Deliciously Tempting. (COMPLE...

By LJMay03

Terra Howard, a 21 year old restaurant worker trying to work her way up the career ladder. Derrick Caine, a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Authors Note

Chapter 19

3.3K 169 0
By LJMay03

I answered before I could think.

"Yes." I grinned as Derrick kissed me.

"You have made me so happy!"

I laughed at him as he drowned me in kisses. We spent most of the day in bed on Christmas.

I let Gemma come up and Derrick lifted her on to the bed.

We spoke about the restaurant, Derrick finished up on the TV show in England. When we should move in together. The wedding.

"Does anyone else know you are back?" I asked dreamily while resting my head on Derrick's chest.

"No."

I sighed in content. I was in heaven.

"Do you want to wait a while before we announce the engagement publicly?"

"Please."

I felt Derrick's hand rubbing my back.

Today became my favourite day. Derrick came home. I admitted that I love him. He proposed to me. He spoils me. I thought to myself.

We stayed in bed all day until the nagging hunger pains started. I pulled on a shirt and Derrick pulled up some pants as we made our way to the kitchen. I whipped up some lamb and tzatziki wraps as we stood in the kitchen eating. I laughed at his jokes and he smiled so much every time I did.

I feed Gemma some left over lamb and patted her on the head.

"Give me a few weeks to move in." I said suddenly out of the blue.

"Sure." Derrick agreed as he finished the last of his wrap.

"I'll tell Ellie when she gets back. She can stay here." I sighed as I looked at my beloved kitchen. "She needs to get out on her own."

Then I started rambling. "What about work? Oh and Kayla? What will I say to my parents? We need to set something up."

Derrick wrapped an arm around me. "It's okay. How about we keep this to ourselves for a few days first. In a couple weeks, we will do a large dinner with your family and mine and go from there?"

I nodded. "Yeah. That sounds more reasonable." I agreed. After I cleaned up, Derrick and I headed back to bed and watched a couple movies.

I fell asleep in his arms and just on the cusp of sleep, I heard him mutter in to my hair as he kissed me, "I love you Terra."

****

It was late in the evening and I was due back at work the next morning. The thought of returning had anxiety was bubbling up from my stomach and I was trying not to hyperventilate.

"Hey." Derrick rubbed my back. "We can walk in together." I shot him a look. "Or not."

I was having bad thoughts, jumping to conclusions. That's what anxiety does.

"What if we are rushing in to this?" I asked.

"Technically we have been dating for 7 months as of next Thursday."

That offered some comfort, not a lot but some. "But take out the six months!"

Derrick kissed the top of my head. "You're stressing for no reason." I took a few large gulps of air.

"But what will everyone think when we announce it? We announce our engagement in two weeks. Everyone will think I'm a gold digger!"

"Don't worry what everyone will think!"

"I can't help it. It's my anxiety." I blinked several times as I stood up from the bar stool. Gemma followed me as I walked to my bed room. Derrick was behind Gemma.

"Come here." Derrick opened his arms and I settled in to him. "How about we just tell the ones we love and give it a few months before an announcement."

I nodded my head against his chest. My new ring dug into my chest. I had placed it on a nice long chain and concealed it into my cleavage.

"I care what people say. It's my feelings that get hurt."

"OK."

It was several minutes before I spoke again. "How was dinner?"

"Delicious. Just like you."

I smiled. He always knows how to make me smile.

"Come to bed." Came Derrick's soft whisper as his fingers caressed my hair.

I looked up at him and kissed his mouth. Ellie wasn't due home till tomorrow at the earliest. We still had the house to ourselves for one more night.

I pulled away and shrugged off my silk dressing gown. It was a gorgeous gold colour that was floor length as it fell to the ground. I stood there in my black bra and panties, waiting for Derrick to snatched me up.

"I have an early start tomorrow. So we can't be all all hours." Derrick growled in to my mouth.

I shook my head in agreement as we got lost in each.

****

I rolled over and went to cuddle Derrick, but he was gone. My eyes fluttered open. Oh yes he is at work.

Then I jolted awake. I looked at my alarm. Crap I forgot to set it. I only had twenty minutes to get ready. I raced out of bed and showered quickly, brushing my teeth as I dressed.

I threw my hair up into a bun, knowing I will have to remember to put a hair net on and flew out the door.

After battling traffic, I parked the car and raced in. I was five minutes late, literally. I set up my station and quickly bent to tie my shoes.

"You're late."

I heard Danny. I stood up straight. "Sorry. Traffic."

Danny arched an eyebrow. "Really. You look like you slept in."

I ignored his comment and continued on with my work.

"That's the fourth time this month."

Yes, I said to myself. Each time because of Derrick, staying up late, talking, except last night wasn't talking. "I'm gonna have to put you on probation."

I gasped. "What?"

"You might be even be demoted!"

I stood there absolutely shocked. He can't!

Danny went back into the main office. Then I heard a ruckus in there.

"You did what?" I heard Derrick yell. "Absolutely not!"

Myself and a few other workers looked at Derrick's door. But we didn't hear anything else for a while.

I was lost in my work and hours went past before I noticed that it was nearly opening time. I only had a couple hours left in my shift and Danny approached me.

"Your job is safe for now, but I'm watching you."

I ignored him. Then Derrick was at the front of the kitchen. "Okay people. I know I've been away for a while, but I am now back. We need to finish our basic prepping. Everyone that's finishing their shift soon, finish your jobs. It's nearly show time."

I kept my head down as I rolled out some pastry. I could sense eyes on me but ignored the feeling. I hurried through my jobs and the last one was displaying the cheesecake of the day.

The change over of the shifts today also indicated a new roster rotation for the fortnight. I washed my hands and grabbed my handbag before looking at the roster.

"How did you end up with new years eve and day off, Terra?" I heard some one asked. I frowned in confusion.

My head snapped to the paper. "I don't know." I mumbled. I've never had new years off before. I quickly jotted down my hours on my notepad before leaving.

I started walking out the front door when a waitress came to me. "Can you please tell Mr Caine that there is a reporter here to see him."

Oh crap. I had done so well today avoiding him. I turned on my heel and knocked on the door.

"Come in."

Uh oh, trouble at work 😶

Do you think Terra should avoid Derrick?

How long do you think they can keep this a secret?

Vote and comment

Thank you

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.3K 1.1K 46
AU where Jasmine is just a 21-year-old working at her families restaurant. Anthony is just a 19-year-old who finished college early has his life laid...
993K 32.6K 46
Mature Content (Ages 17+) *BDSM/HUMOUR* Fate decides that two people, with completely different values and lives, shall be thrown into the same workp...
179K 7K 21
The second book from Deliciously Tempting. Terra Howard, a girl working in her own little restaurant, trying to start afresh. Derrick Caine, a multi...
440 53 30
Savannah Brian, a twenty year old female whose High School career was full of regrets. The once popular girl who had it all, is now the waitress whos...