Rise of the Guardian and Prot...

By Zella40Sacy

This time, Merida and Rapunzel are stepsisters. Nevertheless, they love each other. Both of them haven't expe... More

The Sisterhood
Our Only Desire: Friends
The Decision
A Mysterious Tower
The Stranger
Acquainted with the Winter Spirit
Imma Get Myself Out of Berk
Out Into the Open Air
Bumped by Accident
Heal what has been hurt
Came out of nowhere
Collapsed at the moment
The New Recruits
She's hearing voices
Cheeks Reddened
The Guardians in their Own Perspectives
Black Sand and the Dark Voice
ARGUMENT during the Rescue?
Start Over Again
Concealed Cooperation
First: Secret Preparation and Second: Breakfast
The Birth of the Big Four
The Two Friends Falling Apart
Renewed Friendships
Combine Forces for Revenge
2 GIRLS TALKING ABOUT 2 BOYS
Rapunzel's birthday: PART 1
Rapunzel's Birthday: PART TWO
Arrival of the Great Distress
Wretched, Caged, First Revealed Secret
What happens NOW?
The Daughter Arises
Escaped From the Firegirl
Something's Just Wrong
Girl in Black Dress
The Lost Princess
Could Not Forgive
Alliance
The Final Battle Begins
Pitch's Undoing
Don't Just Stand There, Help.

Burnt Home

430 18 9
By Zella40Sacy

Chapter 37

~Jack P.O.V.~

I was back home at the workshop last night after Jamie and his friends tried to regain Sandy back ilke what they did before but the fear was too strong. I told them it would be fine and they could always try some other time. When I arrived here, I heard Bunny raising voices at North. Tooth was growing weak. I saddened at another Pitch's doing but proceeded to my room. Hiccup saw me before I could enter and told me everything; the vision he had, the new plan to be discussed. I was shock when I knew Rapunzel was the lost princess. Gothel can be really naughty. Hey! I should remind North to check twice on Gothel on his naughty list!

Right now, I aroused from my bed, groaning. I miss Punzie. I hope Merida finds her and bring her here.. You know what I'd probably do? I might K-I-S-S her! I owe her another one of her presents.

I shook the thought when some knocked on my door. "Jack! Bud? North says we should have our training and practices later. Breakfast is already served at the hall." Hiccup informed.

"Sure. Sure. I'll be there in a second."

I guess it's time to get ready...

~Nefaria P.O.V.~

I kind of overslept. I don't usually wake up at six in the morning. It's always four or five. Anyhow, I woke up of the warm sensation around me. Then I suddenly jumped off of the roof where I slept. Yes, I slept on the roof of a house. I realized I accidentally liberated my heat energy that it burned up the entire thing.

I saw lots of people trying to take down the fire. There were a few men who went inside to find some poor kid. A mother was crying on the arms of a man. They might've been the parents.

"Jeez. I didn't mean to do that whole thing." I whispered to myself. You know, I forgot that I release heat often when deep down I'm boiling. Meaning, I forgot that I literally do so when someone makes me feel guilty, weak, mad, or whatever. What Rapunzel told me about being her friend made me feel guilty inside of not being able to.

I sighed. Seeing the cause of the burnt house, made me even mad. So I tried to move out. I flew away when the air wasn't cooperating that much and I fell to another house. Since I was flaming while flying awhile ago, the flames interacted with the house and easily got burned. "Oops." I said.

Then I saw another set of people trying to get water and rescue the families inside. "Great. Two houses burnt. What else? A volcano eruption?" I asked angrily.

The mother I saw a minute ago was so noisily crying! I looked around to see what happened. Then I saw her child. The kid was entirely burned. He was dead. The father walked away and crazily took a burned paper from his hardcopies. He blamed some neighbors, said some insulting words about them. He said his kid would have lived if it wasn't for their sabotages of burning their home. He raised the burned paper. I tried to shout 'no', but of course he won't hear me. I couldn't do anything about it. He threw the fire into another house. Until such time, the whole village burned up.

"Oh no." I wanted to slap that darn guy. Lucky for him, I can't. So I slapped mysel instead. "Ugh, I'm leaving this place. There's nothing I can do for this. I couldn't absorb the fire. I only make." I said.

~Merida P.O.V.~

I woke up an hour ago when Punzie shook me. I can see her now, I don't know why. She would not tell me. She said I'll know soon. Bah. Punzie. Well at least it's not hard for me to look for her again. I knew we were inside a jail. But I don't know how we could ever get out. It's closed with bars and walls. There is small window though. So yeah, I could peek right through it.

"Ey lassie, stop singing will ye? I'm trying to geyt us owt of 'ere. Ain't ye gonna help me?" I asked.

"Do you think Nefaria is somehow well, good?"

Uhg... -____- Why would I even bother?? "Save yer curyesity Rapunzel. Just pleez help me reach tha window."

Rapunzel sighed. She came to me and asked how she could help. I told her what to do. So she crouched down as I instructed her. I started to put my left foot on her right shoulder. Then did the other foot with her other shoulder. I told her to slowly lift me up..

"What?! You're too heavy!" She complained.

"Shut it! I've beyn working owt way befow tha' wee icey lad rescued us from tha' tower." I said. Punzel cracked up that it made me shake a bit. "Hold it aye?!" I became furious.

"Okay. Okay. I'll try to lift you up." She said. Rapunzel made her efforts to lift me, but she did it very, very, very slowly.

"Uhhh.. Ye mayt wanna exert more force." I said.

"You think?" She grunted. "You might wanna loose weight, you..."

I rolled my eyes. "Stop!" I signaled when I reached the window. "Ahh.. Fresh air!" I joked around.

"Merida!! Come.... on...."

I laughed. "Alrayt. Alrayt. Hmm.." I looked around the edges to see if we could fit in it. Too bad, we won't, but I could use it to see what's happening outside. I saw a big smoke coming out from Burgess. Well, Pitch's hide-out isn't a few blocks away from the village. "Theyr's a whole lot of houses on fayr owt theyr."

"What?"

"I said, THEYRS A WHOLE LOT OF HOUSES ON FAYR OWT THEYR!! YA HEAR!!!????"

"Oww!!" Rapunzel accidentally stumbled down and I fell. Ooogh..

I got up easily. "Next taym, remind me not to showt tha' lowd while I stand on top of ye." I said. I helped her get up.

"You better should." She said, looking angrily at me. I laughed nervously.

We heard a door shut from somewhere. "Had a little fun with Burgess now did you Nefaria darling?" That was Gothel. Looks like Nefaria was the one who burned the village.

"I did not.... It... It was an accident." She said.

"She burned the village?" Punzel whispered.

"Guess so." I replied.

"Pitch was glad you did. He said he'd know you might use some of your powers for his plans."

"He knew? He knew that it would happen? And you let it be?!" Nefaria raised her tone.

"Yes. And I don't care what you think. You're his instrument. He's your Lord."

"He.Is.Nobody.To.Me. And so are you." She replied. Rapunzel and I gasped at what she said. Real stubborn, Nefaria.

"Nefaria, this is what you are. You can't hide from reality." Gothel said before she could fly away as we saw her did. Rapunzel called her.

"Nefaria!"

She stopped and glanced at us. Her eyes were glowing red. We slightly jumped from the bars. Nefaria realized what her features came to be affecting her appearance and flew away to hide.

Gothel came in front of our jail. "This is why I wanted to seek revenge on your family Merida." She said, in my FACE. "This is what your villagers did to my precious child."

I spit on her dress. "Ye deserve a layf in pain. Nefaria was yer child. A witch's child may I add. Ye let her be with tha fate of yer ancestors. It's not my parents fault nor tha villagers. Eyt was ye and yer beings' fate." I said.

She scowled. "We lived happily before. I lived myself like a normal human being like you and her!" She pointed out to Rapunzel. "Your villagers made me and Nefaria look evil and tried killing both of us even though we didn't harm anyone! Who is to blame?"

"No one." Rapunzel said. "The villagers thought you were dangerous because of what you are. They burned Nefaria because they thought she was as dangerous as other witches and it was her fate. It wasn't Merida's parents fault she died. They knew nothing about the incident. It's not our fault. We were merely victims of your capture. It's not YOUR fault. Because you were the mother. You did everything to protect her. It's no one's fault. It simply just have to happen for some reasons."

"And what is that? To make me suffer for more than eighteen years trying to make myself younger so that I could find a way to be with my daughter again? Or is it simply to make myself wanna regret being who and what I really am?"

"Ye told Nefaria yerself, tha' is wot ye 'r'. Ye can't hide from reality. So I'm going to tell ye. Eyt happeynd. Ye can't change things in tha past. There's nothing ye can do but to accept. Ye cannot hide from reality, Gothel. Ye have to let her go." I said.

Gothel wiped a tear in her eyes. "You just don't understand me." She said then disappeared among the shadows.

"Don't understand her!? Is she insane? We were trying to make her understand!! How could she not.... UNDERSTAND tha'??!!"

"Calm down Merida. Besides.. She was a woman who lost her child."

"Like the woman whose son died because of my nature." We turned around to see Nefaria inside the jail. "I caused their house to burn. Leaving her son dead. It was my fault the father became a jerk and burned the other houses. I'm a destroyer. I deserved death." She glanced at Rapunzel. "I don't deserve a life."

"Nefaria..." Rapunzel started but Nefaria don't want her to talk.

"I'm sorry my mother took you both from your parents. I know now how it's hard for your parents to lose you. I don't want them to feel like they'll forever lose their kid and be like Gothel and the father. She sought to revenge. He blamed and took other people's happy life."

Rapunzel and I looked at each other. We sensed her good aura. To answer Punzie's question a while ago, THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD IN NEFARIA.

"Listen, I'm gonna help you guys get out of here. Pitch wouldn't know unless he is still inside his lair. So I'm going to make him distracted from the outside world. I have to ruin some of his already made attacks."

"Attacks?!" Rapunzel gulped.

"Uhh.. I meant the nightmares. He calls them that." Rapunzel heavily sighed. I smiled. "So I'm gonna need a little help from the Guardians, IF they'll lend me a hand."

"They will if ye tell them wot ye told us. I'm sure they'll believe in ye. After all, believe is like they're motto." I said.

"I have thought about that. But I guess your boyfriends wouldn't let me. You know, I'm kind of the reason you two are here." Nefaria said.

"Boyfriend? What?! No!" Rapunzel and I said in unison. Hiccup is not my boyfriend! Oh please..

Nefaria rolled her eyes. "It's not like I'd not notice. You girls like those fellas. Don't even deny it Ginger." Jeez. Calling me that after you offered to help, aye?

"Whatever. I just..." I felt my cheeks warm. "Hiccup is... well..."

"Cute?" Nefaria teased.

"Jerk off. I have no feelings for tha' viking."

"Okay. Fine. Anyways, should I still tell Jack and Hiccup?" She asked.

"You have to." Rapunzel said. "They have to know. Just earn their trust. Go easy on Jack especially. He's kind of sensitive of my so-called-extinction." We all laughed.

"Well, I might have to tell him you got your body back. So yeah. I just have to get starting now. Be back after everything goes smoothly." She flew out of the window we used to look outside.

"And quickly!!" I shouted. She disappeared.

"Hope she'd succeed." I said.

"Yeaaaahhh!!!!! I knew she was good!! YES!!!!" Rapunzel cheered.

-_____- I'm glad she's my STEP-sister. HAHAHAHA.

-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

A/N: Oh my goodness, my good little Keepers, I had a long time to update this one. I am so sorry!!! *crosses fingers* I hope you aren't mad. I did this real quick without thinking anything ahead. You know for the next chapters. Except for the rescue mission. Well. I wanted to make more chapters before Nefaria could ever think of helping Rapunzel and Merida get out. But this book has too many chapters now and I have to finish it and get going. Don't worry. There will be a Book 2. *screams like a fangirl* Okay so yeah.. The Book 2 would not be anymore about them but about their children. Hekhek. You know I just had to make use of my imagination when it comes to combining the 2 pairs into their very own kids, if you even get that.

Anyways, I was so, so happy last week! I could not believe of my rank in the C.A.T. I'm so thankful. At least the training was worth it in the end. Yippeee.. Also.. I might wanna ask a suggestion from you guys whether Jackunzel kid will be girl/boy and whether Mericcup kid will be girl/boy. Just commnt down below on what gender you picked for both Jackunzel and Mericcup kid for Book 2. Thanks Keepers. Love you!

Vote.Comment.FollowMe. If you like to.. ^____^ If you have a book, I'm glad to read them now. I'm quite bored.. Teheee..

-Zella40Sacy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.4K 4.8K 56
In their previous life, taehyung had been overweight. His face was covered in acne. Yet jungkook still forcefully ate him up. Exactly how much did h...
57K 2.9K 35
• Ranbir a cold hearted person , have a anger issue • Prachi a kind hearted person , the most stubborn girl both are different in their ways what w...
21.5K 375 13
DELULU & GUILT PLEASURE
198K 8.7K 23
စံကောင်းမွန် + တခေတ်ခွန်း ငယ်ငယ်ကခင်မင်ခဲ့တဲ့ဆက်ဆံရေးကနေအကြောင်းတစ်ခုကြောင့်စိတ်သဘောထားကွဲလွဲပြီး ပြန်တွေ့တဲ့အချိန်မှာသူဌေးနဲ့အလုပ်သမားဆက်ဆံရေးဖြစ်သွ...