The Two Friends Falling Apart

Chapter 22

~Merida P.O.V~

Okay. I had a pretty hard laugh a while ago. I’ve got to be serious right now. North’s a little annoyed. Jack and Hiccup stopped snickering though. Rapunzel kept smiling in front of North, probably waiting for him to tell us what to do. And the pets? Pascal and Toothless? I’m not so sure. Toothless was kinda annoyed at Pascal because Pascal kept on obscuring at the black scales of Toothless…  Tooth whispered something to the big jolly old man. I’ve got no idea of what the whispers were… Then just after Tooth told North s-something he turned to us.

“Alright, so …..” He paused then “Ah! Jack!” He called out. Jack widened his eyes at North’s call.

“Mmm? Yes?” It’s like he have seen a ghost!

“You take over son. The other guardians and I will discuss something for a while.” North instructed Jack. Son? Oh! North did mention that he can be father-like to all of us. And remember that I told you that his eyes widened at North’s call, his eyes were even bigger than before!

“Wh-what?!” Jack protested. “All the more reasons to pick someone qualified!” Jack walked away. I glanced at Hiccup and Rapunzel and we all shrugged. But seriously, he really isn’t tha’ qualified. What all he does is freeze watur particles, flirt with meh sister, and mess with meh hair! –whale face-

“Jack, it’ll just be for now.” North said. “Besides, it’ll take less than 2-3 minutes.” He continued. Jack glanced back at North then to us then back at him and sighed.

“Fine! But I’ll put a timer on your discussion thingy so that it’ll be your turn to train ‘em.” Jack said. His icy watch came out again at his wrist. Rapunzel and Hiccup, was all like ‘Where did it even come from!’ with huge eyes.

“Sure!” North replied at Jack. Jack clicked on one of the blue buttons on his wristwatch then he finally let it disappear again. When Jack saw Rapunzel and Hiccup’s faces freeze, Jack mouthed ‘What?’ with a matching expression on his face. I laughed.

“Et was theyr furst taym to see yer ‘oh so awesome’ watchy appear and disappear like tha’.” I said.

“Oh! Haha.. Yeah well it was a gift from North last Christmas.” He told us.

“Wow! N-North made it?” Hiccup asked in awe. “I’m a-a-amazed!” He said.

 “Y—y-y-yea Hi-Hi-Hiccup ye’re r-r-right!” i SAID.. I was teasing him. That's all!!

“O-o-Okay let’s s-s-start th-th-the lesson g-g-guys!” Jack joined the mockery. And surprisingly, so did Rapunzel! Haha!

“Y-yeah! A-a-and M-m Merida will g-g-g-GO first!” She said. We all laughed except for Hiccup.

“What’s so funny?!” Hiccup asked; angry. We kept laughing for like 20 seconds.

“Hey! Are we gonna have a training or what?” Hiccup got moody. We all paused.

“We’re just having fun Hiccup.” Jack said, feeling sorry.

“Well yeah but it didn’t work, did it?” Hiccup said. Gee. He really was mad at the moment. This is ALL MY FAULT.

“Sorry Hiccup. I’m the one who started. Ye should blame me.” I apologized.

“It’s okay Mer. Let’s just get over it, okay?” He said to all of us and we nodded.

“Merida!” Jack called me, I faced him. “Since you started the th-th-thingy pr-pr-problem, you go first.” He said.

 “Alright. So, what am I suppose to do nao??” I asked.