Girl in Black Dress

Chapter 34

North P.O.V.

I can't help but notice Merida getting a piece of the puzzle of the situation. Despite she, being concerned of what expression I had in my face, I ignored her. I wasn't in the mood to talk anyway.

Few hours passed while I was in my workshop, I was recalling something. I was distracted when I heard a knock.

"North? Can we get in man?" Jack.

"We hav a--uhh-- thing! A thing to ask ye." Merida.

"Well.. it won't take long. At least maybe 10 minutes?" And Hiccup.

I sighed. I know I should tell them, especially Jack. They needed to know. So I stood from my seat and opened the door.

"We will talk. But not here." I said.

"Oookay?" The three said in unison when I pushed them together at the Globe Room. I called all the other guardians and told them what I'm supposed to do. They agreed.

"Look. North? Can we ask--uhm." Merida was a bit not herself by the time. I can see why. Jack snickered behind her and Hiccup just sighed.

"What is it ginger?" Bunny said.

Merida fumed but I warned her. "I was trying to ask... Was theyr sahmthing tha' we had to know but ye didn't tell? Just one thing." She said.

"Yes. There is." I answered. I nodded at Bunny to start off with the revelation.

"It was a cold and dark night, mates. 'Twas the time when Jack wasn' reincarnated yet." Bunny narrated.

"Wait-wait a minute. You're not telling a story. Can we just have a brief explanation please?" Jack complained.

"Crockey! Frost, if you three wanted to know something we should have told you, you should keep yourself low!"

Jack shrugged.

"We all stayed in one roof together. It snowed hard on that night. For a few minutes, we heard a knock on the door." I continued.

**FLASHBACK**

"I'll get it." I shouted. I went and opened the door then I saw a girl in her 7 years, wearing a black dress.

"Hey kid, what are you doing here?" I asked with concern and worry.

"They said I can get help from the Guardians." The girl replied. I was shocked. From that time, I wouldn't know she knows that we are Guardians. Every kid in the world use to call us by our spirit names.

"What help?"

She handed me an envelope. It made me curious enough to ask.

"What's this?"

"A letter."

"A letter?"

"M-hmm."

"Who are you? Where's your parents?"

"I only have one and I happen to lose her when I was an infant. I heard my mother once called my name....... Nefaria."

Nefaria.. I've heard about her. We Guardians knew her story. She was a witch's daughter. The villagers burned her because of her family's sorcery when she was still a baby. She was burned in front of her mother namely, Gothel. Gothel cried out her name, losing hope she'd live with her daughter. The villagers tried burning her next to Nefaria. But she was luckily saved by a bear. We never heard what happened to Gothel (until now).