exclaimed as Sesshomau lifted the back of her shirt to look. Everyone was shocked to see a mark that matched the one on Sesshomaru's forehead. 

"Where did you get that?" Sesshomaru asked.

"I was born with it. It's called a birth mark for a reason, stupid." Jade said through gritted teeth.

"Are you sure you're not Nayumi?" Inuyasha asked.

"Postive." Jade sneared, but had to bite down on her lip in pain.

        "Fine! I'll stay!" Jade yelled. Right on que, the pain stopped.

"Oh, thank God!" Jade breathed; wiping sweat from her forehead. 

"I'll help you to the village." Sesshomaru said.

"I can walk just fine." Jade snapped when he went to pick her up.

"I'm seriously starting to think that you'e just Nayumi messing with us." Inuyasha said; squinting his eyes at her.

"Shut up, pup." Jade snapped as she walked past him.

"You're gonna need help finding your way to the village." Rin said with a smile; grabbing Jade's hand and leading the way.

"Thanks." Jade replied; not completely sure of what to think of this girl. She was odd, but she liked her so far.

        "Are you going to sleep?" Sesshomaru asked when everyone else was.

"Are you?" Jade retorted.

"Want to go for a walk?" he asked.

"Not interested." she replied; rolling over on her side, and turning her back to him.

"Nayu- I mean, Jade, come for a walk with me." Sesshomaru said; standing up and holding his hand out to her.

"Why not. You actually remembered my name this time." Jade sighed; getting up without his help.

"Are you not taking your sword?" he asked as she walked past it.

"Not my sword." Jade shrugged, "Just because Im some reborn priestess doesn't mean anything she use to own is mine."

"Here." he said; pulling something from his robe and handing it to her.

"What is it? Clothes?" Jade asked.

"It's armor. I thought you might need it." he shrugged. No one knew, but after Nayumi died, Sesshomaru went and found her armor that some monkey sprites had taken.

"Will it fit?" Jade asked; looking at it closely.

"I'm sure it will." he replied.

"Whatever." she shrugged, but started to take off her clothes.

"What are you doing?" Sesshomaru asked; blushing slightly.

"Don't worry. I have panties and a bra on." Jade laughed.

"Panties and a bra?" he asked.

"I guess they don't have those in this time." Jade said, "You wear them under your clothes."

"I don't like them." Sesshomaru said with a slight frown.

"No one does." Jade laughed as she put the armor on.

"You should leave your hair down." Sesshomaru said as she started to put it up.

"It's in the way." Jade said; putting it up anyways.

"Let's sit." Sesshomaru said as they came up on the lake.

        "I'm surprised the armor is as comfortable as it is." Jade said after a while of sitting in silence.

"It's old so I would assume it's worn." Sesshomaru replied.

"It's Nayumi's isn't it?" Jade sighed; knowing it fit way to perfectly not to be.

"Yeah, before she died she lost it. We never got it back, but I found it afterwards." Sesshomaru replied.

"So tell me, what was your relationship with her?" Jade asked.

"I don't really know." he replied.

"Did you love her? Did she love you? Did you hate each other?" Jade prompted.

"A mixture of all those." Sesshomaru answered.

"So you hated each other, but loved each other at the same time?" Jade asked.

"She had a deep hatred for all demons, and I have never been too fond of humans. I'm not sure if I'm even capable of feeling love, but I did care for her like I care for Rin." Sesshomaru answered.

"Everyone can feel love. You just have to be willing to feel it." Jade said.

"The only reason she died was because she saved me. I got distracted trying to protect her, and a demon named Naraku almost killed me. She jumped in front of the blow. Usually she wouldn't have died, but when she saved me it broke the curse that was placed on her. The only way to break it was for her to fall in love with a demon." Sesshomaru explained.

"Then that means she loved you." Jade stated.

"She could never love a demon." Sesshomaru said.

"Look, if she was willing to give her life for yours then that means she loved you. Simple as that." Jade said; turning to face him.

Sesshomaru surprised Jade by wrapping his arms around her.

"Uh?" she said.

"Sorry." he said and started to pull away.

"I don't mind." she said; hugging him back. Jade didn't really know what to feel, but she could tell that Nayumi's soul was reacting to the hug, so she let it happen.

        "AH!" Jade screamed as the mark between her shoulder blades started to burn again.

"What is it?" Sesshomaru asked.

"The mark." Jade growled. Sesshomaru unhooked the armor and pulled it down to her elbows as he looked at her back. It surprised him to see two red lines form on each side of the cresent moon. Just like on his face.

"Nayumi!" a girls voice squealed from behind her.

"I'm not Nayumi!" Jade snarled in pain.

"What do you want Sakura?" Sesshomaru growled; not taking his eyes off Jade's back.

"Who-" Jade went completely still when she turned and saw who was standing behind her. It was the smiling girl from her dreams. The girl who smiled as she died.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.5K 2.3K 56
Ok main thing ( Fiction ) I some how end up in INUYASHA'S WORLD YAY Btw's I don't own Inuyasha this is just a FanFiction since I LOVE THE ANIME AND I...
43K 2K 23
Itsuki (Y/n) is a young man who was raised to never harm his face. His mother told him his only reason for existing was to be the husband of the vill...
10.4K 250 9
My name is Kokorohime Higurashi, Kokoro for short, and I am the 19 year old brother of Kagome Higurashi. I'm the older brother of us three. I was bor...
5.3K 98 26
Kaname's life has been dull ever since she got back from the Feudal era. She misses life in the feudal era so much, she never thought it possible. Sh...